1204 West Lynn St.
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jeffreysofaustin.com/
- Phone: 5124775584
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Bar: 5:00pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Deegan McClung
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant has dining rooms to accommodate large groups. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kate McClung 5124775584
A word from Jeffrey's Restaurant
A passion for friendship, food and wine fed the genesis of Jeffrey's. It continues to endure today. The restaurant first took shape in 1975 when Jeffrey Weinberger and Ron and Peggy Weiss, friends from student days at the University of Texas, pooled their interests, talents, and enthusiasm with three other pals to open an intimate neighborhood bistro in Austin, such as they had encountered in their travels. They were part of the first wave of new American cuisine, and over the years they made their mark with an original flair that is unmistakably Jeffrey's alone. Chef Deegan McClung is known for accenting regional flavors and ingredients with European recipes and techniques in order to create a unique cosmopolitan style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jeffrey's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- When in Austin we always goMe1970VIPDined on 4/13/2012When in Austin we always go to Jeffrey's, never had a bad meal or experience. Sad to find out its closing for 10 months for a refit as its been sold, hope the new owner doesn't ruin the reputation Jeffrey's has built over the years of serving excellent food/wine for reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Definite GemsStephanieCDined on 4/7/2012The 5-course tasting menu as a whole was excellent but not quite stellar (which past experiences have been - not on the tasting menu). Tomatillo Gazpacho was fantastic, butter lettuce salad left a little to be desired. Props on the snapper, though. I would have been satisfied with just that - that sauce served with it was a bite of heaven. My date ordered for me and I would not have chosen to be served the foie gras, otherwise. Pairing foie gras (which I have had in the past) with a banana bread and walnut butter was ingenious, though - just sweet enough. Plate of chocolate incredibleness only made it about 1/3 of the way - very rich and already full by that point. The wine pairings left a little to be desired - notably all whites :(Special Features:
- I have read many reviews aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012I have read many reviews about Jeffrey's. The experience from arrival to leaving was friendly and warm. The dining experience was exceptional. The menu may look limited but the focus was on quality of prep and presentation. Nice wine list and the wait staff was wonderful. We shall return!Special Features:
- Used to be favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2012Used to be favorite restaurant in Austin. Had reservation and was seated at 7:30. Did not get check until 10:30. Food still good but too loud, service terrible and too expensive. Bill was $247 for three people, with no wine and one cocktail. Charged $5.00 for valet parking, no option.
- Food was ok. For the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Food was ok. For the prices and hype I should have been blown away. I hear it may be under new ownership, if so they have dropped the ball. This would be a 4 star if the prices reflected the food. Fried oysters lacked soul, maybe just some more salt. Duck was like eating salted pork. Snapper was very good. I'll spend the money at Olivia's next time.Special Features:
- Jeffrey's has great food andLouisvilleVisitorVIPDined on 3/24/2012Jeffrey's has great food and the best service in Austin, but it is a bit old school in comparison to some of the new big boys in Austin (Uchiko, Olivia, etc) in both ambiance and originality.Special Features:
- Awesome food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2012Awesome food and great service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food and service. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Great food and service. I really enjoy my dinners at Jeffrey's.Special Features:
- way too loud; our table wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012way too loud; our table was crammed against another table--I bumped heads with the person at the table behind me several times. The food was okay, but the portions were small for the price, and the red fish on the menu was actually red drum.... And the one little quail for $28 was really embarassing. Our waitress, however, was outstanding--doing everything she could to accommodate us. It's time, however, for Jeffrey's to change & I'm looking forward to the new incarnation.
- The porcini rubbed filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2012The porcini rubbed filet mignon was the best filet mignon I have experienced, and cooked perfectly. The Original oyster appetizers were great. The oysters were very sweet. Tomatillo gazpacho was excellent. My bread pudding with whiskey sauce was great. Champagne cocktail was perfect. Wife's chocolate decadence dessert with double chocolate ice cream is her favorite. The chef inscribed her plate with "Happy Birthday" in chocolate. The double chocolate ice cream is really special. Our server was efficient and helpful. We hope they are as good after the planned remodeling and menu change.Special Features:
- Jeffrey's back on my list...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2012Had dinner Sunday night after SXSW with some friends from out-of-town that seek-out and appreciate good food. I prepared them by telling them that I had not been to Jeffrey's in a while because while this used to be a very good restaurant, it has been in a bit of a decline (from my personal perspective) for the last several years. This night, though, the staff was very friendly, efficient and knowledgable, and the food was fresh, delicious and well prepared. Thanks, Jeffrey's, for impressing my friends and topping off their SXSW experience!Special Features:
- The service at Jeffry's isATXERVIPDined on 3/11/2012The service at Jeffry's is always superb. All of their staff is very attentive and very friendly. They make sure that your visit is exceptional, from the time you walk in the door, until you leave after a fabulous meal. The food is prepared to feast the eyes as well as the taste buds. Their signature fried oysters are the best we have ever enjoyed. The fried quail legs are so light and delicate. We have never had a dish there that we didn't enjoy. All of the chefs at Jeffrey's are excellent. Each chef takes pride in their offerings and never disappoint. This is one local Austin tradition that will be very much missed by everyone. We will follow Lisa and the gang as they go on to other opportunities!Special Features:
- We were disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012We were disappointed that our meal took so very long to be prepared, and it was not hot when it finally arrived. Overpriced.
- We gathered six of our closestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2012We gathered six of our closest friends and loved ones for a marvelous dining experience at Jeffrey's. Every step of the process was delightful. I've dined in fine restaurants all over the world, and Jeffrey's stacks up with the best of them.Special Features:
- try for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/9/2012Food was sub par for the expectations going in. didn't care for the scallops or the lamb dish I had.Special Features:
- Jeffrey's has been a AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2012Jeffrey's has been a Austin favorite of ours since they openned thirty years ago. The meal last Friday night was as memorable as our first. I hope the new owners continue to maintain the ambience and menu.Special Features:
- Sophisticated restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Sophisticated restaurant. Entries always interesting. Bread was delicious and the manner in which served very elegant. Jeffrey's would receive a perfect score if the food portions were a slight bit more generous.Special Features:
- martinis, crispy oysters,NeighborDined on 3/3/2012martinis, crispy oysters, cauliflower soup, yummy entrees, bread pudding... all perfectly served by our waitress - a delightful meal and experience.Special Features:
- Overheard loud waitstaff usingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012Overheard loud waitstaff using crude language while "in the back" thinking they were out of range of customers' ears. Food generally did not justify its price. The quail was small, dry and bland. We were called "kids" upon arrival by a man I believe to be the owner. My wife and I are 27 and well established and it is insulting.
- The only reason ambiance isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2012The only reason ambiance is "good" is because they were renovating and who knows what will happen. For this good a restaurant, they need to kick the service up a notch.Special Features:
- Incredibly tender short ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Incredibly tender short ribs and very tasty beef tenderloin. Very attentive server. A great night!Special Features:
- Concerning the food, we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Concerning the food, we had the butternut squash and gnocchi and the filet. Small portions, but well worth it! Cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was intimate but just a little noisy. The tables are close together and you can hear everyone's converstaion. The waiter was very friendly and knowledgable and even had the valet bring our car around. The rosemary martini was sweet and smooth. If you want to a romantic, intimate place this is it. Great for couples or groups trying to impress each other. Be prepared to spend at least $100.Special Features:
- The food was decent. My billOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2012The food was decent. My bill before tip was $140. I would definitely not agree, that you get what you pay for, however the service was great and the drinks were perfect.Special Features:
- Great service as always. TheOnyxloverDined on 2/15/2012Great service as always. The duck was as good as I have had. The fish dish, my wife had, was good but not spectacular.Special Features:
- Over-crowded Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I went to Jeffrey's on a Valentine's Day date with my boyfriend. When we arrived, they were behind schedule and had people waiting all over the restaurant. There were dining tables in the bar area, where people were trying to enjoy an intimate Valentine's dinner, that were completely surrounded by people waiting to get to the bar for a drink, due to their tables not being ready. Sitting at a table surrounded by buzzed, hungry people staring at my food, is not my idea of a romantic date. We were seated away from the bar, thank goodness. Service was good, but not the caliber I expect at a restaurant like Jeffrey's. It was obvious that the waiter was spread too thin due to the crowd, and could not pay adequate attention to each of his tables.Special Features:
- Our Valentines Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/14/2012Our Valentines Day dinner was just as wonderful as we expected it would be. We both ordered the 5 course tasting menu with wine pairing. The dessert pairing of with a Port wine made the tastes just pop! Austin has many fine restaurants, but the atmosphere at Jeffrey's still stands out - because it is so quiet that you can easily carry on a conversation in a low to normal tone of voice.Special Features:
- Good restaurant, worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012Food was good. Was a little disappointed with the alcohol. Took girlfriend out for valentines day. She loved it. Score!Special Features:
- My wife and I had been excitedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2012My wife and I had been excited to check out Jeffrey's for a long time an finally made it out. Unfortunately, we were somewhat disappointed. The server was distracted by several other larger tables. We felt a little forgotten at times and needed to remind the server for things like steak knives and wine. We never got the crushed pepper that was offered for our salads. The steak was very good. The trout was average. We're okay paying high prices for a meal, but we expect great food and service. It was a little lacking.
- Jeffrey's was wonderful, asOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/11/2012Jeffrey's was wonderful, as always! Even though we had a reservation, there was a wait. Hmmm, but it was Valentine's Day weekend, and maybe people were getting their romance on and staying longer than expected ;) Again, from the valet (Mateo) to server (Melita) were wonderful! Thank you for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Went to Jeffrey's on 2-10-2012OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012Went to Jeffrey's on 2-10-2012 with reservations at 5:30pm. After being seated, drink and appetizer orders were taken, and bread was served. Crispy oysters and salad were delicious but the service waned afterwards. Our server was so busy chatting and joking with the other patrons, calling them by name, and didn't bother to see if we needed anything while waiting for our entree. I sat with my wife for OVER 30 minutes after finishing our salad, waiting. We had an 8:00 performance time for the Long Center and were concerned of the time. After numerous attempts to gain the attention of server we finally had to ask that our filet mignons be packed to go. In less than a minute he came out with them, not packed to go, but cooled.Special Features:
- Highest tier in restaurants.GolfergabeDined on 2/9/2012Jeffries excels in quality and the imagination of the chef. Would recommend this for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Why? I don't know but thisPhilDined on 2/8/2012Why? I don't know but this was our first visit to Jeffrey's. Great food. Great service in a romantic setting makes it one of our new favorites.Special Features:
- Somewhere Else there is good.sgbooDined on 2/8/2012ODD MENU. Expensive!!! Very stingy with the bread. Ordered crispy trout with vegetables. Three tiny pieces of trout. Hardly crispy. COLD VEGETABLES. Cold beets and cauliflower. Really!! Bland oysters on the appetizer. So much money and we all left hungry. Nice waiter. He at least took my meal off the bill. Don't bother. This restaurant is done.
- As always, we had a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2012As always, we had a beautiful time! The ambiance was perfect and so was the dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2012The staff were incredibly efficient, personable and a delight. The food was excellent, it's good to know that there is a restaurant in Austin that serves high quality, fresh and well presented food. I'd like to see them expand their menu to serve a greater variety of entres.Special Features:
- Exceptional!mav13ick2010Dined on 2/4/2012As always, Jeffrey's was fantastic! The food, wine, hostess, bartender and waitstaff is amazing!! Thanks for another memorable meal!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2012Excellent food and service! Jeffrey's did not disappoint again.Special Features:
- Awesome date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012The food was outstanding! The chocolate intemperance was phenomenal. I wish we could eat here once a week!Special Features:
- Our waiter, I believe hisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2012Our waiter, I believe his name was John, was the right mix of friendly (but not too), unpretentious, and attentive! Kudos to him, he really knows what he’s doing.Special Features:
- local charm & great food, service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2012While the restaurant was booked to capacity, & it took awhile to be seated (even with reservations), they offered complimentary champagne, which was nice. The wait staff was VERY friendly & cordial, despite being under pressure with the full house. The food was delicious (filet mignon [Porcini-rubbed Filet Mignon Pecan-grilled Prime Tenderloin] with amazing subtle flavors with brussels- cooked exquisitely, and a satisfying serving of scallops (3 succulent ones, which is more than at many Austin restaurants these days, on bed of mustard greens & chanterelles), which were also quite tasty. A nice Kermit Lynch Côtes du Rhône, France 2009 & a Famaey Malbec Cahors, France 2007 rounded out the experience. All in all, one of my favorite placSpecial Features: