Jeffrey's Restaurant by Claudio
501 New Haven Ave
Milford, CT 06614Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jeffrey's Restaurant by Claudio
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jeffreysinmilford.com/
- Phone: 2038781910
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Everardo Tachimani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Piano Bar on Friday and Saturday evenings beginning at 7:00pm
A word from Jeffrey's Restaurant by Claudio
Jeffrey's Restaurant by Claudio is described by the New York Times/Connecticut as "the embodiment of the American Bistro." The menu includes an infusion of Asian and French flavors. Our Executive Chef offers daily specials which enhance our diverse menu. Our recent Zagat survey mentions that,"even after changing ownership, regulars report having the same positive experience at this lovely New American-Continental;professionally served in a romantic setting enhanced by views of the marshes and gardens. It's a favorite of many who like to dine in a civil manner."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jeffrey's Restaurant by Claudio reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Sunday dinnnerDwightDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant, to me, is just another restaurant. The food is not memorable, the service is lethargic, and despite the prior reservation the restaurant didn't seem to know we would be eating there at the appointed time. Onion soup? Although good tasting, it is NOT to be made with a slab of bread floating atop; it should be made with gruyere cheese. The tomato sauce in the main dish was indescribeableI would not return to that restaurant.
- Milford Restaurant Weekmlc1982Dined on 10/8/2014On a spur of the moment decision a friend and I decided to check out the Restaurant Week offerings. The limited menu options offered a good variety. I selected a house salad and beef tenderloin. The beef was cooked to perfection, the sauce was delicious and not over powering. the dessert I chose was an apple berry cobbler served a la mode. It was a great choice, although a bit light on the berries. Good wine selection. A little bit crowded in the bar area where we chose to sit, but we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Well-trained waitress wanted!TIPSDined on 8/24/2014Our waitress did not bring one of the drinks in the proper glass; after a short while she came back to check our order and had one down wrong and the worse one is that she brought one meal (ravioli w/scallops) without the scallops. On a positive note, the appetizer/entrees were delicious. Wine list extensive with generous portions served!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeffreys hit the spot!CaseyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Went and had dinner at the bar. Wes was the tender, great guy with great stories. I also ran into two other guys who were from NJ at the bar eating too! The food was very good and service spot on. definite stop for a great meal. I recommend. ConsumerMarineSupply.comSpecial Features:
- The following 162 reviews are from the Jeffrey's Restaurant by Claudio reviews archive.
- Jeffrey's ReviewsusangDined on 6/21/2014I made this reservation about two weeks in advance, requesting an outdoor table. When we arrived we were told that a large group had booked the main dining room and patio and the only table was in the bar, squeezed between two other tables, one of which had to be moved to make room for us. While I understand a large group bets out a table of four, no consolation was given. How about 5% off of the bill, or an offer of one round of free drinks, or a free dessert for the friend whose birthday we were celebrating? It's clear when there's a large group and you're a small one Jeffrey's is not a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was so disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2014Service was fabulous, Frenchie was the best. The wine he recommended was exactly to our taste, and price for a bottle was reasonable. Unfortunately, the food was not. The squash lobster bisque was delicious, but that's as far as it went. The fried oysters has a thick dry breading on them. The arctic char dish was just not to our taste, and the fish was dry. The scallops and shrimp app, both were overcooked. It's a nice place, great location, nice wine and service, but we would not go back I'm sorry to say. As my husband said, if we could put the food from Bin 100 at Jeffrey's it would be outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice place to eatLovefood2muchDined on 4/12/2014Our service was very good, and the menu had a nice choice of dishes, albeit it a little pricey. The room was very comfortable, and quiet, and was decorated in good taste. Our waiter was very attentive, and all in all, we enjoyed our evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDebFountDined on 1/18/2014We've been to Jeffrey's several times and have never had a bad meal. Service is always good as well!Special Features:
- Good but probably would not go backearlgreybanyanDined on 1/13/2014I had dinner at Jeffrey's earlier this week to celebrate a special occasion, and while my food was good, the service was rushed and at times a little rude. About 10 minutes after we sat down, one waiter in particular asked us if "we had been taken care of already" multiple times in quick succession and when I explained that our drink order had been taken but that we would like to order appetizers, he simply walked away, mumbling something about how the kitchen was backed up so we could not put our order in yet. We shared the baked brie, which was delicious, and my partner had the salmon, which was also great. I had the osso buco, which I enjoyed. Overall, it's a good restaurant but I probably will not return due to the service and the cost.
- We ate on Christmas Eve. IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013We ate on Christmas Eve. I had duck which was dry. The steak fish was fair. The ambiance was very nice. I think the staff was overwhelmed by the large crowd and the chef could not keep up.Special Features:
- SurprisedCherylannDined on 10/10/2013Participated in the Milford Restaurant Week lunch and was very, very please with the 3 courses. Flavors were spot on. Would definitely return for dinner. Noise.level was low and were able to hear our dining partners. WowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceGnatDined on 10/5/2013We arrived in time to eat outdoors on a beautiful fall afternoon, overlooking the marsh; great appetizers; a little too loud; it's a good thing we were outside; the entrees were worth the extra cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningEllenDined on 7/26/2013Two friends and I all celebrated a milestone birthday this year. As each happened the other 2 took the birthday girl out for dinner. The first 2 chose another fine Milford restaurant and I iopted for Jeffrey's. I hadn't been there in a while, but had always considered it a wonderful restaurant. I was not disappointed in the least. Food was delicious and the servive was perfect. Although we were gabby, we never felt rushed. I highly recommend Jeffrey's. Now that it's back on my radar I intend to return very soon.Special Features:
- Jeffrey's is always a veryJacquelineVIPDined on 7/18/2013Jeffrey's is always a very nice place to eat that never disappoints. The dishes are creative, often featuring regional sustainable food. and changes seasonally. To keep the menu interesting, daily specials are always offered on a blackboard at your table so you can dine there often and always find something new.Special Features:
- A disappointmentVannab25VIPDined on 7/13/2013We have eaten at Jeffrey's many times and always have had a delicious meal and terrific service. Saturday night was an exception! Caesar salad was nothing more than romaine lettuce and some parmesant cheese, not even presented very attractive. Then a scallop salad with one !! scallop. Rest of the diners were equally disappointed with their meals. We arrived around 8:30, restaurant was less than half full and by 9:30 Jeffrey's was empty. The waitstaff began to breakdown tables around us. Not my idea of a neighborhood gem this past Saturday night!
- Food was excellent,casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2013Food was excellent,casual dining and after dinner entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotCTfoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2013Great food, views of the river depending where you sit. Happy hour specials if you are looking for a bargain and a nice wine list with a mix of affordable and extravagant. Have not had a bad meal or service yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant was almost emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013We were surprised to find the restaurant almost empty. we had our choice of tables. It would have been nice to have some soft music plying, but the food was good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here several times now,larimar115Dined on 5/18/2013Been here several times now, the food is consistently good, just a nice romantic dinner place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day lunch. They did not offer a lunch menu and took sandwiches off the supper menu. So what should have been an affordable lunch was a strained occasion. They stated making a sandwich would back up the kitchen. More like trying to take advantage of a special day to make more money. Too bad we won't go back -Special Features:
- Would have been five stars except..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We made a reservation for brunch on a Sunday. A brunch menu is posted on their website as a prix fixe for $20. When we were seated, we were presented with the regular lunch menu with prices that would equal two to three times the posted brunch cost. When I inquired about the brunch, they said that they didn't do brunch but were having trouble getting the menu off their website. No other explanation or so much as a free glass of wine was offered. The food is wonderful as is the waitstaff but the bill that was double what we planned for was worth knocking off a star.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my wife for her birthday,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Took my wife for her birthday, they greeted us at the table with Champagne. Food was very good, timliness of service was perfect, not rushed, but also did not have to wait. Would go back!Special Features:
- Gone downhillLocalFoodieDined on 4/5/2013Not what it used to be. Entrees are poorly excuted, service is poor, specials on white board were spelled wrong. The bartender basically threw a bottle of wine at us because he was too busy looking at pictures with his friends. I always loved Jeffrey's when Jeffrey was there. It's not the same.
- I always enjoy dining here.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013I always enjoy dining here. We had a group of 9 and it was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Food. Waiter horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Great food. Great ambiance. Horrible, horrible waiter. Actually ruined the night for us, he was rude to us, didn't come to our table without at least 20-25 minutes in between appearances. We were waiting about 35 minutes for our check and when my MOTHER went up to ask the waiter for our check, he said, "You'll have to wait, I have to go sing Happy Birthday." I've never seen such a thing, but the owner handled it very well.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Valentine's Day dinner with my girlfriend was my first time visiting Jeffrey's, and they really impressed! The service was very friendly and professional and the food and wine were excellent. The atmosphere is quiet and intimate, yet also very relaxed for such a nice restaurant. We are already looking forward to going back again!Special Features:
- The food is very good, theMiniMomDined on 2/1/2013The food is very good, the menu boosts unusual combinations that work well.Special Features:
- This is the third time weUlysses4VIPDined on 1/10/2013This is the third time we have traveled here to meet a friend from southern CT for lunch. The quality and imagination shown in the menu is exceptional. Soups, starters, main courses and desserts all reflect great care. the service is unobtrusive and professional. This is, for us, a destination restaurant.Special Features:
- entree was a special of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013entree was a special of the night, but was mediocre. the fish was salty, the starch dish was tasteless and unidentifiable (the bus boy said is was risoto). i have experienced better meals there.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/21/2012The food was delicious and the bartender made a great vodka gimlet.Special Features:
- Disappointing dinner at Jeffrey'sJohnWVIPDined on 12/14/2012Jeffrey's used to be a truly outstanding restaurant. We went to Jeffrey's this weekend to celebrate my mother's 93rd birthday. The service was excellent and the entire staff joined in the singing of Happy Birthday to mom. Thank you. But there were few positives beyond that. The menu had the appearance of being creative, but seemed to be a combination of ideas with little cohesion. The wine list needs serious help. There are so many wines available to restaurants today at all price points, it is stunning that a better list could not have been assembled. It is reflective of the lack of care being put into the entire experience. Sadly, I cannot recommend Jeffrey's and in all likelihood I will not be returning for another dinner.
- usually dine here once a year....reLennyVIPDined on 12/8/2012usually dine here once a year....really a great restaurant with great food and service....never a bad meal.....highly recommend and reservations are bestSpecial Features:
- Still a favorite, hidden gembarbfamDined on 11/22/2012We went for thanksgiving and were pleased they were serving their regular menu, in addition to a few specials. Most places serve a very limited (and usually overpriced!) menu on holidays, and since we are not big turkey lovers, this is not ideal. Here, our family had duck, beef filet with shrimp, a filet mignon special, and the holiday plate of turkey with all the usual trimmings. Everything, including the side dishes, was perfectly cooked, delicious, and attractively presented on the plate. For dessert, we had chocolate lava cake, key lime pie, and an apple-berry cobbler and these too were from the regular menu and were quite delicious and in good sized portions - enough to share. The waiter was friendly and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:
- Overall Good - Staff InconsistentIronChefScottishDined on 11/22/2012Food was above average - both preparation and presentation. Appetizers were inventive and well-prepared. Main course was traditional Thanksgiving fare, and was more than acceptable. Primary service was excellent. However, the backservice, while present, seemed to be completely untrained and unable to execute even the most basic of tasks requested by the waiter. It brought the service level from a solid 4 down to a 2.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012We had a wonderful experience. From making the reservation, calling the restaurant to confirm, seating, cuisine, service, etc. Just great.
- Excellent meal!CataldijDined on 10/20/2012Husband and I had an excellent meal. Service was great.Special Features:
- We sat directly in front ofssa2014Dined on 10/19/2012We sat directly in front of the piano player and yet the music wasn't not so intrusive that we were unable to have a conversation. I don't usually agree with past reviews but when you read that people wanted to share their dishes and couldn't decide what was best you can believe it. Our meals were incredible. This restaurant could easily survive a few miles down the road in NYC. Neighborhood Gem: The best in Milford.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, amazingAlgtvsVIPDined on 10/13/2012Great restaurant, amazing food - always a great place for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- We had been here before, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2012We had been here before, but not in a while. The menu has definitely been upgraded. Nice outdoor dining area and excellent piano player in the dining room.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012We went for our 21st anniversary and had a great time. The food was fantastic & the waiter was wonderful. We had the oysters rockerfeller & the scallop tomato/mozz salad for starters. I had the steak with 3 cheese polano potato gratin...AMAZING!!! and my husband had the steak with stuffed shrimp. We kept insisting our own dishes were better, but the truth is, they were both great. I can't wait to go back!Special Features: