Jeffrey Adams on Fourth
321 W 4th St
Winston Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jeffrey Adams on Fourth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3364481714
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Jeffrey Adams on Fourth
From succulent steaks to hearty salads, Jeffrey Adams is your place for a quiet dinner for two to an evening event for a large party. Featuring a wood fired grill and craft cocktails, come see what all of Winston Salem is talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jeffrey Adams on Fourth - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Jeffrey Adams on Fourth reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)special occasion (24)good for groups (18)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (14)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Average Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My family and I normally love Jeffrey Adams, but this time we received undercooked food and minimal service. I would hate to see such a good restaurant lower their standards, but our order was wrong, it took 30 minutes to get our food, and most of the food was cooked incorrectly. I won't be going back for a while.Special Features:
- Food GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food was really good and wine list nice. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Bleu RibeyeNoBleuForYouDined on 10/4/2014Terrible cut of meat for the $29.00 price, to much grizzle. There was so much in the first several bites, I had to request a second and third linen napkin. In Jeffrey Adams defense, I did not bring the issue to their attention due the fact we were Nothere to celebrate a birthday and didn't want to ruin the celebratory mood.Special Features:
- CharacteristicsFoodie4LifeDined on 10/3/2014Great food, excellent place to treat yourself, great price for quality of food, impresses guests, Steak is good but not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Pleasant ExperienceIntercontintalDinerDined on 10/3/2014Very enjoyable first time experience for me and my family. Shared an appetizer of pot roast nachos and I really could have finished there because the plate filled me up. We kept our dinners simple with sandwiches and salads. A children's menu was available, but my granddaughter ordered the burger from the regular menu and she was pleased with her choice. I finished with the lemon crème brulee (I never say no to crème brulee) and it was delicious. Our server was extremely kind and gave us the right amount of attention. I was the driver of the group so I did not look over the wine or cocktail menu. Prices extremely reasonable. Had an upstairs, window-side table with a lovely night view of the city streets. Will most assuredly return.Special Features:
- Date nightHappyGirlDined on 10/1/2014We chose Jeffrey Adams due to its close proximity to the Stevens Center (right across the street). It is also very close to a major parking deck. Reservations at 5:30 and were seated immediately and by a window as requested on our reservation. Menu is limited (I prefer to not have an overabundant of choices), but something for most tastes (beef, chicken, seafood and veggie). Wait staff accommodating but also unobtrusive. Overall great experience, and we got to our seats at the Stevens Center on time and with no stress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchBrunchcrewDined on 9/19/2014Not much to stay other than a great dining experience for all 6 in our party. All entries were exceptional. Despite being busy with events and our reservation being late in the evening, service and food was of high quality. Don't miss this spot when in Winston-Salem.Special Features:
- NCBurnoutDined on 9/16/2014Excellent chef who has a wonderful menu. The waitress was very polite and always there when we needed her to refill our drinks.Special Features:
- Ok, but didn't make a strong impactWinstonSalemSDCDined on 9/6/2014Went to dinner with my wife, early-ish reservations on a Friday evening. Seated upstairs at a window and adjacent to the bar, so it was a good view of the street. She got pimento cheese burger and I got the portabella sandwich. She enjoyed her burger. My sandwich was just meh. Nothing wrong with - it pretty standard portabella sandwich. Was hoping for something more. Sides were frozen fries. Again, fine but hoping for better. Our server was the best of the upstairs group. He kept busy with his tables and checkin in with us. Other servers were standing around in the dining area chatting with each other, interrupting their conversations to serve diners occasionally. It was clear why service often gets bad reviews at Jeffrey Adams.Special Features:
- Delicious!JennAndPeteDined on 9/5/2014I really enjoyed our dinner at Jeffrey Adams. The restaurant is lovely (especially the ceiling) and romantic. The service is great! We had the Sirloin, asparagus, baked potato, sweet potatoes and gouda mac and cheese. Every food was delicious and had a woodgrilled taste. Side salad was also great. The restaurant was very relaxing and reasonably priced. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!EnjoyfoodDined on 8/29/2014This was my first experience at Jeffrey Adams and will certainly not be my last. I love everything about the restaurant. Friendly and knowledgeable staff and I can't say enough good things about the food! Excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodATLfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Grouper Special with Lobster Guacamole was to die for. JA has Wonderful food and terrific wait staff! Go at sunset and set by a window upstairs.....You will be rewarded with an amazing scene of thousands of bats swirling above the roof tops of Winston Salem. No need to watch National Geographic - WS has it right out the window of Jeffery Adams....amazing sight, food, wine and service :)Special Features:
- Mixed reviewFoodloverDined on 8/23/2014We had a nice table with a good view. The appetizers were good (Ahi Tuna and Artichoke Dip on Bread) but one of the 4 main dishes must not have been ordered because they only brought 3. The 4th one arrived after the rest of us had finished.Special Features:
- Great placelovetoeatanddrinkDined on 8/22/2014Another great dining experience. Food was amazing. .. tomato stack, tuna, mussels, peach cobbler.... just to name a few things our group sampled. Great wine list and great location as well. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Just Okay ExperienceNotSoCleverNameVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Jeffery Adams on the the recommendation of a family member. We were there for 10 minutes before someone came to tell us our server had gone on a break and then another 5 before they came back and told us they didn't know where they were. My wife and I both felt that the server in training who was helping us was doing the best job out of everyone. Overall, service was okay. Food was just okay as well. I felt that the cut of my steak was really not worth the money that was paid for it. I had the blue cheese/ panko encrusted ribeye and found it to be over-grizzly for what should be . My wife had the salmon which was cooked to her liking, but lacked seasoning and flavor. We just were not impressed and will not return.
- BearsmomVIPDined on 8/15/2014Not sure why the stellar reviews. It was pretty good. Everything was ok but it wasn't special. The menu items sounded more interesting than they actually tasted. Fine but not memorable
- Was hoping for betterLikeGoodFoodDined on 8/14/2014This was my first time eating at Jeffrey Adams on Fourth. I read previous reviews that ranged from excellent to not so good. I decided to see for myself. I ordered the Bleu Ribeye. my guest chose Seafood Risotto. We started with a Caesar salad. It was average. Both meals arrived in a timely fashion and the portions were generous. Favorable comments were made about the risotto. I did not try it. I hope it was good and my guest was not just being polite. The ribeye was a big disappointment. It was cooked to the requested temperature. It was dry and a bit gristly. It looked more like a NY strip cut than a ribeye. I did not eat all of it and would not order this again if I choose to return. The service was polite and acceptable.Special Features:
- great lunchSteakAficionadoDined on 7/26/2014We were in winston-Salem for the day and speed by this place by chance. The food was amazing, the best we had had in our entire trip in North Carolina! Overall, very pleased and we would return if we're ever back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and moreKboyDined on 7/18/2014First time here. We had heard the steaks were great and we were not disappointed. Definitely one of the best we've had. Also ordered the Grouper and it was excellent. Food was displayed nicely and the service was good. Seating is a little tight. We will come back, and ask for a table by the window so we can enjoy the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPumpkin8Dined on 6/27/2014I have been there several times now & love their food. So far, nothing has been disappointing.Special Features:
- Late LunchGGfriends1Dined on 6/26/2014Jeffrey Adams was a great location for a late lunch with friends. The cocktails were creative and yummy. I especially liked the strawberry basil martini with balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Lots of flavor. Plus, the food was delightfully delicious. You could say we loved it since all four of us cleaned our plates. This will definitely be a "return to" location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectjune25Dined on 6/25/2014Went for our anniversary dinner, could not have asked for a better experience. Staff was friendly & took good care of us. Love the upstairs section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the Jeffrey Adams on Fourth reviews archive.
- JA on 4thRGPIIIDined on 6/20/2014Great new spot we found. Food was great and for the steaks and seafood we ordered we felt the prices were very, very reasonable...portions big, so no way you leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it but expensivedineosaurDined on 6/14/2014The five of us really enjoyed it. We called and asked to move our time at the last minute and they were able to accommodate us. Nice ambience and nice view. Try to get the upstairs corner window if you have 4 or more. Two of us ordered The Fountain of Youth drink and didn't like it. It reminded us of melted Popsicles. The food and service were both good to very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude waitressSophiesmomDined on 6/13/2014I've been to Jeffrey Adams many times and have always had great service, but this time our waitress was terrible. She clearly was unhappy about being a work. We had to ask for everything, pre-dinner drink, an appetizer, etc. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was having a bad evening, but it really does reflect poorly on a restaurant when their servers are horrible.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014very disapointed after the reviews i read. planned dinner here for an anniversary - steaks were average at best, outside dining service was very slow although waiter personable and apologetic
- Will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014We were hoping to like this restaurant, menu on line looked good and had a recommendation from a friend to try it, unfortunately our experience was not good. Very nice waitress who appeared to be very new and definitely not trained well, very young hostess staff talking and giggling together which didn't provide for a nice atmosphere. The appetizers were good but entrees and dessert were terrible-four small tough scallops for the scallop entree, sweet potatoes that came with the port tasted watered down and the brownie dessert had a fast of freezer burn.
- great findJAofthedesertDined on 5/29/2014I had been searching for a restaurant in Winston-Salem & found Jeffrey Adams on Fourth to be just the place. The food was very good, my husband had a steak that was prepared just the way he wanted it. I had a special salad with scallops. It was fresh & tasty, the salad dressing was delicious. Our server was very personable and efficient. We'll be back.Special Features:
- overall good experiencesunseekerDined on 5/24/2014Very good service - we changed our reservation the afternoon of dining and they worked to accommodate our extra diners. Food was very good. The only negative thing I would say about the food, boneless ribs and the surf & turf was overpriced for the amount of food on the plate. 2 small ribs (I would compare the size to large pieces of beef stew) surf & turf was 4 oz filet ( as shown) 2 scallops and 2 small crab claws for $27.00 Other than the portions, both were very good. All other plates ( 7 more) had ample portions. Would definitely dine againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GradgroupDined on 5/24/2014This was our first time eating. We chose it because we could park, eat, and then go to The Stevens Center right beside the restaurant. Loved the ambiance and food. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJB24Dined on 5/23/2014We had the seafood risotto and a steak. The food was excellent, but the service was mediocre. It took a long time for the waitress to come to our table and take the drink order and the same for the food order.Special Features:
- Great food/slow serviceBlindhrtdDined on 5/21/2014We went to Jeffery Adams for lunch before a meeting. We arrived around 11:30. Our food was a little slow coming out, but not bad. We had trouble getting our check. The waitress was having trouble applying a discount, and was trying to get two tables checks done at once. Others that came in right after us had to wait much longer for their food -they were just being served as we were getting our checks.Special Features:
- Great Service, Great Rib-eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/19/2014Really good steak. Prices are reasonable. Form Chicago I expect to pay >$30 for this quality of rib-eye. It was $24. Great downtown location close to good but limited options.Special Features:
- Jeffrey Adams is specialMcAnnieDined on 5/13/2014We went there to celebrate a birthday and were treated quite well. This place is top notch, and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionLovestobakeDined on 5/11/2014Visited the restaurant for Mother's Day. The food was very good. All steaks were cooked perfectly. We sat upstairs where the windows were open. We were able to enjoy the views plus the live music from the Second Sunday block party. Overall a great experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food1sillygirlDined on 5/11/2014Food was awesome but took to long. There was a large group before us but 45 minutes for a food wait is to long for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Had been wanting to try Jeffrey Adams and had the chance to on Mother's Day. They clearly were not prepared for the occasion. I had requested a table on my reservation request and was taken straight to a booth (no other tables available), which are uncomfortable for me. Waitress did not know menu and had to come back several times to clarify orders. Food took over 40 minutes to come from the kitchen. It was tasty enough, but presentation was terrible--orders looked like they had been thrown on the plate. I had high hopes for this restaurant, but as there are so many with better service in the city, I will not return.
- Eggs were cold1234Dined on 5/11/2014Eggs Benedict came out ice cold; sent back to kitchen and they brought us round 2, which was again, ice cold. Hash meal came out with no meat, they brought out the meat later on and removed that meal from the tab. Kitchen must have been overwhelmed with the brunch crowd.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Friendly, delicious food, great service and lively setting. Thanks.Special Features:
- Amazing Service and Good Food TooquietdinerDined on 5/9/2014We thought the food was excellent but particularly want to comment on the service we received. One of our party began exhibiting autistic behaviors which could have escalated to become even more unpleasant for everyone. Our waiter and the manager on duty were amazing in their response to the situation, helping to smooth the rough spots and deal with a difficult customer with grace and compassion. And our food was excellent also. We will return to this restaurant without hesitation.I would recommend this to a friend.