Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jeffruby.com/
- Phone: 5137841200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Rose
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Jeff Ruby's cater your next event! For more information, contact Sales Manager, Kathy Davis at 513-723-4454 ext. 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Jeff Ruby's offers Live Entertainment Tuesday - Saturday. Jazz, Rhythm & Blues and contemporary favorites are performed by Cincinnati's finest musicians. Perfect after an evening at the Aronoff Center; let the others fight the traffic rush home! At Jeff Ruby's, there is Never a Cover!
A word from Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Jeff Ruby's is a 1940's art deco style steakhouse featuring dry aged on premise steaks and Fresh Seafood...not to mention our extensive selection of signature salads, Steakhouse potatoes, vegetables and desserts. Those who prefer an early dinner may make reservations for as early as 5:00pm Monday through Saturday. Jeff Ruby's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's entertainment district and is within walking distance of downtown hotels and the convention center. When you demand the very best in dining experiences, choose Jeff Ruby's. Discover the distinction for yourself!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (204)romantic (139)notable wine list (120)fit for foodies (73)hot spot (62)vibrant bar scene (51)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (36)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Another great year!HappyDinerDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Jeff Ruby's every year to celebrate our anniversary, 13 years! Every time we feel like their only guests! Our server, Chris, selected a fantastic wine and took great care of us!Special Features:
- Best of the best!tuffymDined on 8/28/2014Steaks and lobster and side dishes to die for. Wait staff helped make it a perfect nite. ? Only complaint was I had called and was told their dress code prohibited the wearing of shorts. When we arrived there must have been a dozen men wearing shots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKrisash130Dined on 8/28/2014Our waiter was Jason. He was very knowledgable about the menu, and explained everything before we asked any questions. He had a very pleasant personality and character. We will definitely go back, and will ask for him as our waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Our experience at Jeff Ruby's was fantastic. The food was second to none in every respect. My wife ordered their wagyu beef, which I also sampled, and it was truly amazing -- unlike any other steak we have ever tasted. It was so tender, she could cut it with a fork, and it almost literally melts in your mouth. I had their filet, named Jeff Ruby's Gem, and sized at a full 16 ounces. It was also outstanding. The service was fantastic. Everyone was extremely friendly and attentive. If there were any complaints, it would be that having live musicians playing is not necessarily to our taste and did make the restaurant rather loud. But that is far outweighed by every other positive aspect, and we would jump at the chance to dine there again!Special Features:
- ExceptionalhungryVIPDined on 8/23/2014Pedrio, our server, made our anniversary dinner spectacular. Steaks, sides awesome...you won't find a better steak.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationAMP2Dined on 8/22/2014No regrets. No cons. Only pros. Simply, Wonderful!Special Features:
- First Class DiningKevinDined on 8/21/2014Being from Chicago, we judge steakhouse restaurants against the best in the country. Jeff Ruby's is right up there with the likes of Gibson's and The Chop House. Service was first rate, food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively but not loud. Top Notch!Special Features:
- OutstandingLMcgVIPDined on 8/21/2014Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse provides a top notch eating experience with incredible food and impeccable service. Eating at Jeff Ruby's, offers you numerous great options. No matter what you are looking for, the food is incredibly fresh and perfectly cooked. I've had most of their menu items and you just can't go wrong. Highly recommend the raw bar or crab cake for apps. Freddie salad. Ribeye Steak is a can't miss, but every steak is excellent for whatever your thing is! They also have excellent fish, that is many times overlooked because of the great steaks. Try to leave room for desert, either donuts or carrot cake. Service at Jeff Ruby's is unbelievable. You leave a packed restaurant feeling like you were the only customer there.Special Features:
- amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My husband took me here for our 21st wedding anniversary. From the moment we walked in it was such a beautiful experience. The food was phenomenal! Can't wait to do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48th wedding anniversarydna6Dined on 8/20/2014Wonderful food, service, ambience, an overall great dining experience! By far, the best steaks we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wayne's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I had my godson in town from Atlanta for his birthday and decided to celebrate at Jeff Ruby's, it was a good choice. Everyone's meal was served to perfection and we were allowed to savor our meal and conversation. I recommend Jeff Ruby's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby's Steakhousefoodie1Dined on 8/19/2014Portions were large &, this being the first visit, it would have been nice for the waiter to mention that. Food = excellent! Service = very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!KywildcatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014We come here each year for my husband's birthday, as it is his favorite restaurant. It was especially good on this visit. We splurged on the raw bar for an appetizer, it is pricey but really good. We split a salad, ordered two sides, and both had filets. The leftovers make a great dinner the next night as well. The service was terrific. The restaurant wasn't crazy busy (we eat early) so the noise level was pleasant. The meal was well-paced and we were able to have a really relaxing evening.Special Features:
- very good, but ....iluvsteakDined on 8/16/2014This was only my 2nd visit to a Ruby restaurant. My first was last Nov to the restaurant in Vevay, IN On this visit to the Downtown Cincy Steakhouse, everything was very good and the service was top notch HOWEVER both my wife and I thought that the food quality was better at the Vevay, IN restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love good steakLuvrubysDined on 8/16/2014We have been a few times for special occasions and always look forward to returning. Never disappointed! Love the filet with the red wine truffle sauce and potatoes Anna! Highly recommend for a date night or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegoodfoodDined on 8/16/2014We were very pleased with EVERYTHING! From the time we arrived until we left we felt very special and that we mattered. Our waiter Mike was very pleasant and efficient and his helper was very professional and also efficient. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience and night!Special Features:
- Great Food - Service so-soPoteezyDined on 8/15/2014The Friday night atmosphere was nice and vibrant with a cover band playing current upbeat selections. We were greeted at our table immediately for beverage orders, then left to look over the menus. Our waiter stopped by right after to take our order, but we requested a few more minutes to make our final selections. At that point it seemed that he forgot about us. He was out of sight for atleast 10 minutes, when he re-surfaced he walked on by to another area, then to the back once more. This time returning with food for another table; we were able to catch his attention afterward to place our order. He had a very nonchalant attitude, but the pleasant check ups from upper management helped with our experience; along with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoodieGirlDined on 8/14/2014What can I say about Jeff Ruby's that hasn't been said already? Fantastic food, service, and overall atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014My visit was my first time at Jeff Ruby's. It was Restaurant Week so we had a prefix menu that had some good choices. I got the Freddie Salad, The Filet, and the Flour-less Chocolate Cake. The salad was really good. The bacon really makes it. My filet was very good, but it was over cooked. My medium-rare was more like a medium-plus. I put the blame on it being Restaurant Week. Also the reason I didn't send it back. $35 for 3 courses including a filet is a good deal anyway. I still enjoyed it, but I know it would've been better if it was cooked correctly. The dessert was yummy. It was a nice balance of rich chocolate with raspberries and whipped cream. I'll go again sometime I'm sure and hopefully I'll get a correctly cooked steak.Special Features:
- Clearly the BEST Restaurant EVER!dineraterDined on 8/13/2014Jeff Ruby is "King"! His restaurant has it ALL…THE BEST FOOD….STEAK is OUTSTANDING; Freddie salad: DELICIOUS; Mushroom butter: WONDERFUL; and FANTASTIC Cheesecake! What should be hot….is hot; What should be crisp & cold, is just that! Add to that the IMPECCABLE SERVICE, the BEAUTIFUL DECOR, the AMBIANCE of the restaurant = "CLASS" ALL THE WAY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We went during restaurant week for our anniversary. The waiter seemed distracted by other tables and we didn't feel like we were getting a fair level of service, he did not even acknowledge we were there for a special occasion. While the wine list is extensive it's also highly overpriced, sometimes three times the mark-up of the bottle in the store. For a high priced steak house I was expecting a higher quality in the food - everything was extremely salted and the medium steaks we ordered were charred black on the top leaving the meat with a bitter taste. We won't be back.
- Really terrific!disappointedVIPDined on 8/12/2014An unexpected gem. The decor is devine, spectular, Art Deco. The chandeliers are outstaning. Super tender and tasty steaks. Better than any steakhouse in NewYrok City! And Tony was fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnDined on 8/12/2014We went during "Restaurant Week" and two of us ordered the "special" $35 dinner. The portions were a joke, it was more like "Taste of Cincinnati" booth. The "meal" comprised a small salad, a very small piece of steak and a dessert. I realized that once the meals came, there were no potatoes or other sides. We were celebrating my son's birthday and the hostess who called to confirm the reservations said she would make a note of it. Well, no one said anything about his birthday and the waiter was not attentive. We had to call several times for refills on iced tea and other things. I really expected better from Jeff Ruby's.Special Features:
- OutstandingMorethansatisfied10Dined on 8/12/2014The service was perfect! The food was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 8/12/2014Best steak I have ever tasted; flavorful, tender, moist, melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A high price for an average mealDojiboDined on 8/12/2014We were really looking forward to this, since Jeff Ruby's is normally out of our price range. Decor and presentation is great, but the food was only average, and the entrees were only the basics. My friend ordered the filet, and the waiter immediately told her that it's just the meat on the plate and she "might" want to order a side. Her green beans were $9! He casually asked if she'd like onions or mushrooms on the steak, as if those were the 2 options that came with it -- ends up $4 more for a couple spoonfuls of onions. I had the chicken, which the menu said was served with grilled vegetables, but it was mushy vegetables in a white sauce. One more side and one iced tea = $96 for dinner for 2? Not worth it.Special Features:
- FantasticElisecody1Dined on 8/12/2014Pricey but so worth it. Fantastic professional service. My friend and I both had the cowboy ribeye and were both pleased as lunch. Our server kindly told us we could order a half salad which was great since we are women and the steaks were huge! The sides and potatoes-big enough to share and we shared a baked potato. We left full, but not stuffed. The ambiance is kind of an Art Deco steakhouse and it's lovely. I can't recommend enough...just be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LyndaDined on 8/12/2014We dined at Jeff Ruby's to celebrate our son's wedding day. The service was outstanding, every waiter, hostess was very professional, and shows they were trained well. Our waiter was Sean, he was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I had a specialty cocktail, Summer Thyme , that tasted very fresh, and was very enjoyable. All of the steaks were high quality and cooked to perfection, very flavorful, the sides were generally excellent, we had asparagus, creamed corn, served family style. We also had the mushrooms, but were not impressed with those. At the end the waiter presented my son and his new wife with a complimentary cheesecake with ad candle, nice touch. I highly recommend this only for special occasions, as it was very pricey.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekRosemaryDined on 8/11/2014Delicious and worthwhile fare for restaurant week. Always a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014It had been 3-4 years since my wife and I had dined at Jeff Ruby's downtown. Because of Downtown Restaurant Week, we decided to go to JR. We had a great steak, great service, and the staff were fantastic! We had to exit through a "thank you" gauntlet, where it seemed everyone that worked there and noticed our leaving went out of their way to thank us for coming in. We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing steaksSusierailroadDined on 8/11/2014We've gone to a Jeff Ruby restaurant to celebrate our anniversary the last 5 years. The steaks are always wonderful served as ordered and requiring nothing more than S&P. The potatoes Anna were brown on top and very tender and the Freddie salad is quite good. The sliver of flour less chocolate cake was good (of course I ate it--it's chocolate!) but definitely not memorable, but the cheesecake was excellent (although I would have loved a little more Carmel sauce). Cosmo was adequate, but the mango martini was quite good. Although we had noted on the reservation that it was our anniversary, aside from a "HA" from the guy who seated, there was no other acknowledgement of a very special occasion. Perhaps, next year, it is time for a change.Special Features:
- Always a great mealTheRockDined on 8/9/2014I have never been disappointed with Jeff Ruby's. Sure it's expensive, but the dry aged steak is superb, as are the sides. The night my wife and I celebrated our anniversary, there was a jazz quartet/quintet playing out front -- and it was loud. But they sat us in the Sinatra Room, and although it doesn't have all the wood and glitz and chandeliers like the main room, it was perfect for our celebration.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening.DJ32Dined on 8/9/2014On the expensive side, but great food and service. The live band made the evening very entertaining. Good place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word....AMAZINGCastleDined on 8/9/2014The moment we walked in we were blown away! From the piano playing to the design and decorating. The service was top notch, we felt like VIP the moment we sat down. The dry aged steak was unlike anything we have shared before... melt in your mouth delicious! The truffle butter and salad we shared were also delicious! We can't wait to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a wonderful mealDanDDined on 8/9/2014Our first visit to Jeff Ruby's and it won't be the last. My wife and I were in town for the weekend and decided to try Jeff Ruby's. The food was simply stellar. We had absolutely no complaints about any of our choices food choices. Everything was seasoned perfectly and had great flavor. While the food was exceptional, the service was "merely" very good. We didn't have any problems, but the staff, and our waiter in particular, only performed the minimum necessary. We've become used to the service at high-end places being noticeably exceptional and this was just adequate/very good. Overall, we had an excellent experience and look forward to our next visit.
- Great all around!canadiangirl32Dined on 8/8/2014When we arrived in Cincinnati we asked 3 different people where to go for a steak dinner and all 3 said Rubys without hesitation. The interior looks like an old school steak house with sparkle. The service from the bartenders and our server Eric was amazing. The Blue Crab bisque was very tasty and the tartare and Freddie salad were pretty standard. I would try a different appetizer next time. We shared the 22oz Cowboy steak. They cut it in half and even offered to cook both pieces differently if we preferred. The steak was delicious! The Potatoes Anna are a must try but be warned they are huge! The beans were the best beans I have ever tried. Next time we're in town we will definitely be back and would try one of Jeff's other restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Service was excellent. Jordan (waiter) was wonderful. Food was good and we enjoyed celebrating our birthday and anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby's never disappointsErinDined on 8/7/2014My husband & I dine at a Jeff Ruby restaurant about once a year for a special occasion. It is hands down, the BEST STEAK & BEST FOOD in town. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As always, the food & service at Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse are phenomenal. Can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointscrashdavis36Dined on 8/6/2014I love traveling to Cincinnati for work and doing dinner's at Jeff Ruby's downtown. They food, service and atmosphere never let me down. Mike, the server, was on point all night long and the food was outstanding. My bone in filet was cooked to rare perfection. I'm looking forward to my next dinner there next week as well as my next group function in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014I've eaten at amazing steak houses around the world and dined at another Jeff Ruby's restaurant, The Precint, many times without a single complaint, but Monday night's dinner at Jeff Ruby's was a total disappointment. My medium rare ribeye came out completely well done. I've never sent food back in my life but if I'm paying $58 for a steak it better be perfect. When they gave me a second steak they seemed to want to make me feel guilty by saying the lighting at my table made it look well done. ??? Um, really, I tasted it and I am well aware how poorly it was cooked. Maybe expecting an apparently great restaurant to perform well on a Monday evening was asking to much.Special Features: