Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jeffruby.com/
- Phone: 5137841200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dave Taylor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Jeff Ruby's cater your next event! For more information, contact Sales Manager, Kathy Davis at 513-723-4454 ext. 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Jeff Ruby's offers Live Entertainment Tuesday - Saturday. Jazz, Rhythm & Blues and contemporary favorites are performed by Cincinnati's finest musicians. Perfect after an evening at the Aronoff Center; let the others fight the traffic rush home! At Jeff Ruby's, there is Never a Cover!
A word from Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Jeff Ruby's is a 1940's art deco style steakhouse featuring dry aged on premise steaks and Fresh Seafood...not to mention our extensive selection of signature salads, Steakhouse potatoes, vegetables and desserts. Those who prefer an early dinner may make reservations for as early as 5:00pm Monday through Saturday. Jeff Ruby's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's entertainment district and is within walking distance of downtown hotels and the convention center. When you demand the very best in dining experiences, choose Jeff Ruby's. Discover the distinction for yourself!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (205)romantic (135)notable wine list (118)fit for foodies (81)hot spot (68)good for groups (51)vibrant bar scene (50)neighborhood gem (39)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Jeff Ruby-OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014My son & I enjoyed our dinner at Jeff Ruby's. It was a special occasion for us; our annual NFL game weekend away. We have eaten at many "high end" steakhouses over the years and our expectations for Ruby's was very high. And our expectations were all exceeded. Our steaks (New York Strip & Bone-in Ribeye) were prepared to our exact desire and the sides (Mac&Cheese and String Beans) were great too; plenty large enough to share. Our waiter, Jason, was very attentive and properly guided us in our selections, without being intrusive. While our food exceeded our expectations, the cocktails that we enjoyed were somewhat less satisfying. I would highly recommend Jeff Ruby's and, when we pass thru Cincinnati again, it will be a "must stop".Special Features:
- Excellent as always.SkilletVIPDined on 9/13/2014Perfectly cooked steaks, delicious mac & cheese, excellent salads, bread, and wine. Ruby's is our all-time favorite steakhouse to dine at.Special Features:
- disappointedprice207Dined on 9/6/2014Our entrees arrived a full hour after we were seated. My $60 steak was overdone but I didn't want to endure the wait of having to send it back and get another one. The ambiance was great but I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerLMcgVIPDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have visited Jeff Ruby's numerous times. This visit, we had a large party for a birthday celebration. Ruby's absolutely delivered a home-run. The food quality and service was as good as always (top-notch) even with the challenges of a larger party. The server, Chris, went out of his way to take care of the 'guest-of-honor' - as did managers Neal and Christophe. The food speaks for itself, 5-stars for every course. As great as Jeff Ruby's is for a private occasion just with your spouse, it is as equal great for a large group looking to celebrate.Special Features:
- Perfect everytimemsawyer14Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I love RUBY'S. Always delicious and the service is always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One great meal in CincinnatiBostonDinerDined on 9/4/2014I asked my colleagues where I should go for one amazing meal in Cincinnati. I went to Jeff Ruby's and was NOT disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Great food and impeccable service. Truly an enjoyable and pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- First Time VisitorHappyVIPDined on 9/3/2014We selected this restaurant since it is right across the street from the Aronoff and we had tickets to a show the same night. We arrived early so it took awhile for the hostess to check us in. We were not happy at first with our table but the staff quickly and graciously made arrangements to change us to a wonderful setting. We were greeted by our server Keegan who immediately made sure he collected our cocktail order and promptly deliver them back to our table. Keegan created a delightful evening for us with the help of his assistant Kevin. Keegan steered us towards a fabulous steak, salad, potato and vegetable choices. We then described the type of wine we enjoy and the price point. Keegan could not have made a more perfect choice!Special Features:
- CINCINNATI JEWELCincinnatiKidDined on 9/2/2014If you are seeking marvelous food and service.....uhhhhh.....this would be your place. From valet to dessert....always a well-orchestrated dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious food & hip atmosphere!FreyfamDined on 8/29/2014As always, the fillet of beef melted in our mouths. Our waiter was perfectly attentive. Our reservation was at 8:00 and "Gee Your Band Smells Terrific" started playing at 9:00. After eating, we cozied up to the bar, drank more wine, and enjoyed the 70's tunes until midnight. A perfect night! Jeff Ruby's is an established, Cincinnati gem that never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great year!HappyDinerDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Jeff Ruby's every year to celebrate our anniversary, 13 years! Every time we feel like their only guests! Our server, Chris, selected a fantastic wine and took great care of us!Special Features:
- Best of the best!tuffymDined on 8/28/2014Steaks and lobster and side dishes to die for. Wait staff helped make it a perfect nite. ? Only complaint was I had called and was told their dress code prohibited the wearing of shorts. When we arrived there must have been a dozen men wearing shots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKrisash130Dined on 8/28/2014Our waiter was Jason. He was very knowledgable about the menu, and explained everything before we asked any questions. He had a very pleasant personality and character. We will definitely go back, and will ask for him as our waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic Experience!ShumpDined on 8/27/2014Our experience at Jeff Ruby's was fantastic. The food was second to none in every respect. My wife ordered their wagyu beef, which I also sampled, and it was truly amazing -- unlike any other steak we have ever tasted. It was so tender, she could cut it with a fork, and it almost literally melts in your mouth. I had their filet, named Jeff Ruby's Gem, and sized at a full 16 ounces. It was also outstanding. The service was fantastic. Everyone was extremely friendly and attentive. If there were any complaints, it would be that having live musicians playing is not necessarily to our taste and did make the restaurant rather loud. But that is far outweighed by every other positive aspect, and we would jump at the chance to dine there again!Special Features:
- ExceptionalhungryVIPDined on 8/23/2014Pedrio, our server, made our anniversary dinner spectacular. Steaks, sides awesome...you won't find a better steak.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationAMP2Dined on 8/22/2014No regrets. No cons. Only pros. Simply, Wonderful!Special Features:
- First Class DiningKevinDined on 8/21/2014Being from Chicago, we judge steakhouse restaurants against the best in the country. Jeff Ruby's is right up there with the likes of Gibson's and The Chop House. Service was first rate, food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively but not loud. Top Notch!Special Features:
- OutstandingLMcgVIPDined on 8/21/2014Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse provides a top notch eating experience with incredible food and impeccable service. Eating at Jeff Ruby's, offers you numerous great options. No matter what you are looking for, the food is incredibly fresh and perfectly cooked. I've had most of their menu items and you just can't go wrong. Highly recommend the raw bar or crab cake for apps. Freddie salad. Ribeye Steak is a can't miss, but every steak is excellent for whatever your thing is! They also have excellent fish, that is many times overlooked because of the great steaks. Try to leave room for desert, either donuts or carrot cake. Service at Jeff Ruby's is unbelievable. You leave a packed restaurant feeling like you were the only customer there.Special Features:
- amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My husband took me here for our 21st wedding anniversary. From the moment we walked in it was such a beautiful experience. The food was phenomenal! Can't wait to do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48th wedding anniversarydna6Dined on 8/20/2014Wonderful food, service, ambience, an overall great dining experience! By far, the best steaks we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wayne's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I had my godson in town from Atlanta for his birthday and decided to celebrate at Jeff Ruby's, it was a good choice. Everyone's meal was served to perfection and we were allowed to savor our meal and conversation. I recommend Jeff Ruby's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby's Steakhousefoodie1Dined on 8/19/2014Portions were large &, this being the first visit, it would have been nice for the waiter to mention that. Food = excellent! Service = very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!KywildcatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014We come here each year for my husband's birthday, as it is his favorite restaurant. It was especially good on this visit. We splurged on the raw bar for an appetizer, it is pricey but really good. We split a salad, ordered two sides, and both had filets. The leftovers make a great dinner the next night as well. The service was terrific. The restaurant wasn't crazy busy (we eat early) so the noise level was pleasant. The meal was well-paced and we were able to have a really relaxing evening.Special Features:
- very good, but ....iluvsteakDined on 8/16/2014This was only my 2nd visit to a Ruby restaurant. My first was last Nov to the restaurant in Vevay, IN On this visit to the Downtown Cincy Steakhouse, everything was very good and the service was top notch HOWEVER both my wife and I thought that the food quality was better at the Vevay, IN restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love good steakLuvrubysDined on 8/16/2014We have been a few times for special occasions and always look forward to returning. Never disappointed! Love the filet with the red wine truffle sauce and potatoes Anna! Highly recommend for a date night or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegoodfoodDined on 8/16/2014We were very pleased with EVERYTHING! From the time we arrived until we left we felt very special and that we mattered. Our waiter Mike was very pleasant and efficient and his helper was very professional and also efficient. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience and night!Special Features:
- Great Food - Service so-soPoteezyDined on 8/15/2014The Friday night atmosphere was nice and vibrant with a cover band playing current upbeat selections. We were greeted at our table immediately for beverage orders, then left to look over the menus. Our waiter stopped by right after to take our order, but we requested a few more minutes to make our final selections. At that point it seemed that he forgot about us. He was out of sight for atleast 10 minutes, when he re-surfaced he walked on by to another area, then to the back once more. This time returning with food for another table; we were able to catch his attention afterward to place our order. He had a very nonchalant attitude, but the pleasant check ups from upper management helped with our experience; along with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoodieGirlDined on 8/14/2014What can I say about Jeff Ruby's that hasn't been said already? Fantastic food, service, and overall atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014My visit was my first time at Jeff Ruby's. It was Restaurant Week so we had a prefix menu that had some good choices. I got the Freddie Salad, The Filet, and the Flour-less Chocolate Cake. The salad was really good. The bacon really makes it. My filet was very good, but it was over cooked. My medium-rare was more like a medium-plus. I put the blame on it being Restaurant Week. Also the reason I didn't send it back. $35 for 3 courses including a filet is a good deal anyway. I still enjoyed it, but I know it would've been better if it was cooked correctly. The dessert was yummy. It was a nice balance of rich chocolate with raspberries and whipped cream. I'll go again sometime I'm sure and hopefully I'll get a correctly cooked steak.Special Features:
- Clearly the BEST Restaurant EVER!dineraterDined on 8/13/2014Jeff Ruby is "King"! His restaurant has it ALL…THE BEST FOOD….STEAK is OUTSTANDING; Freddie salad: DELICIOUS; Mushroom butter: WONDERFUL; and FANTASTIC Cheesecake! What should be hot….is hot; What should be crisp & cold, is just that! Add to that the IMPECCABLE SERVICE, the BEAUTIFUL DECOR, the AMBIANCE of the restaurant = "CLASS" ALL THE WAY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We went during restaurant week for our anniversary. The waiter seemed distracted by other tables and we didn't feel like we were getting a fair level of service, he did not even acknowledge we were there for a special occasion. While the wine list is extensive it's also highly overpriced, sometimes three times the mark-up of the bottle in the store. For a high priced steak house I was expecting a higher quality in the food - everything was extremely salted and the medium steaks we ordered were charred black on the top leaving the meat with a bitter taste. We won't be back.
- Really terrific!disappointedVIPDined on 8/12/2014An unexpected gem. The decor is devine, spectular, Art Deco. The chandeliers are outstaning. Super tender and tasty steaks. Better than any steakhouse in NewYrok City! And Tony was fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnDined on 8/12/2014We went during "Restaurant Week" and two of us ordered the "special" $35 dinner. The portions were a joke, it was more like "Taste of Cincinnati" booth. The "meal" comprised a small salad, a very small piece of steak and a dessert. I realized that once the meals came, there were no potatoes or other sides. We were celebrating my son's birthday and the hostess who called to confirm the reservations said she would make a note of it. Well, no one said anything about his birthday and the waiter was not attentive. We had to call several times for refills on iced tea and other things. I really expected better from Jeff Ruby's.Special Features:
- OutstandingMorethansatisfied10Dined on 8/12/2014The service was perfect! The food was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 8/12/2014Best steak I have ever tasted; flavorful, tender, moist, melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A high price for an average mealDojiboDined on 8/12/2014We were really looking forward to this, since Jeff Ruby's is normally out of our price range. Decor and presentation is great, but the food was only average, and the entrees were only the basics. My friend ordered the filet, and the waiter immediately told her that it's just the meat on the plate and she "might" want to order a side. Her green beans were $9! He casually asked if she'd like onions or mushrooms on the steak, as if those were the 2 options that came with it -- ends up $4 more for a couple spoonfuls of onions. I had the chicken, which the menu said was served with grilled vegetables, but it was mushy vegetables in a white sauce. One more side and one iced tea = $96 for dinner for 2? Not worth it.Special Features:
- FantasticElisecody1Dined on 8/12/2014Pricey but so worth it. Fantastic professional service. My friend and I both had the cowboy ribeye and were both pleased as lunch. Our server kindly told us we could order a half salad which was great since we are women and the steaks were huge! The sides and potatoes-big enough to share and we shared a baked potato. We left full, but not stuffed. The ambiance is kind of an Art Deco steakhouse and it's lovely. I can't recommend enough...just be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LyndaDined on 8/12/2014We dined at Jeff Ruby's to celebrate our son's wedding day. The service was outstanding, every waiter, hostess was very professional, and shows they were trained well. Our waiter was Sean, he was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I had a specialty cocktail, Summer Thyme , that tasted very fresh, and was very enjoyable. All of the steaks were high quality and cooked to perfection, very flavorful, the sides were generally excellent, we had asparagus, creamed corn, served family style. We also had the mushrooms, but were not impressed with those. At the end the waiter presented my son and his new wife with a complimentary cheesecake with ad candle, nice touch. I highly recommend this only for special occasions, as it was very pricey.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekRosemaryDined on 8/11/2014Delicious and worthwhile fare for restaurant week. Always a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014It had been 3-4 years since my wife and I had dined at Jeff Ruby's downtown. Because of Downtown Restaurant Week, we decided to go to JR. We had a great steak, great service, and the staff were fantastic! We had to exit through a "thank you" gauntlet, where it seemed everyone that worked there and noticed our leaving went out of their way to thank us for coming in. We will be back!Special Features: