Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jeffruby.com/
- Phone: (513) 784-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dave Taylor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Jeff Ruby's cater your next event! For more information, contact Sales Manager, Kathy Davis at 513-723-4454 ext. 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Jeff Ruby's offers Live Entertainment Tuesday - Saturday. Jazz, Rhythm & Blues and contemporary favorites are performed by Cincinnati's finest musicians. Perfect after an evening at the Aronoff Center; let the others fight the traffic rush home! At Jeff Ruby's, there is Never a Cover!
A word from Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Jeff Ruby's is a 1940's art deco style steakhouse featuring dry aged on premise steaks and Fresh Seafood...not to mention our extensive selection of signature salads, Steakhouse potatoes, vegetables and desserts. Those who prefer an early dinner may make reservations for as early as 5:00pm Monday through Saturday. Jeff Ruby's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's entertainment district and is within walking distance of downtown hotels and the convention center. When you demand the very best in dining experiences, choose Jeff Ruby's. Discover the distinction for yourself!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (224)romantic (150)notable wine list (129)fit for foodies (97)hot spot (84)vibrant bar scene (63)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (42)late-night find (16)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014The first thing you notice is how noisy this place is, at first is not that important, but once you're sitting at your table is kind of annoying. The ambiance is nice in a kitschy-trying-to-be-upscale way, with plastic rhinestone table lamps and the tables and pictures of old hollywood stars hanging of the walls. Expect and older crowd wearing jeans and some even sneakers. They bring you the wine menu (in which the south american wine selection is very poor) and they expect you to choose your wine without even knowing what are you going to order and when you finally order one, they don't even show you the bottle. The service was not that bad, but what really bothered us was that the waiter remarking over and over again the price of my husband's entree (he ordered the Wagyu tenderloin) as if we needed to reconsider because of the price! We almost walk away but we were hungry and decided to stay. I had the filet mignon and it was really salty at some spots, but at this point I was too hungry to send it back. The Potatoes Anna were nothing to brag about, they're under seasoned and plain unoriginals. The dessert wine list was also very short, but it has a good selection. The desserts are so so, nothing mouthwatering. In general not a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Staff, serviceWhodeyDined on 11/21/2014While Neal & the guys are always great, they went out of their way to turn a last minute trip to Ruby's into a memorable experience. If there is ever anything you can think of to enhance your dining experience, don't be afraid to ask them. I was disappointed to see both the Veal Chop and creamed corn taken off the menu when I arrived, yet Neal made sure I didn't leave disappointed or hungry. I find the service downtown to be the best of all of Mr. Ruby's establishments and I believe the staff is as fine as you'll find in the tri-state. Thanks for a great dinner, you helped to make my wife very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous birthday celebrationButchDined on 11/20/2014Had a great birthday celebration with the surf and turf special. Attentive service. Well-paced meal. Nice ambiance. Our favorite Jeff Ruby experience so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!williamDined on 11/19/2014I am from Chicago and we know how to make a good steak but I would put Jeff Ruby at the top with our best and recommend to anyone. Tried to figure out a reason to go back to Cincinnati just to go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutly Amazing...10StarsDined on 11/18/2014All I can say about this place is it is a must to eat at because it is absolutely amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a GemMaryAnnVIPDined on 11/14/2014My experience at Jeff Ruby's far surpassed my previous one. The steak was cooked to perfection and the Potatoes Anna (their best side dish) were superb. The service was outstanding and we made it to the play at the Aronoff with time to spare. Jeff Ruby's has proven to me once again that they are truly the best steakhouse around!Special Features:
- ConsistencyManAboutTownVIPDined on 11/12/2014One word describes the Ruby experience. If anything Jeff has improved on his formula by adding even better steaks than his already best in Cincinnati menu. The service is always awesome too. The place to take soneone to impress knowing you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Not only was the food and wine selection incredible and perfectly prepared, what I really liked about our experience at Jeff Ruby's was the welcoming feeling I got from all of the staff that waited on us. This type of restaurant could be perceived as stuffy but that was not at all our experience there. It was thoroughly enjoyable from the time we walked in until we left because the food was incredible and the staff was spot on. Thanks very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Jeff Ruby's never disappoints. We go for the steak, but the scallops are divine as well.Special Features:
- IslandDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful dinner and our server was awesome! Just can't remember his name!😔Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Special at Ruby'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014The food is excellent, service just as great! Lively, vibrant, and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Went here for our anniversary. Had really good service. And the food was great!!! Loved the mac n cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite resturantSteakDined on 11/7/2014This is our absolute favorite resturant. We can't beat the steak anywhere else. Its wonderful. The service is amazing also. never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in town!cincyeatsDined on 11/5/2014Dined here for our anniversary and the service, ambiance and food were outstanding! Saw a couple celebrities and Jeff Ruby himself. Thanks for making our anniversary one to remember!Special Features:
- Delicious but ExpensiveDRDJDJVIPDined on 11/4/2014Had the Freddie salad, wonderful NY Strip steak, mash potatoes and asparagus, along with bottle of Grgich Hills cabernet sauvignon. Service was fantastic and the ambiance was great. The only downside was the cost, but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantasticCincyDined on 11/1/2014We r steak eaters and have eaten them in many fine dining restaurants the meal was fantastic everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBobbyVIPDined on 11/1/2014First time dining at Jeff Ruby's. I've been to the Precinct and Carlo & Johnny numerous times. I ordered the Collinsworth as I have many times before. It was the best by far. It could not have been better. Absolutely delicious. Our service was impeccable. Only complaint: we were seated in one of the back rooms with a table right in front of the door. That reduced the ambiance grade slightly. Highly, highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014My hubs and I stayed in the 21C hotel and walked over to your restaurant. It just was lovely. We had a reservation and were seated right away. The server was excellent and very knowledgable about the menu. We had the steak and grouper meals. MY grouper was fantastic, just perfectly cooked, and the sauce was amazing. We also had some salads, mac and cheese (to die for). Another thing we loved was the bread with the "mushroom truffle butter." Ummm....never had that before but I will be back just for that. It was so romantic, clean, and we felt like luxury at its finest! Thank you for making our night so wonderful!Special Features:
- What a great waiterCarMichaelDined on 10/29/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 37th anniversary. We know Jeff's place is noted for its good food and great steaks so we decided to celebrate at this great downtown venue. Our greatest find was the waiter who took care of us. Due to a very poor memory I cannot remember his name. Very friendly and informative of the menue items. Made us really feel at a place of genuine sincerity and concern for our having a great meal. He was not over attentive or aggressive, just very pleasant and had impeccable timing. I hope everyone who gets to Jeff's place has equal treatment. Of course the food was great, Jeff Ruby's is a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Great dinner. Food is always great and the service is a match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- - Great find!SarahDined on 10/24/2014Visiting from out of town. Great food! Fun atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and great food!!!Gr8timesDined on 10/24/2014Took my wife to Jeff Rubys for our 1 year anniversary. The service was top notch and the food was awesome. I got the bone in strip steak and I have to say it was one if the best steaks I have ever had. My wife loved her steak and sides also. They even gave us complementary dessert to help celebrate our anniversary. It was a great experience for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014Amazing food and service! Can't wait to go back. Thank you for a great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksRachDined on 10/21/2014I am more of a seafood person, but when I go to a steak house, I always go with their specialty. The steak was amazing and I couldn't stop eating all of the delicious sides.
- Man sized steaksPatiDined on 10/20/2014I took my sister for her birthday. Service was wonderful. The restaurant was warm and very inviting -loved the art deco style. We split the main course because the smallest steak on the menu was 12oz. We had the peppercorn sauce and it was very flavorful. Steak was cooked perfectly. We had potatoes anna for a side and it was more than enough for two people. The wine list was impressive. I would highly recommend Jeff Ruby's for a special occasion. It's a bit pricey for a weekly dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruby'sRN712Dined on 10/18/2014Food was amazing as always! Best steaks anywhere! Service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionJimJulesDined on 10/18/2014We had a terrific evening. Everything from the Ambiance to the Service was impeccable! I have never had such a wonderful evening EVER! I look forward to going again someday!Special Features:
- Great Evening1sttimedinerDined on 10/16/2014The service was very good and the food was Excellent . Everyone was very attentive to our needs. A complimentary dessert was provided to help celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have a new winner!CincyKenDined on 10/14/2014Dinner was terrific as always. I brought two guests from New York City who had never been to Jeff Ruby's.. They kept telling me that there is no steakhouse anywhere as good as their beloved "Peter Luger's" in New York city. Guess what?......... Half way thru dinner they admitted that they have a new favorite steakhouse ! They also loved our server "Pedro" from Portugal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioussteaksmythingVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to many top rated steak houses and this one is one of the very best! The steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were incredible! Service was top notch! Also we were celebrating my mother in laws birthday and the slice of carrot cake was sooo good and big enough for 5 people to share a bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby's is the bestpaulieiscoolDined on 10/10/2014Simply outstanding if your willing to pay the high price - but definitely a superior steak house with great live music in the bar area.Special Features:
- Great experienceBurtusnDined on 10/10/2014A high end steak house that lives up to its name and does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceSpecialNightOutDined on 10/10/2014We had wonderful Porterhouse and Salmon!! Thank you for a great Friday night out, helping to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruby's Steaks Never DisappointychocolateDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I had a delicious meal as we expect whenever we visit a Jeff Ruby restaurant. The salads were great, (Freddy salad and iceberg wedge), the mashed potatoes were warm and flavorful, and the steaks, (bone in rib-eye and Collinsworth), were fabulous, warm, and perfectly cooked. The bread was soft, warm, and delicious. The only disappointing part was that our server, who was very good for the most part, didn't check with us after our food arrived until we were almost finished eating. Fortunately, we didn't need him for anything. This will not keep me from returning, but I was very surprised based on previous experiences at any Jeff Ruby restaurant. Overall, the steakhouse didn't disappoint!Special Features:
- Lovely Experience!DateNight2Dined on 10/7/2014We went to Jeff Ruby's for our anniversary. What a great night it was. We treated with kindness even though we were late for our reservation due to an accident. We received excellent service. I never went without a fresh cup of water or room on the table. The food exceptional. To top our night off, we received a slice of caramel cheesecake on the house. It was phenomenal. I cannot wait to return for another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceSMCHDined on 10/7/2014Ambiance of the place is very nice. The food is very good. The service is very professional. The noise level is dependent on what time you are dining here. Overall it was an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Loves2dineDined on 10/4/2014Dinner was great as usual, however I think the pricing especially for bottles of wine is too high. We just returned from Napa Valley paying half the price in very upscale restaurants for many of the same wines that JR offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outEddieDDined on 10/4/2014We had a great experience with service and food. The large group we were seated next to was a bit on the loud side but we were still able to carry on conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedSeaBassChunDined on 10/4/2014First filet came out overdone, sent it back, came back out with new underdone filet. Server was awesome! Wine list = spectacular. A little miffed by a rather large and drunk table who were TOO loud but not the fault of the establishment. As with all of Ruby's restaurants, overpriced.Special Features:
- Great SpotDougDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service . The meal was outstanding and the waiter crew took great care of our table thru the entire visit. First class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.