Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jeffruby.com/
- Phone: 5137841200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dave Taylor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Jeff Ruby's cater your next event! For more information, contact Sales Manager, Kathy Davis at 513-723-4454 ext. 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Jeff Ruby's offers Live Entertainment Tuesday - Saturday. Jazz, Rhythm & Blues and contemporary favorites are performed by Cincinnati's finest musicians. Perfect after an evening at the Aronoff Center; let the others fight the traffic rush home! At Jeff Ruby's, there is Never a Cover!
A word from Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Jeff Ruby's is a 1940's art deco style steakhouse featuring dry aged on premise steaks and Fresh Seafood...not to mention our extensive selection of signature salads, Steakhouse potatoes, vegetables and desserts. Those who prefer an early dinner may make reservations for as early as 5:00pm Monday through Saturday. Jeff Ruby's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's entertainment district and is within walking distance of downtown hotels and the convention center. When you demand the very best in dining experiences, choose Jeff Ruby's. Discover the distinction for yourself!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (224)romantic (140)notable wine list (128)fit for foodies (84)hot spot (72)vibrant bar scene (57)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (10)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Ruby'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food was amazing as always! Best steaks anywhere! Service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a terrific evening. Everything from the Ambiance to the Service was impeccable! I have never had such a wonderful evening EVER! I look forward to going again someday!Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The service was very good and the food was Excellent . Everyone was very attentive to our needs. A complimentary dessert was provided to help celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have a new winner!CincyKenDined on 10/14/2014Dinner was terrific as always. I brought two guests from New York City who had never been to Jeff Ruby's.. They kept telling me that there is no steakhouse anywhere as good as their beloved "Peter Luger's" in New York city. Guess what?......... Half way thru dinner they admitted that they have a new favorite steakhouse ! They also loved our server "Pedro" from Portugal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioussteaksmythingDined on 10/11/2014I have been to many top rated steak houses and this one is one of the very best! The steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were incredible! Service was top notch! Also we were celebrating my mother in laws birthday and the slice of carrot cake was sooo good and big enough for 5 people to share a bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby's is the bestpaulieiscoolDined on 10/10/2014Simply outstanding if your willing to pay the high price - but definitely a superior steak house with great live music in the bar area.Special Features:
- Great experienceBurtusnDined on 10/10/2014A high end steak house that lives up to its name and does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceSpecialNightOutDined on 10/10/2014We had wonderful Porterhouse and Salmon!! Thank you for a great Friday night out, helping to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruby's Steaks Never DisappointychocolateDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I had a delicious meal as we expect whenever we visit a Jeff Ruby restaurant. The salads were great, (Freddy salad and iceberg wedge), the mashed potatoes were warm and flavorful, and the steaks, (bone in rib-eye and Collinsworth), were fabulous, warm, and perfectly cooked. The bread was soft, warm, and delicious. The only disappointing part was that our server, who was very good for the most part, didn't check with us after our food arrived until we were almost finished eating. Fortunately, we didn't need him for anything. This will not keep me from returning, but I was very surprised based on previous experiences at any Jeff Ruby restaurant. Overall, the steakhouse didn't disappoint!Special Features:
- Lovely Experience!DateNight2Dined on 10/7/2014We went to Jeff Ruby's for our anniversary. What a great night it was. We treated with kindness even though we were late for our reservation due to an accident. We received excellent service. I never went without a fresh cup of water or room on the table. The food exceptional. To top our night off, we received a slice of caramel cheesecake on the house. It was phenomenal. I cannot wait to return for another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceSMCHDined on 10/7/2014Ambiance of the place is very nice. The food is very good. The service is very professional. The noise level is dependent on what time you are dining here. Overall it was an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Great night outEddieDDined on 10/4/2014We had a great experience with service and food. The large group we were seated next to was a bit on the loud side but we were still able to carry on conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedSeaBassChunDined on 10/4/2014First filet came out overdone, sent it back, came back out with new underdone filet. Server was awesome! Wine list = spectacular. A little miffed by a rather large and drunk table who were TOO loud but not the fault of the establishment. As with all of Ruby's restaurants, overpriced.Special Features:
- Great SpotDougDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service . The meal was outstanding and the waiter crew took great care of our table thru the entire visit. First class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad servicejweil810Dined on 10/3/2014The food was good, but our service left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- SpicyredheadDined on 10/3/2014As usual - atmosphere delifully calming and relaxing - service was good as usual - they have a new entree to try that is out of this world - scallops - soooo GOOD!Special Features:
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014From beginning to end, a night at Jeff Ruby's is always fabulous and that staff is very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justjpDined on 9/29/2014Steaks cook just as ordered, raw bar was fresh and delicious. Kevin our waiter was great. We'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby's SteakhouseScoobyDooDined on 9/27/2014Late night Saturday reservation (9:30), very noisy due to large bar crowd and live music. I'd gave it an outstanding if the noise level had been lower. We've been to all the other Cincinnati area Jeff Ruby's restaurants,as always the steak was excellent (bone-in filet and the Steak Collinsworth). Started with the crab cocktail and blue crab bisque, one of the best I've tasted. Being a high end steak house everything is ala carte, it may be expensive but the food and service are both excellent. The waiter for the table besides ours took the valet stub and had their car pulled around so they would not have to wait on the curb. In stead of telling my wife where the restrooms were, our waiter escorted her there.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionTapcon3283Dined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday and it was perfect. The staff was amazing and the food was even better... We absolutely loved it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheatregoerDined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing, but honestly the service was disappointing. Our server forgot one of our sides, filled my husband's water and not mine (surely not on purpose - but I'd think attention to detail would be higher especially considering my water glass was empty), and gave us the wrong bill. None of these things were terrible and certainly didn't ruin our evening - however just not in line with expectations for such a high end restaurant. I wouldn't even mention them if we'd have gotten an apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forgot my wife's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great place, great good. Server was great but forgot we were celebrating my wife's birthday. He did offer us to take a dessert home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare find- pun intendedDoIneedoneDined on 9/25/2014I do not normally write reviews but this time I feel I need to make an exception. I have eaten at top steakhouses around the world and the beef served here is among the best I have sampled. I suggest sampling the beef with no sauces as the taste is exquisite- well marbled and well aged. We decided to share steaks and sampled the prime bone-in Tomahawk (30oz) and two prime bone-in filets (16oz each) served rare (really rare like you get in Florence and Argentina). The wine list was superb and had some American cabs with age. The best part of the meal was the staff who very friendly, attentive, and accommodating to an old grump like me. The bill was about half what I pay in Chicago and New York for the similar meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and Mac and cheese was exc.TPriceDined on 9/25/2014My girlfriend and I had a nice time there. We loved the good and our server was right on top of everything. We love to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceVetteDined on 9/20/2014I've been to this restaurant with friends and with my husband. Each time I go, I am never disappointed. Ambiance, food, and service are always great! I would recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner or a ladies night out!Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerSamichDined on 9/20/2014My girlfriend and I had a great experience and dinner. Simply wonderful night with great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassjfutscherDined on 9/19/2014First time to Ruby's downtown and it lived up...exceeded even, expectations. Food was great, service was exceptional and the ambiance was perfect for celebrating my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hypeGraceguyDined on 9/19/2014My wife of 32 years and I had the pleasure of dining at Jeff Ruby's in Cincy during a recent weekend visit. As cliche' as it sounds, the filet was the best we'd ever had. Combine that with the atmosphere (think Rat Pack classy), and our talented and personable waiter, and it was a VERY special evening indeed. A must do for any Cincinnati visit!Special Features:
- 100% Consistently Excellent!!!!!Chief1981Dined on 9/18/2014Great steak and outstanding service as always! I've never had a bad meal or mediocre service in the several meals my wife and I have had at Jeff Ruby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby-OutstandingFalcon2Dined on 9/13/2014My son & I enjoyed our dinner at Jeff Ruby's. It was a special occasion for us; our annual NFL game weekend away. We have eaten at many "high end" steakhouses over the years and our expectations for Ruby's was very high. And our expectations were all exceeded. Our steaks (New York Strip & Bone-in Ribeye) were prepared to our exact desire and the sides (Mac&Cheese and String Beans) were great too; plenty large enough to share. Our waiter, Jason, was very attentive and properly guided us in our selections, without being intrusive. While our food exceeded our expectations, the cocktails that we enjoyed were somewhat less satisfying. I would highly recommend Jeff Ruby's and, when we pass thru Cincinnati again, it will be a "must stop".Special Features:
- Excellent as always.SkilletVIPDined on 9/13/2014Perfectly cooked steaks, delicious mac & cheese, excellent salads, bread, and wine. Ruby's is our all-time favorite steakhouse to dine at.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Service!Dan2014Dined on 9/12/2014The Best!!! Anniversary, could not have taken my wife to a better place. She LOVED the steak, shrimp, and cheesecake!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedprice207Dined on 9/6/2014Our entrees arrived a full hour after we were seated. My $60 steak was overdone but I didn't want to endure the wait of having to send it back and get another one. The ambiance was great but I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerLMcgVIPDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have visited Jeff Ruby's numerous times. This visit, we had a large party for a birthday celebration. Ruby's absolutely delivered a home-run. The food quality and service was as good as always (top-notch) even with the challenges of a larger party. The server, Chris, went out of his way to take care of the 'guest-of-honor' - as did managers Neal and Christophe. The food speaks for itself, 5-stars for every course. As great as Jeff Ruby's is for a private occasion just with your spouse, it is as equal great for a large group looking to celebrate.Special Features:
- Perfect everytimemsawyer14Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I love RUBY'S. Always delicious and the service is always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One great meal in CincinnatiBostonDinerDined on 9/4/2014I asked my colleagues where I should go for one amazing meal in Cincinnati. I went to Jeff Ruby's and was NOT disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Great food and impeccable service. Truly an enjoyable and pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- First Time VisitorHappyVIPDined on 9/3/2014We selected this restaurant since it is right across the street from the Aronoff and we had tickets to a show the same night. We arrived early so it took awhile for the hostess to check us in. We were not happy at first with our table but the staff quickly and graciously made arrangements to change us to a wonderful setting. We were greeted by our server Keegan who immediately made sure he collected our cocktail order and promptly deliver them back to our table. Keegan created a delightful evening for us with the help of his assistant Kevin. Keegan steered us towards a fabulous steak, salad, potato and vegetable choices. We then described the type of wine we enjoy and the price point. Keegan could not have made a more perfect choice!Special Features:
- CINCINNATI JEWELCincinnatiKidDined on 9/2/2014If you are seeking marvelous food and service.....uhhhhh.....this would be your place. From valet to dessert....always a well-orchestrated dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious food & hip atmosphere!FreyfamDined on 8/29/2014As always, the fillet of beef melted in our mouths. Our waiter was perfectly attentive. Our reservation was at 8:00 and "Gee Your Band Smells Terrific" started playing at 9:00. After eating, we cozied up to the bar, drank more wine, and enjoyed the 70's tunes until midnight. A perfect night! Jeff Ruby's is an established, Cincinnati gem that never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.