400 South Jamesport Ave
Jamesport, NY 11947Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jedediahhawkinsinn.com/
- Phone: 6317222900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner is served every night from 5:00 pm.
Brunch/Lunch is offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 am and on Holiday Mondays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Attwood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire about off site catering at your house or at a North Fork vineyard.
- Private Party Facilities: From the dining room, the solarium and the speakeasy to the gazebo, porch and garden, the inn offers unique indoor and outdoor space for up to 125 guests. Our outdoor weddings in the field are especially memorable.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6317222900x
- Special Events: Plan your event for 10 to 100 guests at Jedediah Hawkins Inn. Our talented events team will take care of every detail from custom seasonal menus to wine pairings.
A word from Jedediah Hawkins
Jedediah Hawkins, housed in the majestically restored 1863 home of Captain Jedediah Hawkins, is quickly becoming the crown jewel in the North Fork’s dining scene. Recognizing that the purity of flavor derives from the ripest, most seasonal ingredients, guests can expect an ever evolving menu that places its emphasis upon local and sustainably grown ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Jedediah Hawkins - Best Restaurants in Jamesport ›
Jedediah Hawkins reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (90)fit for foodies (81)great for outdoor dining (71)scenic view (64)neighborhood gem (45)great for brunch (35)good for groups (27)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (25)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- A Northfork GemSharonODined on 8/24/2014We visited Jedediah Hawkins for dinner after spending a day at a local winery. We were pleasantly surprised at the various seating options. We chose to sit in a glass enclosed area with nice tables and couch seating. It was very cozy and comfortable. The room was very pretty and overlooked the beautiful scenery. Our dinner was farm to table with excellent choices for everyone. The food was very good and very fresh tasting. The salads especially the roasted beet was excellent. The flavors were very interesting and portions were a good size. We enjoyed our experience and would frequent this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Very pricy for brunchmenu. $18 for a goat cheese ometet? My French toast was burnt.
- Wonderful food, scenery and serviceDominickDined on 8/24/2014A real gem to go for lunch. brunch or dinner as you are heading out to the North Fork... in beautiful Jamesport, this restaurant has it all-- great food, accommodating service, an incredible scene, whether seated outdoors or in their solarium.... it is a historic home with incredible charm and tastefully decorated... highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014One of our favorite restaurants on the East End! The staff is knowledgable, friendly and approachable, a trio very rare to find anywhere. The food is consistently top notch and we were guided to an excellent Spanish wine by a gentlemen brought over by our waitress Tatiana. A must see when on the North Fork, don't pass it by!Special Features:
- Amazing as always!!DiningMama16Dined on 8/19/2014Jedediah's just never disappoints! We took a 2 other couples with us this time and they were blown away. Colin greeted us warmly and helped us pick out a perfect bottle of wine to satisfy us all. The service was great! Our server, Katie, was so helpful and accommodating. We had 4 starters for the table which our friends could not stop raving about. My swordfish was moist and delicious and husbands Flat Iron was cooked perfectly. Out friends had osso buccco, fish stew, tilefish and the chicken and they were very happy with their choices. We didn't have room for dessert but will definitely leave some for next time. Thank u to all the staff for a wonderful experience!!! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely settingYdineDined on 8/19/2014The grounds are beautiful and the solarium was an attractive and comfortable room to eat in. Our server was friendly and she did a great job staying on top of things. My entree, local tile fish, was perfectly cooked and served on a bed of fresh succotash that was delicious. If I was to give a rating based solely on my meal I would have given five stars, but the food was inconsistent. Three people in our party enjoyed their meals, but were not overly impressed. The fifth person had the fettuccini which was over cooked, over sauced and extremely salty. Unfortunately, she didn't complain until the end of the meal- it should have been sent back. All in all it was a pleasant experience, but not a foodies paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner but a few hiccupsCacsan77VIPDined on 8/18/2014I wanted to like this place as our kids gave us a gift certificate for dinner here. But it was just ok ...corn chowder excellent. I ordered flat iron steak which I thought was in the mid-30's price range but when it came it looked more like a filet and when bill came they charged 42 for it. Checked later on website and it said ribeye steak which the menu clearly did not offer, Or my husband would have ordered it . Maybe kitchen ran out but should have been told. He had the chicken and enjoyed thAt but it was served on bed of cold vegetables. Dessert was good.choc chip cookie sandwich and choc brownie sundae.. Definately large enough for two. Also music plAying was not really conducive of an old world home.. Classical would have been nice.Special Features:
- luvtodineVIPDined on 8/16/2014what a lovely place, the service was superb. Katie our waitress was so attentive and helpful. My husband took me there for my birthday and my desert was a gift from the restaurant , how thoughtful. We cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Amateur ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014As one the most highly rated restaurants in the area perhaps our expectations were too great. A bunch of kids were running this place and it felt more like a college bistro meal than a five star experience. The service was inexperienced, and very off. The food was gone but nothing notable at all. The baked crab was more like a disk if breadcrumbs. The chicken was moist but the quinoa was so undercooked it was like pebbles all over the plate. Save your $ there are too any other good options in the area!
- Nice atmosphereBarNoneDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent. I ordered the Swordfish entree as part of the Prix Fixe menu and my wife ordered the Striped Bass a la carte. Both dishes were delicious but I must say that the fish portions were quite small. Instead, the steak portions served to the couple at the next table seemed generous. Also, at $5 per regular coffee, the cost is a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheryllouVIPDined on 8/10/2014A real gem - excellent food, presentation, setting, and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in JamesportHungryJacquiVIPDined on 8/2/2014Was in the North Fork planning to visit wineries and checked OpenTable for nearby brunch options. Very pleasantly surprised by the meal, atmosphere, ambience and service we received at Jedediah Hawkins. I only wish I had reason to visit the area more frequently! The restaurant is situated in an historic house, complete with a speakeasy in the basement. One of the servers was kind enough to give us a tour and share a bit of the history with us. Our group ordered bloody marys and bellinis, kale salad, duck wings, lamb ribs, french toast and eggs benedict (we tried both the gravlax and the serrano ham) and was enthralled. One of the best brunches I've had on the east end of Long Island. Looking forward to eating here again soon.Special Features:
- A lovely lunchfranVIPDined on 8/1/2014The physical setting is gorgeous! We ate on a patio at the side of this amazing inn. The menu was varied and the food delish. Corn and shrimp chowder and Lobster BLT with avacado was wonderful. I would highly remommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Jedediah Hawkins - 5 stars!Jb54Dined on 8/1/2014An excellent find and a jewel of the North Fork. A meticulously restored historical residence, 22 acres of beautiful farmland and gardens, an art gallery, and great food and wine with outstanding hospitality and service. A wonderfully peaceful and relaxing setting with a view of beautiful flowers and green land, accompanied with good but soft music playing in the background-allowing for conversation. All of this contributes to the wonderful ambiance of Jedediah Hawkins and the North Fork. What are you waiting for?Special Features:
- amazingRegLDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed the chef special Thursday night bbq! What an amazing meal, ambience and service! This was a great find and we had an amazing time! Ill be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014My fiancé and I went to Jedediah Hawkins Inn for dinner twice while staying at the inn and both times they surprised us and outdid themselves. Everything was cooked to perfection and the wait staff could not have been friendlier or more attentive. This restaurant should definitely be on the list if you are out on the North Fork.Special Features:
- ExcellentPaulNHPDined on 7/30/2014Great place for excellent food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT SPOT!DineoutlotsDined on 7/27/2014I was very glad to have zeroed in on the Jedediah Hawkins Inn for dinner on our recent trip out to the North Fork of Long Island. The service was superior and the food was top notch. The menu selections were quite varied and the prices were well in line with the ambiance and service and overall quality of the establishment. I would definitely return on my next visit to the area and recommend it to friends/family heading out in that direction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 7/27/2014Lovely restored building, especially from outside. The inside decor is perhaps a bit too "modern" for the building. The solarium can be quite attractive in the summer, though a bit cold in the winter, and noisy when busy (all those hard surfaces). We just visited for the first time since the arrival of Craig Atwood, the latest chef through the revolving door. (All reviews of this restaurant older than a few months are obsolete, due to the changing chefs.) We had a delicious baked crab appetizer, somewhat marred by the burned toast (promptly replaced when we complained). The swordfish was delicious, the chicken was overcooked, and the desserts were a substantial disappointment. The service was sincere and well meaning, but not well trained.
- JhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We love the place and try to go there whenever we canSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eating on the North ForkCharlieDined on 7/23/2014If you are on the North fork of LI and are looking for a place eat very good food at moderate prices, this is the place to go. The ambiance of the old house, the grounds, but most of all the food make this almost a must do place if you are on LI.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014Place is gorgeous-view of the gardens while eating was beautiful-fireflies and a chicken and rooster came by to say hi. It was my hubs' bday and they brought over champagne. Sadly I sent mine back since I am pregnant. Had a yummy summer salad and they brought out another complimentary item. Sadly it went back as well as it was tuna tartare, a no no for me and my husband doesn't eat. waitress did apologize bc she didn't know what they brought out and would've changed it. They definitely a needed crosscheck moment! Dinner delish, steak& panzanella and the ossobuco for me.Extremely tasty.Wasn't thrilled on any dessert but got the cookie sandwich which was very good.A totally lovely evening with gorgeous inn/surroundings and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dawna1959Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I vacationed at the Jedediah Inn and will recommend this to all our friends. The Inn is absolutely beautiful, the staff couldn't have been any nicer. They all were so friendly and very professional. Kudos to the chef. Every meal that we had was out of this world. Can't wait to go back again !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!JulietvpDined on 7/19/2014We come here every year on our anniversary and love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014This may be our new favorite restaurant on the North Fork. The food was fresh and wonderful with a creative spin. The staff was attentive. We loved the kale and summer bean salad and heirloom beet salad. The addition of saffron, chorizo and swordfish gave the broth in the Portuguese Fish stew a unique rich flavor. The wild striped bass was equally delicious with the corn fondant and summer truffle. We almost passed on the salted caramel brownie for 2. So glad we didn't. Heavenly.Special Features:
- Don't miss this one!adgskiDined on 7/19/2014This was the perfect way to end a day at the wineries. The place is so impressive as you drive in. The food, service and ambience is incredible! Everything we ate was fantastic! We were 4 people we enjoyed 6 apps 3 entrees 2 desserts & a bottle of wine. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerbeachmom629Dined on 7/15/2014Went for dinner and night at Jedediah Hawkins. Had the rib eye for 2...it was unbelievable! Also had breakfast the next morning and honestly had the best breakfast I have had in years! The wait staff was excellent as well. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Always amazing!DiningMama16Dined on 7/13/2014Food and service were wonderful as always. Colin chose a perfect wine for our meal and we were again wowed by how above average everything is here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014A very enjoyable dinner and wonderful atmosphere! Great food and service (Tatiana) recommend her for your table and you will receive the best treatment and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- westhamptoneaterVIPDined on 7/11/2014food was great, and we could hear each other with no screaming.Special Features:
- scnyfamilyDined on 7/10/2014A delightful meal with our family while visiting them on Long Island. A good place for an unhurried meal in a quiet setting when conversation as well as excellent food is desired. We enjoyed dining in the Solarium with a lovely view of the well kept grounds.Special Features:
- OutstandingKeriVIPDined on 7/6/2014I go to Jedediah Hawkins for brunch/lunch and dinner almost once a month. I think I have been going at least four years now and it is to date still my favorite restaurant. I have gone every season and I make it a point to bring all of my friends. Every single thing from the drinks, appetizers, entrees to the desserts are phenomenal. The last time I went, my friends and I loved the lamb chops, the duck wings, the bloody mary as well as the belinni. I am a pretty picky eater and this is the only place where I am willing to try different things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerkp57Dined on 7/4/2014We had a great dining experience here. The tuna tartare and fettuccini with vegetables were outstanding, and the restaurant allows you to bring a bottle of wine from certain local wineries with no corkage fee. The inn has a lot of charm and makes for a pretty setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best tasting dinnerInnaDined on 7/2/2014Whle it's not a bad value for pre-fix ($40 for 4 courses), food was not what we expected. Everything was extremely salty and fish had strange red Raghu sauce which was very sour and not good. Salads were very salty, soup had way too much oil in it, and even desert (creme brulle) tasted as it was prepared on the outdoor grill with smoke coming out. Drink was very watered down and served jn a shot glass... Atmosphere was very nice but service was slow. I would not go back unless they change the chef. I had much higher expectations asked on orecious reviews and was expecting North Fork Table type of food but it was nowhere near.
- expected moreSeltzeroneVIPDined on 6/28/2014I was surprised that the chef had a preference for sweetness - tuna tartar and burrata - both too much on sweet side - tables too big for party of three or four small rooms separate the diners - pretty spot, staff tries - we went on Saturday night and they had a Duck breast special that sold out by 7:30 - we lost the last one to someone else - nice enough but I expected more.Special Features:
- Food is beyond divine!!!Princess7VIPDined on 6/27/2014I recently stayed at Jedediah Hawkins with my 8 yr old daughter to attend a wedding nearby. It was our first time visiting the North Fork. We live in NYC and Montauk. The food was beyond divine. We had lunch and dinner at the Inn. It was honestly in my top 5 best meals ever. So much so that i had to introduce myself to the chef to thank him. The breakfast included with the room was a 4 course meal and also above and beyond divine. Fresh croissants out of the oven, yogurt and berries, poached eggs over fresh greens with serrano ham and fresh sorbet. He also accommodated my gluten allergy with no problem. The staff was incredibly friendly and lovely. The overall experience was divine. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodieDined on 6/23/2014Great dining experience. Food, ambiance & service were excellent.Special Features:
- cocoaDined on 6/21/2014A wonderful evening was had by all. Been here several times and will continue to enjoy many more wonderful evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the CountryLocavoresVIPDined on 6/21/2014There is no question the location, buildings and surroundings of the Jedediah Hawkins Inn are beautiful. The new Executive Chef is Craig Attwood, who has been in the kitchen since February is preparing great food. During our recent dining we found his menu to be brief, straightforward and the kitchen executed outstanding meals. The use of local seafood, vegetables and meats provided assurance that the ingredients were not only local, but fresh and of the highest quality. The short wine list features both local, national and international wines. The local wine list features some top local wines, priced at only a few dollar above their retail prices, which is a major incentive to drink local.Special Features:
- JoeADined on 6/21/2014Great food. One of the most picturesque settings ever. Sit outside if you can. We had a leisurely dinner. No rush. My only negative; a small menu. Check it before you go to make sure you like the selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.