400 South Jamesport Ave
Jamesport, NY 11947Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jedediahhawkinsinn.com/
- Phone: (631) 722-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner is offered Thursday through Monday from 5 pm.
Brunch/Lunch is offered Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 am and on Holiday Mondays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Attwood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire about off site catering at your house or at a North Fork vineyard.
- Special Events: Plan your event for 10 to 100 guests at Jedediah Hawkins Inn. Our talented events team will take care of every detail from custom seasonal menus to wine pairings.
A word from Jedediah Hawkins
Jedediah Hawkins, housed in the majestically restored 1863 home of Captain Jedediah Hawkins, is quickly becoming the crown jewel in the North Fork’s dining scene. Recognizing that the purity of flavor derives from the ripest, most seasonal ingredients, guests can expect an ever evolving menu that places its emphasis upon local and sustainably grown ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Jedediah Hawkins - Best Restaurants in Jamesport ›
Jedediah Hawkins reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food and service. Interesting venueDanDDined on 11/21/2014Great old Victorian manor house. Warm and friendly venue. Staff and food excellent. Decor a bit drab but all in all, a great place to spend a cold evening. Want to come back and try the Speakeasy bar downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Heard so many things about this place and we finally got to experience it for ourselves. So glad we did! From the warm entry to the beautiful dining room we were very impressed. Our waitress offered us complimentary regular or sparkling water which was a nice touch. We had some drinks from the bar (which honestly were the only bad part of our meal) and then decided on a bottle of wine with the help from our super sweet waitress, Katie. The bottle we choose had been sold out but the manager was extremely helpful and helped us choose another which was delicious. Our meal from apps to entrees were outstanding! Desserts lacked creativity but overall food was great! Staff there made us feel so special and we will definitely be back!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Surprise!SuzanneDined on 11/13/2014My friend was pleasantly surprised. He thought we were entering someone's home. It was a very romantic evening sitting by the fireplace enjoying the wine and great food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved ithamptoniteDined on 11/9/2014This was a treat. The food was exellent; as was the service. Even the triple filtered water was a real treat. It tasted really good. The food was all good. The selection of appetizers, main courses and desserts was really great given it was resataurant week. They did a great job and we loved it. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Creative Cuisine/Great ServiceCathDined on 11/9/2014Even though it was LI Restaurant Week the chef did not dumb down and offer an ordinary menu. The choices were varied, unusual and intriguing. The service was impeccable and the ambiance is warm and comfortable.Special Features:
- Not a bad findJamesportDined on 11/8/2014Small menu, small portions. Food cooked perfectly. It's an old house in the heart of Jamesport so the layout isn't open. Prices are very reasonable and the staff doesn't rush it's guests in or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014When we first arrived it took my breathe away! Hostess told us out table would be ready in few minutes so we decided to have a drink at the bar. First of all the bartender was rude and very slow. When I made a comment about my drink she seemed to mumble something under her breath. Before I could say anything we were taken to our table. We enjoyed our meal immensely and service was fantastic. Glad we got to try the restaurant weekend but definitely plan on coming back with friends to see what else they have to offer....just hope that bartender is not there. If the food and service weren't so incredible she really could have ruined our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jedidah HawkinsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Pricy. The pork osso bucco flavoring was too strong with (alcohol) and overpowered the meat. They ran out of bread:( waitress was very accommodating and tried to make up for it with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LI Restaurant Week menu-GREAT FOOD!RubellDined on 11/8/2014Always wanted to try Jedediah Hawkins Inn, but was reluctant to try based on prices. The "LI Restaurant Week Menu" was a great way to try their fine food at a fraction of the cost. We were able to find something for each of us on the menu, and we were not disappointed! Everything was presented beautifully and tasted as good as it looked! The wait staff was attentive and the ambience was beautiful.Special Features:
- Great dining experience exceptNobutterservedforrestweekDined on 11/8/2014no butter was offered at the table. We requested butter and were told by an employee that the chef wasn't serving butter because it was restaurant week! IMAGINE our thoughts and feelings! Very tacky and cheap. Without spelling it out, the chef is saying 'you aren't paying enough for dinner this week so you are not entitled to butter at the table! We have dined here many times over the years and this has never occurred. If people are patronizing your restaurant, then they deserve to be treated well, NO exceptions. Maybe it's time they rethink their participation in restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheresaDined on 11/8/2014We have been here several times for dinner and never have been disappointed. We came here for restaurant week. We had the beet salad, butternut squash and black bean soup, pork osso bucco, root veggie and squash lasagna and for dessert chocolate and walnut moosse and pumkin cheesecake. The also had four bottle of wine for 27.95. Service is always good. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Dinner at JedediahLupeteDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful dinner in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard2PleaseDined on 11/7/2014Excellent choice for spending evening with friends. Attentive staff and delicious food and wine made a most favorable first impression. Next time we visit LI from PA we want to try the speakeasy in the basement. The entire building is so charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cleanplategirl1Dined on 11/4/2014Great appetizers including soup and salads.. Entrees were also creative as well as tasty. Desserts, however left something to be desired. Chocolate mousse too sweet and grainy. Pumpkin cheesecake (choice of three out of five diners) was more like pumpkin pie than cheesecake. Amibance was lovely-period details were enjoyed by all. Even though the dining area was crowded, our table of five was able to converse without having to raise voices. I would return again for lunch. Curious to see the setting in daylight.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceseefoodDined on 11/3/2014My family took advantage of visiting during restaurant week. We almost drove past the restaurant due to poor lighting out front. Once inside, there was a feeling of being in someone's home, warm and inviting. The food and service were both excellent. I already recommended this restaurant to several friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I found menu to be limited, when we arrived table was not set up for party of four. After table was set up with shims (speakeasy floor) I would try you once more maybe in the dinning room. Thank You Edward Frank
- Charming environment, great foodTifflin194VIPDined on 10/31/2014Jedediah Hawkins is a quaint and charming little inn in the North Fork--I'd actually love to stay at this inn some time because it's beautifully restored. We sat next to the fireplace and my boyfriend got the osso bucco, which was definitely the star of our meal. The soup was delicious as well. My tilefish was good as well but it's hard for me to be impressed with fish entrees. Great ambiance and service, everyone was very hospitable and warm. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- dining points from opentableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2014The restaurant was very good. However, in reviewing my profile Isee that I did not receive any dining points from opentable. There are 9 reservations that I made through opentable.com for which I received 0 points. Please give me the points which I am entitled to. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantAnnieDined on 10/25/2014Friends from Manhattan were visiting and wanted us to bring them to a "foodie" restaurant on the North Fork. We decided on Jedediah Hawkins. All four of us were incredibly impressed; every course was exceptional. The chef incorporated local ingredients to achieve a seasonal menu of superb dishes. The soups, salads, oso buco, tile fish, and vegetarian lasagna were all hits. Even the chicken was excellently prepared! The gelato rivaled ones enjoyed in Italy. The cider donuts were sinful but worth every calorie! Everyone agreed this was one of the best meals we've had in awhile. In addition to the wonderful food, the service was impeccable; friendly and professional with perfect timing. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Dined in solarium and salad and entrees (pumpkin gnocchi and pork osso bucco) were superb; however,portion on gnocchi was skimpy in comparison to diner at next table w/ same entre. Dessert quality ( choc walnut tart , apple crisp) was not at all on par with the dinner. Service was uneven and not up to caliber of the food, eg, plates put at wrong seats/ table, drinks slow in coming ,silverware removed after courses and not replaced. Server was earnest but tentative and seeemed new to her job. We would dine here again as the salad/entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambiance & food howevervdr88VIPDined on 10/12/2014service could be a bit more polished. We were there for a Sunday Brunch; little things like sugar, water and courses were forgotten. Very nice overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MALBDined on 10/10/2014Everything was superb! However when I order duck wings I expect wings. I received very big duck drums. I did not pay for duck drums and was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be the best restaurant everKillorbytesDined on 10/10/2014Jedediah Hawkins is quite possibly one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. From the rustic feel of the building to the lighted trellis outside leading to the art gallery. My wife and I went here for our 15th wedding anniversary and they surprised us with 2 glasses of Champagne. The menu was concise and everything sounded delicious. We had the baked crab for the appetizer which was excellent. I had the seared Tile fish with spaghetti squash and amazing mustard apple sauce. My wife had the pumpkin gnocchi which had an incredible creamy texture and savory flavor. For dessert we split the caramel brownie ice cream dessert. We finished with some (very bold) coffee and black tea. The service was impeccable, very attentive & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticCheryllouVIPDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful meal and wonderful service. New menu is creative and the food exquisiteSpecial Features:
- Excellent Service...delicious foodMMTRDined on 9/25/2014If you are out on the North Fork wine tasting and want to experience great food in an old world atmosphere this Inn is the place. The Inn was totally restored and includes a Speak Easy in it's lower quarters that is great for small parties who appreciate intimacy, comfort and style. The service is beyond excellent and the food is equally as amazing.Special Features:
- Always very good but not this timeJennVIPDined on 9/19/2014Last Friday, Sept.19, we both ordered the corn chowder but the small cubed potatoes were raw, I told our waitress and I showed her the raw cubes and she said I can't believe!its been cooking all day!the owner himself is eating it!It's fine but I have him cook it more then(all in a very loud speaking voice).It came back 60% still raw instead of 90%.She never came back to the table again.I needed to ask the busboy to order a glass of wine, finally flagged her down to ask about our entrees because it had been awhile. Entrees were very good but side of roasted carrots was so full of black pepper we couldn't eat it, when told she shrieked I can believe it! its my favorite! I thought you are going to tell me how great it was instead.
- Modern adventure in eatingMericVIPDined on 9/18/2014Excellent cuisine,,imaginative,,,fresh ingredients and good bar service..lovely farm location on famed north fork winery area with beaches and water views in easy drive of restaurant.. One major criticism..food dishes were very heavily salted and we could not figure out why? The dishes themselves were full of taste and flavors and did not need such heavy salting..across all the dishes we ate there.Special Features:
- Winery weekendBoogy55Dined on 9/14/2014Met friends at local winery and thought Jedediah Hawkins would be a great way to end the day. I was right! 6 in my group and everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outGirlsdiningDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic food along with comfortable air conditioning made our girls night out great Drinks were pricey but food was priced wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fabulous ExperienceDiningMama16VIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a long week and needed a night out! I think Colin could tell because I had a Cosmo in front of me within seconds. We sat down and enjoyed the new kale salad and a cheese plate (so happy they offer this now!). The chicken and gnocchi were our entrees and both equally delicious. The service was great and Colin again helped us to choose a perfect bottle of wine. We had the donuts for dessert which complimented my double Irish coffee! Thanks again to Colin and staff! Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Shore GemFoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Spectacular menu, something for everyone in a beautiful, relaxing setting. One of the best preparations of foie gras I've ever had and wonderful pork Osso bucco. The fish stew had an exquisite sauce and was loaded with shellfish. Can't figure out how they can make gazpacho taste so incredibly good, the warm homemade burrata it was served with was heavenly. Save room for the delicious, decadent salted caramel brownie sundae for two. The service was as special as the food, so professional and friendly. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- favoriteloujVIPDined on 9/7/2014It truly is our. favorite for celebrations. Wife drove us there over an hour for my birthday dinner. Portuguese fish stew is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place on the North ForkadkchefVIPDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I were celebrating our first anniversary so we had to come back to the place were it all happened. We had our wedding here a year ago and we are still talking about how wonderful it was. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and JHI made that happen. We decided to spend the night there and Colin took care of us right away and upgraded us to there suite. The staff at the Inn really makes you feel welcome and pays close attention to detail. Our dinner was fabulous, once again our eyes are bigger then our stomach and wanted everything on the menu. The chef surprised us with a wonderful treat between courses as well. We will of course be back and made a tradition to spend every anniversary with JHI for years to come.Special Features:
- Best place to eat in JamesportKangDined on 9/7/2014Chef and all the staff are great. Every time we go there, chef always brings us a special comp dish to try that's is not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exxcodeDined on 9/4/2014The people were unbelievable accommodating considering my wife is wheelchair handicapped. The food and service were both great. They gave us an extra appetizer which was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic from beginning to end!marzo419Dined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time dining at Jedediah Hawkins Inn. It was a sunny day so we chose to sit outside on the patio. I'm so glad we did because the scenic views of this charming North Fork establishment were breathtaking. We went on a Sunday when they offer a wonderful clambake special, which we both ordered. It was absolutely perfect. The clams and mussels were just delicious! It was also served with potatoes, sweet corn, and lobster. If you go on a Sunday this is something that you shouldn't miss out on! We finished off our meal by sharing the salted caramel brownie sundae. All I can say is, oh my god..this might have been the best brownie sunday i've ever had. The fresh whipped cream on top was the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as expected!KRISANDJEFFDined on 8/30/2014I had high expectations due to reviews and just the beauty of the home alone... and I was right! The house and grounds are spectacular, the atmosphere although you may think could be stuffy is totally opposite. The staff is warm and inviting, the food is delicious with great flavors to explore with out feeling like you have never heard things on the menu. I had the duck wings and Ossoc Bucco!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014The food was great and the service was just as good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDiningMama16VIPDined on 8/26/2014Went to dinner for out anniversary and were treated like royalty. Colin brought us champagne and was charming as always. We had the chowder and duck wings to start and both were delish! For dinner we had the fish stew and the ribeye which was cooked perfectly. We shared the fruit cobbler which was amazing. The staff at Jedediah's just knows how to do things right and that's why we keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Northfork GemSharonODined on 8/24/2014We visited Jedediah Hawkins for dinner after spending a day at a local winery. We were pleasantly surprised at the various seating options. We chose to sit in a glass enclosed area with nice tables and couch seating. It was very cozy and comfortable. The room was very pretty and overlooked the beautiful scenery. Our dinner was farm to table with excellent choices for everyone. The food was very good and very fresh tasting. The salads especially the roasted beet was excellent. The flavors were very interesting and portions were a good size. We enjoyed our experience and would frequent this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.