400 South Jamesport Ave
Jamesport, NY 11947Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jedediahhawkinsinn.com/
- Phone: 6317222900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner is offered Thursday through Monday from 5 pm.
Brunch/Lunch is offered Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 am and on Holiday Mondays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Attwood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire about off site catering at your house or at a North Fork vineyard.
- Special Events: Plan your event for 10 to 100 guests at Jedediah Hawkins Inn. Our talented events team will take care of every detail from custom seasonal menus to wine pairings.
A word from Jedediah Hawkins
Jedediah Hawkins, housed in the majestically restored 1863 home of Captain Jedediah Hawkins, is quickly becoming the crown jewel in the North Fork’s dining scene. Recognizing that the purity of flavor derives from the ripest, most seasonal ingredients, guests can expect an ever evolving menu that places its emphasis upon local and sustainably grown ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Jedediah Hawkins - Best Restaurants in Jamesport ›
Jedediah Hawkins reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (77)fit for foodies (61)great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (41)scenic view (38)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)great for lunch (19)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Dined in solarium and salad and entrees (pumpkin gnocchi and pork osso bucco) were superb; however,portion on gnocchi was skimpy in comparison to diner at next table w/ same entre. Dessert quality ( choc walnut tart , apple crisp) was not at all on par with the dinner. Service was uneven and not up to caliber of the food, eg, plates put at wrong seats/ table, drinks slow in coming ,silverware removed after courses and not replaced. Server was earnest but tentative and seeemed new to her job. We would dine here again as the salad/entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambiance & food howevervdr88VIPDined on 10/12/2014service could be a bit more polished. We were there for a Sunday Brunch; little things like sugar, water and courses were forgotten. Very nice overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MALBDined on 10/10/2014Everything was superb! However when I order duck wings I expect wings. I received very big duck drums. I did not pay for duck drums and was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be the best restaurant everKillorbytesDined on 10/10/2014Jedediah Hawkins is quite possibly one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. From the rustic feel of the building to the lighted trellis outside leading to the art gallery. My wife and I went here for our 15th wedding anniversary and they surprised us with 2 glasses of Champagne. The menu was concise and everything sounded delicious. We had the baked crab for the appetizer which was excellent. I had the seared Tile fish with spaghetti squash and amazing mustard apple sauce. My wife had the pumpkin gnocchi which had an incredible creamy texture and savory flavor. For dessert we split the caramel brownie ice cream dessert. We finished with some (very bold) coffee and black tea. The service was impeccable, very attentive & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticCheryllouVIPDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful meal and wonderful service. New menu is creative and the food exquisiteSpecial Features:
- Excellent Service...delicious foodMMTRDined on 9/25/2014If you are out on the North Fork wine tasting and want to experience great food in an old world atmosphere this Inn is the place. The Inn was totally restored and includes a Speak Easy in it's lower quarters that is great for small parties who appreciate intimacy, comfort and style. The service is beyond excellent and the food is equally as amazing.Special Features:
- Always very good but not this timeJennVIPDined on 9/19/2014Last Friday, Sept.19, we both ordered the corn chowder but the small cubed potatoes were raw, I told our waitress and I showed her the raw cubes and she said I can't believe!its been cooking all day!the owner himself is eating it!It's fine but I have him cook it more then(all in a very loud speaking voice).It came back 60% still raw instead of 90%.She never came back to the table again.I needed to ask the busboy to order a glass of wine, finally flagged her down to ask about our entrees because it had been awhile. Entrees were very good but side of roasted carrots was so full of black pepper we couldn't eat it, when told she shrieked I can believe it! its my favorite! I thought you are going to tell me how great it was instead.
- Modern adventure in eatingMericVIPDined on 9/18/2014Excellent cuisine,,imaginative,,,fresh ingredients and good bar service..lovely farm location on famed north fork winery area with beaches and water views in easy drive of restaurant.. One major criticism..food dishes were very heavily salted and we could not figure out why? The dishes themselves were full of taste and flavors and did not need such heavy salting..across all the dishes we ate there.Special Features:
- Winery weekendBoogy55Dined on 9/14/2014Met friends at local winery and thought Jedediah Hawkins would be a great way to end the day. I was right! 6 in my group and everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outGirlsdiningDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic food along with comfortable air conditioning made our girls night out great Drinks were pricey but food was priced wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fabulous ExperienceDiningMama16Dined on 9/9/2014We had a long week and needed a night out! I think Colin could tell because I had a Cosmo in front of me within seconds. We sat down and enjoyed the new kale salad and a cheese plate (so happy they offer this now!). The chicken and gnocchi were our entrees and both equally delicious. The service was great and Colin again helped us to choose a perfect bottle of wine. We had the donuts for dessert which complimented my double Irish coffee! Thanks again to Colin and staff! Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Shore GemFoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Spectacular menu, something for everyone in a beautiful, relaxing setting. One of the best preparations of foie gras I've ever had and wonderful pork Osso bucco. The fish stew had an exquisite sauce and was loaded with shellfish. Can't figure out how they can make gazpacho taste so incredibly good, the warm homemade burrata it was served with was heavenly. Save room for the delicious, decadent salted caramel brownie sundae for two. The service was as special as the food, so professional and friendly. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- favoriteloujVIPDined on 9/7/2014It truly is our. favorite for celebrations. Wife drove us there over an hour for my birthday dinner. Portuguese fish stew is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place on the North ForkadkchefDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I were celebrating our first anniversary so we had to come back to the place were it all happened. We had our wedding here a year ago and we are still talking about how wonderful it was. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and JHI made that happen. We decided to spend the night there and Colin took care of us right away and upgraded us to there suite. The staff at the Inn really makes you feel welcome and pays close attention to detail. Our dinner was fabulous, once again our eyes are bigger then our stomach and wanted everything on the menu. The chef surprised us with a wonderful treat between courses as well. We will of course be back and made a tradition to spend every anniversary with JHI for years to come.Special Features:
- Best place to eat in JamesportKangDined on 9/7/2014Chef and all the staff are great. Every time we go there, chef always brings us a special comp dish to try that's is not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exxcodeDined on 9/4/2014The people were unbelievable accommodating considering my wife is wheelchair handicapped. The food and service were both great. They gave us an extra appetizer which was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic from beginning to end!marzo419Dined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time dining at Jedediah Hawkins Inn. It was a sunny day so we chose to sit outside on the patio. I'm so glad we did because the scenic views of this charming North Fork establishment were breathtaking. We went on a Sunday when they offer a wonderful clambake special, which we both ordered. It was absolutely perfect. The clams and mussels were just delicious! It was also served with potatoes, sweet corn, and lobster. If you go on a Sunday this is something that you shouldn't miss out on! We finished off our meal by sharing the salted caramel brownie sundae. All I can say is, oh my god..this might have been the best brownie sunday i've ever had. The fresh whipped cream on top was the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as expected!KRISANDJEFFDined on 8/30/2014I had high expectations due to reviews and just the beauty of the home alone... and I was right! The house and grounds are spectacular, the atmosphere although you may think could be stuffy is totally opposite. The staff is warm and inviting, the food is delicious with great flavors to explore with out feeling like you have never heard things on the menu. I had the duck wings and Ossoc Bucco!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014The food was great and the service was just as good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDiningMama16Dined on 8/26/2014Went to dinner for out anniversary and were treated like royalty. Colin brought us champagne and was charming as always. We had the chowder and duck wings to start and both were delish! For dinner we had the fish stew and the ribeye which was cooked perfectly. We shared the fruit cobbler which was amazing. The staff at Jedediah's just knows how to do things right and that's why we keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Northfork GemSharonODined on 8/24/2014We visited Jedediah Hawkins for dinner after spending a day at a local winery. We were pleasantly surprised at the various seating options. We chose to sit in a glass enclosed area with nice tables and couch seating. It was very cozy and comfortable. The room was very pretty and overlooked the beautiful scenery. Our dinner was farm to table with excellent choices for everyone. The food was very good and very fresh tasting. The salads especially the roasted beet was excellent. The flavors were very interesting and portions were a good size. We enjoyed our experience and would frequent this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Very pricy for brunchmenu. $18 for a goat cheese ometet? My French toast was burnt.
- Wonderful food, scenery and serviceDominickDined on 8/24/2014A real gem to go for lunch. brunch or dinner as you are heading out to the North Fork... in beautiful Jamesport, this restaurant has it all-- great food, accommodating service, an incredible scene, whether seated outdoors or in their solarium.... it is a historic home with incredible charm and tastefully decorated... highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014One of our favorite restaurants on the East End! The staff is knowledgable, friendly and approachable, a trio very rare to find anywhere. The food is consistently top notch and we were guided to an excellent Spanish wine by a gentlemen brought over by our waitress Tatiana. A must see when on the North Fork, don't pass it by!Special Features:
- Amazing as always!!DiningMama16Dined on 8/19/2014Jedediah's just never disappoints! We took a 2 other couples with us this time and they were blown away. Colin greeted us warmly and helped us pick out a perfect bottle of wine to satisfy us all. The service was great! Our server, Katie, was so helpful and accommodating. We had 4 starters for the table which our friends could not stop raving about. My swordfish was moist and delicious and husbands Flat Iron was cooked perfectly. Out friends had osso buccco, fish stew, tilefish and the chicken and they were very happy with their choices. We didn't have room for dessert but will definitely leave some for next time. Thank u to all the staff for a wonderful experience!!! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely settingYdineDined on 8/19/2014The grounds are beautiful and the solarium was an attractive and comfortable room to eat in. Our server was friendly and she did a great job staying on top of things. My entree, local tile fish, was perfectly cooked and served on a bed of fresh succotash that was delicious. If I was to give a rating based solely on my meal I would have given five stars, but the food was inconsistent. Three people in our party enjoyed their meals, but were not overly impressed. The fifth person had the fettuccini which was over cooked, over sauced and extremely salty. Unfortunately, she didn't complain until the end of the meal- it should have been sent back. All in all it was a pleasant experience, but not a foodies paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner but a few hiccupsCacsan77VIPDined on 8/18/2014I wanted to like this place as our kids gave us a gift certificate for dinner here. But it was just ok ...corn chowder excellent. I ordered flat iron steak which I thought was in the mid-30's price range but when it came it looked more like a filet and when bill came they charged 42 for it. Checked later on website and it said ribeye steak which the menu clearly did not offer, Or my husband would have ordered it . Maybe kitchen ran out but should have been told. He had the chicken and enjoyed thAt but it was served on bed of cold vegetables. Dessert was good.choc chip cookie sandwich and choc brownie sundae.. Definately large enough for two. Also music plAying was not really conducive of an old world home.. Classical would have been nice.Special Features:
- luvtodineVIPDined on 8/16/2014what a lovely place, the service was superb. Katie our waitress was so attentive and helpful. My husband took me there for my birthday and my desert was a gift from the restaurant , how thoughtful. We cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Amateur ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014As one the most highly rated restaurants in the area perhaps our expectations were too great. A bunch of kids were running this place and it felt more like a college bistro meal than a five star experience. The service was inexperienced, and very off. The food was gone but nothing notable at all. The baked crab was more like a disk if breadcrumbs. The chicken was moist but the quinoa was so undercooked it was like pebbles all over the plate. Save your $ there are too any other good options in the area!
- Nice atmosphereBarNoneDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent. I ordered the Swordfish entree as part of the Prix Fixe menu and my wife ordered the Striped Bass a la carte. Both dishes were delicious but I must say that the fish portions were quite small. Instead, the steak portions served to the couple at the next table seemed generous. Also, at $5 per regular coffee, the cost is a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheryllouVIPDined on 8/10/2014A real gem - excellent food, presentation, setting, and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 year later-Gr8 to disappointingJerryj2VIPDined on 8/8/2014Last year visited this place on vacation and thought it was really special revisited the summer and it was nothing but a disappointment - food was just okay and come on you're in wine country offer to refill the wine glasses!
- Oasis in JamesportHungryJacquiVIPDined on 8/2/2014Was in the North Fork planning to visit wineries and checked OpenTable for nearby brunch options. Very pleasantly surprised by the meal, atmosphere, ambience and service we received at Jedediah Hawkins. I only wish I had reason to visit the area more frequently! The restaurant is situated in an historic house, complete with a speakeasy in the basement. One of the servers was kind enough to give us a tour and share a bit of the history with us. Our group ordered bloody marys and bellinis, kale salad, duck wings, lamb ribs, french toast and eggs benedict (we tried both the gravlax and the serrano ham) and was enthralled. One of the best brunches I've had on the east end of Long Island. Looking forward to eating here again soon.Special Features:
- A lovely lunchfranVIPDined on 8/1/2014The physical setting is gorgeous! We ate on a patio at the side of this amazing inn. The menu was varied and the food delish. Corn and shrimp chowder and Lobster BLT with avacado was wonderful. I would highly remommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Jedediah Hawkins - 5 stars!Jb54Dined on 8/1/2014An excellent find and a jewel of the North Fork. A meticulously restored historical residence, 22 acres of beautiful farmland and gardens, an art gallery, and great food and wine with outstanding hospitality and service. A wonderfully peaceful and relaxing setting with a view of beautiful flowers and green land, accompanied with good but soft music playing in the background-allowing for conversation. All of this contributes to the wonderful ambiance of Jedediah Hawkins and the North Fork. What are you waiting for?Special Features:
- amazingRegLDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed the chef special Thursday night bbq! What an amazing meal, ambience and service! This was a great find and we had an amazing time! Ill be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014My fiancé and I went to Jedediah Hawkins Inn for dinner twice while staying at the inn and both times they surprised us and outdid themselves. Everything was cooked to perfection and the wait staff could not have been friendlier or more attentive. This restaurant should definitely be on the list if you are out on the North Fork.Special Features:
- ExcellentPaulNHPDined on 7/30/2014Great place for excellent food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT SPOT!DineoutlotsDined on 7/27/2014I was very glad to have zeroed in on the Jedediah Hawkins Inn for dinner on our recent trip out to the North Fork of Long Island. The service was superior and the food was top notch. The menu selections were quite varied and the prices were well in line with the ambiance and service and overall quality of the establishment. I would definitely return on my next visit to the area and recommend it to friends/family heading out in that direction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 7/27/2014Lovely restored building, especially from outside. The inside decor is perhaps a bit too "modern" for the building. The solarium can be quite attractive in the summer, though a bit cold in the winter, and noisy when busy (all those hard surfaces). We just visited for the first time since the arrival of Craig Atwood, the latest chef through the revolving door. (All reviews of this restaurant older than a few months are obsolete, due to the changing chefs.) We had a delicious baked crab appetizer, somewhat marred by the burned toast (promptly replaced when we complained). The swordfish was delicious, the chicken was overcooked, and the desserts were a substantial disappointment. The service was sincere and well meaning, but not well trained.