715 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Jeanne D'Arc - Cornell Hotel De France
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantjeannedarc.com/
- Phone: (415) 421-3154
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Bernard Moutal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can close the restaurant to the public for a private party of 50 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Claude Lambert 415-421-3154
- Entertainment: A violonist performs every saturday
- Special Events: Bastille day is the biggest event at Restaurant Jeanne d'Arc with musicians & singers. Also notable: Christmas Eve , New Years Eve & Valentine's day.
Jeanne D'Arc is an elegant yet reasonably priced French restaurant located near Nob Hill and Union Square in the Cornell Hotel de France. Replete with tapestries, stained glass and artifacts, the decor celebrates the life and deeds of France's legendary heroine, Joan of Arc.
Founded by the Lambert family in 1972, the restaurant is a favorite of locals and visitors. Jeanne D'Arc offers a prix fixe menu and a cellar of well chosen California and Frence wines. The restaurant is perfect for before-curtain supper, a gathering of good friends, or romance with conversation.
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Dining here felt like we wereKostaVVIPDined on 5/23/2013Dining here felt like we were visiting someone's home kitchen. The food was well prepared and delicious. We liked the decor too. It truly felt like we were in france.Special Features:
- Expectations too highPebbleBCriticVIPDined on 5/11/2013Based on very good reviews we were expecting more. The food was nothing special. I would not recommend the rabbit dish.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Jeanne D'Arc is a hidden gem in a city with wonderful restaurants. How they can continuously turn out wonderful meals for such a reasonable price is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy ServiceJeryVIPDined on 5/11/2013The waiter in this restaurant spoiled the entire meal for us! Before we were even seated he had shoved the wine and food menus onto the table between us and asked what we wanted to drink;he hovered when we said we hadnt decided until we did. There was no interval between courses and he kept coming back to see if we were finished witha dish. If we put our fork down we had to hold on to our plates or they would have been taken out from under our noses.And it was NOT as if the place was full with a waiting line. We didnt complain because he acted that way with allthe tables. About the most frenetic dinner weve ever had.
- Look elsewhere...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013Went there for a birthday dinner. Food was just ok; soup was warm, not hot. Service was very good. Menu was uninspiring. Souflette tasted very much like a chinese egg tart, barely tasted any of the orange liquor. Steak was bland.Special Features:
- Little Francefishnaked2Dined on 4/19/2013This is a neighborhood gem! Romantic, you'd think you were in France itself! The only complaint with our dinner is that there were 5 large groups seated almost concurrently with us (party of two). The restaurant was extremely crowded, not an empty table, which made our wait staff inefficient and slow. Had to request extra butter, bread, water instead of our wait staff checking to see how we were doing. The noise level, due to the crowd, was exhausting and we had a difficult time talking to each other without raising our voices. The food remains top-level but the lack of service really shrouded our dinner.Special Features:
- Great find in San FranlookoutsDined on 4/12/2013Good atmosphere. It is obvious they have painstakingly decorated the place. Excellent service. Environment thematic (almost Disney-ish)! Food is very good in general and excellent when the great price is taken into consideration.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asBarkyboyDined on 3/15/2013The food was excellent as was the service. The resturant is situated in a quiet out of the way corner and has an old worldly decor. Overall it is very charming.Special Features:
- I loved this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2013I loved this restaurant! Food was great and the ambiance and decor was great!
- Wonderful ambiance, mouthRuthieDined on 3/9/2013Wonderful ambiance, mouth watering menu, impressive wine list and attentive service. A place you'd like to come with a special someone or nice evening with the girls. This has become one of my favorite spots to dine in San Francisco. Absolutely Superb!Special Features:
- Fantastic on every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Random find on a Friday night and couldn't have been happier. Fixed price four course menu, and the restaurant nailed every single one, for everybody in my party. Service was great as well as the atmosphere. Very reasonably priced with a fantastic French wine list. Highly recommended and will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Give it a chance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/28/2013I was taken back by its location and decor but the food was extremely good.Special Features:
- plaisir françaisritusmartVIPDined on 2/26/2013Love the relaxed feel of this place, small and cozy. Definitely, a secret neighborhood gem. If you want to go to France for food, just go here. Great service. Amazing food. Nice ambiance. Great for a date night. Beware, bit expensive.Special Features:
- We went on a Valentine weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013We went on a Valentine weekend and everything went well. It was a little hyped up as a top romantic spot in SF, but that was a tad disappointing in term of ambiance. However, the meal was very good and the service was attentive.
- Very reasonable, quaint FrenchMarkPVIPDined on 2/16/2013Very reasonable, quaint French restaurant (rare that "reasonable" and "French" come up in the same sentence). Food was good and some good wines as well. Probably could have done without the violin/guitar duo walking among the tables in a very small space.Special Features:
- This is a lovely gem withForgetthis1VIPDined on 2/16/2013This is a lovely gem with wonderful food and a special atmosphere with many pieces of French art works. There's even delightful music. We will go back often.Special Features:
- The food was very good. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2013The food was very good. I would heartily recommend this restaurant as a find in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Excellent French RestaurantdinerTomDined on 2/15/2013Excellent French Restaurant with great ambiance in botique hotel downtown SFSpecial Features:
- The decor and prix fixe menukdrnVIPDined on 2/13/2013The decor and prix fixe menu were excellent. A hidden gem.Special Features:
- What a beautiful, curiouscookieVIPDined on 2/13/2013What a beautiful, curious place, full of J'eanne D'Arc memorabilia, like walking into a fantasy. Very unique! The Food was good, but the Grand Marnier souffle was AMAZING!!!
- Normandy hidden in San Francisco!CaroleWDined on 2/12/2013This is a hidden gem - authentic country Norman fare in an atmostphere where you can hear French spoken by the owner, French ex-pats and francophiles. Check out the very reasonably priced wine list - especially the rose from Handily!Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningJakoboDined on 2/9/2013Absolutely exceptional. The food was perfect, the service attentive and the ambiance superb. We came to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday and she was serenaded by the accordion player with several of her favorite songs. The owner stopped by the table to chat and inquire about our experience. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2013We had a wonderful evening at Jeanne D'Arc! We had just flown in and were rushing from the airport to check in, so we arrived a bit late. Food, ambience and service were great, and the owners were very kind-- even poured us a second glass of wine as a gift. Rack of lamb was fantastic:)Special Features:
- A bit of Paris right in SFGInnyVIPDined on 1/24/2013Located in the basement of a small hotel, but with a feeling of France! Lovely decor. Our waiter was very old San Francisco....attentive and proper, which added to the enjoyment. the food is very good...not fancy inventive California, but classic and well prepared. the wine list is reasonably priced. It is a prix fixe so lots of food. The signature soufflé dessert is yummy. We will return.Special Features:
- Absolutely loved the roomOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2013Absolutely loved the room itself. Food was great, but the server made us feel very hurried.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant in everybobmccullochVIPDined on 1/3/2013Wonderful restaurant in every way. I will start by saying we ateearly on a weeknight so it was only half full (but I nave no reason to believe it would be different on Saturday at prime time). The service was attentive and the food was superb. It truly does give you the sense of being in Paris both in terms of decorations but also the food. It was fixed price (38 as I recall) which provided Soup, choice of two salads and main course which was 6 or 8 - a couple of which had a modest supplement, then desert. Well priced wine list. It is also convenient to the Cable Car lines. I would definitely eat here on my next SF journey.Special Features:
- This place is a great littleFrenchiefortheNightVIPDined on 12/29/2012This place is a great little exodus to France from the hustle & bustle of the Union Square area. The food was very authentic and reasonably priced. It is downstairs in the hotel, so not easily seen from the street.Special Features:
- My group showed up 1.5 hrsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012My group showed up 1.5 hrs earlier than our reservation time and with one fewer person, but we were seated immediately nonetheless. The staff couldn't have been nicer, and dinner was fabulous as expected.Special Features:
- Wonderful, classic FrenchSazeracDined on 12/13/2012Wonderful, classic French cuisine and a prix fixe value. I had soup, a puff pastry appetizer, duck in a bordelaise sauce followed by the best souffle ever. A bottle of St. Emilion from a French negociant was a perfect match at a great QPR. Very attentive wait staff, as well as a solicitous owner in a charming setting. A wonderful evening despite my dining alone. Thank You Jean d'Arc!Special Features:
- The ambiance, food and serviceDrSLDDined on 12/8/2012The ambiance, food and service were absolutely fantastic. Had a lovely bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape that was excellent with the rack of lamb and the lamb shank dinners. The butternut squash soup was delightful and the pear and walnut salad was prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- I looked on Open Table toluv2eatoutDined on 12/8/2012I looked on Open Table to find some place to eat dinner and then walk to a concert at the Masonic Auditorium. I read the reviews and was not disappointed. We had two different salads that were both fantastic, I had the Coquille St. Jacques and my daughter had the salmon - both were wonderful. I had the souffle and my daughter had the trio for dessert and we were both in heaven. Dinner for us both with a split of wine and coffee was just over $100. All the restaurants at teh hotels on Nob Hill or at the Big Five would have been much more. The atmosphere reminded me of some of the restaurants I dined at in Paris over 20 years ago. I would definitely recommend this if you want to eat either near Nob Hill or Union Square.Special Features:
- This is a very sweet smallLarryVIPDined on 11/17/2012This is a very sweet small French restaurant with a friendly staff. The decoration is elaborate "medieval" and the night we were there we were serenaded by a violinist with mostly French songs. The food is "cuisine bourgeoise",there is nothing "nouvelle" about it, and it is well prepared, fresh, and well presented. The restaurant is not easy to find and it is impossible to get the telephone number via 411. (I think this may be because it is in the basement of a hotel.) The prix fixe (and there is only prix fixe) is a great value.Special Features:
- Highly recommended - A great dealjdsbVIPDined on 11/17/2012We discovered this restaurant through Trip Advisor. They have a prix fix menu; four courses for $42. It was the best meal for the price you could possibly get in any city, let alone SF. The squash soup was delicious, and it was a generous serving. The salads were amazing; we all got the half avocado stuffed with shrimp on a bed of greens with baby tomatoes. Again, generous and delicious. There were four of us and we all ordered a different entree. Every entree was of generous portions and cooked to perfection. The food was hot and fresh. They have a true French chef, and the staff who are all French. The gentleman to served us was friendly and attentive. Best deal on great wines.Special Features:
- The menu choices are of theDeliciousandNutritiousVIPDined on 10/19/2012The menu choices are of the most traditional variety but reasonably prepared. The setting is quaint & old fashioned but very pleasant and quiet - a good choice for couples wanting to have a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- great food, we ordered theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2012great food, we ordered the sea bass, lamb shank, and ending with the souffle, very good choice for special romantic occasionsSpecial Features:
- The best "french country"OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2012The best "french country" food I've ever had. Very nice wine list - excellent desert! Family owned "small feel" restaurant - nice and quaint even though it's in a basement!Special Features:
- Perfect for a DateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012Extremely charming and romantic restaurant. Great ambiance and easy to have a conversation. Perfect for a date.Special Features:
- Went because of positive reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2012Went because of positive reviews on Opentable. Quite lovely dining room, great French music. Excellent set menu with very good selection of main courses. Outstanding food and superb service. Souffle to die for. Wines reasonably priced. Enjoyed it so much I went back following night, through Opentable of course!Special Features:
- we enjoyed our special frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012we enjoyed our special french meal to celebrate our 10th anniversary- since we went to Paris for our honeymoon.Special Features:
- Since my girlfriend and IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2012Since my girlfriend and I went at an earlier time for dinner, the ambiance was great and it was mostly couples in a quiet atmosphere. The menu was pre-fixed so the soup and salad, I assume, were already made beforehand. After saying that, the food was still pretty good. The duck breast in mandarin sauce started off weird but after a few more bites, I was accustomed to the flavor and liked it a lot. The decorations were nice and I had an amazing time after all. For a French dinner, it was actually a fast dinner. It only took about an hour and a half.Special Features: