715 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Jeanne D'Arc - Cornell Hotel De France
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantjeannedarc.com/
- Phone: 4154213154
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Bernard Moutal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can close the restaurant to the public for a private party of 50 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Claude Lambert 415-421-3154
- Entertainment: A violonist performs every saturday
- Special Events: Bastille day is the biggest event at Restaurant Jeanne d'Arc with musicians & singers. Also notable: Christmas Eve , New Years Eve & Valentine's day.
Jeanne D'Arc is an elegant yet reasonably priced French restaurant located near Nob Hill and Union Square in the Cornell Hotel de France. Replete with tapestries, stained glass and artifacts, the decor celebrates the life and deeds of France's legendary heroine, Joan of Arc.
Founded by the Lambert family in 1972, the restaurant is a favorite of locals and visitors. Jeanne D'Arc offers a prix fixe menu and a cellar of well chosen California and Frence wines. The restaurant is perfect for before-curtain supper, a gathering of good friends, or romance with conversation.
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- lovely restaurantBarkyboyDined on 10/11/2014Every time we visit San Francisco we make it a point to have dinner here. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. This time we were there on a busy Saturday night but the service was still excellent.Special Features:
- A memorable dining experienceShellyDined on 10/4/2014Jeanne D'Arc - what a wonderful find. Four of us went for the first time and all said we'll be back. The ambience, service and food were exceptional and priced right. Some of the dishes were delightfully unique like the mango, avocado, shrimp salad; all courses were delicious and the presentations were beautiful. The wine list was extensive too. Easily will recommend Jeanne D'Arc to others.Special Features:
- Lovely find...sharonDined on 9/26/2014Lovely, quaint French restaurant away from the maddening crowd. The food, value and service were all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceNDHeelsDined on 9/20/2014Food and wine were very food. Salad was a wonderful start to an excellent meal. Had good bottle of wine suggested by waiter. Don't miss this special little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab French food near Union SquareSkookumguyDined on 9/13/2014What a treat! Our first course was carrot ginger soup. The salads that followed were delightful. I had Assiete de charcuterie that featured duck rillettes, Parma ham, and saucisson a Ail. My wife chose the salads de la reine mere - heirloom tomatoes & mozzarella. Both were fresh, tasty and attractive. We both loved our faux fillets that were cooked perfectly and served with whipped Yukon potatoes, green beans & tomate Provençal. The piping hot grand marnier soufflé was amazing too. The restaurant and hotel are both decorated by the resident artist who is still at work. Great place for a fantastic meal! It made our birthday outing a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little oasisSerrifDined on 9/6/2014In what was otherwise a fairly lack lustre area for restaurants, we ate locally on three occasions, this was a little gem. Maybe a little old fashioned for some tastes, it delivered on the three main fronts, ambience, service and most importantly good food at a reasonable price. Indeed we ate in a much vaunted sea food restaurant on the fourth night, Scoma's and Jeanne D' Arc put it to shame on all fronts apart from location. Well recommended.Special Features:
- Classic FrenchHarrywinoVIPDined on 9/5/2014Jeanne d'Arc is a classic French restaurant. It has a very well-thought out menu. The wine list was fine and keenly priced. The service was excellent. Were we in San Francisco again we would certainly return.Special Features:
- LoveKallmecrackerDined on 8/23/2014Food was amazing. Enterance was different then any other restaurant, unique. Server was hard to understand but was cheerful and made good suggestions. Food was cooked perfectly. And desert was amazing. Lots of wine options. It was a bit loud in the due to the tables being close together and it was a little warm like the ac was not on but it was bareable. Would deffinately recommend to go there on a date. Good prices. I would deffinately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most excellentgoodlife2lewloriDined on 8/16/2014Have been there many, many times. Took special friends to restaurant and they were enchanted.Special Features:
- Great foodPoppyDined on 8/15/2014A great restaurant on the lower level of a boutique hotel. Food and service were wonderful. I do recommend this restaurant and will be back. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFdwtDined on 8/14/2014The food was fabulous Beautiful tapestries and art on walls. This is a special place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placecookieVIPDined on 8/2/2014I love, love, love walking through and dining in your amazingly beautiful restaurant. I've never seen anything like it, and I love France. Our waiter Dan was a joy from beginning to end, what a doll he is! I missed your lamb shank, it wasn't on the menu this time. I ordered the lamb in puff pastry and it was yummy but the broth was poured over the pastry as well as the veggies so the pastry lost it's delicate crunch, which was disappointing. My friend ordered the new york steak and didn't like it very much. My two other friends loved their salmon and scallop dishes, and we all loved the souffle.
- Good food, disappointing atmosphereCltFanDined on 7/31/2014We booked this place based on reviews and a general love of French food but were a bit disappointed. The food was good, not outstanding, had limited choices, but the biggest issue was the atmosphere. Cheesy painted walls and too brightly-lit, mostly empty. We won't be back. On the plus side, service was attentive.
- meowpurrVIPDined on 7/26/2014what a gem! Food was so tasty. fix price for 4 course meal.... well worth the dollars. Great food, Great service, creativity on salad. ie, served in round mold, of course without the mold...sliced mangos, sliced avocados, topped with crab and nice presentation around plate. Yum!Special Features:
- Excellent value and qualitySeattliteDined on 7/25/2014Great find near Union Square hotels. Only a block from our hotel, and the hub-bub of Union Square, but surprisingly quiet, refined, and not crowded. The food was very good to excellent--and four courses for $44 is indeed a bargain. The duck confit and the souffle were especially good. Wines very reasonably priced and good quality. Good place for a romantic dinner. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughNoeDudeVIPDined on 6/28/2014How the hell did we miss this place for the last 30 years? They have been here for 45+ and family run the whole time. Excellent traditional French. Best pre-ACT-play place we've found in over 20 years of being subscribers. Terrific !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel like you are back in FrancebinariounoDined on 6/21/2014Had an enjoyable solo dinner here. French waiters and decor lent to a very pleasant atmosphere. Food was very homey and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 187 reviews are from the Jeanne D'Arc - Cornell Hotel De France reviews archive.
- Great Value - Hidden Gemsunnyside1VIPDined on 6/11/2014We have been going to Jeanne D'Arc for many years. It is really a hidden gem. When you walk down the twisted steps to the restaurant you are transformed to a Paris Bistro. The people are really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Cute LocationchefpaulDined on 5/30/2014Other than "losing" our reservation and therefore forgetting it was our anniversary, everything else was wonderful. The four course prix fix meal was delicious and very reasonable at $44. There is a wide selection of entrees so you can come back many times and have a different meal each time. We did note, though, that there was not a vegetarian selection. The walls are decorated with tapestires and hand painted with flowers and French scenes, making you feel you are in a very different part of the world than the one you walked in from. It is a nice place to come when you want to be able to talk with friends. The service was fine.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant in a Euro flairSPfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Located in the basement of a French-style boutique hotel between Union Square and Nob Hill, this little restaurant is a little gem complete with a hostess (owner?) and waiter with French accents. They serve a prix fixe menu only so be prepared to dine - not eat and run. Very nice experience before the symphony. We were able to hail a cab quite easily outside to make it to Davies Hall in 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local accessNeighborDined on 5/1/2014Entrees were not especially notable, but acceptable. Not crowed during week, but somehow felt rushed. Entrees served quickly, waitstaff almost too attentive. Cleared table faster than necessary as if there was a large crowd waiting for tables, although there were only four tables with customers.
- DynahVIPDined on 4/30/2014The prix fixe was a good value. The soup and the salad were great; the main course was uneventful and over shadowed by the first two, plus we were full by now. and we wanted to save room for the souffle! The souffle was very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always charming!SHOPPER1VIPDined on 4/25/2014This is one of the better secrets in San Francisco with the most charming decor and veteran servers. The menu is 4 courses for $42, which is a major bargain in a big city.Special Features:
- Very special spot1jjenDined on 4/23/2014This reatuarant has been here 47 years for a reasonSpecial Features:
- San Francisco hidden gemclamDined on 4/18/2014Located in the basement of the Cornell Hotel at Powell and Bush is a delightful French restaurant. The fixed price meal comes with many delicious menu options at a bargain price for The City. The Gran Mariner Soufflé is fantastic. The restaurant is quiet and the service is attentive.Special Features:
- I will definitely go backMattVIPDined on 4/12/2014I will definitely go back to this restaurant. It is lovely. They had a violinist playing and the food was great and reasonable priced. You can't get four courses in many places in SF for $44.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the relaxed French ambianceQuirkyDined on 4/10/2014Not the relaxed, French ambiance I was hoping for. I tried to tell the Maitre d' / waiter / bus boy that I had made a reservation but he didn't seem interested. I have never been served four courses so fast. The Maitre d' / waiter / bus boy would practically run to our table with the next course. It was so ridiculous that my friend held onto her rack of lamb bones as to fend the Maitre d' / waiter / bus boy from taking our plates. He must have attempted to clear our dinner plates six times in ten minutes. The food was quite tasty and we ate every bite, but the service was such a turn off I could not recommend this place to anyone, well, unless you are in need of a four course dinner in under an hour.
- Hidden Treasure Near Union SquareLarooDined on 4/10/2014If you're looking for the newest and coolest, this is not the place for you. If you're craving old-school French cuisine without a scene, then this place is perfect. We love this restaurant ... it's like dining in an 18th-century grotto. With its four-course, $44 fixed-price menu and solid, reasonable wine list, it's also a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 3/15/2014The service was really bad! The waiter seems to always be in a rush! and forgets to bring what has been ordered often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A litttle bit of FranceHollyNorthVIPDined on 2/22/2014You feel like you're in France because of the decor and ambience. and the food is good and the prix fixe menu a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quaint restaurant forwayakaDined on 2/20/2014Nice quaint restaurant for a quiet night. A number of two person tables that were not jammed together. Price Fix menu is quite reasonable and the soufflé was wonderful!Special Features:
- Spectacular !BrendaDougVIPDined on 2/15/2014My boyfriend and I came here the Saturday after Valentines Day and enjoyed an amazing 4 course meal. Violin musician made her way around the room playing soft romantic music. Our waiter was top notch. We will come here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, good service,G2LADined on 2/13/2014Amazing food, good service, kinda hot and it was hard to find the restaurant since it is in the basement of a hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Cuisine, Fine ServicesfnativeVIPDined on 2/11/2014We thought every dish perfect. The Rack of Lamb, fresh asparagus, potatoes dauphine? and pear bleu cheese salad were all done to perfection. Grand Marnier Souffle was superior. The service was most attentive in a quaint and charming French ambience.Special Features:
- Classic French, weak wine listFab50Dined on 2/8/2014This is an interesting place, located on the basement level of an old hotel. Lovely murals on the walls, and a refreshingly quiet place. I could actually talk and listen to our group of four without shouting. Very nice. Food is well prepared, if a bit predictable. Menu items are standard french fare. The waitress knew nothing about the wine list, and when she got someone to help her, he turned out to be one of the busboys who knew even less. And they don't have after dinner wines, like muscat or port, which I found odd for a French restaurant. Best part was the quiet. Good romantic place to have decent french food.Special Features:
- Nice setting; food just okayRoseVIPDined on 2/7/2014Basement setting is very romantic but the prix fixe dinner felt rushed and pre-prepared. Desserts were spectacular especially an orange soufflé. Waiters very attentive but in a hurry. Reasonable for SF.
- Very disappointedKaf2Dined on 1/31/2014The meal started out great-the bread and soup were outstanding. The salad was ok but the entree tasted like banquet food and we had fillets! There wasn't an escargo on the menu and my daughter and I decided that if the restaurant hadn't been so well decorated, we wouldn't have known we were In a French restaurant. Plain green beans and carrots with no sauce....very disappointing.
- Amazing .... Hidden gem for sure!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014The bartender at Buena vista recommended this hidden gem and I was blown away! Delicious food great wine and perfect service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKLeeLDined on 1/18/2014The wine list was quite limited, the service average... they were clearly understaffed. The food was OK, but the vegetables overcooked and nothing special. Rabbit could have been chicken, but was inoffensive. Lamb shank was properly done. Desserts were nothing special. The restaurant is more about fake ambiance than it is about being a true culinary experience.
- Outstanding evening!blindradDined on 1/15/2014Excellent food, quiet, charming ambiance. Great choice for downtown dining. Charming owner on site. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.