713 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jrtable.com/
- Phone: 5136214777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: Closed
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
We will be closed Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Japanese, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Robert de Cavel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Jean-Robert's Table
French Master Chef Jean-Robert de Cavel welcomes you to his urban restaurant serving contemporary food and drink rooted in tradition. Located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati at 7th and Vine Streets, Jean-Robert’s Table is just blocks from Cincinnati’s Fountain Square, major hotels and the Aronoff Center for the Arts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jean-Robert's Table - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jean-Robert's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (192)special occasion (181)notable wine list (121)romantic (118)neighborhood gem (74)great for lunch (47)hot spot (42)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (12)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food!skayDined on 9/27/2014The halibut, a special on the night I was there, was divine! Tender, moist, a delicate sauce -- a memorable culinary experience!Special Features:
- whl3Dined on 9/27/2014Friendly staff, attentive service, and the best food and menu in Cincinnati!Special Features:
- Wonderful!foodwisdomDined on 9/26/2014For an amazing food experience, with excellent beverage offerings and fabulous service, this is the place. The most comfortable fine dining experience around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total ProOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Years ago, I had the great good fortune of dining at both the Maisonette and Pigall's. This past weekend we were visiting Cincinnati, and wanted to try Jean-Robert's current restaurant. Once again, he has created a delightful dining experience. Every aspect of the evening was flawless: a warm & cordial welcome; pleasant, knowledgeable wait staff; outstanding food paired with wonderful wines. We were never rushed, and the goodbyes felt like we were leaving the home of a friend rather than a commercial establishment. We all agreed the evening could not have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014JR's is always reliable but not as imaginative as many of the similar (upscale) restaurants downtown. Our selections had perhaps one too many elements. Simplicity + elegance + innovation is a better combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great place!Akm122VIPDined on 9/24/2014We really enjoyed Jean-Robert's Table. Even though we came with two kids, picky eaters, a vegetarian-we were all thrilled. There was a trip playing French music, which was fantastic and our server was amazing. Only complaint is that the hostess wasn't very warm or welcoming, at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!michellefoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was wonderful as always! One of my favorite places to eat in Cincinnati! Chef can tailor your meal to any allergy, or food aversion. It's absolutely wonderful from beginning to end!Special Features:
- Jean Robert's Table AmazescvgdinerDined on 9/20/2014Jean Robert is one of the best chefs in Cincinnati, and the Table never fails to impress. great setting, great ambience, great food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as usualSJD1VIPDined on 9/19/2014We are never dissapointed when I go to the Table. For the second time I had the Cincinnati Reds' salad, my husband the seared foie gras, Then I had the vol au vent (to die for), my husband the duck and our friends had the scallops and the lamb. The plates were all cleaned out and we even kept room for dessert. The duo of chocolate mousse is supreme. Our waiter was as usual very knowledgeable, attentive but not overwhelming. Another homerun! Thanks JR and your teamSpecial Features:
- Serving a party of 1212wineanddineDined on 9/17/2014We had twelve people on a Wed evening. Everything was perfect -- the server, the food, the wine and Jean Robert came out and spoke to us. The food was superb and we will be back hopefully sooner vs. later. Don't save it for a special occasion. It was not overly pricey but the flavor of the different foods was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Robert high standardsGoodWineFairFoodDined on 9/15/2014Best food consistently in Cincinnati; the menu changes frequently, and the 4 course price fix menu was perfect...right price for quality / outstanding overall!!!Special Features:
- Lesley MarshRunbakerDined on 9/15/2014Our service and food was excellent, I have already told several people about The Table. We went for lunch, now I would like to try dinner. I have food allergies, and they were happy to accommodate me.Special Features:
- wonderful choicebobkVIPDined on 9/12/2014first time visiting Cincinnati and found Jean Roberts to be a great find. very accomodating as I added 2 to teh party at the last second. Food and service was fantastic. absolutely loved the specials they offered, although I wished they didnt run out of the soft shell crab. all the choices were wonderful. our server was very attentive and provided great guidance to us. A great place to visit and enjoy.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/12/2014What a delight to have Jean Robert in Cincinnati! Last Friday we had Fois Gras followed by soft shell crabs. The fois gras was amazing. Delicious with many layered complex and complimentary flavors. The crab was an entirely different melody and equally tasty. The wine list is interesting and our pinot noir was an enhancement to the evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Café Fleuri is not the restaurant that we dined at .
- YUM!luluDined on 9/11/2014My sister and I had dinner before going to a play. We were asked if we were going to a show and they made sure our dinner was timely. We were not rushed to leave (unlike another restaurant downtown). The food and wine were fantastic, I had the softshell crab, it was perfect! Our server was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary MemoryFredDined on 9/10/2014Awesome meal. We had the 4 course meal with wines paired. Service was excellent. Live French music made for great ambiance. It was a great evening for our 25th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Great food, in every dish we see inventive approach of JPR .
- My first visit and I'll be back!Ann54Dined on 9/10/2014One of my friends was moving and I was looking for a special place for a going away lunch that had delicious food and a great atmosphere. We were not disappointed. The food was wonderful, and I loved the fact the tables had linen tablecloths and napkins - for lunch! The decor was lovely with interesting artwork on the walls. The restaurant was full for lunch (on a Wednesday) but was not noisy at all. I will most certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Great food. A bit expensive, but the service was excellent. I will return.Special Features:
- A Cincinnati MUST DOOutofthehillsDined on 9/8/2014For starters our table enjoyed the special Cincinnati Reds Lobster Salad - all red ingredients - lobster, radish, lettuce, cabbage - with a light dressing. Light and tasty. Also enjoyed the mussels 3 ways and traditional escargot. Did not disappoint, classic preparation. But the first course show stopper was the bread!!! Light, crunchy, chewy. Worth the visit alone and makes me pity the low carb, gluten free dieters out there. Main courses were skate, duck, and scallops. Nothing was missed in these preparations as flavors built upon one another in a subtle and complimentary way. The staff was very generous with their time, nothing rushed, and helpful with excellent wine pairings. Worth going to Cincinnati for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!g8tserviceDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Jean-Robert's Table! Our dinner was wonderful and our server, Steven was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Robert's Table is greatjerryVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati. The food is wonderful the service great and the ambience is inviting. The specials for the evening were delightful. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation now and enjoy.Special Features:
- Terrific!hamiltondinerDined on 9/6/2014Jean Robert's Table is everything you expect in fine dining. There were 3 of us and every raved about their meal. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingAvRNewportVIPDined on 9/5/2014Every visit to JR's Table is delightful and tasty. The number of seasonal specials that he adds to the regular menu always blows my mind - making each visit unique. The service and staples such as the wine list and hot crusty bread never disappoint. A visit from the chef is also so nice and unexpected. Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- SuperbdiningcincinnatiDined on 9/5/2014If you want superb food and service at a reasonable price in a non-pretentious but warm setting, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotmikeVIPDined on 9/5/2014the food and service were fine but the restaurant was hot...i dont mean this in the good way...the temperature was off the charts making the experience far less enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualSJD1VIPDined on 9/5/2014I went with a girlfriend for her birthday lunch. As usual good food, attentive but not overwhelming service. Nothing to say except that for those like me who tend to go if not frequently but at least on a regular basis, would be nice to have a renewed menu once in a while. ThanksSpecial Features:
- First Time Shopper at Table4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 9/4/2014We will all go back. Service was professional and on target. Food presentation was incredible and appetizing. Food taste and preparation was perfection. The variety and price for value was excellent. Keep it up Jean-Robert.Special Features:
- anonymousDined on 9/2/2014The food is top notch with a wine selection that complments it wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigeddieDined on 9/2/2014Food great. Restaurant attractive. Parking terrible. The parking attendant was ready to ticket anyone 1 minute late. Told us we needed to be there earlier and we still had 3 min. left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealfozzyDined on 8/30/2014Despite being slammed and our table not being ready right when we walked in (taken care of quickly) - this was an outstanding meal. Delicious and creative food with wonderful service in a fine setting. Thoroughly enjoyed eating here Did I mention the food was Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Special FoodSullmeisterDined on 8/30/2014Many excellent dishes on the menu. Exceptional starters, and a variety of main dishes, some of which will interest almost anyone. Several specials, als with enough variety to appeal to varied tastes. Many dishes using top-end ingredients. Excellent, if somewhat esoteric, wine list. It pays to ask questions of the servers, who know the menu and wine list very well. The ambiance is somewhat more casual and crowded than I regard as ideal. I know the neighborhood well and feel comfortable there, but a first-timer might not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- puppyDined on 8/30/2014We love the restaurant but this time the food was not as good. I ordered the hamburger and the sauce that is my favorite was way too spicy! We chose a bottle of the house red and it had a bit of a kick. A little disappointing! The fois gras hot appetizer was very overpriced at $23. We will be back, however, we were not so happy with our meal overall! Usually it's a 10!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Extremely pleasant experience from start to finish. We arrived early and they accmodated us quickly. The service was probably the best we have ever had. The food was fantastic. We will be back, and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annivesary dinnerJtrooVIPDined on 8/29/2014Had our annivesary dinner here. We had to wait for our table at 8pm but it wasn't too long. Started out with some cocktails that were pretty good. The bread at the table was delicious and nicely grilled. We had the rabbit duo and beet salad special and for entrees, the skate wing and lamb chops special. It was all delicious but the lamb chops were pretty pricey for the small portion. We had the chocolate macadamia tart for dessert. Service was spot on. It was pretty hopping still when we left. Might be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The overall experience was very positive. The waiter made a couple of minor mistakes -- he explained the menu and specials at great length but then hurried off without taking our drink orders, so we had to wave our arms to attract someone's attention. When my lamb chops arrived, they were simply too meaty to cut without a steak knife -- but again, he had hurried off without considering that, so I had to wave my arms to attract someone's attention. But other than that, the food was excellent, the service smooth. We would certainly go back.
- WonderfulStepnoutDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I were referred to this restaurant by a friend, and he raved about it. He was spot on. The ambiance was relaxed and very friendly, the entire service and wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and the food was spectacular! We shared a delicate soft shell crab, my wife had scallops, and I had the rack of lamb. We both agreed it was the best meal we have had in a long time. Our taste buds were in ecstasy with every bite. We recommend it wholeheartedly. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great French, impeccable serviceJu1244Dined on 8/27/2014Great French Fare, served by an impeccable wait staff in a room that is one step up from a Dennys. Silly booths that seat 4 very slim to be avoided at all costs. Surely he can find a better space...and leave behind the bird-people art as well.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014A very flavorful and colorful menu and everything was superb. Can't wait to go back. The lamb special that night was exceptional. It was our Anniversary and the dessert that Chef sent out was sinfully good. The two of us could not finish it. The only thing a little slow was the bar service.,Special Features: