713 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jrtable.com/
- Phone: 5136214777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: Closed
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
We will be closed Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Japanese, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Robert de Cavel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Jean-Robert's Table
French Master Chef Jean-Robert de Cavel welcomes you to his urban restaurant serving contemporary food and drink rooted in tradition. Located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati at 7th and Vine Streets, Jean-Robert’s Table is just blocks from Cincinnati’s Fountain Square, major hotels and the Aronoff Center for the Arts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jean-Robert's Table - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jean-Robert's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (178)special occasion (170)romantic (122)notable wine list (122)neighborhood gem (76)great for lunch (50)hot spot (44)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (13)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceAdventure0077Dined on 10/28/2014My dining companion and I were very impressed with our dinner and service recently. The waiter thoroughly explained each menu item and was knowledgeable about both the food and wine. We both felt so cared by all the staff including the hostess and this made our very first visit to the restaurant memorable with the hope to return again soon.Special Features:
- John FahertyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Everything was delicious. Like, every bite of every plate. Perfect.Special Features:
- Love this place!CinciVisitorDined on 10/25/2014I always dine here when I visit Cincinnati. The chef is wonderful and the food is just so delicious. I try something different on every visit, but my favorite is the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014It's hard to find good French food outside of France, and this place is on target. The service was fantastic, with a professional wait staff who can describe all the dishes in detail. Will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerjoeyDined on 10/24/2014The service was outstanding and the food very good. our server was great as was his supporting cast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Robert does not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent service, knowledgeable staff with unique flavor profiles. Also, possibly the best espresso in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRENCHDined on 10/18/2014I LOVE THIS PLACE. I BEEN A FRIEND OF THE CHIEF'S SENCE HE CAME TO THE CITY. MARY LOU AND MY SERVER ANN ARE TOP. ENJOY EVERY MEAL FOOD GREAT ONLY FRENCH PLACE AROUND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Has Been Too LongWinkVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife an I often go to J-R's Table for lunch for the amazing French lunch tray. We brought a party of 8 for dinner last Saturday. All I can say is "wow". The food was excellent. The service was freakishly good. Their wine list is full of good values. We had a wonderful time and kept wondering why it has been so long since we came for dinner. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedGicsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Dine out a lot in Cincinnati and keep trying to like this place but the hype just doesn't live up to the quality. At least a 6 or 7 better options in town. Unfortunately this time not only was the food mediocre but the service was very lackluster. After being seated - took 10 minutes for waiter to finally stop by. Then when brining the appetizer he spilled a water glass. Worked hard to clean it up but never apologized - when asked by a co-worker if she could help he simply complained about the awful night he was having - he seemed much more concerned about his bad night then my wet shirt.
- Star shines bright!EuroFoodieDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I had loved Pigalle's and JeanRobert's Vietnamese restaurant in Covington and considered them the best in the Cincinnati area. We now regard "Table" as following in that tradition - outstanding food, wine and service in nice ambience. Our server Christopher was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyDined on 10/10/2014It is always fun night at The Table, the food is GREAT. The people that work there are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!healthnutDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I have eaten at Table a few times now and have never been disappointed! The food is absolutely delicious and always perfectly executed. The mac and cheese is addictive. The service is impeccable and the staff is knowledgeable and very accommodating. We have made reservations a couple of times, but we have also popped in without a reservation and have been able to dine at one of the high top tables in the bar. The service was still exceptional.Special Features:
- PerfectionMarionVIPDined on 10/4/2014I can't believe I waited this long to come to Jean Roberts table. Loved the atmosphere! The food was amazing, I had the feature foie gras and the salmon wrapped in bacon. My husband had the surf and turf tartar and the 3 little pigs. All were very creative dishes that I have not had before. Loved this restaurant enough to book another reservation already.Special Features:
- The best food everBoybearDined on 10/4/2014Rarely would I rate a restaurant this high. The food is unbelievable! Fresh ingredients with just the right garnishes. Don't forget one of their wonderful desserts. Can't beat the service.Special Features:
- Annual Traditionnanw12VIPDined on 10/1/2014My friend and I celebrate our birthdays every year here. It's an excellent place to enjoy a glass of wine or two, delicious food, and a great friendship.Special Features:
- SuperbbuckVIPDined on 9/30/2014Consistently the best in the City. Wonderful in every way. Knowledgeable attentive service and a fabulous meal paired with a great wine -- what more can one ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!skayDined on 9/27/2014The halibut, a special on the night I was there, was divine! Tender, moist, a delicate sauce -- a memorable culinary experience!Special Features:
- whl3Dined on 9/27/2014Friendly staff, attentive service, and the best food and menu in Cincinnati!Special Features:
- Wonderful!foodwisdomDined on 9/26/2014For an amazing food experience, with excellent beverage offerings and fabulous service, this is the place. The most comfortable fine dining experience around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total PromothershipDined on 9/26/2014Years ago, I had the great good fortune of dining at both the Maisonette and Pigall's. This past weekend we were visiting Cincinnati, and wanted to try Jean-Robert's current restaurant. Once again, he has created a delightful dining experience. Every aspect of the evening was flawless: a warm & cordial welcome; pleasant, knowledgeable wait staff; outstanding food paired with wonderful wines. We were never rushed, and the goodbyes felt like we were leaving the home of a friend rather than a commercial establishment. We all agreed the evening could not have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014JR's is always reliable but not as imaginative as many of the similar (upscale) restaurants downtown. Our selections had perhaps one too many elements. Simplicity + elegance + innovation is a better combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great place!Akm122VIPDined on 9/24/2014We really enjoyed Jean-Robert's Table. Even though we came with two kids, picky eaters, a vegetarian-we were all thrilled. There was a trip playing French music, which was fantastic and our server was amazing. Only complaint is that the hostess wasn't very warm or welcoming, at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!michellefoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was wonderful as always! One of my favorite places to eat in Cincinnati! Chef can tailor your meal to any allergy, or food aversion. It's absolutely wonderful from beginning to end!Special Features:
- Jean Robert's Table AmazescvgdinerDined on 9/20/2014Jean Robert is one of the best chefs in Cincinnati, and the Table never fails to impress. great setting, great ambience, great food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as usualSJD1VIPDined on 9/19/2014We are never dissapointed when I go to the Table. For the second time I had the Cincinnati Reds' salad, my husband the seared foie gras, Then I had the vol au vent (to die for), my husband the duck and our friends had the scallops and the lamb. The plates were all cleaned out and we even kept room for dessert. The duo of chocolate mousse is supreme. Our waiter was as usual very knowledgeable, attentive but not overwhelming. Another homerun! Thanks JR and your teamSpecial Features:
- Serving a party of 1212wineanddineDined on 9/17/2014We had twelve people on a Wed evening. Everything was perfect -- the server, the food, the wine and Jean Robert came out and spoke to us. The food was superb and we will be back hopefully sooner vs. later. Don't save it for a special occasion. It was not overly pricey but the flavor of the different foods was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Robert high standardsGoodWineFairFoodDined on 9/15/2014Best food consistently in Cincinnati; the menu changes frequently, and the 4 course price fix menu was perfect...right price for quality / outstanding overall!!!Special Features:
- Lesley MarshRunbakerDined on 9/15/2014Our service and food was excellent, I have already told several people about The Table. We went for lunch, now I would like to try dinner. I have food allergies, and they were happy to accommodate me.Special Features:
- wonderful choicebobkVIPDined on 9/12/2014first time visiting Cincinnati and found Jean Roberts to be a great find. very accomodating as I added 2 to teh party at the last second. Food and service was fantastic. absolutely loved the specials they offered, although I wished they didnt run out of the soft shell crab. all the choices were wonderful. our server was very attentive and provided great guidance to us. A great place to visit and enjoy.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/12/2014What a delight to have Jean Robert in Cincinnati! Last Friday we had Fois Gras followed by soft shell crabs. The fois gras was amazing. Delicious with many layered complex and complimentary flavors. The crab was an entirely different melody and equally tasty. The wine list is interesting and our pinot noir was an enhancement to the evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Café Fleuri is not the restaurant that we dined at .
- YUM!luluDined on 9/11/2014My sister and I had dinner before going to a play. We were asked if we were going to a show and they made sure our dinner was timely. We were not rushed to leave (unlike another restaurant downtown). The food and wine were fantastic, I had the softshell crab, it was perfect! Our server was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary MemoryFredDined on 9/10/2014Awesome meal. We had the 4 course meal with wines paired. Service was excellent. Live French music made for great ambiance. It was a great evening for our 25th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Great food, in every dish we see inventive approach of JPR .
- My first visit and I'll be back!Ann54Dined on 9/10/2014One of my friends was moving and I was looking for a special place for a going away lunch that had delicious food and a great atmosphere. We were not disappointed. The food was wonderful, and I loved the fact the tables had linen tablecloths and napkins - for lunch! The decor was lovely with interesting artwork on the walls. The restaurant was full for lunch (on a Wednesday) but was not noisy at all. I will most certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Great food. A bit expensive, but the service was excellent. I will return.Special Features:
- A Cincinnati MUST DOOutofthehillsDined on 9/8/2014For starters our table enjoyed the special Cincinnati Reds Lobster Salad - all red ingredients - lobster, radish, lettuce, cabbage - with a light dressing. Light and tasty. Also enjoyed the mussels 3 ways and traditional escargot. Did not disappoint, classic preparation. But the first course show stopper was the bread!!! Light, crunchy, chewy. Worth the visit alone and makes me pity the low carb, gluten free dieters out there. Main courses were skate, duck, and scallops. Nothing was missed in these preparations as flavors built upon one another in a subtle and complimentary way. The staff was very generous with their time, nothing rushed, and helpful with excellent wine pairings. Worth going to Cincinnati for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!g8tserviceDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Jean-Robert's Table! Our dinner was wonderful and our server, Steven was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Robert's Table is greatjerryVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati. The food is wonderful the service great and the ambience is inviting. The specials for the evening were delightful. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation now and enjoy.Special Features:
- Terrific!hamiltondinerDined on 9/6/2014Jean Robert's Table is everything you expect in fine dining. There were 3 of us and every raved about their meal. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features: