713 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jrtable.com/
- Phone: (513) 621-4777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: Closed
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
We will be closed Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Japanese, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Robert de Cavel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Jean-Robert's Table
French Master Chef Jean-Robert de Cavel welcomes you to his urban restaurant serving contemporary food and drink rooted in tradition. Located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati at 7th and Vine Streets, Jean-Robert’s Table is just blocks from Cincinnati’s Fountain Square, major hotels and the Aronoff Center for the Arts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jean-Robert's Table - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jean-Robert's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (180)special occasion (169)notable wine list (120)romantic (115)neighborhood gem (74)great for lunch (54)hot spot (45)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (14)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best Restaurant Meal in DecadesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014I've lived in many different places in the US and Europe and had many a restaurant experience. I've also managed a four diamond restaurant in my time. I've had some really memorable meals but this one took the cake. More often than not, I prefer to stay at home and cook because I'm more satisfied with the food. I couldn't not have been more pleased with dinner at JR's Table. The lobster appetizer was a lesson in layered flavors and textures. The Venison loin was done perfectly and spectactularly finished with flavors of cranberry and plum. The wine list is amazing. Our waiter new exactly what he was doing and new the menu and drinks backwards and forward. And Jeannie is the best bartender around! Loved it Jean-Robert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014We were a group of 5 people for a birthday celebration. Our server, Jason, was polite, friendly and very knowledgeable including the many specials of the day. He knew the wine list well, too. The food was, as always, superb. Seafood, artic chard and skate were soft and delicious. Filet mignon melted in your mouth. They came with excellent sauces. Two of us took the 4 course specialand they were very peased with it. Presentation was excellent. Thank you for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2014The food and the atmosphere at this restaurant are always superb. Fine food served with style but without an attitude. Highly recommended, for lunch or for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014I took my wife here this past Saturday night for her birthday and it could not have been a better choice. The waiter was incredibly knowledgable and answered all my wife's questions regarding the dishes (she's a vegetarian and allergic to mushrooms). He made sure to ask if we were heading to a show or other event that evening (we were) so he could alert the kitchen to make sure we were out on time and didn't miss the show. The food was impeccable and both my wife and I walked away extremely satisfied. It could not have been a better experience. It might be on the pricey side for just a regular night out, but for special occasions or if you just want to impress someone you can't go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BESTHappyVIPDined on 11/21/2014One of THE best restaurants in Cincinnati. They make you feel special from the moment you walk in the door. Service is professional from the hostess to wait staff to the chefff, food is exquisite and atmosphere is cozy. If you have not been, you must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant findEdwardVIPDined on 11/19/2014I ordered the prix fix dinner with the wine pairing. All the food was outstanding, and the wines were a great match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday!EnjoyableVIPDined on 11/17/2014We celebrated my birthday with the November 4 Course menu and wine pairing. Delicious dinner and perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect dining experience.MusicalHeartDined on 11/14/2014You can't go wrong eating at Jean-Robert's Table! The food is amazing and delicious! It's the perfect place to eat some of the finest food in Cincinnati and the service is truly one of the best! Jean-Robert's Table is definitely a wonderful Cincinnati treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!BluepalauDined on 11/10/2014Diverse, cutting edge menu- frog legs, escargot, duck, deer and black truffles all with amazing use of winter vegetables. Flowers chard and Foley Meritage- need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had a fantastic dinner celebrating a special occasion. The food was wonderful and the waiter was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and i came here for my 30th birthday from Toledo. I am a vegetarian, and was concerned i would be disappointed with the vegetarian entree option, but i was happily surprised with the beautiful dish i received. It was all in all a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreIlike2eatDined on 11/1/2014Great cocktails & a well-balanced appetizer (we had fall ravioli). We wanted some French comfort food & so we selected the burger & frites (just ok, frites were limp & soggy) & I had the croque Monsieur (which I've had in numerous restaurants across the globe) & it was a greasy unfavorable mess & the accompanying chicken liver was a piece of rubber. If they can't perfect basic French staples, they need to be removed from the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodSteveLDined on 10/29/2014My pepper-corn rolled filet mignon with its demi-sauce was superb! My wife's sea scallops were delicious, also! The wine selection is also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CITY SPECIALDiningOutVIPDined on 10/29/2014Travel for business and enjoy trying new places. Service was spot on. Tried everything from the escargo appetizer, Bengals salad, Flounder entree and stellar dessert. The only comment is that the french press coffee should have brewed a little longer. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceAdventure0077Dined on 10/28/2014My dining companion and I were very impressed with our dinner and service recently. The waiter thoroughly explained each menu item and was knowledgeable about both the food and wine. We both felt so cared by all the staff including the hostess and this made our very first visit to the restaurant memorable with the hope to return again soon.Special Features:
- John FahertyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Everything was delicious. Like, every bite of every plate. Perfect.Special Features:
- Love this place!CinciVisitorDined on 10/25/2014I always dine here when I visit Cincinnati. The chef is wonderful and the food is just so delicious. I try something different on every visit, but my favorite is the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French foodLove2eatDined on 10/24/2014It's hard to find good French food outside of France, and this place is on target. The service was fantastic, with a professional wait staff who can describe all the dishes in detail. Will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerjoeyDined on 10/24/2014The service was outstanding and the food very good. our server was great as was his supporting cast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchLauraVIPDined on 10/23/2014Lunch at Jean-Robert's Table was outstanding . Hands down, the best mushroom soup I have ever tasted. The bread is perfect, the salad delicious. The service was good and he was there when we needed him but he did not hover over the table. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Robert does not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent service, knowledgeable staff with unique flavor profiles. Also, possibly the best espresso in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRENCHDined on 10/18/2014I LOVE THIS PLACE. I BEEN A FRIEND OF THE CHIEF'S SENCE HE CAME TO THE CITY. MARY LOU AND MY SERVER ANN ARE TOP. ENJOY EVERY MEAL FOOD GREAT ONLY FRENCH PLACE AROUND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Has Been Too LongWinkVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife an I often go to J-R's Table for lunch for the amazing French lunch tray. We brought a party of 8 for dinner last Saturday. All I can say is "wow". The food was excellent. The service was freakishly good. Their wine list is full of good values. We had a wonderful time and kept wondering why it has been so long since we came for dinner. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedGicsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Dine out a lot in Cincinnati and keep trying to like this place but the hype just doesn't live up to the quality. At least a 6 or 7 better options in town. Unfortunately this time not only was the food mediocre but the service was very lackluster. After being seated - took 10 minutes for waiter to finally stop by. Then when brining the appetizer he spilled a water glass. Worked hard to clean it up but never apologized - when asked by a co-worker if she could help he simply complained about the awful night he was having - he seemed much more concerned about his bad night then my wet shirt.
- Star shines bright!EuroFoodieDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I had loved Pigalle's and JeanRobert's Vietnamese restaurant in Covington and considered them the best in the Cincinnati area. We now regard "Table" as following in that tradition - outstanding food, wine and service in nice ambience. Our server Christopher was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyDined on 10/10/2014It is always fun night at The Table, the food is GREAT. The people that work there are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!healthnutDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I have eaten at Table a few times now and have never been disappointed! The food is absolutely delicious and always perfectly executed. The mac and cheese is addictive. The service is impeccable and the staff is knowledgeable and very accommodating. We have made reservations a couple of times, but we have also popped in without a reservation and have been able to dine at one of the high top tables in the bar. The service was still exceptional.Special Features:
- PerfectionMarionVIPDined on 10/4/2014I can't believe I waited this long to come to Jean Roberts table. Loved the atmosphere! The food was amazing, I had the feature foie gras and the salmon wrapped in bacon. My husband had the surf and turf tartar and the 3 little pigs. All were very creative dishes that I have not had before. Loved this restaurant enough to book another reservation already.Special Features:
- The best food everBoybearVIPDined on 10/4/2014Rarely would I rate a restaurant this high. The food is unbelievable! Fresh ingredients with just the right garnishes. Don't forget one of their wonderful desserts. Can't beat the service.Special Features:
- Annual Traditionnanw12VIPDined on 10/1/2014My friend and I celebrate our birthdays every year here. It's an excellent place to enjoy a glass of wine or two, delicious food, and a great friendship.Special Features:
- SuperbbuckVIPDined on 9/30/2014Consistently the best in the City. Wonderful in every way. Knowledgeable attentive service and a fabulous meal paired with a great wine -- what more can one ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!skayDined on 9/27/2014The halibut, a special on the night I was there, was divine! Tender, moist, a delicate sauce -- a memorable culinary experience!Special Features:
- whl3Dined on 9/27/2014Friendly staff, attentive service, and the best food and menu in Cincinnati!Special Features:
- Wonderful!foodwisdomDined on 9/26/2014For an amazing food experience, with excellent beverage offerings and fabulous service, this is the place. The most comfortable fine dining experience around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total PromothershipDined on 9/26/2014Years ago, I had the great good fortune of dining at both the Maisonette and Pigall's. This past weekend we were visiting Cincinnati, and wanted to try Jean-Robert's current restaurant. Once again, he has created a delightful dining experience. Every aspect of the evening was flawless: a warm & cordial welcome; pleasant, knowledgeable wait staff; outstanding food paired with wonderful wines. We were never rushed, and the goodbyes felt like we were leaving the home of a friend rather than a commercial establishment. We all agreed the evening could not have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014JR's is always reliable but not as imaginative as many of the similar (upscale) restaurants downtown. Our selections had perhaps one too many elements. Simplicity + elegance + innovation is a better combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great place!Akm122VIPDined on 9/24/2014We really enjoyed Jean-Robert's Table. Even though we came with two kids, picky eaters, a vegetarian-we were all thrilled. There was a trip playing French music, which was fantastic and our server was amazing. Only complaint is that the hostess wasn't very warm or welcoming, at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!michellefoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was wonderful as always! One of my favorite places to eat in Cincinnati! Chef can tailor your meal to any allergy, or food aversion. It's absolutely wonderful from beginning to end!Special Features:
- Jean Robert's Table AmazescvgdinerDined on 9/20/2014Jean Robert is one of the best chefs in Cincinnati, and the Table never fails to impress. great setting, great ambience, great food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as usualSJD1VIPDined on 9/19/2014We are never dissapointed when I go to the Table. For the second time I had the Cincinnati Reds' salad, my husband the seared foie gras, Then I had the vol au vent (to die for), my husband the duck and our friends had the scallops and the lamb. The plates were all cleaned out and we even kept room for dessert. The duo of chocolate mousse is supreme. Our waiter was as usual very knowledgeable, attentive but not overwhelming. Another homerun! Thanks JR and your teamSpecial Features: