713 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jrtable.com/
- Phone: 5136214777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: Closed
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
We will be closed Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Japanese, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Robert de Cavel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Jean-Robert's Table
French Master Chef Jean-Robert de Cavel welcomes you to his urban restaurant serving contemporary food and drink rooted in tradition. Located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati at 7th and Vine Streets, Jean-Robert’s Table is just blocks from Cincinnati’s Fountain Square, major hotels and the Aronoff Center for the Arts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jean-Robert's Table - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Jean-Robert's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (179)special occasion (169)romantic (103)notable wine list (102)neighborhood gem (64)great for lunch (40)hot spot (36)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014A very flavorful and colorful menu and everything was superb. Can't wait to go back. The lamb special that night was exceptional. It was our Anniversary and the dessert that Chef sent out was sinfully good. The two of us could not finish it. The only thing a little slow was the bar service.,Special Features:
- Always good....TrevorVIPDined on 8/23/2014Jean-Robert never disappoints when it comes to his famous French food. Our waiter had a bit of an attitude but the overall experience was great. I would recommend the skate dish, it was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!MertyDined on 8/23/2014The Staff was wonderful. I was especially impressed with the wine pairing our server Jim recommended with their Lamb Special. He described it perfectly. This was my wife's birthday and everything was amazing. This may become our Go-To place.Special Features:
- Eclectic atmosphere, great food!AandBClevelandDined on 8/22/2014This is a charming, fun restaurant with thoughtful service and wonderful food. The crowd at the bar is delightful, and we noticed many "regulars," not only at the bar but in the restaurant, a good sign in our opinion. They do not rush you at all, but invite you to linger and take your time. The escargot appetizer and our duck and halibut entrees were nearly perfect. My husband and I stayed at 21c downtown, and this is an easy 3-min. walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!yumyumDined on 8/22/2014The food and service at Jean-Robert's Table are outstanding. You will not find food like this anywhere else in the city. Exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FleaDined on 8/22/2014very warm the ac was spotty for the $$$ you spend. Wine list was excellent and the server well versed in wineSpecial Features:
- BeauDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed our time at Jean-Robert's. The restaurant is very well laid out with the seating being private, yet you are able to enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant. The restaurant has beautiful brickwork and interesting local art. The menu was varied with many items I had never seen before, such as the skate; and there were many specials (nine), all of which looked interesting. My wife and I both enjoyed our meals, each of which were cooked to perfection. Further, the wine list had a wonderful slection. I would reccomend Jean-Robert's Table to anyone looking for a good time and a great meal.Special Features:
- Family loved Jean-Robert's TableblanternDined on 8/20/2014My brother from Sonoma County, Calif., had heard me talk about Cincinnati's Jean-Robert's Table so much that he took us there to cap off a weeklong visit. He was impressed with the food, service and the affordability of the meal (these were not Wine Country or San Francisco prices, he remarked). The Vol au Vent of Lobster starter was terrific and the duck breast was perfectly cooked and just the right portion. My brother and daughter said they'd never had a better creme brulee.Special Features:
- great dinnerstumanDined on 8/20/2014Food and service were outstanding. Chef's starters were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimjoanDined on 8/20/2014We ate at Jean-Robert's a year ago, and just recently had dinner there to celebrate my birthday. It won't be a year between visits now; it was so good.Special Features:
- Love JR's TableEnjoyableVIPDined on 8/20/2014Always a great place to enjoy an excellent meal in a lovely setting. The escargot appetizer and the blue cheese encrusted filet were fabulous!Special Features:
- 4 course prix fixe a a hitMaineladyDined on 8/20/20146 of us dined at Jean-Robert's Table. Only two of us opted for the 4 courses, 2 for 3 courses, 2 for 2 courses. I imagine the kitchen would have preferred otherwise, but they made it work for us and our evening was delightful. Service was impeccable. Of course, every course was a standout--2, 3, or 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price Fix menusycamoresalDined on 8/18/2014A wonderful selection for the August celebration of Jean Robert in Cincinnati.Special Features:
- FantasticCLMUDined on 8/16/2014Perfect restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere was relaxed but classy, the service was spot-on, and the food was out of this world. We had been to Jean Robert's former restaurant and loved it, but this was even better because of the relaxed atmosphere. We loved it, and will be back.Special Features:
- ALWAYSFoodiedDined on 8/16/2014Always great food at Jean Robert's. This time was the fourth anniversary of his opening and everything was fabulous.Special Features:
- DidiVIPDined on 8/14/2014We thought the service was a bit slow. Food was great.Special Features:
- Never disappointedCapitalADined on 8/14/2014We had dinner at Jean-Robert's to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We have been several times before and we are never disappointed. The food was delicious, the presentation fabulous and the staff is first class. Our waiter, Jim, was especially attentive and had some great recommendations. The surprise mousse dessert was delicious and the single candle was a "sweet" touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French!!dinecintiDined on 8/13/2014Dinner at Jean Robert's Table was as advertised and expected. Menu was great and there were several special appetizers and entrees. I opted for a foie gras special for an appetizer. It was a delicious buttery piece of foie gras with an interesting accompaniment, a pound cake both savory and slightly sweet. That was great. My partner had heirloom tomatoes, with a softened goat cheese. Simple and delicious. We both got specials for entrees. Rack of lamb and soft shell crabs. The lamb was perfectly prepared, very tasty, as were the crabs. The wine list is full of (mostly) French choices, many available by the glass and reasonably priced in glass portions. The glasses of red had very generous pours. Service was measured, but OK.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in CincinnatiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Jean-Robert's is always a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutoftownerDined on 8/13/2014The food was fabulous, the atmosphere wonderful. Great place to come back to next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skipDined on 8/12/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant. It was our first visit and I know we will be here more often. Everything was superb! The ambiance and quietness of the restaurant was perfect for conversation. The lamb chops and halibut were the best of any we had ever had. French bread was delicious as were the appetizers. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food adventuresmolkDined on 8/11/2014Best food I have had in a long time. I had the 4 course set menu and thought each course was great on its own, but as a whole made for a food adventure. The trout dish really stood out!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerwinetasterVIPDined on 8/9/2014We chose the Table to celebrate our anniversary as we were looking for excellent food and service. Granted the interior is not a Hilton Orchids, but it was an upscale and simply elegant atmosphere, so it was perfect for us. Our server was very professional - left us alone for the most part and came to us when his careful observation dictated it was appropriate. We utterly enjoyed the food. It was full of seasonal delights of the freshest and highest quality. We didn't feel stuffed at the end of the meal as would be the case in other "better" restaurants. Portions were just right and each dish delightfully arranged.Special Features:
- ExcellentMBandMDined on 8/9/2014The best service we have experienced in Cincinnati. Attentive but not overbearing! Sophisticated yet relaxed. Food was spectacular as were the cocktails and wine election.Special Features:
- email@example.comDined on 8/7/2014I waited a long time to dine here. Not worth the wait.
- Loved the food!RobBobDined on 8/5/2014Really enjoyed the sauces that they put over your food at the table. Ravioli with creamy red pepper sauce and sole. The deserts were wonderful.Special Features:
- Fabulous Four Course DinnermaturepalateDined on 8/5/2014We loved our experience with Jean Robert's 4th Anniversary Four Course Dinner with paired wines. Our waiter said that the seasonal four course dinners are coming back. So will we.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014As always, the genius Jean Robert delivers the kind of food that has you saying to your companion, "Oooh, you've got to taste a bite of this....."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They make you feel like you matter.KarenDined on 8/4/2014From the phone to the final lick of the desert plate the experience of this restaurant was welcoming relaxing, and delicious.Special Features:
- Jean-Robert's TableRFO2Dined on 8/4/2014Jean-Robert (owner and chef) is a true gem. We have been admirers of his skill since he joined the Maisonette. His selections are unique, bold, sometimes unusual but tasting makes you a believer. Partner had the foie gras selection for an appetizer. It was so delicate but fully flavored. Her meal was excellently prepared, with the finest beef tenderloin. My meal (pan-seared fresh halibut, was a joy to eat. We split a decadent dessert. This is our third time here since it opened. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodmareeDined on 8/2/2014There were four of us that went to dinner and everyone had something different and everyone was thrilled with there choices.Special Features:
- My visit to JR Table was wonderfulValleyTempleGirlDined on 8/1/2014The food was incredible with excellent service. Be sure to try Jean Robert's signature sparkling wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a small celebrationScheichDined on 7/31/2014My partner and I wanted to celebrate the birth of a grandchild and are familiar with Jean Robert's We have had the lunch and several excellent dinners there already, so it was an obvious choice My partner worked as a sous chef at the old Maisonette, so he knows food. The staff is expert, has a lot of experience, very knowledgeable and made for a charming evening. My seared fois gras was perfect and we both had the excellent soft-shelled crab. Everything was flavorful and perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningReneeDined on 7/28/2014Excellent service & food. Our waiter was very helpful & fun. He offered to take a group picture outside by the mural. There were 12 of us, celebrating 2 birthdays & a wedding anniversary on July 28! Everyone enjoyed our first visit to Jean-Robert's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchFRENCHDined on 7/26/2014This is my very favorit place to dine. Good food and fair price. I go her very couple months.Special Features:
- ReviewDined on 7/26/2014Two daughters in town, great dinner, enjoyed by all, good waiter and wait staff.Special Features:
- French masteryUncleAlDined on 7/25/2014Jean-Robert runs his own kitchen and enforces quality control to a remarkable degree. His inventions are always a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- operagoersDined on 7/25/2014We had an early pre-opera dinner and the service and food were excellent and well-timed to allow for our quick departure. Really excellent experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014Never disappointed. Went there for lunch. The special "Reds" salad was creative and deliciousI would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Jean-Robert continues to deliver wonderful food with a French flair. Each course was special and delightfully tasty. The service was attentive, competent and not overbearing. This restaurant has become our favorite dinner out destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.