1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122993900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Full Bar, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party Facilities: Jean Georges can accommodate parties of up to 30 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International hotel. The main dining room is also available for private breakfast events Monday-Friday up until 11am for groups of 20-75 guests.
Private Party Contact: Farah Abad, 212-358-0688 x28 or email@example.com
- Special Events: http://www.jean-georges.com/events/special-events/
A word from Jean Georges
Jean-Georges opened in 1997 to critical acclaim. The jewel of Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s empire, the restaurant offers the very best in fine dining. Consistently awarded four stars by the New York Times and three Michelin stars, Jean-Georges presents exquisitely crafted dishes blending French, American, and Asian influences. Chef Jean-Georges is a master at maintaining the essence of ingredients while using them inventively to produce the best flavor. Jean-Georges’ chic and intimate dining room was redesigned by Thomas Juul-Hansen, with striking lighting by L’Observatoire. Impeccable service, tableside preparations, and floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of Central Park and Columbus Circle all contribute to an unforgettable dining experience. Jean-Georges offers a three-course prix-fixe menu and two six-course tasting menus: a traditional tasting of the chef’s signature dishes, and a seasonal tasting featuring fresh market ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Jean Georges - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
493 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (377)fit for foodies (298)romantic (253)notable wine list (199)great for lunch (173)hot spot (58)neighborhood gem (58)scenic view (49)great for brunch (47)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Exceeds high expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/26/2014A place with 3 Michelin Stars is expected to provide a great experience. JG exceeded all expectations. I was at Le Bernardin last month. Jean George edged them out on points which is no mean feat. Anytime you can afford a $350 lunch (not often if you're me) it will make you smile.Special Features:
- The best place for lunch in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Amazing food, great wine list and professional but friendly service in a beautiful and relaxed setting...for what else could you ask? Jean-George's can be a great value if you're on a budget, a regular go-to gem, or the perfect over-the-top celebratory meal. The only "problem" encountered here is having to decide whether to go with the same "I could eat this every day/best thing I ever had" dishes or to try something new...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Marks at the Foot of the ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Jean Georges is still a master chef. He does not disappoint. This restaurant will meet all your expectations with its exceptional food, drinks and service which provide for a completely rewarding dining experience.Special Features:
- A special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Jean Georges had a wonderful service experience from start to finish. They had unique combinations of flavors and I really enjoyed the multiple course pre fixe menu. They were attentive regarding my mother's birthday and had a personalized cake for her. The wine selection was also impressive. However, it was quite expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not a lot of itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Delicious food however the portions are tiny so don't come too hungry. They give you too much dessert and not enough food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any foodie but for the cost you shouldn't leave hungrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The best service that i ever tryied! The food is amazing but in (very) small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I went there for her birthday. We have been there three times. We chose the prix fixe menu, which is superb. The appetizers (particularly the ahi tuna), seafood, duck and desserts were delicious. The only mistake was my turbot, which was too dark (turbot is white). I sent it back to the kitchen. After that, I received a proper turbot. My wife had eaten her turbot. This mistake threw off the timing of our dinner. The desserts were amazing: four desserts for each person. Jean-Georges has found the best person for desserts. Service was very efficient and friendly. After the desserts, my wife received a surprise birthday cake with a candle. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top restaurant for lunchCeliaDined on 8/21/2014This is my third time for lunch at Jean Georges: outstanding in all areas and the best bargain in town. Our meal began with 4 kinds of superb bread (Swedish rye if my favorite). Next was the elegant, surprising and amazing amuse bouches consisting of a tiny perfectly airy corn fritter, a raspberry gazpacho in a hand blown glass and a tiny cube of watermelon gel goodness. The My main course; Black Bass Crusted with Nuts and Seeds and Sweet and Sour Jus was a perfect marriage of textures and flavors, and beautifully presented. I couldn't have been happier celebrating my 60th birthday. Desserts are beautiful, whimsical and delicious. Prepare to be pampered by perfect service in a luxurious setting with the best lunch in NYC.Special Features:
- great to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014I had lunch with my daughter at this wonderful restaurant. The food is excellent and service and ambiance great. The wine list is very good but also very expensive compared to the prices in Europe. Every time I come to NYC we have lunch at JG and the restaurant keeps his high quality. We hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceStunningfoodDined on 8/20/2014This is a fabulous restaurant, a great food and service experience. Each course was perfectly matched with wines at the suggestion of the sommelier.Special Features:
- NEVER DIAPPOINTEDmahoganywoodDined on 8/20/2014Jean Georges is one of my favorite French restaurants in the city. The food and service is always impeccable. I dined there for my birthday, and it was a special treat. This is not a cheap place to dine, but that's to be expected at a restaurant like this. It was a wonderful experience!!Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014As foodies visiting from Australia we had pretty poor food experiences around New York (service was amazing everywhere we dined but the food was average). Jean Georges changed all of that for us! We dined there for lunch and the food and service was phenomenal. The amuse bouche was mouth watering and the 2 courses were sublime. The staff and service were beyond perfect. My husband had an emergency dental procedure just before our lunch and his mouth was still numb from the surgery. The staff took this into consideration and were even more attentive and patient with us and made sure he was taken care of and enjoyed his meal even though he couldn't taste much. That just goes to show how much he enjoyed it despite having no taste buds :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always magnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2014Our favorite restaurant! Everything is always impecable, the new menu additions were all excellent. And the staff is fantastic and attentive! JG fully deserve every award and recognition they receive.Special Features:
- Amazing!mdindiDined on 8/17/2014Best food we've ever had and that's saying a lot since we are hardcore foodies! Service was impeccable and they went the extra mile by creating a non-ordered anniversary dessert for us. Excellent range of vintage and brut champagnes. It was worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This is a truly amazing restaurant and was a fantastic experience for my fiancee and I. Both the food and service were impeccable and will be a night that we'll remember for a long timeI would recommend this to a friend.
- De altísimo nivelGastonDined on 8/16/2014Sin dudas es para una ocasión muy pero muy especial. La atención es absolutamente esmerada. Pedimos ayuda con el idioma para revisar la carta, y lo que hicieron fue poner a nuestra atención dos personas que hablaban español para cada oportunidad en que teníamos que interactuar. Los platos son del más alto nivel, y están pensados para hacer un recorrido gastronómico, sin dejar escapar ningún detalle. Realmente de altísimo nivel. Vale aclarar que con la propina gastamos usd 550 entre dos personas habiendo elegido un vino de bajó precio.Special Features:
- Superb food,excellent serviceRolfDined on 8/16/2014This is a remarkable restaurant; the good is brilliantly prepared, and there is great variety in the choices of what to eat. The waiters and waitresses are most attentive and obliging. The space is lovely and the whole experience is remarkable.Special Features:
- Jean GeorgesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great meal; excellent service without being "snobby" - very funSpecial Features:
- Memorable food & Great Service!ChefEnsoleilleDined on 8/16/2014Two solid dishes for lunch-Sweetbreads and Veal Scalloppini. The sweetbreads were perfectly fried in its extra-light batter along with the sauteed peaches. The spicy heat to the dressing was a bit high and the oven-dried sliced peaches were a bit tough and did not believe were needed in the dish. I liked that there was a hint of fennel along with the fresh greens. The Maitre D' was very attentive and saved some of the 2008 Mosel Riesling that I ordered as part of the jus for my veal scalloppini. The "Flying Pig" bacon over the entire piece of veal kept the lean cut of meat from drying out, but overpowered the delicate flavor of the scalloppini itself. Sauteed mushrooms were perfectly seasoned. The 2004 Pomerol balanced the flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch - AmazingSavvyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Lunch was great, and pricing was perfect. It's easy to go overboard in NYC with big name chefs and big price tags, but $48 for two entrees is more than reasonable!! We left very full and very content!! Service was superb!Special Features:
- Sophisticated foodPickyguy100Dined on 8/15/2014Very interesting menu, amazing place for having a fine dinner and discover new tastes.Special Features:
- Another perfect anniversaryPampered61Dined on 8/15/2014This will be out second annual anniversary lunch and if possible, it surpassed the first. My husband and I have been married 33 years- love to celebrate our love- and love great food. Jean George is the most perfect place for us! The food was amazing, from my Pekeytoe crab to his trout, Parmesan crusted chicken to black bass and of course our added favorite- crispy buckwheat shrimp. If we could do it all over again we would choose the same menu, same table, same servers, and same lunch experience. We even received a gorgeous chocolate box with gold leaf bow and candles to blow! Bliss all the way! A must for any special daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PushDined on 8/15/2014Great place to celebrate a special occasion. the food is excellent!Special Features:
- Thank younycfoodaholicDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated my mom's birthday. I loved food and service. Jean George has been one of my special occasion restaurants and never let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceDoctorDadDined on 8/14/2014Finally, a restaurant that lived up to my expectations. I took my wife there for our anniversary, along with our 11-year-old daughter (who is a seasoned foodie) and our 9-year old daughter (who is not). The restaurant was very accommodating and the menu offered a selection that ranged from the exotic to the standard fine dining fare. In general, all of our dishes were superb. This is a great place for anyone visiting NYC who loves fine French dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto. Estrellas michelin en NYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Perfecto. Disfrutar del lujo de las estrellas michelin en pleno NY. Además la opción del menú de lunch tiene gran relación calidad precio Los platos tienen un marcado acento asiático con demasiado predominancia del picante. No son minúsculos pero tampoco excesivos. La única pega es que en pleno NY con lo internacional que se le supone no dispusieran de cartas en español ni camarero/meter que hablase español para explicarnos los típicos platos de 3 líneas escritas 😥Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningSwimmerVIPDined on 8/13/2014My third opportunity entertain a dear friend and to lunch at Jean Georges, and it was absolutely superb as I expected. The menu offers so many delicious-looking choices, one wants to eat one of every one that's offered! We were seated at a table that wasn't far from the entry into this restaurant from the Nogatine room and it's bar. This door has to be kept open for the servers to walk in with the plates of food, but it also let in lots of noise chatter from the other room. Both my friend and I have soft voices, and when I explained this to the staff, they kindly moved us to another table that was away from this problem. They are accomodating as well as having exquisitely scrumptious culinary delights. Can't wait to entertain again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014This is one of my top favorite restaurants on the planet. The food is always such an exciting experience. Flavours that you would never think of together, meld in a beautiful harmony. The service is wonderful and the atmosphere is fabulously clean and minimalist. Normally I'd always give five stars for food but I had some roasted lobster that was unfortunately not very good. It was just tough and chewy. I find that Lobster is a luck of the draw food anyway. It's either exceptional or kind of a waste of calories and money. Unfortunately this time it was the latter. I don't blame the restaurant though. I knew the risk I was taking with that lobster. Everything else that I ate and drank was sublime and breathtaking in its deliciousness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aschcanDined on 8/11/2014We had a fabulous restaurant experience Food service and ambience could not have been betterSpecial Features:
- Jean Georges delicious lunchlovefoodDined on 8/11/2014Lovely setting, attentive service as there was a lot of wait staff. Complimentary amuse bouche started off the flavoursome tone of the whole lunch. The food was beautifully presented & delectable. I had the peekytoe crab, a nice portion of dense crabmeat fully out of the shell that was thoroughly enjoyable, then sea bass dish, sauces flavoursome. Lots of care & complexity in creating & presenting the dishes. My dining companions enjoyed the their meals too. Dessert platter was very worthwhile as well, but if not able to manage that, there was also complimentary small portions of sweets as a finishing touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful everythingYummyagogoDined on 8/10/2014The food was exceptional... as you would expect. Service was good and they offered us a nice private seating arrangement since I was celebrating with my wife. Also, they took great notice of my wife's allergies.Special Features:
- AmazingJTwomeyDined on 8/10/2014Words cannot describe how amazing Jean Georges was - from the service to the food - everything was AMAZING! It is expensive, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Beyond disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014We had lunch here yesterday, celebrating my wife's birthday. It was beyond disappointing. We are gluten free, and they were not very accommodating. They offered no gluten free bread substitute (over the past year, we have gone to 4-5 "fine dining" places in NYC, and all had a nice gluten free substitute). We got the tasting menu, and when we asked to sub something out because of an issue with raw, they subbed in a tomatoe salad (which followed the raspberry salad). Really? All in all, this was our 2nd time at Jean Georges, and it will certainly be our last.
- Simply amazingLArtusifanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Jean Georges really lives up to its name. Amazing food and unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestDavidandDayleVIPDined on 8/8/2014For me and my wife, the best restaurant for special occasions in NYC. Also, it provides the best value for the money. The waits staff is very attentive without being obsequious, and they considerately ask if one has dietary restrictions. The presentation and taste of the dishes are outstanding. The ambience, including the pleasantly muted (unusual for NYC) noise level, is wonderful. The extras freely provided (amuse bouche) were each outstanding. We hope to return again and again.Special Features:
- Fabulous meantexdineDined on 8/7/2014Exceeded our expectations, which were high. Food was terrific and the service was impeccable. Very professional but not snobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrc2h5ohDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed dinner with my wife, my daughter and her fiance to celebrate their engagement. The summer tasting menu was outstanding, and service delightful. Thank you for a most memorable evening!Special Features:
- PerfectionhelloVIPDined on 8/7/2014A most fabulous meal!!!!! We both had the summer tasting menu and the flavors and wine pairing were out of this world! They accomodated two things for me as i do not like caviar or raw fish! Gave me tomato salad and seared scallop. My husband raved aboutthe caviar and sashimi! Lobster w gnocci and the corn raviloi was delicious amd was amazing, light. Halibut was the best dish, the broth incredible! Lamb was cooked to pefection. Dessert and all goodies sweet! Only issue is that they did not acknowledge my husband bday and the tea was not that great. Service was spot on! We dont get to the bg apple often but we will always have a meal at JG!!Special Features:
- Expected more from the main courseFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Everything was great about the restaurant but the main course. I was very disappointed by the Muscovy duck breast. It was tough and cutting though it was exhausting with the knife provided. Eventually I gave up on it since my hand started to hurt working on it. Service was fantastic as was the rest of the courses.Special Features:
- Fabulous eveningUGM2AEWDined on 8/5/2014Excellent summer tasting menu with fantastic wine flight - worth the money definitelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.