1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122993900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Full Bar, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party Facilities: Jean Georges can accommodate parties of up to 30 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International hotel. The main dining room is also available for private breakfast events Monday-Friday up until 11am for groups of 20-75 guests.
Private Party Contact: Farah Abad, 212-358-0688 x28 or email@example.com
- Special Events: http://www.jean-georges.com/events/special-events/
A word from Jean Georges
Jean-Georges opened in 1997 to critical acclaim. The jewel of Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s empire, the restaurant offers the very best in fine dining. Consistently awarded four stars by the New York Times and three Michelin stars, Jean-Georges presents exquisitely crafted dishes blending French, American, and Asian influences. Chef Jean-Georges is a master at maintaining the essence of ingredients while using them inventively to produce the best flavor. Jean-Georges’ chic and intimate dining room was redesigned by Thomas Juul-Hansen, with striking lighting by L’Observatoire. Impeccable service, tableside preparations, and floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of Central Park and Columbus Circle all contribute to an unforgettable dining experience. Jean-Georges offers a three-course prix-fixe menu and two six-course tasting menus: a traditional tasting of the chef’s signature dishes, and a seasonal tasting featuring fresh market ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Jean Georges - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (321)fit for foodies (269)romantic (224)notable wine list (171)great for lunch (136)hot spot (51)neighborhood gem (44)scenic view (38)great for brunch (30)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Pure JoyMistralVIPDined on 10/22/2014I dined with business colleagues and a VIP client. Our som, Josh, managed the difficult feat of being helpful yet unobtrusive. He was clearly knowledgeable and offered good suggestions, but we were a stubbornly "California" group. All good as they have a very deep (and very dangerous!) wine list. Our primary server, Caroline, did a marvelous job of handling the curveballs tossed at her by a table of foodies, maintaining a freshly-scrubbed earnestness, yet being able to improvise effortlessly as well. Two people each ordered from the "Jean-Georges" menu and two from the "Autumn" menu. We finished with a selection of desserts and cheeses, and then Caroline and the AGM, Patrick arranged an impromptu kitchen tour, which our client LOVED!Special Features:
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014my main recommendation is to use less salt on the food. Other than that it is stupendous spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014We came here for lunch - 2 courses for $48 was such a good deal. Ordered Scallops, Risotto, Veal and Tenderloin, followed by Chocolate themed dessert. The sauces takes over the flavor of the ingredient so thats not to my likings. Overall - the food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureALEMANDined on 10/19/2014We have never been disappointed. The staff is always attentive and courteous. The food is unrivalved, and we are always made to feel special. We will return again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Our family (party of 4) really enjoyed the delicious food and the very well coordinated and friendly service. Delicious food, uhm, everything was very well tasting and a pleasure to look at when served. The wine recommendation was perfect to the food. Overall a pleasure, and we will for sure be back next time we visit New York. The restaurant is with lots of light from the windows facing Central Park , there is plenty of space between the tables and very comfortable to visit.Special Features:
- Expected a Lot But Got Much More!CatAVIPDined on 10/19/2014Based on many stellar experiences at Jean Georges in the past I expected a great experience but they just knocked it out of the park this time! The new inclusion of a lunch tasting menu with the option of a wine pairing was a phenomenal experience normally reserved for dinner at a much higher price. They even accommodated our request to substitute a cheese course for dessert! A MUST reservation for foodies for a phenomenal lunch - dress is upscale casual and this is also a great spot for a power lunch. The service is unparalleled. If you are going to splurge on one NYC killer lunch this is the place without exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrolDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is not good as it used to be. I was really disappointed. Everything was good, but not exceptional. Service was very ceremonial, but it was more performance than high-grade service. We invited our very dear friends from another state, and we felt uncomfortable. We expect from food much more. It was just OK, not great.Special Features:
- Incredible food; impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed every moment of our lunch! From the moment we entered the restaurant, we were treated with a very special touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean-Georges is Amazing!!JoeyAdamsDined on 10/18/2014I have been lucky to go to a lot of the top restaurants in the country and Jean-Georges is one of the stand outs. Pure excellence from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayJamesJosephDined on 10/17/2014Excellent in every way, my wife and I have been going there for years. This time we brought our two daughters and had an excellent evening, every dish presented was pure perfection. Sea scallops, sea urchin, hamachi and yellow fin tuna were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KkikuchiDined on 10/16/2014Best buy for lunch! 2-3 course meal is enough, would not go for the 5 course meal - too much food. Grea tservice and a very confort dinning room.Special Features:
- Impeccable!GigiDined on 10/16/2014Had a fantastic lunch here mid-week on a rainy fall day. Everything was perfect, and the prix fixe lunch has to be one of the best bargains in NYC. Service was superb, food was creative and delicious without being overwhelming. Will return on our next visit to Manhattan, and will surely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extremely fantastic restaurantainilaw79Dined on 10/15/2014I went to Daniel and Four season hotel multiple time and I often did not enjoy french dish this much ! It was such a great joy to have the meal at this restaurant. I would like to visit again !Special Features:
- lovely dining experienceaventuragal7Dined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed the dinner. The wait staff were welcoming and accommodating. They readily made substitutions for me. Thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingweggiDined on 10/14/2014Top, outstanding excellence in every respect. A unique Dining experience in an elegant, sophisticated Setting. Excellent Food and wine, friendly, competent staff, great Service.Special Features:
- Flavours tad dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Natural flavour of food overwhelmed by other strong acidic flavours (which should be the acompaniment).
- worthy of 3 starsukfoodiesDined on 10/12/2014My nephew and I had dinner at Jean Georges. We chose the 7 course tasting menu with paired wines, and cheese. We asked for one course to be substituted with one from a 2nd tasting menu available and this was readily done. The courses were egg caviar, scallops, 10 mushroom soup, turbot, lobster terrine, boiled squab, cheese, both the autumn dessert tasting and chocolate dessert tasting. For me, the standout courses were the egg caviar, the turbot and the lobster terrine. The food and wines were excellent, and the food flavours were superb. The wine portions were generous. The service and staff were faultless. Jean Georges clearly merited its 3 star Michelin accolade and I would definitely come again. I rate the meal 9.5 out of 10.Special Features:
- Better than everDCDinersDined on 10/12/2014Continues to maintain the standard of excellence we have come to expectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMissPiggyDined on 10/12/2014I loved everything about lunch. It goes without saying; the food was amazing. But what I really love is that the service matches the elegance of the food. With only 20 tables, the service is personalized/attentive without being overbearing. The dining room is beautiful. The tables are positioned to minimize the number of people sitting with their backs to center of the room. It does mean you get that weird situation at two-tops where people sit side by side. But it also means that the waitstaff aren't bumping into the back of your chair. I get why restaurants need to pack in their customers in an industry with low margins and high overhead, but it was yet another detail that sets Jean Georges apart from even other top restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencemagicmikeDined on 10/11/2014Great experience. Expensive yes, but for what you get, not overpriced. I enjoyed it immensely and want to go again.Special Features:
- Not as good as my last experiencebkwhelanDined on 10/11/2014I would deem the food as being "just o.k." but certainly nothing special, unfortunately. Food was overly salted and just not as innovative as I have experienced meals here before. Although, service was and in my experience is always top-notch, phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- third time and still as goodJam3998Dined on 10/10/2014JG has been our destination for 3 landmark events and thus loaded with with expectations. It has never disappointed. I am always amazed by the food, but more so the beautiful choreography of the service. I don't know how they do this, but it is one of the most impressive things about this restaurant. Other high end NYC restaurants should take note.Special Features:
- PerfectionVAFoodieDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated a birthday at Jean Georges, and it was perfection. I looked on the restaurant website and saw that the dining room had two tables recessed in alcoves. I requested one, but didn't think JG would accommodate given that we are not regular customers. They did! The table was the perfect setting for a special night. It was secluded and allowed us to observe other diners while being in our world. The service -- from reception to bar to server to sommelier -- was exceptional: understated yet always there. The food was excellent. The 4-course menu was innovative and the 6 dishes we ordered were each delicious! Thank you to Jean Georges for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Wow!ContentedGBDined on 10/7/2014This was one of the best meals I have had and certainly the best in New York. The Black Sea bass was absolutely delicious and the suckling pig equally so. The service was friendly and helpful. Will definitely return when in Town!Special Features:
- Amazing!TravelfoodyVIPDined on 10/6/2014Wanted to go someplace special on our last visit to NYC & this was it...like enjoying a symphony of tastes in each dish!Special Features:
- Always a treat!SugarmuffinDined on 10/5/2014I never get tired of Jean Georges. The food is exquisite: both delicious and stunning to look at. The service is professional yet warm and friendly. The large windows on a sunny day really add to the ambiance. I don't get to NYC much, but when I do, I always want to go to Jean-Georges.Special Features:
- Simply one of the bestladiegrayVIPDined on 10/4/2014I have been lucky to have eaten at some of the top restaurants in the U.S and Europe. I had always wanted to try JG and was able to have dinner there on a Sat. We arrived after a hectic subway ride from Soho but were greeted warmly by the staff. Our table was beautifullly decorated and my daughter, who manages part time at a known cooking store in our area, was very impressed. The service was outstanding and not pretentious in the least. The food was sublime. We each had the autumn seasonal menu and they graciously substituted 2 dishes for me as I do not like certain fish. The breads and dessert were amazing, and my daughter loved the marshmallow treat. We had cocktails and champagne. The bill was under $600, and it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Lovely...CleanEating9Dined on 10/4/2014As always, Jean Georges does not disappoint. Wonderful food and elegant ambiance. Great for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Lives up to the reputationMWarrenNHDined on 10/3/2014Our recent dinner at Jean-George was absolutely unbelievable. The food was beautifully refined, the setting is spectacular, but mostly it was the impeccable service that made such an impression on us. This was our first time at a restaurant of this caliber, and they made us feel very comfortable. We felt free to ask questions, inquire about the ingredients, talk to the sommellier, etc. We aren't high-rollers, but were treated as though we were family. I'd go back for the food, but I'd go back again and again and again for the service.Special Features:
- Not as impressed as first occasionMealreviewDined on 10/1/2014Visited Daniel le Bernadin and JG last year and was really impressed with JG. Returned this year but was less impressed. Scallop overcooked (personal preference) Turbot Had a "fishy" taste and the wine jus sauce was salty. Did not like dish. Squab and frog legs were ok. Caviar egg was very good. the only memorable dish of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnrlovesjgDined on 10/1/2014We are from Australia but have travelled the world and eaten at many great restaurants. But this was the best. Food, service and ambience all outstanding.Special Features:
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014Good but not great. Maybe they were in a rush that night but several dishes came on the wrong temperature and timing. the somelier was excellent.Special Features:
- Words Fail!FRotgersVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is a superb restaurant. Rated 3 Stars by Michelin, it truly lives up to that status among the world's elite restaurants. Only quibble is that the servers were a bit eager to remove plates before fully completed. Otherwise, superb all around!Special Features:
- Just as I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Lunch was just as expected, the meal was fantastic. A bit pricy for lunch, but nonetheless, very good. The service, also as I expected, was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014It was our anniversary celebration and they went all out. Beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Georges Remains a ClassicVa4loveDined on 9/25/2014Our meal at JG was flawless. We had theater tickets, and yet still enjoyed a multi-course meal without feeling rushed. Excellent food and service. Simply divine.Special Features:
- As always perfect. Very recommendedmompradenDined on 9/22/2014I always try to go to Jean George's when I am at New York. The menu is perfect. All the flavours are perfectly blended.Special Features:
- Eki60Dined on 9/20/2014Very good overall, the food, the service and the ambiance. Every tim I am visiting NY I want to have either a dinner a lunch at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ExquisiteGlanimalDined on 9/20/2014JG never fails. The food was just amazing. The presentation sophisticated and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Not much more to add. Plain excellent. Only point of improvement would be for the waiter to speak a bit louder. Was hard to understand him.Special Features: