1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 299-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Full Bar, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party Facilities: Jean Georges can accommodate parties of up to 30 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International hotel. The main dining room is also available for private breakfast events Monday-Friday up until 11am for groups of 20-75 guests.
Private Party Contact: Farah Abad, 212-358-0688 x28 or email@example.com
- Special Events: http://www.jean-georges.com/events/special-events/
A word from Jean Georges
Jean-Georges opened in 1997 to critical acclaim. The jewel of Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s empire, the restaurant offers the very best in fine dining. Consistently awarded four stars by the New York Times and three Michelin stars, Jean-Georges presents exquisitely crafted dishes blending French, American, and Asian influences. Chef Jean-Georges is a master at maintaining the essence of ingredients while using them inventively to produce the best flavor. Jean-Georges’ chic and intimate dining room was redesigned by Thomas Juul-Hansen, with striking lighting by L’Observatoire. Impeccable service, tableside preparations, and floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of Central Park and Columbus Circle all contribute to an unforgettable dining experience. Jean-Georges offers a three-course prix-fixe menu and two six-course tasting menus: a traditional tasting of the chef’s signature dishes, and a seasonal tasting featuring fresh market ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Jean Georges - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
431 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (339)fit for foodies (289)romantic (231)notable wine list (191)great for lunch (142)hot spot (63)neighborhood gem (50)scenic view (43)good for groups (29)great for brunch (23)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- I LOVE ITLualbanezeVIPDined on 11/24/2014For me, Jean Georges is the BEST restaurant in NY!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A StealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2014The prix fix lunch menu, which a couple of years ago was the best bargain in town (at I think $28 for two courses) is now $48, so not a steal, but the food is still excellent and if one doesn't order drinks or dessert (which isn't necessary as they give you little chocolates and macaroons anyway) it's a good deal for a delicious lunch at a lovely (and quiet!) restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great area for dining. Service is really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great area for dining. Service is really good. The design of the food is really special. I like the sea bass. Very delicious. Good for 2-4 people for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a splurge!mac3VIPDined on 11/21/2014Absolutely superb meal in every way; at a correspondingly steep price. The chef's seasonal tasting menu was wonderful - every single course was excellent; not an average dish in the lot, which is not always the case in chef's menus. Several dishes were in the "some of the best we've ever had" category, including a "simple" Kumamato oyster in a wonderful vinegrette (and that was an amuse bouche!) The service was incredibly attentive without being at all obtrusive. The wine list is extensive and expensive; we enjoyed the wine pairing option, which (not surprisingly) was completely European (mainly French). All in all, a highly enjoyable and memorable splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toujours aussi fantastique !FafaDined on 11/20/2014J adore ce restaurant !c est excellent !repas de midi avec un menu de 2 plat à 48 USD LE VIN EST PLUS CHER 20 USD le verre Un total de 200 USD a 2 tips inclus Ce n est pas excessif pour un restaurant de cette qualité .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitanniversaryVIPDined on 11/19/2014It was our first experience at the restaurant which we have heard much about. We were not disappointed. The waiter was helpful explaining the menu and various selections including the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dessertNeverEverDined on 11/19/2014Food was not so good though. BTW, their suit was incredibly suitable.Special Features:
- Great placeDisappointedVIPDined on 11/17/2014The foie gras broule is amazing. Great for business lunch and special occasions tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerRSKPJDined on 11/16/2014It is a really good restaurant for engagement dinners and special occasions. They even add to the special occasion, providing you inform them im advance, by giving you complimentary champaign and a customized chocalate cake desert with a note saying whatever you would like it to say. Wonderful and friendly service as well. I highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great finish for our NY tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Our friend Otto Koch from munich has recommended us this restaurant and we are very thankful to him because we spent an unforgetable evening in a great atmosphere a perfekt service and a sensationel menue. Thank you very much and many regards to Mr. Vongerichten and his crew from us and Otto Koch. Your sincerely Peter HaasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not get any betterDebbieMDined on 11/15/2014I fell in love with the chef when a trio of deliciousness arrived to my table to greet me. One of these items - A tasting of chestnut soup and a mini ravioli was truly a religious moment. The Sea Bass entree was perfectly cooked and bathed in a sauce that can only be described as heaven, though my server eloquently described the mushroom tea that is the beginning of this masterpiece. There are a lot of expensive places to eat in NYC with celebrity chefs - and none of them can hold a candle to the brilliance from start to finish that is Jean Georges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lamentable and costly experienceOscarDined on 11/14/2014No recomiendo este restaurante, porque el precio es totalmente desproporcionado al servicio y calidad de la comida, como su servicio, poco cálido y con un menú en ingles, que el propio meitre no sabe traducir al castellano o francés.- No nos han sabido brindar un cena especial como queríamos, no solo empañada por los precios astronómicos sin Justificación alguna (ubicación, ambiente, trato personalizado,etc..).- (Cenamos en Paris en champs ellises, coste similar pero con un trato excelente y buena comida. Y eso ya es decir Mucho.-) Me han cobrado 40U$S de suplemento en el cubierto de 142U$S por pedir Wagiu y lo que sirvieron no llega a 200gr de un corte de Wagiu de calidad, probablemente fuera una parte del vacio, mezclado con una salsa agridulce, con setas que no pude comer. Una Lamentable experiencia y costosa.- I do not recommend this restaurant, because the price is totally disproportionate to the service and quality of the food, as his service, slightly hotly and with a menu in English, that the own meitre cannot translate into the Spanish or French. - they have not could offer to us a special dinner since we wanted, not only misted by the astronomic prices without any Justification (location, environment, personalized treatment, etc ..) .-(We Have dinner in Paris in champs ellises, similar cost but with an excellent treatment and good food. And it already, is to says-) they have received Me 40U$S of supplement in the cutlery of 142U$S for asking For Wagiu and what they served does not come to 200gr from Wagiu's cut of quality, probably out a part of the flank estick, mixed with a sweet and sour sauce, with mushrooms that I could not eat. A lamentable and costly experience
- Service exquisite. Food a palatable delight.FlashDined on 11/13/2014Service is exquisite and the food a palatable delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining oasisGordonVIPDined on 11/13/2014I have been to Jean George numerous times but this night was special. After a very stressful & grueling day, I need a treat to help soothe my soul. I looked up on Open Table for any good restaurants & amazinglly there was a reservation at 5:45pm & it was already 5pm! We changed clothes, got an Uber car. We were in Midtown and made it just in time. We were greeted by familiar faces of the staff and were treated as amazing as we always have in the past.After my first glass of a fine chardonnay our incredible dining experience began. There is nothing on the menu that isn't great. My biggest problem is not ordering some of my old favorites. As soon as dinner service started all my problems disappeared and all things were right in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price Prohibitive..Frankly OutrageousnyretiredgalVIPDined on 11/13/2014The food at JG is exquisite, the service impeccable and the experience of your special occasion will be memorable. It will be however an outrageously priced memory. As always JG offer a choice of prefix menus. You can pick and choose amongst the courses and there is flexibility to your choices by course. Each bite was luscious from the peekytoe crab dumplings to the tuna and the truffle pasta ($60 supplement) to the char and the lamb ($20 supplement) and on to the desserts. It is my opinion that if you are going to offer a prefix at $128 pp include what is available within the price range of the prefix. It's almost insulting to have supplemental charges added to your choices. Note to restaurant - I sat through our special dinner staring at a small vase of a single flower that had dead leaves on it. Really?? How tacky. Perhaps before dinner one of your waiters can pop around the corner to the market and you can spring for a few fresh flowers.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean GeorgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014The room is a little frenetic . While still very good it does not measure up to competitors like Le Bernadin, Marea etc. I personally do not believe it deserves three stars any longer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrumpOT123VIPDined on 11/12/2014We tried Jean-George for lunch a few days ago. The food was excellent, but the service was so stylized it was distracting. Our server was slightly abrupt and it took a couple tries before we understood what she was telling us about how the menu worked. Then she seemed upset that we only wanted wine by the glass. Then the distraction started. All aspects of the actual place service had to be done in simultaneous tandem by two servers - set down the first course, remove the empty plates, then repeat for subsequent courses -- always two persons, one for my wife, one for me, and complete with head nods to get the timing just right. It makes me chuckle to remember it. Some folks might love it, but it struck us as something over-the-top that Mr. Trump might have considered the pinnacle of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieVIPDined on 11/12/2014Jean Georges remains at the top of my list of favorite restaurants in New York. The food and the services are outstanding and we love being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2014This is our favorite restaurant for a leisurely lunch, especially with out of town guests. The food is always wonderful and the staff is always welcoming and helpful. We love sitting in the large windowed room surrounded by trees and sights of the City. Most important, we never feel rushed so that we and our company enjoy our dining experience. Of course, we will be back.Special Features:
- Simply the bestKellyandTedDined on 11/10/2014It doesn't get better than the Jean Georges dining experience. We went with the 4 course prix fixe dinner. EVERYTHING was fabulous!Special Features:
- Outstanding.foodiezVIPDined on 11/10/2014When we stepped in to JG, hostess was very friendly and on top of her game. Set the tone for the rest of the experience, outstanding service throughout. The tasting menu was innovative, yet not overly complicated, good combination of flavors in all the dishes we had. Will definitely return if the opportunity arises, and if you're hesitating to make a reservation, don't! You wont regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard TimesUnhappydinerDined on 11/9/2014We have eaten at Jean Georges a couple of times and really enjoyed every aspect of the experience. Its been maybe three years since we were last there. When we walked in we were shocked at how dingy and outdated it felt. We were not that impressed with the choices on the menu and did get a substitution so we could have a salad. The server acted more like she was selling caskets at a mortuary then serving people who enjoy an expensive special occasion dinner. Sorry, we won't be back until this restaurant gets back up to pace.
- Good value for top class restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Eating at a 3-star Michelin restaurant is a splurge for most people, including us. Lunch at Jean Gorges is a great way to do it. The army of attentive but gentle staff, the carefully orchestrated service, the settings and decor, and, of course the food, all remind you that you're in an epicurean stratosphere. An amuse bouche included a salty foam atop a raw oyster. The fois gras mousse appetizer was as heavenly as we remembered from our last visit, and the tuna tarter appetizer was both generous and delectable. For mains both of us had chestnut topped sweetbreads. The black truffle sauce that accompanied it, while delicious by itself, combined with the chestnuts to form a little too much competition for the delicacy of the sweetbreads. But we both considered the dish a success, if not a knockout. Nothing about this, our second visit, would dissuade us from hurrying back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classical PerfectionJanTrishVIPDined on 11/9/2014Is it normal for an Amuse to linger on the lip's memory for a week? A velvet chestnut soup martini dotted with a mushroom pillow ravioli suggest it is absolutely normal! Peekytoe dumplings, silky, plump and nearly translucent bathing in meyer lemon tea and a second dish of Black Fish encrusted with Nuts and Seeds were tantalizing. The option for wine tasting as an option in lieu of full glass made for a wine list as lustful as the lunch options. Inviting, warm and professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P.E.R.F.E.C.T.KLoveVIPDined on 11/9/2014Two of us went on a beautiful fall day for Sunday brunch. The food was not simply great - the food was PERFECT. From the amuse bouche to dessert, everything was excellent and perfectly executed - inventive use of classic ingredients, remaining true to what your taste buds call for - deliciousness. The service was attentive, but at a very relaxed pace so we could take our time and enjoy each and every mouthful and that extra glass of very wonderful Sancerre. Expensive and well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingChelleDined on 11/8/2014Jean George never disappoints, its the whole package and nothing is ever too much trouble Outstanding quality of food and service that always exceeds expectationsSpecial Features:
- A pleasureandrewDined on 11/8/2014Cozy atmosphere with very good food and service, although our table felt somewhat crowded in that we were surrounded by other tables and with the large number of wait staff passing by, it became occasionally distracting. The staff was very good at being attentive without being intrusive. Crab dumplings were tasty and a fun twist on this traditionally Chinese dish. Sea scallops were well flavored but mildly overcooked. Butternut squash soup was very good. Gulf shrimp was good but a bit fishy. Sea bass was delicious. Miyazaki wagyu was excellent. The Autumn and Caramel dessert groups were wonderful and an extra chocolate dessert was a nice touch to address the mild shortcomings of the appetizers. My wife and I left full and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JG continues top formmojoetooVIPDined on 11/8/2014Setting, decor, and service remain top flight. Food and drink continue to tantalize the palate. JG remains our number 1 place for gustatory gluttony. Similar fireworks at JG's ABC enterprises which we also routinely visit during our NYC food crawls; advance reservations a must at all three.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014This is one of our favorite New York restaurants for elegant dining. Every bite was delicious and the service couldn't have been betterSpecial Features:
- van voorheesbozoVIPDined on 11/6/2014All works sublimely; only wish the menu would change a bit more often.
- Jean GeorgesbowbridgeDined on 11/5/2014Seated on time, excellent service and food. Atmosphere good, except for one table with businessmen. Total cost with 3 course wine pairing and tip was $678. Daniel was a bit more romantic.Special Features:
- Best in NYCdineoutnycVIPDined on 11/5/2014There is no better restaurant in New York City, period. The beautiful, artistically presented food tastes even better than it looks. I had the tuna tartar ribbons, butternut squash soup and blackened sea bass, all done to perfection. My selection of the chocolate dessert grouping was superb. The atmosphere was romantic and elegant and the service was impeccable. Perfect restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- still the best in NYCJazzmanVIPDined on 11/4/2014Outstanding in all respects. Lunch either in Nougat or in main dining room is a bargain.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014Simply said, the best restaurant in the country. This was my sixth visit and I have yet to be disappointed by anything I've tried. The food is creative and delicious. The service is impeccable. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The dining room is sheer eleganceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014The entire dining experience was superb. The food was delicious, the staff was attentive and conscious of our time constraint. This is by far the best dining experience I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful experiencenykerVIPDined on 10/30/2014Dining at Jean Georges is a delight. It's a beautiful dining room, the noise level is comfortable, unlike most NYC restaurants, the service is terrific -- but most of all, the food - each dish - is both interesting and delicious.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceCJLondonDined on 10/29/2014A wonderful restaurant in all senses of the word. Well worth the journey from London UK to this New York grand lady in its subtle and quietly luxurious setting. And remarkably good value in the 3 (actually 4) course prix fixe menu, which is not often found in a 3 Michelin-starred venue. Just be cautious in the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPerfectionDined on 10/28/2014Dining heaven. Loved every minute of this restaurant from the ambiance to the service to the food everything is pure perfection. Had eight divine courses and great wine to go with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!mkingDined on 10/28/2014The place is located in the heart of manhattan, with a beautiful view of Central Park. The attention was wonderful and the food selections incredible. The chef's presents were divine. Totally recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014We have enjoyed meals in most of the the top food rated restaurants in New York,Philadelphia,D.C., and Boston areas and may have found a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.