1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122993900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Full Bar, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party Facilities: Jean Georges can accommodate parties of up to 30 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International hotel. The main dining room is also available for private breakfast events Monday-Friday up until 11am for groups of 20-75 guests.
Private Party Contact: Farah Abad, 212-358-0688 x28 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: http://www.jean-georges.com/events/special-events/
A word from Jean Georges
Jean-Georges opened in 1997 to critical acclaim. The jewel of Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s empire, the restaurant offers the very best in fine dining. Consistently awarded four stars by the New York Times and three Michelin stars, Jean-Georges presents exquisitely crafted dishes blending French, American, and Asian influences. Chef Jean-Georges is a master at maintaining the essence of ingredients while using them inventively to produce the best flavor. Jean-Georges’ chic and intimate dining room was redesigned by Thomas Juul-Hansen, with striking lighting by L’Observatoire. Impeccable service, tableside preparations, and floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of Central Park and Columbus Circle all contribute to an unforgettable dining experience. Jean-Georges offers a three-course prix-fixe menu and two six-course tasting menus: a traditional tasting of the chef’s signature dishes, and a seasonal tasting featuring fresh market ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Jean Georges - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
426 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (329)fit for foodies (271)romantic (224)notable wine list (171)great for lunch (139)neighborhood gem (49)hot spot (49)scenic view (39)great for brunch (37)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Words Fail!FRotgersVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is a superb restaurant. Rated 3 Stars by Michelin, it truly lives up to that status among the world's elite restaurants. Only quibble is that the servers were a bit eager to remove plates before fully completed. Otherwise, superb all around!Special Features:
- Just as I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Lunch was just as expected, the meal was fantastic. A bit pricy for lunch, but nonetheless, very good. The service, also as I expected, was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014It was our anniversary celebration and they went all out. Beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Georges Remains a ClassicVa4loveDined on 9/25/2014Our meal at JG was flawless. We had theater tickets, and yet still enjoyed a multi-course meal without feeling rushed. Excellent food and service. Simply divine.Special Features:
- As always perfect. Very recommendedmompradenDined on 9/22/2014I always try to go to Jean George's when I am at New York. The menu is perfect. All the flavours are perfectly blended.Special Features:
- Eki60Dined on 9/20/2014Very good overall, the food, the service and the ambiance. Every tim I am visiting NY I want to have either a dinner a lunch at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ExquisiteGlanimalDined on 9/20/2014JG never fails. The food was just amazing. The presentation sophisticated and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Not much more to add. Plain excellent. Only point of improvement would be for the waiter to speak a bit louder. Was hard to understand him.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014One of the top five power lunchs in Manhattan. Incredible service and cusine.Special Features:
- Michelin 3 star????LovegoodfoodDined on 9/16/2014I am from Europe. Been to many Michelin restaurants. This was not a 3 star experience. Too many tables in the room, Therefor too much noise. We were not offered winelist before the courses started to arrive. We table was not set properly. The cuttlery was thown on in between courses, spilling og wine on the linen. No wine guy. Food was good, but I would not grade it to a great Michelin restaurant. We were wondering it the US Michelin system is the same as the European?Special Features:
- Simply divineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful lunch here. We chose the tasting menu and loved every course. Our favourite was the sublimely simple scallop carpaccio and the clean deliciousness of the lemon gel and caviar course. The service was immaculate and we unreservedly recommend this restaurant to everyone looking for a special place to dine and who appreciates beautifully prepared food and fresh food made with fine ingredients.Special Features:
- RolfDined on 9/14/2014The food is superb, deliciously herbed, spiced, flavored; the service is excellent. A remarkable restaurant. We have been going there once or twice a year for many years, and it is better than ever.Special Features:
- Stellar Dining ExperienceGottsledDined on 9/14/2014Another wonderful experience at Jean Georges. Food, ambiance, and service were all superb. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- RRV6Dined on 9/13/2014excellent service , the dress code must be respected NO JEANS, very good wine list and sommelier studied over the recommendations specified table for two anniversary and could be better than we got . and it would have been nice excellent detail if they had sent two glasses of champagne , obviously you charged or not ???Special Features:
- mmxtrrDined on 9/13/2014Food can be better gor m3 star place for the price............
- Date Night PlaceDeltawhiskeyVIPDined on 9/13/2014If you want to have the best dining experience in NYC for you and your date, go to Jean George's Restaurant. Best flavors and service of anywhere I have dined.Special Features:
- Best place I have ever been!AA50197Dined on 9/13/2014Hands down the best! From the atmosphere to the service and amazing food, this is an experience. We went for brunch and wished we could come back for dinner. A must !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner of my lifeChrisDined on 9/12/2014I had already dined at Jean Georges 3 times before and had always been impressed with the quality and creativity, but this time was the best of all. All the dishes were tasteful, very well prepared and original, including the appetizers offered by the Chef. This is by far the best restaurant I have ever been in New York, very consistent at a high standard. The foie gras (both options) is to die for!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Jean-George is our absolute favorite restaurant, especially for taking out of town guests for lunch. The space lends itself to conversation The luncheon choices are wonderful and the service attentive. It never fails to please us and our guests. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, still 18 years laterKevinSbragaVIPDined on 9/10/2014What an exceptional. 18 years later the food, service, and ambiance at JG are still amazing. I was truly blown away.Special Features:
- ElegancePoppyVIPDined on 9/10/2014An elegant restaurant with excellent service. Each dish was distinct, delicate, and exquisite in taste. My favorite dish is the lamb--delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceKirbydog9Dined on 9/10/2014My wife and I ate at Jean Georges while visiting from DC. It was selected from several NY Times 4-star restaurants and was as good as advertised. The food was superb, and servers were both efficient and personable. I highly recommend the goat cheese royale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014A REAL TREAT... STAFF MAKES YOU FEEL QUITE COMFORTABLE AND THE FOOD IS MAGNIFICENTLY SERVED AND SO, SO DELICIOUS.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, but multiple dishes were too salty, and I love salt. Also, only AAA five diamond restaurant I have been to that has salt on the table. Service slightly lacking. Also, only AAA five diamond restaurant I have been to that has messed up a course, which we had to bring to their attention. Many other St. Regis Jean Georges restaurants offer better service and perhaps food than this flagship.Special Features:
- Should not be a 3 star MichelinSineDined on 9/7/2014What made it a bad experience ? My friend is allergic to nuts - but when we got the chees they suddenly forgot and served bred with nuts - luckely I could taste it and she did not eat it and god some other bread. If she had eaten it we would have had to go to the hospital. Further most of the waiters were very impersonal and the moment they told about the menu they turned around - not a smile or a second if we had desired to ask any questions. The manager apologized when we mentioned it to her (about the nuts) and was very sweet.Special Features:
- Best ever!!ChrisdyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our experience at jean George's was exceptional! The service was the best I have ever experienced, and the food was amazing. We had the summer tasting menu and the dishes were very tasty with wonderful presentations. The wait staff was very attentive and they explained everything we were eating and all answered many questions that I had about preparation and ingredients. I just cannot say enough about this wonderful restaurant. It is worth every penny!!!Special Features:
- HeavenfavesportDined on 9/7/2014If there is a heaven, this is how I imagine it. The experience was like being in the middle of a choreographed dance that touches everyone of the senses. Food was beautifully presented with the flavor beyond anything I've ever experienced to date. The elegance of the servers along with the impeccable ambiance left us with such a memorable experience that one could only hope to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean GeorgeskrakatoaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Always fabulous. We eat there several times a year and have never been disappointed. Their attention to detail is unequaled. My husband and I have food allergies and they are always able to accommodate us without any problem. THe most unusual flavors and combinations in the city.Special Features:
- asdasdasdasDined on 9/6/2014asdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class!AntonioCDined on 9/5/2014Everything was perfect. We enjoyed very very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodeeVIPDined on 9/5/2014It's without a doubt the finest restaurant in New York if not the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The service was outstanding but the food is the star of the show. My wife and I each had something different and everything we had was really delicious. Not your everyday combination of flavors made every dish really interesting. We will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014superb food, and service, ambiance, space, etc to match. tres dear, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Akd75Dined on 9/1/2014Exceptional service and sensational food. Two choices of menu. Tasting menus or a selection menu from light to heavy meals. We chose to select out own. Scallops melted in mouth, charred corn ravioli with basil sauce was a dance on the taste buds. Chocolate tasting plate for desert was delicious- the ganache full of flavour. Cocktails are a much as well. Jean-George was a true highlight of our trip to NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ~ Exquisite ~DitaVIPDined on 9/1/2014However high your expectations may be, they WILL be exceeded. All aspects of your dining will be experiential; from the amuse bouche trio, to the "before you leave" sweets. Whenever my schedule permits I dine at Jean-Georges for lunch. I am slowly working my way through all of the options offered. Yesterday it was Peekytoe Crab and Black Bass... next time.... can hardly wait!Special Features:
- High level of serviceServiceDined on 9/1/2014Great service and great food. Great lunch deal. 2 set lunch only 48$. + free appertizers in between.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014One of the best lunch restaurants in the city. Jean-Georges really delivers in quality, service.Special Features:
- everything was outstandingmaggy1Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have been to many restaurants all over the world. I would rate Jean Georges as one of the best. The food was excellent. The waiter was very professional and knowledgeable and the service was outstanding. I highly recommend Jean Georges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in years at JGCarolSDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at Jean Georges on Labor Day weekend - at lunch (3 hours!). We each selected à la carte plates, along with some wonderful Champagne. Explosions of wonderful flavors and textures, incredible service beyond belief - so helpful and friendly (zero attitude). Of particular note: yellowfin tuna ribbons and foie gras with strawberry granola yum. Was so good, we returned the following day for an early lunch at Nougatine next door (same-ish menu) - again wonderful service and exquisite tasting food. Expensive (very) but worth it for a special treat.Special Features:
- Beautiful experienceBrissyFoodie2104Dined on 8/29/2014We booked and went to Jean George's with a little trepidation, not sure if we were going to feel entirely comfortable in a NY 3 star Michelin restaurant. However being the foodies we are we were determined to give what is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants in NYC a try. I am so happy to say the staff were all wonderful and welcoming, and the food was just beautiful. We had scallops, crab, hake, veal and the chocolate plate, along with beautiful complimentary amuse bouche selections to start the meal and petit fours to end the meal. If you're an Aussie like we are, just know the coffee is great too! We'd love to return one day!Special Features: