329 Savannah Rd
Lewes, DE 19958Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jdsfillingstation.com/
- Phone: 3026448400x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch Thursday to Monday - 7:30am - 2:30pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Bill Karrow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Couple's Dinner every Monday for $50
A word from JD's Cafe
Innovative and Creative cafe serving Traditional American Breakfast includes Fresh Blueberry Pancakes...Eggs Benedict or Stuffed Omelets till 2:30pmContinued
Lunch includes handmade burgers with lots of toppings, try a Spinach or Caesar Salad. Avocado BLT...Asian Tuna Wrap
Check out our fully stocked bar with Craft Beers and our extensive wine list.
Lunch includes handmade burgers with lots of toppings, try a Spinach or Caesar Salad. Avocado BLT...Asian Tuna Wrap
Check out our fully stocked bar with Craft Beers and our extensive wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
JD's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great findmdguy43Dined on 7/19/2014Booked a table based on trip advisor rating. It was great, food service and wine. Highly recommend giving the crush of traffic and people of Rehoboth to visit JD's. Excellent food: great crab cakes, shrimp band lobster curry and scallops. WONDERFUL DESSERTS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014JD's was not on our radar, but because it was affiliated with another restaurant we knew that was filled, we gave it a try for dinner. My filet mignonette was very tender, my wife's Chicken Oscar was delicious, our salads were fresh and crisp, and my wife's shrimp grits were unusual and quite enjoyable. Service was surprisingly quick - we got there just ahead of the evening rush, and they were more busy as we left. All in all, we will go back to JD's when in Lewes, a town with a number of good restaurants. Add this to the list for a pleasant meal at good value.Special Features:
- First time for dinnersamdeeVIPDined on 5/31/2014Have been to JD's for breakfast and have not been disappointed. This was our first time for dinner. First courses were fine; however, two of us that had red meat very disappointed. Cuts were very thin and contained fat and grisle. Other guests were satisfied with their dishes - a crab/lobster saute and gumbo. We thought the wines by the glass were pricey based on the menu choices. We would try it again, but avoid the red meat selections.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the JD's Cafe reviews archive.
- Amazing FoodDoslocosguysVIPDined on 4/20/2014We have been here many times and always enjoy ourselves! Love the taste-small plates and mains-regular dinner portions. The Caesar Salad, Asparagus Salads were incredible. They took off the Brussel Sprout Salad-little disappointed, but the Asparagus more than made up for this! Had our usuals, Blacked shrimp and scallops with the grits-delightful and delicious plus the chicken mio something-perfect! This time we had dessert and the cheesecake-pure heaven. We both had flights of wine-very nice touch and great to try new ones-wew will do the bottle instead. Server Christine and Alina were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time and disappointedCaptPCVIPDined on 4/12/2014I had been hearing good reports about the changes at this restaurant so decided to give it a try. We were immediatley seated even though we were early for our reservation. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly, the wine list was adequate and we ordered a bottle which was very good. We ordered calamari as an apettizer and this was a bit soggy and greasy. The disappointment came with the grouper entrée. It was so over cooked that it had the consistency of over cooked chicken. Overall the experience was good with the exception of my entrée but certainly not great. I hope that they get it right as it could be be a nice alternative to the downtown restaurants.
- Keeps Getting BetterDan1Dined on 2/28/2014Every time we go to JD's the experience and food just keep getting better. The Chef makes incredible dishes from the basics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was unique and flavorful.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was unique and flavorful. The booths provide privacy. The server was friendly, helpful and we were seated and waited on as soon as we entered the restaurant. The server checked back with us several times to see if the food was okay and refreshed our drinks. We really like this restaurant because they don't serve the usual fare. They have a wonderful chef. We were there Valentine's Day and they gave all the ladies a red rose. They add special touches to everything they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EveMilton4Dined on 12/24/2013We wanted to take our sons from out of town for a nice Christmas Eve dinner and chose JD's. They loved it. The service was excellent. We all had the fried scallops which were delicious. The pino grigio was the best I'd ever had! The guys all had beer which they were very pleased with. It was perfect and we will return.Special Features:
- AMAZINGDoslocosguysVIPDined on 12/22/2013Went here for brunch with 3 friends and all of us were just blown away with the food...service and atmosphere! Had the Avacado BLT wonderful...Omelettes were huge and pancakes soft and fluffy!Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013JD's Cafe is my not so secret top spot for dinner in Lewes Delaware. My wife and I dine out in that area probably 70 times a year and know every restaurant in town, and this has become our "go to" place this past year after the changes made with a new decor, new chef, and new menu. Especially welcome are healthier choices and the option to have a "taste size" portion of most of the dinner entrees and salads. We always make it a point to dine there every time we are in town, either by ourselves or with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!! The buildingwineloverDined on 10/27/2013Great food!! The building does not have much curb appeal, but the inside is nice and the food was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fill er upBeachEatsVIPDined on 10/17/2013JD's Filling Station maintains the casual ambience of its gas station legacy with numerous license plates and car memorabilia throughout. My wife had garlic chicken with mashed potatoes and a nice green salad with goat cheese. She enjoyed her meal considerably. I had the scallops with spinach and risotto. The scallops and spinach were tasty but the risotto was a bit ordinary. I had a really good French green bean salad as my appetizer. Neither of us had room for the desserts. We'll have to try them next time. Our server was Russian and he was very attentive and we had a nice conversation with him about his home country. All and all, we had a very pleasant evening and will keep this on our list for future trips to Lewes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationDoslocosguysVIPDined on 9/8/2013Celebrated our Mom's birthday. She loves the taste menu here. Five of us for dinner. Had two bottles of wine-perfect temperature and server knew his stuff. Ordered 2 soups-Clam Chowder-hot and very tasty. taste caesar salad and chicken-outstanding. Two Chopineao specials were wonderful! Lobster ravioli with the sauce-perfect. Neice once again had the bison burger and looked great. We had a cheesecake-light and delicious, Chocolate cake and bread pudding-all housemade and perfect. We have been here many of times and this place always amazes us on what an outstanding and creative job they do here! Looking forward to coming back next week, for Dad's birthday with a slightly larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at the beachKirstenDined on 9/6/2013My husband and I really enjoyed our meal. I have celiac disease and the host was knowledgeable, and they were flexible as far as altering menu items to accommodate. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food reasonably pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2013Specials were terrific and their prime rib and steak rate high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in Lewes Beach.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2013Great dinner in Lewes Beach. Our diubke stuffed lobster tails and shrimp with spinach over linguine was outstanding. This restaurant is a real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dinneriluv2eatDined on 8/19/2013We had a very good experience at JD's. Greeted warmly at the door and shown promptly to our table. Surprisingly, it was very quiet although it was a Monday night in the summer. Best sale of the day-half price bottles of wine. Good deal!! Anyway, the waitress was pleasant but not able to answer all our questions but went to the kitchen for a quick consultation. Food was good-nice to have tasting plate sizes as we were not famished. Nicely appointed dining area-in fact better than we expected. Will surely consider returning for another pleasant meal, especially given the variety and the portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing again!DoslocosguysVIPDined on 8/18/2013We have dined here several times and decided to bring our friends from out of the area. 5 Total and we were all blown away from the way the food and presentation was delivered! The chef prepared each of our taste impeccably-not needing anything extra. We orders 3 apts to split...2 bottles wine...(very nice wine list and reasonable. 6 taste plates for dinner and 2 mains. then shared a dessert of warm blueberry bread pudding. We were so stuffed but had such an array of items.. Pan seared scallops...ny strip...blacked shrimp...lobster ravioli..cheese plate and so much more.... the Tetake salad was the best around! Can not wait till we can go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Plain SurroundingsFrugalGastronomeVIPDined on 8/14/2013Don't be put off by the lack of fancy trappings as you drive by or walk up. The dishes were imaginative and expertly prepared. And the portions are ample. (The Rockfish special I ordered was available as a "main" or as a "taste" and when we asked about the sizes, it was obvious that the smaller portion on top of an appetizer would be plenty.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food -- very slow serviceDCnativeVIPDined on 8/10/2013We waited a 35 minutes between appetizer (which took 20) for our entrees. Just not what you expect at a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDKeithVIPDined on 8/10/2013Cool place! The food was excellent. There were 6 people in our group and they all enjoyed their dinner. The overall experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2013What a find! The food was so good and the service was fast and attentive. The local food was so fresh it literally was like eating fish caught that afternoon. The manager explained their process of going to the docks and buying small beaches for the night's dinner special. The crab soup was great as were the oysters. Another diner had the chicken mafioso and the prime rib and both were happy. The small plates allow for a healthier portion and more appetizer to try. I wild definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Dinner Choice in LewesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013JD's has been known as a breakfast/brunch/lunch place. But now it's a great dinner place at reasonable prices. Their new chef produces delicious, heart-healthy dinners that make you want to come back. And it's one of the FEW places in Lewes to take reservations!!! A good bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousZaraVIPDined on 8/2/2013We had a wonderful dinner and dessert. Service was attentive and professional. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utterly AmazingDoslocosguysVIPDined on 7/21/2013This is our 6th visit here and we are amazed at the food-service and overall feeling of this place. Oyster Rockefeller WONDERFUL-Tuna Tata-something delishes...Blackened Shrimp still want more... Can not wait to go back.. You would never know that this place does a full breakfast and lunch then serves this kind of food for dinner....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "new" dining spot in Lewes DEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013We have eaten at JDs many times over the years and always enjoyed it and recommended it to others. New this year is a nice remodelling, scaling back greatly on the garage theme, and now a new chef and new simpler menu with an emphasis on healthy entrees and optional small portions on almost all the dinner items, good for the waistline as well as the budget. Combined with an extra friendly staff, it's hard to beat choosing to dine here. And we dine out frequently at all the spots in Lewes and environs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a tourist townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013The food was delicious and very well priced. Our waitress was friendly and made helpful suggestions.Special Features:
- Lewes GemNeedsAttn2detailVIPDined on 7/7/2013Great new dinner menu although JD's is historically known for breakfast and lunch. A new hit for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food in a Charming AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2013Don't miss this neighborhood gem in a charming, historic 1940's refurbished gas station near the DE beaches. Food was excellent and beautifully prepared. The bar had noteable beers and wines. We had a perfect and elegant early dinner with great service after a long day in the sun and they welcomed casual attire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time. WeluckyrenoDined on 6/30/2013This was my first time. We dined with another couple you had experienced the restaurant with past owners. It was good but still has a ways to go to be considered a neighborhood gem. I would return.
- Taste & Mains???DoslocosguysVIPDined on 6/16/2013Father's Day we brought a party of 5 into JDs as it was recommended by friends. We were totally BLOWN AWAY! Love this taste and mains thing they have here. basically full and half portions-I like to taste many entrees and this gives you the opportunity to do such a thing. My niece had Bison Burger and totally enjoyed it. Dad had fish & chips was not on the menu-asked and the chef did prepare for us. Mom had the fresh breaded oysters and thought the meal was perfectly done-not over cooked! I had the NY Strip steak-done just right-Tuna appt was tasty and delish. The homemade bread pudding was and is creative not to mention the chocolate cake. We are looking forward to coming back to JDs on our next visit to Lewes.Special Features:
- JD's is well known for breakfast,Dan1Dined on 6/16/2013JD's is well known for breakfast, which is fantastic. But with a new Chef, menu and decor update, it is a go to place for dinner with specialties every night. If you go for lunch, which is also teffic, you must try the Savannah Burger. I am a resident and have not ties to this restaurant. Lots of great restaurants in Lewes, and you should add this to the list.Special Features:
- Such a mixed bag at this place...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/15/2013Such a mixed bag at this place... Our waitress struggled to understand the wine flight setup, didn't know they had a children's menu despite the crayons and coloring pages the host had supplied my nephew, spilled oyster shells and ice cubes on one diner, came back to clarify orders multiple times, and generally seemed highly confused. Had she acknowledged that this was her first night on the job, we would certainly have been forgiving, but mistake after mistake was simply apologized for with a smile. That being said, the food was FANTASTIC. The three entrees that were ordered garnered sighs and mmmm's of appreciation from all the diners at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/6/2013We had a wonderful dining experience. Service was terrific and food delicious. The only negative is that we had a special request for a simple dish but they couldn't accomodate us.Special Features:
- Not just a diner!LynnVIPDined on 5/25/2013formerly a diner, this place serves an awesome dinner so don't be fooled by the facade. Had a group of 7 and meals ranged from blackened shrimp/grits, to osso bucco, to sword fish. Everyone loved! When you don't want to hassle with parking in Rehoboth but want a great meal, this is your place!Special Features:
- Not a "crab house"!MomnipDined on 5/24/2013IF you've enough of the shore area "crab house" menu, then this is the place for you. The owner greeted us and give us an overview of the new menu (due to new chef). Buffalo meat (extensive creative burger menu but also steaks and an Olso Bucco special) is featured along with chicken and other fresh seafood. Salads were enjoyable and 2 large served our family of 4 adults along with 1 bowl of the soup of the day which we all shared too (excellent seafood chowder). We also shared some fresh oysters which were as fresh as they get and served perfectly. Almost every entry has a "Taste" and "Main" option which enabled our lighter eaters to enjoy a whole meal but with smaller plate size (luncheon). The place is freshly decorated + clean too.Special Features:
- Tastes-small platesDoslocosguysVIPDined on 5/19/2013We have eaten here many times for breakfast and lunch with an occasional dinner. Love the new chef and his creations. Totally remodeled interior with warm tones of wood and greens. Much relief from the previous dinner menu of diner food. We had Taste of Lobster with sauce-done perfectly. Jerk Chicken salad with cilantro dressing-fresh and innovative. Maryland Crab cake broiled-no filler here with potatoes and the Thai Curry saute over risotto-prefect. We were so full with 4 taste-no room for the tempting housemade bread pudding-warm peach with vanilla ice cream. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013The new Maryland Crab is excellent. The staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fresh crab special!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013A great place to go when you want excellent food and to be able to carry on a quiet conversation. Prices are very reasonable!Special Features: