JCT Kitchen and Bar
1198 Howell Mill Rd, Ste 18
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JCT Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jctkitchen.com/index.html
- Phone: 4043552252x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday Supper: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: EJ Hodgkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: JCT Kitchen and Bar offers a variety of options and spaces to fit your event needs that include restaurant buy outs for up to 200, and semi-private dining for up to 50 guests maximum.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Mosley 4043555311x12
- Entertainment: Occasional "Singer/Songwriters"
- Special Events: Please contact our events department at email@example.com for special event information.
A word from JCT Kitchen and Bar
Acclaimed Chef Ford Fry serves up Southern farmstead cooking based on seasonal ingredients at JCT Kitchen & Bar, his restaurant in Atlanta’s Westside Urban Market. JCT Kitchen and Bar provides an upscale yet casual dining experience with a menu reminiscent of family favorites that are elevated to a gourmet level. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner, while JCT.’s rooftop bar offers a small Southern plates menu, innovative cocktails and live music for guests to enjoy while overlooking the historic neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
JCT Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
JCT Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
383 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (237)neighborhood gem (164)special occasion (162)good for groups (139)hot spot (137)great for outdoor dining (120)vibrant bar scene (104)romantic (102)great for lunch (99)great for brunch (47)late-night find (38)notable wine list (35)scenic view (30)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- Great food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place prices are very high. Food was good out waiter was very slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantflarobynDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I ate here after flying into Atlanta. Our table was ready, service was great. Food was very good - my husband said the mussels were outstanding! Fried chicken was extremely good. Nice wine list. Neat atmosphere, very industrial feel. Only criticism, it was a little noisy for us but then we were probably the oldest couple there! (we are both 65) But that did not deter our enjoyment of dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome place for southern foodJdawgDined on 9/12/2014I just moved to Atlanta and I found out that this is a place that you must visit when you're in the city. Plenty of parking, great food, great service, and amazing ambience. It can be a little hard to hear and talk, and it's pretty dim lighting during dinner. Lots of people, so make sure to make reservations ahead of time! I had the shrimp and grits which was delicious and it tasted great even as leftovers the next morning. Dessert menu is amazing as well! Prices run a bit high, but worth it. A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a waste of time and moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Horrible service, worse dessert, and fair food. Best thing on my plate was the truffle mashed potatoes.
- Very ImpressedMacman8352Dined on 9/6/2014First time at this location. This is another Ford Dry establishment and is noted for fried chicken and it was great, My wife had Pork Osco Busco and was incredible. For appetizer I had the Mussels and I've eaten Mussels in many places and these were the best ever! Our server was Gloria and made us feel right at home and welcome. We ate there on Saturday and we are still bragging about the place on Monday. Needless to say we'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FOOD!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We had such a wonderful time with delicious food & wine! Our server was friendly and nice too so that was a plus.Special Features:
- Noisy but very good food!!TheresaRealmVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is loud! Given the restaurant was packed, but the noise level was definitely on the high side. The food and service made up for the deafening noise. Food and service are definitely top notch. We ordered the Parmesan truffle fries, corn soup, fried chicken skins, JCT fried chicken, po boy and crispy fish sandwich. Everyone at the table loves the food. There was nothing we did not like. Our server Ashley was very nice and friendly. Highly recommend for anyone to make a reservation before trying to get a table here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar not a great RestaurantlperezmartinDined on 9/4/2014Love the place, but the food is not my favorite. The cocktails are great though.Special Features:
- Ok food with great ambiance.dreammaker77Dined on 9/3/2014Let's start with the positive. The ambiance is great! Otherwise, the food isn't bad but you are better off going to Canoe. The deviled eggs were REALLY SALTY. However, the chicken dishes were quite good. Also, the bread and apple butter they serve is good. Overall, I would say that JCT isn't bad but is not a must go to place.Special Features:
- DeliciousMaryMillerDined on 9/3/2014The food was great, the service was great, but it was pretty hard to hear. We were there for lunch and it was too hot to eat outside. We still felt like it was a good choice as everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceLovingJCTDined on 9/2/2014The food was exceptional and the service was excellent! I ordered the Fried Chicken weith Mac & Cheese and it was the best! The waitress was very helpful with my selection, since it was my first time visiting. She gave great recommendations based on her tasting and my water was always full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsatlmomVIPDined on 9/2/2014I enjoyed another great meal at JCT Kitchen. Food, service, ambience and location were all great!Special Features:
- Has been on way down for some timeDisappointedVIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been to JCT many times before. This particular visit fell well below prior experiences and expectations. First of all, the Sunday fixed menu was very disappointing. To make matters worse, the service was just may be a notch above what you might expect at a service stop on the Ohio Turnpike. Our server was just not at all friendly, or attempting to be helpful; mostly, she was nowhere to be found! When we asked for some minor changes to menu items (e.g. hold this or more of that), she responded by basically saying you get what you get and that the kitchen can't handle the modifications. It was really disappointing. I would *not* return to JCT again; there are lots of other quality restaurants in Atlanta now that offer much better!
- Southern Hospitality at its bestMichezpichezDined on 8/30/2014Found this restaraunt thru google. So suprised this hadn't been reccommended to me by someone else. First of all, they were very accommodating with my reservation changes. The space was elegant, warm and inviting. I went traditional southern with collard greens, Mac n cheese and fried chicken. The greens were so so so good. Ever heard the term "greens so good they make you wanna slap your mamma?" Yeah, that good. Mac n cheese was good and fried chicken was delicious as well. My date ordered the chicken and dumplings. It wasn't the traditional soupy version, but he was highly impressed with flavor of the chicken. Portions were sizable Only complaints: Didn't care for the chickpea salad. Cocktail was small for the $12 price tag. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a first datecjshenanigansDined on 8/29/2014I've been hitting the bar up for a while now and just recently stopped in at the restaurant. The service is great and very personable. The food is amazing, we tried several different things with the Mac n cheese and the Truffle fries being the most notable. The cocktails are superb and there's a taste for everyone. Of course the upstairs bar is amazing once it cools off and the occasional passing train is fun. I would recommend reservations, as it can get crowded. This place should definitely be on your list for anyone who considers themself a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still scratching my head...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014I arrived early for a business lunch scheduled for 12:30 pm. Once seated, I noticed a woman to my right being served what appeared to be a very generous lobster roll. The waiter told me that they usually had sold out if them by now but they had 7 or 8 remaining in the kitchen. Since my guest hadn't arrived, I asked for him to put one on hold and he said, no problem. Either I would order it or offer it to my guest when he arrived. So when my guest did arrive, he was excited to hear I had put the lobster roll on hold because he knew they were awesome. When the waiter came back, I asked if we could do two instead of the one I asked to be held. The waiter was apologetic but said didn't put it on hold and were now sold out. Very disappointing.
- Remarkably creative- perfectly doneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Planning lunch for an important client? Why are you considering anywhere but JCT Kitchen? We had the ridiculously good lobster rolls - huge chunks of fresh lobster meat - accompanied by a delicate and delicious mac and cheese, delightful truffle fries, Benton ham topped deviled eggs, and a should-be-illegal dessert of coconut cake with vanilla roasted pineapple. Unbelievable. Mimosas, by the way, were the perfect accompaniment. Treat yourself. Plan lunch at JCT asap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 8/27/2014Thought the service was excellent. First time going and was a lot louder than I expected but still enjoyed it. Extensive beer and wine menu. Food was great and did not take too long to come out.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and cocktailshcraytorDined on 8/27/2014First time at JCT. Interior is very clean & simple, wood meets metal contemporary. Music got too loud at times, & the restaurant went from mostly empty at 6 to very crowded & a bit noisy by 8. Our server was enthusiastic & attentive (I can't remember her name - she's a brunette with a black & white tattoo on her right bicep). Cocktails are delicious. I recommend the Ginger Beard + house vodka. Instead of entrees, we had several appetizers & sides to share. Favorites were the apples & kale, deviled eggs, & the fried corn, but we also liked the mac & cheese, tomatoes & Burrata, fried green tomatoes, & melon & ham. Wanted dessert but forgot to save room, so we ended up with a tasty small plate of caramelized bananas. Overall A+, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken sandwich a missyummytummyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Toasted ciabatta bread for the grilled chicken sandwich was hard and dry... maybe use another type of bread next time? Lacked flavor and interest. Fries were a bit soggy; friends seemed to like the shrimp with bibb lettuce and the trout; coconut cake at end was also dry and flavorless. Will be a while before I return
- Sunday supperMadboiDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed the Sunday supper. Fantastic fried chicken. Definitely on the pricy side but would go again.Special Features:
- Sunday SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014Sunday Supper is always great at JCT. Out of all the restaurants that have sunday brunch, or Sunday Supper, JCT shines above the rest. The food is high quality and locally sustained, like the Pearson Peaches used in the desert that comes with the meal. For $26 you cant eat anywhere else in Atlanta, and get as much foods as they offer from a restaurant of their caliber. Warm biscuits with apple butter, deviled eggs, family style salad, entree, three sides for the table, and desert. If you haven't been to JCT on sunday ... its a must add to anyones list! Notable entrees: Quail, pork shoulder, skillet fried chicken. Notable sides: Mac n Cheese, collards, corn with blue cheese and bacon.Special Features:
- Very good food, not good servicecybelineDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good, ordered the steak tartare which was great, fried oysters and mac&cheese. It was late night and we were sharing it all between my husband and I. Service was not very good, server was pushy on the fact that we only ordered a few things and kept on telling us it was small. Had to ask for water refills because they never came. Yes it was a saturday evening they were busy but it was sloppy. Also had a hair in the batter for the fried oysters. Mentioned it nicely at the end and all I received was "ok, will let them know", no sorry, not comped either. However was very quick with the bill.Special Features:
- Great Upscale LunchebgwinVIPDined on 8/23/2014Friday and Saturday lunch feature - LOBSTER ROLLS. Excellent. We had a great lunch - starting with Angry Mussels - one of my favorite dishes. Then we split a lobster roll and a pork sandwich that was another special of the day. The service was friendly and mostly attentive. All of the food was exceptional and we left stuffed.Special Features:
- Best food in a whileElms2014Dined on 8/22/2014I went there to write a review on the resteraunt and I was very pleased on what I got. The fried chicken is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joyeux13Dined on 8/20/2014Food was good, but I would suggest that you offer "shrimp and grits" both with and without meat. I was with a European who didn't really know what Andouille was. She ordered the dish thinking it only had shrimp and was horrified to see that there was meat, since she is a vegetarian. Also, you need more taxis in the area. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a taxi.Special Features:
- Yummy!!Yummy2Dined on 8/20/2014Great service! Attentive service without being obnoxious. The best southern food I've had in a long time! We were there for our daughters birthday and they brought her a delicious dessert with a candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in AtlantajenlovesfoodDined on 8/20/2014I've been to JCT at least 5 times now to eat and every time I've been impressed. Two of my favorite meals are the fried chicken and the shrimp and grits. Then for appetizer, you can't go wrong with the deviled eggs or the truffle fries. Their drink list is just as great. The vibe at their upstairs bar is trendy and fun and it's even better when they have live music. It's definitely one of our favorite places to meet up with friends for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualjackiecDined on 8/19/2014Lunch was fantastic. I enjoyed the shrimp & grits & my guest loved the Po Boy. We arrived at 1 so there was no lunch crowd. We had a great seat and attentive service. It was perfect for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great outing with Friends!dlp1211Dined on 8/18/2014Some friends & I went out just to get together b/c we hadn't seen each other in a while, so we decided on JCT Kitchen. What a GREAT choice! The food was phenomenal!! One of their "share" plates is a melon dish. I don't remember the name of it but it was the first one on the list. It has red & white watermelon & cantaloupe tossed in a lemon vinaigrette. We order one, devoured it & got another one. The best word we could come up with for this was "fresh"! The Fried Green Tomatoes were awesome too! Our server, Emily S, was amazing! She was very attentive yet not "over bearing". She did an excellent job & had some wonderful recommendations for us - especially the melon starter. We all enjoyed our evening together & will be back again! Thanks!Special Features:
- Sunday night dinnerStef12Dined on 8/17/2014We went there for their family-style Sunday night dinners. I had been there before for those dinners, so I knew what to expect. As always, the food was outstanding. Everything we ordered was delicious, including the collard greens (which I don't always like). However, the service seemed a little off this time. It's always busy on Sunday nights, but this time the servers were rushed and not as attentive. Despite this, I would go back to JCT Kitchen over and over againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014was a little surprised how many young people were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and rushed serviceSylviaJaneDined on 8/16/2014We came for a special evening and were disappointed. The bartender rushed our drink order at the bar downstairs and 1 drink was just "thrown together" without any thought to the cocktail. The cocktails are expensive. The bartenders just wanted the drinks out. Plus, the drink was served in maybe an 8 oz glass with tons of ice-please...We checked in at the counter 45 minutes early then when we approached the host to seat us, they didn't have a table. We were seated in the back by a very loud table of between 12-15 people. We could barely hear each other. The food was delicious and fresh but this restaurant is not for people that care about personal service and want to dine in an intimate environment.Special Features:
- Would go backSasswithClassDined on 8/16/2014It was a beautiful restaurant and the Mac no cheese was amazing, along with the Georgia Fried Corn. Not really for children. Upstairs bar was nice. Service was fantastic. Ameretto Sour was the best I've had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love JCT but ...CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014The last few visits I have noticed service staff seems to get younger and greener. Server this time was fine if a little inarticulate. But we were seated along the back wall between two server stations, and it was early, so few diners. Servers paraded by constantly, stopping to chat with each other (right in front of our table) about the Falcons, the coming weekend, etc. Can you tell I was irritated? However, the food was good as always. Not great, but very good, comfort food. Recommend crispy oysters app. Sea bass special was beautifully prepared. Banana ice cream pie was incredible. Cocktails are always well-made. We do like the roof-top bar for apps and drinks at sundown.Special Features:
- Service too rushed.AllGoodDined on 8/14/2014Good food, great ambience just need to not rush the experience. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMacAtlantaVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had another great experience at JCT Kitchen. We had a wonderful lunch a couple of weeks ago, and went back for dinner this time. For appetizers, be sure get the deviled eggs to share. They always have several special cheese offerings for a first course. We loved the trout and the chicken and dumplings as entrees. Be sure to leave room for the rum soaked coconut cake for desert. Finally, the restaurant is very comfortable and warm atmosphere. Plenty of room between the tables and not too noisy.Special Features:
- Nice Start - Unfortunate EndingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014JCT Kitchen is a favored lunch and dinner spot. This time, however, I was very disappointed that both I and the other person I was dining with were BOTH double-charged for our meals. We split the ticket, signed off on our 50/50 respective amounts, added the tip, and then were each charged double for our meals. Not the finest lasting impression on this one, guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not special for special occasionssassyDined on 8/10/2014made opentable reservation stating specifically that we were celebrating daughter's birthday and would need 2 high chairs. When I called in, hostess had a rude attitude - everyone in the car commented on it. when we got there, was obvious they hadn't read my request. Had to scramble for high chairs and made no mention of celebration. I won't be returning. Also, not kid friendly even for Sunday afternoon supper... too bad....
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The service was the best part of the experience. It was southern fare with such a flair that it missed the southern feel I was expecting. I am from the south and teh food had such an edge. But this is also what made it appealing. I would definitely recommend JCT Kitchen but not for one going for true southern food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.