JCT Kitchen and Bar
1198 Howell Mill Rd, Ste 18
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JCT Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jctkitchen.com/index.html
- Phone: (404) 355-2252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday Supper: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: EJ Hodgkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: JCT Kitchen and Bar offers a variety of options and spaces to fit your event needs that include restaurant buy outs for up to 200, and semi-private dining for up to 50 guests maximum.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Mosley 4043555311x12
- Entertainment: Occasional "Singer/Songwriters"
- Special Events: Please contact our events department at firstname.lastname@example.org for special event information.
A word from JCT Kitchen and Bar
Acclaimed Chef Ford Fry serves up Southern farmstead cooking based on seasonal ingredients at JCT Kitchen & Bar, his restaurant in Atlanta’s Westside Urban Market. JCT Kitchen and Bar provides an upscale yet casual dining experience with a menu reminiscent of family favorites that are elevated to a gourmet level. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner, while JCT.’s rooftop bar offers a small Southern plates menu, innovative cocktails and live music for guests to enjoy while overlooking the historic neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
JCT Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
JCT Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
348 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (221)neighborhood gem (148)good for groups (134)hot spot (127)special occasion (121)great for lunch (103)great for outdoor dining (103)romantic (86)vibrant bar scene (85)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (32)late-night find (23)scenic view (23)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014One of the great Atlanta restaurants. Southern food with a contemporary twist. Pork chops and fried green tomatoes were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedGeoatlDined on 11/22/2014A terrific experience. Server was great, service prompt and the "farm to table" food was very good. A cool atmosphere and fun vibe. Recommended for a casual night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fair drinks, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Our table was immediately ready for us at our reserved time. The food was delivered efficiently and was really delicious. Drinks were fair, just not well balanced. Our server was excellent, I believe his name is Jake (or some other J name). The valet in Atlanta is out of control. If I can see my car and ample parking then I can certainly walk there myself and do it even faster. Thanks, but no thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very nice experiencePapaDined on 11/20/2014Everything was superb. Food, service, pricing and more was well worth it. Noise level was only negative factor. It was more than "energetic" (see above). Would definitely return and just hope for less noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014Food was great! Farm to table means everything is fresh. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Atmosphere was lively and everyone around seemed to be enjoying themselves. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Weekday Dinneriji93108VIPDined on 11/17/2014Attentive service, reservation honored on time, quality food and choices, and tolerant of a five year old that accompanied us. Negative is overall noise level on a weekday night. Draperies between many tables helps absorb some noise, but still hard to hold a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love JCT!IMFunnDined on 11/16/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta. My first time doing the family style Sunday Dinner and it was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerGreatDined on 11/15/2014This was our first time trying out JCT. Had heard a lot about it. Definitely try their oysters - we had a platter so had about 3 oysters of each of their oyster offerings and it was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialBfarr530VIPDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I both expected better based on reviews and reputation. Deviled eggs appetizer was very good but the entrees could have been better. There was just nothing remarkable or outstanding. Could have gotten the same meal at any number of restaurants in Atlanta.
- Loud, trendy sceneYummyVIPDined on 11/14/2014When checking in we were told to be out in one hour, they needed the table. Food was exceptionally salty. A small selection of entrees. Stick with what they are known for ....the fried chicken.Special Features:
- Always consistent, current seasonal menu, topsYellowjacketVIPDined on 11/14/2014Epitome of the farm to market style. Very well prepared, unique dishes (ham wrapped redfish on bed of veggies and potatoes) plus standbys (chicken sandwich with marinated toppings). Best to come after 1 pm for lunch if you do not want to have to talk loudly. Very skilled serving team. Depth of menu knowledge. clear why this place is so well regarded with out being stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCT: Delicious Food, Great AmbianceVisionDined on 11/10/2014Took an exec who was visiting from California to JCT. He is well traveled and has discriminating taste. JCT offered both Southern charm and excitement while serving up the perfect food experience. Great staff and atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatoutVIPDined on 11/10/2014Got recommendation from neighbor…..wouldn't pass along. Lively, industrial setting but left us cold. Food un-eceptional. Salads mediocre.Special Features:
- Very good as usual, a few issues.CenobiaDined on 11/9/2014JCT is a go-to favorite of ours. This is the first time we've gone for the Sunday supper, and didn't realize the pris fixe was only option till we were seated. The selection of entrees also great, but missed ordering some of our other favorites. A few suprising issues included the salad, which was quite bland and very large - felt wasteful. Also my entree (meat loaf) was cold, but of course the waiter fixed that right away. So, no worries about going back.Special Features:
- Improved from last visitMeghanSDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I went back for our second visit in a month...a do-over of sorts. This visit was Much Improved. Our server, Damien, really came through. He was attentive when he needed to be and gave us space to enjoy our dinner when the time came. We were not rushed through the ordering process or pushed out the door wen dinner was over. In addition, there were some new menu items since our last visit which were all delicious! This experience really proved that our last visit with bad service was just a fluke. Thanks for redeeming yourself, JCTKitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014It was my first time dining at JCT, and I must say it was an excellent experience from the service to the food,I will definitely be a returning customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014From the service to the food it was just a great experience. They are doing everything right.Special Features:
- Popular PlaceDivaHKDined on 11/7/2014It is a lovely restaurant; however, the noise level can be a little overwhelming. I personally think the food in the Upstairs Bar is better than the dining room. While I have had the fish sandwich a number of times, I found it to be a little disappointing on my last visit. Fries are great, and the salads are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still great, but slipping a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014Love this place, but not as spot on as usual. Glass of champagne (at bar inside restaurant) was not cold and a little flat. French fries not warm, and apple cake dessert was not represented as warm, but should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and ambianceShelbyfromMadisonDined on 11/6/2014We had lovely service and we're promptly seated with our reservation despite arriving a bit late. The waitress and hostess were upbeat and attended to every detail. The fried green tomato appetizer was delicious and generated stories around our table of Ohio visitors of how their mother's had fried this late season bounty. However, our entrees were only "so-so" - shrimp and grits, vegetarian, and chicken dumplings. The only rave review was for the haddock fish special. We can give applause for the apple cake dessert we shared - a round tender spice cake with a generous serving of vanilla ice cream. A shout out for Jeni's ice cream (from our hometown Columbus Ohio) that is in the same area - add some salty caramel to your dessert menu.Special Features:
- Out of towner MUSTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014I took a few out of town guests to JCT and each of them raved how great it was. A quick stroll up to the upstairs patio before crossing the bridge to Ormsby's and all of them left thinking they could live in Atlanta. JCT is a go-to when you want to show off the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angel on highVinoGrapeDined on 11/4/2014Our Server was named "Angel" and he lived up to his name. This guy is great! One of the best dinning experiences in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Sunday Supper, superbkgosdenDined on 11/2/2014We went for the Sunday Supper which is an upscale meat & three fixed price menu. Really a great value for the $26 price. The fried chicken at JCT is always good and this visit was no exception; crisp and spicy offset by a drizzle of honey. The sides we choose, roast brussel sprouts, kale with apples and the creamed corn were all tasty and fresh although the creamed corn was more like succotash. I highly recommend the Sunday Supper.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinnerdinnerfor2Dined on 11/2/2014JCT Kitchen was the perfect choice for celebrating my husband's birthday. The food, ambiance and service were exceptional. This was truly a good choice for dinner!Special Features:
- We'll be Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2014First visit was for Sunday night supper. Great idea. Great choice of entrees and sides. Everything delicious! Love the decor and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to expectationssusieDined on 11/2/2014Very disappointing Sunday nite supper - res at 5, staff still doing tasting, biscuits were not ready, mashed potatoes were not hot, barely wilted kale, it might as well have been raw, sprouts were barely cooked, could not even get them on fork.
- Good… some more exciting optionsOTPFoodiesDined on 11/1/2014We have visited JCT Kitchen several times. The food is always good, yet it really struck me this time that there are more interesting and exciting options all over Atlanta and even in the area right around JCT. Service is very good, food is consistently good, but lacking that next level?
- Fantastic experience!TarHeel13Dined on 11/1/2014We had a great experience at JCT! Great food, service was excellent, and the environment was perfect for a fun date spot. Highly recommend JCT Kitchen.Special Features:
- first timeyoushouldgoDined on 11/1/2014Highly recommended by some local friends during our visit- GREAT SUGGESTION!!! Food was delicious! A little cramped seating but setting was beautiful. Difficult to find - GPS was confused! Favourites- devilled eggs, corn on cob,bread with Apple butter- delicious!!!Special Features:
- BobcatBobcatDined on 11/1/2014Our first visit was Saturday for lunch and was a very enjoyable experience. The menu is a bit unique with many intriguing offerings; as they say Southern with a French twist. We had friendly, efficient service and really enjoyed all the food items we tried. We'll go back to try all that we did not get on this trip.Special Features:
- Best Meal I've had in a long time!MoshJ79Dined on 10/31/2014The Cesar salad and non- traditional Chicken with nocci dumplings was the bomb! Their staff was kind and attentive, very down to earth. I had a great conversation with the bar tender who also was quite knowledgable about the history of the area where the restaurant resides. His suggestion for the cocanut rum cake was excellent for my choice of dessert! Great place to eat or meet friends for drinks! A must for those visiting Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go to!Bridesmaids7VIPDined on 10/31/2014I always take friends in town to this place! It's fun, different and wonderful food!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious and not overratedGRITSDined on 10/31/2014We thought the food was delicious, and our waiter was very attentive even though the place was full. He was friendly and kept checking on us. We loved the fried chicken and the chicken and dumplings (which is really more like chicken and gnocchi with vegetables). Too bad the place is so loud, but it was too cold to sit outside. I will try it again when the warmer weather returns so we can sit outside!Special Features:
- Yum!ACDCACVIPDined on 10/31/2014The grown up grilled cheese is to die for. The truffle fries are outstanding. The angry mussels are delicious. Not so happy with the beet salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!love2eatDined on 10/30/2014Everything was great from the craft beer/wine list and menu options to the delicious entrees and especially our server who made strong recommendations and we had no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceYaHeardDined on 10/29/2014Dining at JCT is always more than a meal--it's always an experience. The food is always fantastic and ever changing so it's worth repeat visits over time. It has a great but small patio upstairs in the JCT bar for those neighborhood happy hours and ambiance you crave on a summer workday happy hour. However, the gem is still the cuisine. The main restaurant has a bit of a split personality when it comes to your experience. The main restaurant is low lit and decorated such that you would think it could be a romantic date night, however the noise level, overall size and number of larger groups there kill that intention. It's an overall good experience and the food is worth it every. single. time.Special Features:
- WonderfuljcfeatsDined on 10/27/2014Five of us went to celebrate a birthday. had a great time. food was, as always, yummy but our enjoyment was largely due to the service. She was the most pleasant, attentive wine/menu literate young woman - best service I have had anywhere in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure...MilesDined on 10/25/2014I have been numerous times and have never been disappointed. It's "that" place. Nearby Jeni's or Oransby's is a great way to finish off the night. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southern food with a twistJuliaWTVIPDined on 10/24/2014really well prepared food. Wonderful friend chicken. Burgers cooked to perfection. Fried green tomatoes. Wonderful service. I love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible health rating 73CBfoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014We did not eat after we notice the health rating was a 73C. Will not reserve table here again.