JCT Kitchen and Bar
1198 Howell Mill Rd, Ste 18
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JCT Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jctkitchen.com/index.html
- Phone: 4043552252x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday Supper: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: EJ Hodgkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: JCT Kitchen and Bar offers a variety of options and spaces to fit your event needs that include restaurant buy outs for up to 200, and semi-private dining for up to 50 guests maximum.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Mosley 4043555311x12
- Entertainment: Occasional "Singer/Songwriters"
- Special Events: Please contact our events department at firstname.lastname@example.org for special event information.
A word from JCT Kitchen and Bar
Acclaimed Chef Ford Fry serves up Southern farmstead cooking based on seasonal ingredients at JCT Kitchen & Bar, his restaurant in Atlanta’s Westside Urban Market. JCT Kitchen and Bar provides an upscale yet casual dining experience with a menu reminiscent of family favorites that are elevated to a gourmet level. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner, while JCT.’s rooftop bar offers a small Southern plates menu, innovative cocktails and live music for guests to enjoy while overlooking the historic neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
JCT Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
JCT Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (226)neighborhood gem (147)special occasion (134)good for groups (130)hot spot (125)great for outdoor dining (113)great for lunch (103)vibrant bar scene (93)romantic (89)great for brunch (38)notable wine list (33)late-night find (31)scenic view (22)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- WonderfuljcfeatsDined on 10/27/2014Five of us went to celebrate a birthday. had a great time. food was, as always, yummy but our enjoyment was largely due to the service. She was the most pleasant, attentive wine/menu literate young woman - best service I have had anywhere in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure...MilesDined on 10/25/2014I have been numerous times and have never been disappointed. It's "that" place. Nearby Jeni's or Oransby's is a great way to finish off the night. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southern food with a twistJuliaWTVIPDined on 10/24/2014really well prepared food. Wonderful friend chicken. Burgers cooked to perfection. Fried green tomatoes. Wonderful service. I love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible health rating 73CBfoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014We did not eat after we notice the health rating was a 73C. Will not reserve table here again.
- JCT delivers againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014JCT really never disappoints. From the outside seating area to the upstairs outside bar with the view, this place delivers on scenery and ambiance. The Trout and Fried Chicken were excellent. And the portions were generous as I had my leftovers the next day!Special Features:
- Surprised by Health ScoreDawgDinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014JCT is my favorite of all Ford Fry's restaurants and I had yet another wonderful meal (tomato soup and egg salad sandwich) but was extraordinarily surprised and disappointed to see the 73 health score on my way out the door post-meal. I hope that this is rectified immediately; i won't be returning until then. Also, hostess was rude.
- gazpachoDined on 10/21/2014Very good , tasty and original food . Friendly and fast service . We love it everytime we go and we go often. Our favorite restaurant in Atlanta .Special Features:
- JCT is worth the tripLanceDined on 10/21/2014I cannot say enough positive things about the Kitchen and the Bar at JCT.Special Features:
- Amazing chicken saladJessicaDDined on 10/21/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the chicken salad and the service was above average. However it was incredibly loud. We asked to be moved to quieter area of the restaurant and ended up sitting outside which was much better to have a conversation. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointing OutingatlmaverickDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I were having an impromptu date night on a Monday night recently and decided to stop in at JCT. We made reservations for 8:15 and were seated exactly on time. The ambiance was as we expected, but a little loud and boisterous due to several large groups dining nearby. The menu was also as we expected, with my wife ordering an appetizer, salad and entree, while I ordered a few cocktails and my entree. The disappointment came int he service. Even with the large groups receiving their meals before we ordered, several other tables received their meals before us despite our orders being placed ahead of them. In addition, our waitress was almost non-verbal during service, and stopped by only three times during the entire evening.Special Features:
- Absolutely loved it!beetlebug702Dined on 10/20/2014Can't wait to eat here again! Everything was wonderful! The staff was great and the atmosphere was beautiful. I had the chicken and dumplings which were not your typical chicken and dumplings. But, they were out of this world. I had the apple cake with brown butter ice cream for dessert and it was delicious. I would love to have the recipes for all of their menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014We loved it! Our server, Christina, was knowledgeable and great! Shrimp and grits delicious. Rum soaked coconut cake amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Held a going away lunch for 5 folks. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and food. The guest of honor felt special. We shared Chicken skins and Deviled eggs to get in a southern mood! Everyone enjoyed their meals. The only down side was we were too full for dessert! this is my go to dinner place for friends visiting from out of townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good southern comfort foodBlondieinBkDined on 10/16/2014Favorite spot in the south for fried chicken, shrimp & grits, fried green tomatos and brussel sprouts. Wine list is good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great at celebrations!!RmpowellDined on 10/14/2014I brought my boyfriend here to celebrate his acceptance in grad school and they made the night so special!!! I left some instructions in the notes and everything was executed perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is loudTomBigVIPDined on 10/12/2014Granted, our table was outside the kitchen door- always a problem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern ComfortEZDineDined on 10/12/2014Great farm to table restaurant serving a good southern cuisine. Sunday is a great day to go as they only open from 5pm - 9pm.Special Features:
- Rushed through dinnerMeghanSDined on 10/11/2014We had friends visiting from Paris and wanted to take them for some quality Southern Food. While the food itself was good, our service was very terrible. We repeatedly told our server we were not in a rush and would like to space our meal. Although he acknowledged that, we were completely rushed through our dinner. On top of that, No plates were brought when the apps arrived even though we told him we were going to share. Then he brought two small plates for 6 people. Dinner was brought before the apps were cleared. We all ran out of drinks and had to call him over to order. Dessert and coffee were brought without spoons...the whole thing was a debacle. I was embraced that I chose this restaurant for such a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back soon!GGGerstDined on 10/11/2014Great experience, great food, great service. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at JCT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh CuisineBeachpixieVIPDined on 10/10/2014The redfish was tasty and the coffee was strong. The staff is as trendy as the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The signature fried chicken is it!slightfoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014The fried chicken is SO tasty!! You will also have enough to take home. I always attempt to try something new for my entree but the chicken calls me every time lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findAlfredharobahenadoc1Dined on 10/8/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our time here. The service was great! The staff was friendly and best of all, the food was great! Definately go to try the fried chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmc3VIPDined on 10/6/2014I first received a friendly greeting from the valet and then again when I entered the restaurant by the host and hostess. I was offered either a table, or a seat at the bar, if I preferred. I appreciated this and elected to sit at the bar. The bar staff was very attentive and well versed on menu items. Food was great, as expected.Special Features:
- Fried ChickenNTAtlantaDined on 10/5/2014Thank God that they brought back the collard greens and cornbread with the fried chicken and got rid of that terrible bean salad with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Sunday SupperEaterDined on 10/5/2014We visited JCT Kitchen for their Sunday Supper and were not disappointed. The biscuits and deviled eggs are tasty starters. We ordered the fried chicken and boneless chicken thighs- both amazing. For sides, we ordered collard greens, fried corn, and summer beans. The collards and fried corn were excellent, but the summer beans were not what I expected. Instead of green beans, we were served chickpeas and navy beans. They were good, but not what I wanted- perhaps a description would have helped clarify? Dessert, a brownie with whipped creme, was the perfect ending. Our server was excellent and attentive. The atmosphere was casual and relaxed- like you would want Sunday Supper to be at home. We will definitely!Special Features:
- Half Good & Half BaddatenightDined on 10/4/2014On time and courteous greeters were enthusiastic showed us to our table but things headed south from there. The waiter seems to be uninterested in having us as a patron. He was very impatient as we decided on or drinks and failed to cover the specials when taking our order. Once the order was placed is took over an hour to get our meals and needless to say the entrees were cold. I would have understood if someone had given us an update, even after a few requests no one every respond to our inquiry. The manager did offer to reheat the food and make an adjustment of a bill. Despite the poor service, the food was outstanding and would definitely recommend based on the chief.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLynchpinVIPDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant gained its fame (and our patronage) from incredible Southern fried chicken. It was delicious, light tan, juicy.....heavenly! The key word in the last sentence is WAS. Last week we took one of our grandsons, 11 years old, for a birthday dinner. We were shocked and disappointed. The fried chicken came out a very dark brown. The chicken was dry and tasteless. The fried green tomatoes were the worst we have ever eaten. Cooked in the same old, used grease, this Southern delicacy was lukewarm, soggy, and best suited for compost. It seems to us that the restaurant got caught up in the excitement of good reviews and took their eyes off the quality. There are too many GREAT restaurants in Atlanta.....we will not go back to JCT!
- We can't get enoughfashfamilyVIPDined on 10/1/2014The food at JCT is just done right. Southern favorites, cooked to perfection, and elevated in a way that reminds you of home but served in a classy way. The pork chop is the best in town by far. Smokey, grilled, and juicy. I could eat two of them. Start with the deviled eggs and angry mussels and you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Great experience!FijigalDined on 9/27/2014We went to JCT with another couple and had a great time. Love the ambiance and lighting. Vibrant place but not too loud. Angry mussels and Parmesan fries are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I recently took my girlfriend here on Saturday and did not have a pleasant experience. I made reservations on Tuesday and made the trip from Macon to eat at what I heard was a place with fantastic food. We both ordered the hanger steak and the first time it came out it was chared and the second time it came it out was too over done which we ordered medium rare. I was just very disappointed and I had one bite of the second plate and left. To be honest it was the biggest waste of $90 I have ever spent. Thanks, Joe Newton
- DisappointedLexiVIPDined on 9/27/2014I've been to JCT several times and have always been blown away by the decor, the food, and the unfailingly exception service. My boyfriend's family made a very rare trip to Atlanta for a visit and we had no doubt that JCT was the place to take them... Unfortunately I think we may have oversold the experience before arrival. Service was adequate; I place no blame on our individual waiter as it appeared from our observations that he was working several large parties in addition to a number of quickly-turning tables. However, what we'd anticipated being a long dinner enjoyed over many glasses of wine turned into a quick "check please!" when we were finally able to get his attention. I'll be back - but not with anyone that I want to impress.Special Features:
- bad servicejcfeatsDined on 9/27/2014second visit - service still bad as in, let me keep walking by your table and turn my head the other way! Took 30 minutes to ask for our drink order (mixology here is 5 star)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatdragonDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time dining and the food was again excellent. The cocktails are weak, but that is the only flaw I've seen.Special Features:
- One of my Go To'stiffdiffDined on 9/25/2014Reasonably priced, awesome food, and a fantastic ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backFT00Dined on 9/25/2014Couldn't be better. Everything was great and service spectacularSpecial Features:
- Great place!DF30Dined on 9/24/2014The food and the atmosphere was great. It was the perfect place to have a lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We went to our first Sunday Supper and had a great meal. The fried chicken was excellent. We were afraid our expectations were too high, but it did not disappoint at all. Truly tasty. And we loved the quail as well - so flavorful and juicy. Collards, mashed potatoes and bean and tomato salad were great accompaniments, and the appetizers and dessert were great too. Our server, Jennifer, was fabulous. So personable and she clearly wanted us to enjoy ourselves, which we did. It was a lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Southern comfort foodcnalscVIPDined on 9/21/2014On our last day in Atlanta, we chose to get our fix of Southern food by taking in the Sunday supper at JCT. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately; our waiter was friendly and helpful. And yes, we got our fix of Southern food: the Sunday supper comes with biscuits, deviled eggs, a farm stand salad, your choice of meat and three sides to share. We had it all: Fried chicken, pork shoulder, the mac & cheese, corn and stewed green beans. We could barely finish the brown butter blondie which came for dessert. The bottle of Vermentino went relatively well with the meal. We did have trouble getting a cab back to the hotel (Midtown westside doesn't seem cab friendly) but it was an nice end to our long weekend in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday with friendsGrammardadDined on 9/20/2014Our choice when we are in this part of the city. Great location and nice selection.Special Features:
- Great JCT fried chickenTheresaRealmVIPDined on 9/20/2014Been to JCT kitchen, twice I had ordered the JCT fried chicken. It is that good!! Crispy, juicy and very flavorful. Others at my table had crispy fish sandwich (was told that's the best fish sandwich he had eaten), and po'boy which received a 2 thumbs up too. Noise level can be overwhelming but with great food and excellent service, I will be back :)Special Features: