JCT Kitchen and Bar
1198 Howell Mill Rd, Ste 18
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JCT Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jctkitchen.com/index.html
- Phone: 4043552252x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday Supper: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: EJ Hodgkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: JCT Kitchen and Bar offers a variety of options and spaces to fit your event needs that include restaurant buy outs for up to 200, and semi-private dining for up to 50 guests maximum.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Mosley 4043555311x12
- Entertainment: Occasional "Singer/Songwriters"
- Special Events: Please contact our events department at firstname.lastname@example.org for special event information.
A word from JCT Kitchen and Bar
Acclaimed Chef Ford Fry serves up Southern farmstead cooking based on seasonal ingredients at JCT Kitchen & Bar, his restaurant in Atlanta’s Westside Urban Market. JCT Kitchen and Bar provides an upscale yet casual dining experience with a menu reminiscent of family favorites that are elevated to a gourmet level. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner, while JCT.’s rooftop bar offers a small Southern plates menu, innovative cocktails and live music for guests to enjoy while overlooking the historic neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
JCT Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
JCT Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
392 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (244)special occasion (167)neighborhood gem (166)good for groups (148)hot spot (142)great for outdoor dining (122)vibrant bar scene (105)romantic (102)great for lunch (92)great for brunch (44)late-night find (40)notable wine list (35)scenic view (31)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Thought the service was excellent. First time going and was a lot louder than I expected but still enjoyed it. Extensive beer and wine menu. Food was great and did not take too long to come out.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014First time at JCT. Interior is very clean & simple, wood meets metal contemporary. Music got too loud at times, & the restaurant went from mostly empty at 6 to very crowded & a bit noisy by 8. Our server was enthusiastic & attentive (I can't remember her name - she's a brunette with a black & white tattoo on her right bicep). Cocktails are delicious. I recommend the Ginger Beard + house vodka. Instead of entrees, we had several appetizers & sides to share. Favorites were the apples & kale, deviled eggs, & the fried corn, but we also liked the mac & cheese, tomatoes & Burrata, fried green tomatoes, & melon & ham. Wanted dessert but forgot to save room, so we ended up with a tasty small plate of caramelized bananas. Overall A+, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken sandwich a missyummytummyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Toasted ciabatta bread for the grilled chicken sandwich was hard and dry... maybe use another type of bread next time? Lacked flavor and interest. Fries were a bit soggy; friends seemed to like the shrimp with bibb lettuce and the trout; coconut cake at end was also dry and flavorless. Will be a while before I return
- Sunday supperMadboiDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed the Sunday supper. Fantastic fried chicken. Definitely on the pricy side but would go again.Special Features:
- Sunday SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014Sunday Supper is always great at JCT. Out of all the restaurants that have sunday brunch, or Sunday Supper, JCT shines above the rest. The food is high quality and locally sustained, like the Pearson Peaches used in the desert that comes with the meal. For $26 you cant eat anywhere else in Atlanta, and get as much foods as they offer from a restaurant of their caliber. Warm biscuits with apple butter, deviled eggs, family style salad, entree, three sides for the table, and desert. If you haven't been to JCT on sunday ... its a must add to anyones list! Notable entrees: Quail, pork shoulder, skillet fried chicken. Notable sides: Mac n Cheese, collards, corn with blue cheese and bacon.Special Features:
- Very good food, not good servicecybelineDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good, ordered the steak tartare which was great, fried oysters and mac&cheese. It was late night and we were sharing it all between my husband and I. Service was not very good, server was pushy on the fact that we only ordered a few things and kept on telling us it was small. Had to ask for water refills because they never came. Yes it was a saturday evening they were busy but it was sloppy. Also had a hair in the batter for the fried oysters. Mentioned it nicely at the end and all I received was "ok, will let them know", no sorry, not comped either. However was very quick with the bill.Special Features:
- Great Upscale LunchebgwinVIPDined on 8/23/2014Friday and Saturday lunch feature - LOBSTER ROLLS. Excellent. We had a great lunch - starting with Angry Mussels - one of my favorite dishes. Then we split a lobster roll and a pork sandwich that was another special of the day. The service was friendly and mostly attentive. All of the food was exceptional and we left stuffed.Special Features:
- Best food in a whileElms2014Dined on 8/22/2014I went there to write a review on the resteraunt and I was very pleased on what I got. The fried chicken is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joyeux13Dined on 8/20/2014Food was good, but I would suggest that you offer "shrimp and grits" both with and without meat. I was with a European who didn't really know what Andouille was. She ordered the dish thinking it only had shrimp and was horrified to see that there was meat, since she is a vegetarian. Also, you need more taxis in the area. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a taxi.Special Features:
- Yummy!!Yummy2Dined on 8/20/2014Great service! Attentive service without being obnoxious. The best southern food I've had in a long time! We were there for our daughters birthday and they brought her a delicious dessert with a candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in AtlantajenlovesfoodDined on 8/20/2014I've been to JCT at least 5 times now to eat and every time I've been impressed. Two of my favorite meals are the fried chicken and the shrimp and grits. Then for appetizer, you can't go wrong with the deviled eggs or the truffle fries. Their drink list is just as great. The vibe at their upstairs bar is trendy and fun and it's even better when they have live music. It's definitely one of our favorite places to meet up with friends for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualjackiecDined on 8/19/2014Lunch was fantastic. I enjoyed the shrimp & grits & my guest loved the Po Boy. We arrived at 1 so there was no lunch crowd. We had a great seat and attentive service. It was perfect for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great outing with Friends!dlp1211Dined on 8/18/2014Some friends & I went out just to get together b/c we hadn't seen each other in a while, so we decided on JCT Kitchen. What a GREAT choice! The food was phenomenal!! One of their "share" plates is a melon dish. I don't remember the name of it but it was the first one on the list. It has red & white watermelon & cantaloupe tossed in a lemon vinaigrette. We order one, devoured it & got another one. The best word we could come up with for this was "fresh"! The Fried Green Tomatoes were awesome too! Our server, Emily S, was amazing! She was very attentive yet not "over bearing". She did an excellent job & had some wonderful recommendations for us - especially the melon starter. We all enjoyed our evening together & will be back again! Thanks!Special Features:
- Sunday night dinnerStef12Dined on 8/17/2014We went there for their family-style Sunday night dinners. I had been there before for those dinners, so I knew what to expect. As always, the food was outstanding. Everything we ordered was delicious, including the collard greens (which I don't always like). However, the service seemed a little off this time. It's always busy on Sunday nights, but this time the servers were rushed and not as attentive. Despite this, I would go back to JCT Kitchen over and over againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014was a little surprised how many young people were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and rushed serviceSylviaJaneDined on 8/16/2014We came for a special evening and were disappointed. The bartender rushed our drink order at the bar downstairs and 1 drink was just "thrown together" without any thought to the cocktail. The cocktails are expensive. The bartenders just wanted the drinks out. Plus, the drink was served in maybe an 8 oz glass with tons of ice-please...We checked in at the counter 45 minutes early then when we approached the host to seat us, they didn't have a table. We were seated in the back by a very loud table of between 12-15 people. We could barely hear each other. The food was delicious and fresh but this restaurant is not for people that care about personal service and want to dine in an intimate environment.Special Features:
- Would go backSasswithClassDined on 8/16/2014It was a beautiful restaurant and the Mac no cheese was amazing, along with the Georgia Fried Corn. Not really for children. Upstairs bar was nice. Service was fantastic. Ameretto Sour was the best I've had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love JCT but ...CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014The last few visits I have noticed service staff seems to get younger and greener. Server this time was fine if a little inarticulate. But we were seated along the back wall between two server stations, and it was early, so few diners. Servers paraded by constantly, stopping to chat with each other (right in front of our table) about the Falcons, the coming weekend, etc. Can you tell I was irritated? However, the food was good as always. Not great, but very good, comfort food. Recommend crispy oysters app. Sea bass special was beautifully prepared. Banana ice cream pie was incredible. Cocktails are always well-made. We do like the roof-top bar for apps and drinks at sundown.Special Features:
- Service too rushed.AllGoodDined on 8/14/2014Good food, great ambience just need to not rush the experience. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMacAtlantaVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had another great experience at JCT Kitchen. We had a wonderful lunch a couple of weeks ago, and went back for dinner this time. For appetizers, be sure get the deviled eggs to share. They always have several special cheese offerings for a first course. We loved the trout and the chicken and dumplings as entrees. Be sure to leave room for the rum soaked coconut cake for desert. Finally, the restaurant is very comfortable and warm atmosphere. Plenty of room between the tables and not too noisy.Special Features:
- Nice Start - Unfortunate EndingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014JCT Kitchen is a favored lunch and dinner spot. This time, however, I was very disappointed that both I and the other person I was dining with were BOTH double-charged for our meals. We split the ticket, signed off on our 50/50 respective amounts, added the tip, and then were each charged double for our meals. Not the finest lasting impression on this one, guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not special for special occasionssassyDined on 8/10/2014made opentable reservation stating specifically that we were celebrating daughter's birthday and would need 2 high chairs. When I called in, hostess had a rude attitude - everyone in the car commented on it. when we got there, was obvious they hadn't read my request. Had to scramble for high chairs and made no mention of celebration. I won't be returning. Also, not kid friendly even for Sunday afternoon supper... too bad....
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The service was the best part of the experience. It was southern fare with such a flair that it missed the southern feel I was expecting. I am from the south and teh food had such an edge. But this is also what made it appealing. I would definitely recommend JCT Kitchen but not for one going for true southern food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too noisyZinkDined on 8/9/2014The food was quite good. It was the 3rd noisiest restaurant where we have met our friends. Casual conversation was very difficult.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow.OmimausDined on 8/9/2014Food was very good, service was lacking. Very slow. Our guests who arrived later than us by 15 minutes were seating approx 30 minutes before somebody came to ask them for a drink order. I actually had to ask a waiter to send someone. My husband thought that an $ 18.00 hamburger was outragious. I had seafood which was excellent. The noise level was high. Otherwise I enjoyed it, I have been there for lunch with a group of 10 and 12, but never for dinner. I will be at St. Cecilia? on the 22nd for lunch. My first time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, notsogreat serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food was wonderful and the hostesses and bartenders were lovely. However, our waiter was not up to par. We asked to place an order and 10 minutes went by (including himself walking by 3 times) before he took our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Famous Fried Chickenfood2thextremeDined on 8/6/2014I chose this restaurant because I was told that the fried chicken was out of this world. Although the chicken was moist and tender, the batter had some herb in it that was not to my liking. The greens of the moment were fabulous as were the tomatoes. I would definitely come back to try something different as I really like the total scene.Special Features:
- Rushed the whole timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014We were there for lunch. There were more seats available but we were rushed the whole time. Our server kept taking our plates and cups away without asking and we had to tell her that we have not finished yet. I loved the restaurant but the service from one particular lady was very bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday SupperCbs916Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I dined at JCT this past Sunday for the Sunday Supper special. We were greeted with warm smiles and country accents to which my husband asked if it was a prerequisite to work there! The warm buttermilk biscuits and apple butter immediately satisfied our growling stomachs and they were followed by deviled eggs and a farm salad to share. We then each were able to select a meat and then 3 sides to share. We both selected the fried chicken as our meat then mac n cheese, mashed potatoes and collard greens for the sides and everything was delicious. The meal was topped off by a chocolate pecan pie. I am not a fan of chocolate but it didn't keep me from indulging. We would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Dinner on 8/2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Fantastic. I love JCT and can't wait to go back. We took guests from South Carolina who were in town for the weekend, and they loved it. Our server mentioned the Sunday night supper, and my wife and I can't wait to go.Special Features:
- Fabulous lunch with friendsLRoyDined on 8/2/2014Had a fabulous lunch with friends from out of town : unique approach withclassic southern food staples. We all ordered different items and our top two picks: chicken and dumplings( though only 2 dumplings on plate)& the pork belly peach sandwich special of the day. Only miss was the fried chicken which was dry. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting take on southern dishesBrian9672VIPDined on 8/1/2014When you go, get the deviled eggs, shrimp and grits, the fried chicken or the burger. Or the oysters in season. Always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-horrible serviceBlondielikestoeatDined on 7/31/2014We went with a group of four. My first time there I wasn't sure what to expect. The restaurant itself is quite charming but our waiter had a horrible attitude and gave very poor service. I was really disappointed. The food seas good, but not outstanding by any means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried What?SuburbanFarmerandCookDined on 7/28/2014JCT Kitchen and Bar is a stand alone success and by that I mean they are unequaled. Everyone today seems to be offering new Southern food. And not always successful. In the "me too" restaurant desire to be all things to all people it is easy to think you can just fry up some chicken, slap some green tomatoes on a salad, offer some sweet tea and THINK your a southern restaurant. JCT respect southern food. As the server presented my fried chicken it was almost reverent. The chicken was fried perfectly. My dining companion had Shrimp and Grits and by her account it was perfect. I can't wait to go back and try the fried chicken skins, pimento fry bread or deviled eggs.Special Features:
- The best!suziDined on 7/27/2014Love, love, LOVE this restaurant! The staff is very friendly and service is impeccable. My favorite for lunch is the grown-up Grilled Cheese with yummy Tomato Soup. For dinner - the best steak tartare in Atlanta. Everything is delicious!Special Features:
- Great place!BellaKeshDined on 7/26/2014I did not quite fall in love with JCT as I had expected, but everything was great - great food (I opted for fried chicken and mac & cheese and was not disappointed), attentive service, fun atmosphere. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Good not GreatDiningOutwithBobVIPDined on 7/26/2014The place is mobbed and will probably remain so regardless of any review. We liked it (been there before), but didn't love it. Food was good; we enjoyed it. Service was attentive. Drinks were incredibly "stingy" in size and that was totally unexpected. Dessert was the only disappointment, as banana ice cream pie just didn't do it for us. You've got to be able to deal with the incredible noise level or maybe there are some quieter tables and we just didn't know to ask.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersDaMooresDined on 7/26/2014Went to upstairs bar for Birthday gathering. Went downstairs for dinner. Loved everything about the place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining at this restaurant and we were absolutely blown away. We love Ford Fry's other Atlanta restaurants and this one was no exception. Appetizers were delicious - absolutely the best deviled eggs in Atlanta. The pork chop, trout, and chicken and dumplings were exceptional as well. The only miss was the fried chicken which was actually incredibly DRY. Sides aren't too be missed either, especially the corn. The patio bar was perfect for a warm summer evening as well. Overall, a perfect evening and a great place to go with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience except...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We planned a nice evening out with friends. The food was great. The server was pleasant and friendly. The only thing lacking was the beverage service. Apparently this is handled separately from the food service. It took a while for us to be offered something other than water. After I finished my glass of wine, it was removed without asking if I would like an additional, or something else. I was finally offered another drink when we ordered the main course, but it wasn't served until I was almost finished with my entree. To their credit, I was not charged for the second glass of wine, and the food server was apologetic. I wish our food server had more control over the beverage serviceSpecial Features: