JCT Kitchen and Bar
1198 Howell Mill Rd, Ste 18
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JCT Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jctkitchen.com/index.html
- Phone: 4043552252x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday Supper: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: EJ Hodgkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: JCT Kitchen and Bar offers a variety of options and spaces to fit your event needs that include restaurant buy outs for up to 200, and semi-private dining for up to 50 guests maximum.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Mosley 4043555311x12
- Entertainment: Occasional "Singer/Songwriters"
- Special Events: Please contact our events department at email@example.com for special event information.
A word from JCT Kitchen and Bar
Acclaimed Chef Ford Fry serves up Southern farmstead cooking based on seasonal ingredients at JCT Kitchen & Bar, his restaurant in Atlanta’s Westside Urban Market. JCT Kitchen and Bar provides an upscale yet casual dining experience with a menu reminiscent of family favorites that are elevated to a gourmet level. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner, while JCT.’s rooftop bar offers a small Southern plates menu, innovative cocktails and live music for guests to enjoy while overlooking the historic neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
JCT Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
JCT Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
389 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (244)neighborhood gem (174)special occasion (164)good for groups (140)hot spot (137)great for outdoor dining (127)great for lunch (108)vibrant bar scene (106)romantic (99)great for brunch (50)notable wine list (36)late-night find (36)scenic view (25)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- Great experience!FijigalDined on 9/27/2014We went to JCT with another couple and had a great time. Love the ambiance and lighting. Vibrant place but not too loud. Angry mussels and Parmesan fries are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I recently took my girlfriend here on Saturday and did not have a pleasant experience. I made reservations on Tuesday and made the trip from Macon to eat at what I heard was a place with fantastic food. We both ordered the hanger steak and the first time it came out it was chared and the second time it came it out was too over done which we ordered medium rare. I was just very disappointed and I had one bite of the second plate and left. To be honest it was the biggest waste of $90 I have ever spent. Thanks, Joe Newton
- DisappointedLexiVIPDined on 9/27/2014I've been to JCT several times and have always been blown away by the decor, the food, and the unfailingly exception service. My boyfriend's family made a very rare trip to Atlanta for a visit and we had no doubt that JCT was the place to take them... Unfortunately I think we may have oversold the experience before arrival. Service was adequate; I place no blame on our individual waiter as it appeared from our observations that he was working several large parties in addition to a number of quickly-turning tables. However, what we'd anticipated being a long dinner enjoyed over many glasses of wine turned into a quick "check please!" when we were finally able to get his attention. I'll be back - but not with anyone that I want to impress.Special Features:
- bad servicejcfeatsDined on 9/27/2014second visit - service still bad as in, let me keep walking by your table and turn my head the other way! Took 30 minutes to ask for our drink order (mixology here is 5 star)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatdragonDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time dining and the food was again excellent. The cocktails are weak, but that is the only flaw I've seen.Special Features:
- One of my Go To'stiffdiffDined on 9/25/2014Reasonably priced, awesome food, and a fantastic ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backFT00Dined on 9/25/2014Couldn't be better. Everything was great and service spectacularSpecial Features:
- Great place!DF30Dined on 9/24/2014The food and the atmosphere was great. It was the perfect place to have a lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We went to our first Sunday Supper and had a great meal. The fried chicken was excellent. We were afraid our expectations were too high, but it did not disappoint at all. Truly tasty. And we loved the quail as well - so flavorful and juicy. Collards, mashed potatoes and bean and tomato salad were great accompaniments, and the appetizers and dessert were great too. Our server, Jennifer, was fabulous. So personable and she clearly wanted us to enjoy ourselves, which we did. It was a lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday with friendsGrammardadDined on 9/20/2014Our choice when we are in this part of the city. Great location and nice selection.Special Features:
- Great JCT fried chickenTheresaRealmVIPDined on 9/20/2014Been to JCT kitchen, twice I had ordered the JCT fried chicken. It is that good!! Crispy, juicy and very flavorful. Others at my table had crispy fish sandwich (was told that's the best fish sandwich he had eaten), and po'boy which received a 2 thumbs up too. Noise level can be overwhelming but with great food and excellent service, I will be back :)Special Features:
- Never had a bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014I took my girlfriend to dinner here as I have been talking about it for a while. The deviled egg app is always fantastic. I ordered the fried chicken quickly as the tend to run out as it is so good. Great atmosphere and service as always.Special Features:
- Great spot for a business lunch...dinista82VIPDined on 9/19/2014...if you can eat around the flies flying through the air. Tip, don't sit near any of the doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!Shorty79Dined on 9/17/2014Best fried green tomatoes I've ever had! The service was lackluster and they were out of Tito's and a bunch of wines that we tried to select. The food made up for it. Would love to come back next time I'm in ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Energy and High QualityfoodenjoyerDined on 9/16/2014We were introducing some friends to JCT and they were very impressed. The service was smooth and the comments by the waitstaff were helpful and appropriate. Although everything passed muster, the hits were the heirloom tomato salad, the deviled eggs, and the pork chop. Plus, the bread was outstanding -- a flavorable sourdough that was crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Best Date NightMcKeithDined on 9/15/2014Aside from being totally in love with man I was with, I loved the overall experience at JCT. The staff is friendly, the ambiance is so relaxed; it was a very feel good moment. The seating allows for intimate conversation. After awhile it felt as if we were the only ones there. The manger is friendly a spoke to me. The food: it's always a hit! I love seeing what other people order as well, it allows you to see the amazing dishes that they offer in all of their splendor. The fried chicken is always at least a table away. I've had it several times and it's always just as good as the very first time. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is what works for JCT. You won't regret this visit. Monday night felt like a Friday night. Adored it.Special Features:
- Sunday SupperMarvlDined on 9/14/2014These guys do a great fancy "Meat and 3" on Sundays. The BEST biscuits, and a modern take on comfort food. Gets very busy and is popular with large groups- so be prepared for noise and make a reservation. This a frequent spot for us- and usually the service is good- but not so smooth on this last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceSunshine8429Dined on 9/13/2014Great place prices are very high. Food was good out waiter was very slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantflarobynDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I ate here after flying into Atlanta. Our table was ready, service was great. Food was very good - my husband said the mussels were outstanding! Fried chicken was extremely good. Nice wine list. Neat atmosphere, very industrial feel. Only criticism, it was a little noisy for us but then we were probably the oldest couple there! (we are both 65) But that did not deter our enjoyment of dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome place for southern foodJdawgDined on 9/12/2014I just moved to Atlanta and I found out that this is a place that you must visit when you're in the city. Plenty of parking, great food, great service, and amazing ambience. It can be a little hard to hear and talk, and it's pretty dim lighting during dinner. Lots of people, so make sure to make reservations ahead of time! I had the shrimp and grits which was delicious and it tasted great even as leftovers the next morning. Dessert menu is amazing as well! Prices run a bit high, but worth it. A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a waste of time and moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Horrible service, worse dessert, and fair food. Best thing on my plate was the truffle mashed potatoes.
- Very ImpressedMacman8352VIPDined on 9/6/2014First time at this location. This is another Ford Dry establishment and is noted for fried chicken and it was great, My wife had Pork Osco Busco and was incredible. For appetizer I had the Mussels and I've eaten Mussels in many places and these were the best ever! Our server was Gloria and made us feel right at home and welcome. We ate there on Saturday and we are still bragging about the place on Monday. Needless to say we'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FOOD!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We had such a wonderful time with delicious food & wine! Our server was friendly and nice too so that was a plus.Special Features:
- Noisy but very good food!!TheresaRealmVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is loud! Given the restaurant was packed, but the noise level was definitely on the high side. The food and service made up for the deafening noise. Food and service are definitely top notch. We ordered the Parmesan truffle fries, corn soup, fried chicken skins, JCT fried chicken, po boy and crispy fish sandwich. Everyone at the table loves the food. There was nothing we did not like. Our server Ashley was very nice and friendly. Highly recommend for anyone to make a reservation before trying to get a table here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar not a great RestaurantlperezmartinDined on 9/4/2014Love the place, but the food is not my favorite. The cocktails are great though.Special Features:
- Ok food with great ambiance.dreammaker77Dined on 9/3/2014Let's start with the positive. The ambiance is great! Otherwise, the food isn't bad but you are better off going to Canoe. The deviled eggs were REALLY SALTY. However, the chicken dishes were quite good. Also, the bread and apple butter they serve is good. Overall, I would say that JCT isn't bad but is not a must go to place.Special Features:
- DeliciousMaryMillerDined on 9/3/2014The food was great, the service was great, but it was pretty hard to hear. We were there for lunch and it was too hot to eat outside. We still felt like it was a good choice as everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceLovingJCTDined on 9/2/2014The food was exceptional and the service was excellent! I ordered the Fried Chicken weith Mac & Cheese and it was the best! The waitress was very helpful with my selection, since it was my first time visiting. She gave great recommendations based on her tasting and my water was always full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsatlmomVIPDined on 9/2/2014I enjoyed another great meal at JCT Kitchen. Food, service, ambience and location were all great!Special Features:
- Has been on way down for some timeDisappointedVIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been to JCT many times before. This particular visit fell well below prior experiences and expectations. First of all, the Sunday fixed menu was very disappointing. To make matters worse, the service was just may be a notch above what you might expect at a service stop on the Ohio Turnpike. Our server was just not at all friendly, or attempting to be helpful; mostly, she was nowhere to be found! When we asked for some minor changes to menu items (e.g. hold this or more of that), she responded by basically saying you get what you get and that the kitchen can't handle the modifications. It was really disappointing. I would *not* return to JCT again; there are lots of other quality restaurants in Atlanta now that offer much better!
- Southern Hospitality at its bestMichezpichezDined on 8/30/2014Found this restaraunt thru google. So suprised this hadn't been reccommended to me by someone else. First of all, they were very accommodating with my reservation changes. The space was elegant, warm and inviting. I went traditional southern with collard greens, Mac n cheese and fried chicken. The greens were so so so good. Ever heard the term "greens so good they make you wanna slap your mamma?" Yeah, that good. Mac n cheese was good and fried chicken was delicious as well. My date ordered the chicken and dumplings. It wasn't the traditional soupy version, but he was highly impressed with flavor of the chicken. Portions were sizable Only complaints: Didn't care for the chickpea salad. Cocktail was small for the $12 price tag. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a first datecjshenanigansDined on 8/29/2014I've been hitting the bar up for a while now and just recently stopped in at the restaurant. The service is great and very personable. The food is amazing, we tried several different things with the Mac n cheese and the Truffle fries being the most notable. The cocktails are superb and there's a taste for everyone. Of course the upstairs bar is amazing once it cools off and the occasional passing train is fun. I would recommend reservations, as it can get crowded. This place should definitely be on your list for anyone who considers themself a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still scratching my head...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014I arrived early for a business lunch scheduled for 12:30 pm. Once seated, I noticed a woman to my right being served what appeared to be a very generous lobster roll. The waiter told me that they usually had sold out if them by now but they had 7 or 8 remaining in the kitchen. Since my guest hadn't arrived, I asked for him to put one on hold and he said, no problem. Either I would order it or offer it to my guest when he arrived. So when my guest did arrive, he was excited to hear I had put the lobster roll on hold because he knew they were awesome. When the waiter came back, I asked if we could do two instead of the one I asked to be held. The waiter was apologetic but said didn't put it on hold and were now sold out. Very disappointing.
- Remarkably creative- perfectly doneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Planning lunch for an important client? Why are you considering anywhere but JCT Kitchen? We had the ridiculously good lobster rolls - huge chunks of fresh lobster meat - accompanied by a delicate and delicious mac and cheese, delightful truffle fries, Benton ham topped deviled eggs, and a should-be-illegal dessert of coconut cake with vanilla roasted pineapple. Unbelievable. Mimosas, by the way, were the perfect accompaniment. Treat yourself. Plan lunch at JCT asap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 8/27/2014Thought the service was excellent. First time going and was a lot louder than I expected but still enjoyed it. Extensive beer and wine menu. Food was great and did not take too long to come out.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and cocktailshcraytorDined on 8/27/2014First time at JCT. Interior is very clean & simple, wood meets metal contemporary. Music got too loud at times, & the restaurant went from mostly empty at 6 to very crowded & a bit noisy by 8. Our server was enthusiastic & attentive (I can't remember her name - she's a brunette with a black & white tattoo on her right bicep). Cocktails are delicious. I recommend the Ginger Beard + house vodka. Instead of entrees, we had several appetizers & sides to share. Favorites were the apples & kale, deviled eggs, & the fried corn, but we also liked the mac & cheese, tomatoes & Burrata, fried green tomatoes, & melon & ham. Wanted dessert but forgot to save room, so we ended up with a tasty small plate of caramelized bananas. Overall A+, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken sandwich a missyummytummyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Toasted ciabatta bread for the grilled chicken sandwich was hard and dry... maybe use another type of bread next time? Lacked flavor and interest. Fries were a bit soggy; friends seemed to like the shrimp with bibb lettuce and the trout; coconut cake at end was also dry and flavorless. Will be a while before I return
- Sunday supperMadboiDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed the Sunday supper. Fantastic fried chicken. Definitely on the pricy side but would go again.Special Features:
- Sunday SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014Sunday Supper is always great at JCT. Out of all the restaurants that have sunday brunch, or Sunday Supper, JCT shines above the rest. The food is high quality and locally sustained, like the Pearson Peaches used in the desert that comes with the meal. For $26 you cant eat anywhere else in Atlanta, and get as much foods as they offer from a restaurant of their caliber. Warm biscuits with apple butter, deviled eggs, family style salad, entree, three sides for the table, and desert. If you haven't been to JCT on sunday ... its a must add to anyones list! Notable entrees: Quail, pork shoulder, skillet fried chicken. Notable sides: Mac n Cheese, collards, corn with blue cheese and bacon.Special Features:
- Very good food, not good servicecybelineDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good, ordered the steak tartare which was great, fried oysters and mac&cheese. It was late night and we were sharing it all between my husband and I. Service was not very good, server was pushy on the fact that we only ordered a few things and kept on telling us it was small. Had to ask for water refills because they never came. Yes it was a saturday evening they were busy but it was sloppy. Also had a hair in the batter for the fried oysters. Mentioned it nicely at the end and all I received was "ok, will let them know", no sorry, not comped either. However was very quick with the bill.Special Features: