339 E. 75th St.
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jbirdny.com/
- Phone: 2122888033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ricky Garayua
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz music during brunch.
A word from Jbird Cocktails
New American cuisine specializing in artisan cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jbird Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- For the younger setDelightedVIPDined on 8/27/2014We did not enjoy our visit to Jbird will not go back
- Great drinks, food okgoodmoodfoodieDined on 7/17/2014The drinks were strong and had beautiful presentation. They run $12-15. I would definitely go back for drinks. The food was ok. I liked the spinach artichoke dip alot but it is made with curry and the menu doesn't mention that...so if you are not a curry fan, skip this. If you are, its really quite good - like a palak paneer dish. My friend really liked the savory popcorn. These are snacks, not appetizers. Also the groupon stated it included 2 drinks for 2 people which I took to mean 4 drinks. They did not. So the groupon saved us $0.
- Great drinks!PieceOfCakeDined on 7/11/2014Great spot for crafty drinks, but service is a little slow.Special Features:
- Spicy drinks and Portishead!bloodyartsDined on 7/8/2014Had a great time! The booths were lush and tucked away from the energetic bar area. Lighting was comfortable. Loved the trip hop soundtrack, the drinks were tasty and of appropriate strength (not watered down) and the food was delicious. Highly recommended for groups of friends or, as was my case, two old friends catching up after a long absence.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We had a groupon for drinks and appetizers. The food all seemed pre-packaged and flavorless.
- Great drinksBMo22Dined on 6/23/2014The drinks were great (highly recommend the Moscow Mutt) as usual but we also tried the food for the first time. The seared tuna was good, the pork sliders were good, and its hard to go wrong with tater tots.Special Features:
- Great DrinksDeniDined on 6/4/2014The drinks & bar food @ JBirds we're excellent the main dinner meals are too small for the prices we ordered a burger & paid $15 dollars & actually got a slider besides that it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!AngelicaDined on 5/31/2014I rarely go out in the Upper East Side but JBird might be making me come back more often. Great ambiance and atmosphere, great service, delicious food and amazing drinks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/30/2014The customer service was good. The drinks was good but could use less ice. Thw food was excellent and yes i will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014And the kitchen close . The service suck The bartender was teaching n flirting with a other girl who worked there .
- The following 78 reviews are from the Jbird Cocktails reviews archive.
- Great cocktailsSteaksDined on 5/16/2014Had great cocktails and our server was wonderful! Went there with a groupon and was overly disappointed that the 'appetizers' served were so small. We asked if this was the normal size of the plates and our server advised us that these were smaller for the groupon special. Had we known this, we would not have purchased the gruopon which was advertised at having a value equal to the full price items (and not the 'groupon' size items we received). It's a shame because it is such a nice bar especially for the UES.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014I enjoyed the food and cocktails. Thanks for doing the groupon, I would have never found this place. This was my first visit, I was on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous hip placeJurdDined on 4/9/2014Great for a late happy hour and even better for a romantic first date. I go for the amazing cocktails, but the good is delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rip OffOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/25/2014Sad when an establishment won't live up to their agreement. The coupon said 5 small plates, up to a $60 value. That would have been true if it weren't for the fact that the small plates for diners with coupons were considerably smaller than for regular diners. When I asked the manager about this, his best answer was that he had sold lots of coupons and no one had ever complained before. Hey JBird diners, start paying attention. It's your money and when you're getting ripped off, please say something.
- JBird misses the markOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2013An artisanal cocktail lounge on the ues is a great idea! But, this place is a sports bar dressed like a drag queen. Bad music, loud, hot and mediocre drinks. They should take a trip downtown to pouring ribbons and see how it's done right.
- Loud music and food was tastelessOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2013The ambience was nice enough.... however the music was very loud that we could not hear each other over the table. We were a group of 5 meeting after a few months to catch up- so we mentioned it to the host to request that the music be turned down. The restaurant was pretty empty on a weeknight and they didnt offer to seat us away from the music(not sure if there was such a table)- and claimed to have turned the volume down. We ordered appetizers and found the guacamole saltless and inedible and the nachoes over tater-tots totally bland.. we had a round of drinks here which was decent and went to Haru nearby for better food.Special Features:
- Small PlatesDarvaDined on 9/4/2013I bought the 5 small plates and cocktails. The small plates were indeed small plates but the extensive cocktail list was great.Special Features:
- Great menu in concept...Brooklyn0822VIPDined on 8/30/2013Went to jbird for the first time with friends, while the drinks are inventive there was more ice than actual drink. We each ordered at least 3 drinks and noted how much more ice than there was an actual drink. Everyone was finishing their drinks before the ice could even melt half way. These aren't sipping drinks..they were fruity and most came with a straw. The food was ok..not very inventive..but we didn't have high expectations for the food as it was a very small menu. The interior was very more impressive. Had we not gone in to experience, we would just walk pass and never think twice. Overall, it's an okay bar but not the gem that everyone was toasting it to be...note: our servers were very friendly and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun small plates& inventive drinksjzinnVIPDined on 8/20/2013Jbird is the kind of place you can hang out with friends while enjoying some of the most creative and delicious drinks in the city. Certainly the best drinks on the Upper Eastside. The small plates are fun for sharing or to accompany the cocktails.Special Features:
- Flavorful foods and drinksjomergeDined on 6/28/2013Food tasted great and the drinks were yummy and creative. But the portions were very small for the prices. Go there for a small bite and drink, not for a full dinner. Good spot, likely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocktailsfuntimeDined on 6/15/2013The cocktails tasted even better than they looked and the bar tender knew exactly how to make them... food was ok we sat at the bar and the bartender looked after us really wellSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerTexasFoodie14VIPDined on 6/12/2013There aren't many options on the menu, but everything that we had was great! I loved the tacos and they have an awesome selection of drinks. It is small, cozy, and trendy.Special Features:
- Icy DrinksNycfoodyDined on 5/11/2013Unique and tasty drinks. A little to much ice to liquor ratio. Great for a nightcap or pre dinner drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DrinksBMo22Dined on 5/11/2013I've only gone for drinks, multiple times, but J-Bird is a hidden gem! Definitely going to trying the food one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2013Food wasn't anything to write home about but the drinks are amazing! Great combinations.Special Features:
- food was good for bar snacks.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2013food was good for bar snacks. drink were strong and expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere was great andmarcusDined on 4/20/2013The atmosphere was great and service was amazing. My first time there but won't be my last.Special Features:
- Start the night here!DeanDined on 4/20/2013Recommended by another internet article, JBird was an excellent find! Early Saturday night crowd (7 pm) grew quickly and the conversation was energetic. We had tuna appetizer - sushi grade as advertised by the waitress. Drinks were very tasty and served quickly. A must visit for the upper East Side.Special Features:
- Awesome CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013Just discovered this place right in my neighborhood. Can't speak much to the food because we only had the guac and popcorn but we went there for the cocktails and they did not disappoint...absolutely awesome. They have an extensive menu and our waiter did a great job answering a bunch of questions we had as we were trying to pick. Well worth the $12-$14. The ambiance is dark...good for a date but we had a large group and it was still nice. Can't wait to make J Bird a regular stopSpecial Features:
- The cocktails are really uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2013The cocktails are really unique and delicious. I loved the quality of the small bites, but for the price - they could be a bit larger. $12 for a hummus platter that came with 5 small pieces of bread. We'll be back though!Special Features:
- We were sat almost 20 minutesvbvicwcDined on 2/23/2013We were sat almost 20 minutes late for our reservation, but the drinks were great! Would definitely recommend a reservation on the weekends!Special Features:
- Can;'t get enoughSaysBariVIPDined on 2/20/2013Since discovering Jbird only one month or so ago, I have been back at least once a week.Special Features:
- I really enjoy this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I really enjoy this place but I find myself going just for one cocktail and leaving. The service is awkward. I feel like every server is either brand new at what they do or just not that into it. I had a delicious drink and a hummus appetizer before heading out for Valentine's dinner. I'm glad I went but two drinks and one hummus later, I shelled out $50. It was my third time there and I feel like by now, I get it and I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Understaffed, but incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/6/2013Understaffed, but incredible cocktails and decent small platesSpecial Features:
- While its refreshing to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/2/2013While its refreshing to have a "staycation" group outing with accommodating seating (great group booth) and fun cocktails to share, the service was a fair. The servers were nothing but polite but definitely rushed you to order your drinks - no small feat with 10+ page drink menu and elaborate descriptions - but then took 45 minutes to deliver them. There was a special occasion being celebrated and we ordered two bottles of champagne that took over 30 minutes to arrive because they were working on rounding up enough champagne glasses... The food was quite good but when you consider the very very limited menu it's a bit risky in its lack of clear direction or cuisine - or maybe just elevated bar food is it. The burger was good though.Special Features:
- This place is different forAliesvsDined on 2/2/2013This place is different for the Upper East Side. Fancy cocktails that are good, but pricey. We used a groupon, we were able to try 2 cocktails and 5 small bites. The food was good but not worth the normal price. The cocktails were great. Overall, fun place. Would probably go back for the drinks.Special Features:
- will be back!LanafoodieVIPDined on 1/12/2013Great inventive drinks and wonderful food to boot!Special Features:
- Great drink selection. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/5/2013Great drink selection. Not your typical upper east side spotSpecial Features:
- Hot ToddyAmandaVIPDined on 12/8/2012Very energetic ambiance and the food was really good, albeit a bit too expensive for what was served. They get pretty packed so you're best bet is to make reservations. Don't attempt a walk-in on a weekend night because chances are, you will be waiting a long time. This is really a cocktail bar and they are known for their cocktails, such as classic gin fizzes, martinis and such. Don't expect to order a "Triple Slam Dunk" or any other type of contemporary fad drink. When they are packed, w=make sure to fasten your server with a GPS device so that you might be able to find him/her. They get caught up and tend to forget about you when overwhelmed. It was an experience dining here and may be a bit too trendy and 'hip' for me.Special Features:
- Cocktails, cocktails, cocktails.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012Cocktails, cocktails, cocktails. The food here won't impress you, but the drinks will knock your socks off. Fantastic neighborhood find!Special Features: