135 W Oak Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jaysbistro.net/
- Phone: 9704821876x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rhys Edmunds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jay's has been offering off premise catering service in Fort Collins for the past 28 years. We are committed to offering exceptional quality and value with attention to all the details. We can make all the arrangements from food, presentation, service, cooks, bartenders, rental equipment for 10-400 people. References available. Our menus are personally prepared with your event in mind. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Jay's Bistro features two private banquet rooms. Our Fireside Room is an intimate charming comfortable room with fireplace and low lights which can seat up to 35 guests. Our Columbine Room is roomy and airy featuring large windows to the downtown area and seats up to 50 guests. We offer customized menus for your event prepared personally for you. Whether it is a birthday, anniversary, retirement luncheon or dinner or a business meeting, it is our goal to make your special event extra special. From attention to detail, delicious food, great service let Jay's Bistro offer you one of our private banquet spaces.
- Private Party Contact: Jacki Witlen 9704821876x
- Entertainment: Jay's Bistro Jazz Lounge proudly features Mark Sloniker on the baby grand Wednesday through Saturday evenings. Each evening Mark begins with light jazz and dinner music and is then joined later in the evening by other talented musicians from Northern Colorado from upright bass, drums, horns, fiddles and more. Every night is an event at the Bistro.
Wednesday 7:30pm - 10:30pm
Thursday 6:30pm - 10:30pm (trio begins at 8:30)
Friday & Saturday 6:30pm - 8:00pm Jazz on the baby grand - 8:30pm - 11:30pm(trio or quartet)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Jay's Bistro is located conveniently downtown on Oak Street. We have street parking just outside our door. There are also parking facilities in the parking garage down the block as well as parking in the First National Bank parking lot after 5:00pm.
A word from Jay's Bistro
Jay's Bistro is a locally owned business started in 1980 by Jay Witlen with his wife and partner, Jacki. From humble beginnings through the evolution of Jay's Bistro and Jazz Lounge, Jay's entrepreneurial spirit combined with Jacki's encouragement have inspired them to achieve and maintain the perfect mix of hospitality, entertainment and cuisine in their bistro for the past 28 years. The combination of personally run business and swanky atmosphere, fine tuned by a professional kitchen and service staff creates their recipe for success. Their mission was and is to do this and have fun along the way doing it! "Life is good when you share bountiful things," says Jay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jay's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fort Collins ›
Jay's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (63)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (22)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very good overall experienceDaderickDined on 10/17/2014I don't hand out 5 star reviews unless I have an amazing experience but our meal was very nice. Our two kids (11 & 8) enjoyed their meals as well. Service was great.Special Features:
- Date NightMichaelDined on 10/10/2014This has always been my favorite place for a filet. The service was exceptional and just right. We hope the new management can keep this level that Jay and crew established as a standard for fine dining.Special Features:
- Love your changes, but...MickiVIPDined on 10/10/2014First - the service at Jay's has been good for a while, and continues to be great. DeAnna is a particularly good service person. Second, your specials are great - and appreciate the new appetizers (Gnocchi for example is really good). BUT, please refresh your menu. I'm growing weary of sea bass and New Zealand Red Deer as staples. There are other fish options - as well as different ways to present other proteins. Thanks for listening.
- Great jazz, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We came to Jay's for the jazz, and we were not disappointed. Mark Sloniker and his trio were fantastic. We were very happy with the accommodating wait staff, who figured out how to fit our party of six into a booth in the bar, where we really wanted to sit to be able to hear the music. The service was excellent, and the food was very good. (Out of our party, four would rate their food fantastic, two said, "meh.") We would recommend this place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- rough start, nice finish.NoCoDinerDined on 9/27/2014Overall, this was a good dining experience. Nice menu, nice wine list with decent wines available by the glass. We started off with an appetizer of calamari, which was tasteless other than the flavorful marinara sauce that came with it. Entrees were a vast improvement, perfectly executed and plated attractively. Service was good, but a little uneven. We will go back with the hope that the experience will be equal to the reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far, so goodshellseekerDined on 9/27/2014Our first time back to Jay's since new ownership. Quite a few changes to the menu but still the same great food, service, drinks and atmosphere... including Mark and gang providing great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmopshere and food!LindsayDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to Jay's Bistro to celebrate my birthday and our one-week wedding anniversary, and it was an excellent choice! The servers were attentive and friendly. The food was cooked perfectly and our courses were well spaced out. The atmosphere was quiet and, even though we were sitting near other people, felt very romantic. I would highly recommend this restaurant for those celebrating a special occasion and wanting to treat themselves to a nice dinner.Special Features:
- 40anniversityRusty23Dined on 9/27/2014Food was very good. Steak could have had more flavor, but was very tender. Noted my special occasion, but had to remind them. Took a while to get dessert at end. I would still go back, we have been very happy with lunches before, but this was only second dinner. We had many people keep checking on our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodgourmetcrazyDined on 9/25/2014We had a great time there. The staff was very friendly and efficient. the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Anniversary DinnerJimGDined on 9/20/2014Upon recommendations we tried Jay's for our recent anniversary dinner. It was a very quiet Saturday evening and we were seated in a rear room that only allowed the live music to filter in. Service was very professional yet not overbearing. Overall our food was outstanding: pate with house-made crackers was a treat and my barramundi with risotto was delicate and rich at the same time. My wife's duck three ways was 2/3 of a hit. She found the duck eggrolls a bit overspiced and the maple sauce on them was used a bit aggressively such that the asparagus vegetable was swimming in maple sauce. Local seasonal peach ice cream was the perfect end to the meal. I also enjoyed a couple of outstanding wines by the glass from their list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little noisy insideDianemtnDined on 9/19/2014It was lovely outside so we sat on the patio. Friday night, live music in the bar, so everyone is talking over the noise level of the music and quiet conversation is impossile.Special Features:
- We love Jay's Bistro!diningdaveDined on 9/16/2014We found Jay's Bistro while shopping for rehearsal dinner venues for our son's wedding earlier in 2014. Jay's is in the center of the Old Town area of Fort Collins. With so many local restaurants, it is a real statement to give Jay's an outstanding review. The menu - with several unique entrees, the bar/restaurant ambiance - with local live music on weekends, and the outstanding service make Jay's our choice time and again. The lobster mac 'n' cheese is a delicious appetizer. The beef filet is cooked perfectly, and the seafood specials have always been excellent. The back story on Jay's (on the menu) is worth a read, as it will make your dining experience feel that much more personal. Hats off to the Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Many nights they have a nice ensemble, usually 2 or 3 piece instrumental. Had full dinner in bar area at cocktail table so we could see and hear the band. Great food and drink specials.Special Features:
- Great small plates menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed a great dinner with colleagues, by ordering several items off the small plates menu. Each was very good, although the Bruschetta was lacking a bit of buffalo mozzarella which would have made it perfect. Our server was a bit disinterested, or grumpy, but I am thinking she was possibly a hostess forced into food service duty (based on the outfit). Anyway, I've eaten here several times and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovering Jay'slove2dineDined on 9/5/2014We made a "family date night" in coming to Jay's early in the evening. Matt, our server, attended to us appropriately, was friendly and helpful. The food was flavorful and well presented, as expected. We loved the Tuna Poke in particular.Special Features:
- down hillwasabiDined on 9/4/2014I've been here several times; in the past Jay's has always been great but this time it was close to terrible. The first thing I noticed was that the bus girl seemed very unkempt. Her shirt was dirty and her hair was stringy and greasy. Our drinks and bread arrived not only after we had finished our appetizer but also after meals had arrived. When they did the server was unable to open thee bottle of beer and did not bring a glass. My quail was obviously reheated and just warm. My stomach was not supper happy the next morning. We sat there with empty plates in front of us for a while waiting for the check. As the person I went with mentioned it felt like they had put us in the kids room. For plates that run $20+ - $37 I expect better.
- Excellent once again!!SherryDined on 9/2/2014The food and ambiance at Jays is always the best. Our entrees were hot and cooked perfectly and the service could not have been better. We always feel like the most important people in the restaurant because of the service we receive. It always reminds us of what a gem it is.Special Features:
- wedding anniversarymaninloveDined on 8/31/2014the place is excellent, good food and great service- we had a great timeSpecial Features:
- SManDined on 8/30/2014Great service from knowledgeable waiters, delicious meal, and good wine list. The live music creates a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere that perfectly accents the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jay's BistrocrystalfoxDined on 8/29/2014Our favorite place to go to celebrate special occasions or just any day of the week!Special Features:
- GoodAmyJDined on 8/27/2014Ordered seafood Caesar with dressing on the side. Came with dressing on it... Did not want to waste. Ate seafood off but couldn't eat lettuce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLisaMovesDined on 8/24/2014Loved Jay's Bistro! It is perfect for a special occasion. It was my father's favorite restaurant and I wanted to go in memory of him and really enjoyed it I will make this a yearly event.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRichardDined on 8/21/2014Chris, our server, was very good, making recommendations for wine pairings and food. The food was excellent. Downside was that the air conditioner was turned down a little too low and we thought Mark Sloniker was playing (after checking both Jay's Bistro and Mark's websites) and found out he was out of the country. We would like to come again when he is playing as the food and service was great!Special Features:
- First Time ImpressionsTasteTesterDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our very first visit to Jay's Bistro. Each of us, including our 8 year old grandson, thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We have been to Jay's Bistro numerous times on weekends, but this was our first dining experience on a Monday night. The service was sub-par compared to weekends and we were seated in a booth next to the area that employees count their tips, talk about tables from the night, and stay after for a night cap. That was distracting and seemed to take up time from our server (the bartender.) Overall, our food was wonderful as always. Our evening consisted of raspberry brie, lobster bisque and mixed greens, Colorado lamb, duck trilogy, creme brule, and chocolate decadence. The lamb was perfectly prepared. We made the best of our dining experience given the awkward atmosphere with employees around us.Special Features:
- Overpriced and super noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Don't go here. Try restaurant 415, Social or Snooze. Jays used to be upscale and unique. The staff seems as though it's just another day at the office. I brought my 80 year-old mom for her birthday and the hostess, servers and manager did not seem to make her feel special. The Sevice was slow with us but super fast with everyone else around us (maybe because they ordered more). The other servers were scurrying around and being loud. My moms red meat was cooked perfectly but there was only fattening mashed potatoes and 4 asparagus w/ it. My Bass was bland and there was more skin left on the fish than meat and there were no green veggies. My most favorite item was the hot sour dough bread and condiments. Now, that was worth the calories!Special Features:
- Definitely a repeat!KGibb123Dined on 8/15/2014We have driven up to Fort Collins from Broomfield three separate times this summer to eat at Jay's-we love it! Food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelindaBadbassDined on 8/13/2014Worst food ever! We always would go to Jays for special occasions, the Chilean sea bass use to be the signature dish. I don't know what kind of fish they served but it was not Chilean sea bass! We could not even eat it. The waitress seemed oblivious, Never recommend them or go back. It's sad to see the place go down hill.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I had an anniversary Dinner at Jay's. We had a very nice quite location and the food, ambience and service were superb. It made for a memorable and romantic evening and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True GemMadlyDeliciousDined on 8/11/2014Jay's Bistro is always on the mark. The food is delicious, service is outstanding and the atmosphere is perfect, whether dining inside or out. We live in Wyoming but dining at Jay's when we're in FOCO is one of our favorites. Five experiences - all great! Love the quail, cheddar bacon mashers, the martini's are madly delcious and the wines are wonderful. We've also dined at Jay's with business partners from out of state and they loved it. It's a good feeling when you take food and wine connoisseurs to a great place and know they enjoyed it as much.Special Features:
- Great Fort Collins Lunch OptionLTranVIPDined on 8/11/2014I come to Jays for lunch often and they are consistently good. They have a varied menu to satisfy most palates. It's worth a visit if you're in the Fort Collins area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBeefDined on 8/10/2014The buffalo prosciutto for an appetizer was outstanding! The filet mignon was a little under cooked for medium rare but was still outstanding because it was a great piece of meat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, good food!dlcanDined on 8/7/2014We ate at Jay's Bistro for our anniversary. Jay's went above and beyond to make our visit memorable. The table, located in a romantic location, was decorated with festive ribbons. The food and wine were great and the service given to us by Christopher was above and beyond our expectations. I would return to Jay's in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Outstanding!BeefDined on 7/29/2014Chilean sea bass was outstanding! Creme brulee was outstanding! Great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent good and service!InsearchofgreatsteakDined on 7/28/2014From the carpaccio of smoked buffalo appetizer to the whiskey cupcake for dessert, and everything in between, we had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMdprofessorDined on 7/26/2014Music was fantastic, food was incredible, service was top notch Very pleased with the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total QualityHomerun100Dined on 7/23/2014What a nice evening. Food was great and the service was even better. Waiter patient and assisted with wine choice, recommended the lamb...wow. A very positive experienceSpecial Features:
- FabulousFrankDined on 7/19/2014We are from Chicago and visit Fort Collins periodically. The only common denominator is that EVERY time we visit Fort Collins, we have dinner at Jay's. The food, the service, the ambiance; the entire experience is fabulous and this in a town that is replete with exceptional restaurants.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationChicagoFoodieDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I, along with my 89 year old mother, celebrated my birthday at Jay's. The pre-dinner drinks were perfect, and the food was delicious. Mom and I had the Chilean Sea Bass, and it was delicate, flavorful and moist. My husband had the pork chops, which were also excellent. The server did not rush us, as we asked, and was able to answer all of our questions. After dinner, we went into the bar and listened to a jazz pianist. The evening was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting for first impressionLove2eatDined on 7/14/2014Appetizers are good here. We find the entrees are always bland- never spiced up! Wait staff and manager are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.