135 W Oak Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jaysbistro.net/
- Phone: 9704821876x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rhys Edmunds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jay's has been offering off premise catering service in Fort Collins for the past 28 years. We are committed to offering exceptional quality and value with attention to all the details. We can make all the arrangements from food, presentation, service, cooks, bartenders, rental equipment for 10-400 people. References available. Our menus are personally prepared with your event in mind. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Jay's Bistro features two private banquet rooms. Our Fireside Room is an intimate charming comfortable room with fireplace and low lights which can seat up to 35 guests. Our Columbine Room is roomy and airy featuring large windows to the downtown area and seats up to 50 guests. We offer customized menus for your event prepared personally for you. Whether it is a birthday, anniversary, retirement luncheon or dinner or a business meeting, it is our goal to make your special event extra special. From attention to detail, delicious food, great service let Jay's Bistro offer you one of our private banquet spaces.
- Private Party Contact: Jacki Witlen 9704821876x
- Entertainment: Jay's Bistro Jazz Lounge proudly features Mark Sloniker on the baby grand Wednesday through Saturday evenings. Each evening Mark begins with light jazz and dinner music and is then joined later in the evening by other talented musicians from Northern Colorado from upright bass, drums, horns, fiddles and more. Every night is an event at the Bistro.
Wednesday 7:30pm - 10:30pm
Thursday 6:30pm - 10:30pm (trio begins at 8:30)
Friday & Saturday 6:30pm - 8:00pm Jazz on the baby grand - 8:30pm - 11:30pm(trio or quartet)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Jay's Bistro is located conveniently downtown on Oak Street. We have street parking just outside our door. There are also parking facilities in the parking garage down the block as well as parking in the First National Bank parking lot after 5:00pm.
A word from Jay's Bistro
Jay's Bistro is a locally owned business started in 1980 by Jay Witlen with his wife and partner, Jacki. From humble beginnings through the evolution of Jay's Bistro and Jazz Lounge, Jay's entrepreneurial spirit combined with Jacki's encouragement have inspired them to achieve and maintain the perfect mix of hospitality, entertainment and cuisine in their bistro for the past 28 years. The combination of personally run business and swanky atmosphere, fine tuned by a professional kitchen and service staff creates their recipe for success. Their mission was and is to do this and have fun along the way doing it! "Life is good when you share bountiful things," says Jay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jay's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fort Collins ›
Jay's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (63)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (15)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- AwesomeLisaMovesDined on 8/24/2014Loved Jay's Bistro! It is perfect for a special occasion. It was my father's favorite restaurant and I wanted to go in memory of him and really enjoyed it I will make this a yearly event.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRichardDined on 8/21/2014Chris, our server, was very good, making recommendations for wine pairings and food. The food was excellent. Downside was that the air conditioner was turned down a little too low and we thought Mark Sloniker was playing (after checking both Jay's Bistro and Mark's websites) and found out he was out of the country. We would like to come again when he is playing as the food and service was great!Special Features:
- First Time ImpressionsTasteTesterDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our very first visit to Jay's Bistro. Each of us, including our 8 year old grandson, thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We have been to Jay's Bistro numerous times on weekends, but this was our first dining experience on a Monday night. The service was sub-par compared to weekends and we were seated in a booth next to the area that employees count their tips, talk about tables from the night, and stay after for a night cap. That was distracting and seemed to take up time from our server (the bartender.) Overall, our food was wonderful as always. Our evening consisted of raspberry brie, lobster bisque and mixed greens, Colorado lamb, duck trilogy, creme brule, and chocolate decadence. The lamb was perfectly prepared. We made the best of our dining experience given the awkward atmosphere with employees around us.Special Features:
- Overpriced and super noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Don't go here. Try restaurant 415, Social or Snooze. Jays used to be upscale and unique. The staff seems as though it's just another day at the office. I brought my 80 year-old mom for her birthday and the hostess, servers and manager did not seem to make her feel special. The Sevice was slow with us but super fast with everyone else around us (maybe because they ordered more). The other servers were scurrying around and being loud. My moms red meat was cooked perfectly but there was only fattening mashed potatoes and 4 asparagus w/ it. My Bass was bland and there was more skin left on the fish than meat and there were no green veggies. My most favorite item was the hot sour dough bread and condiments. Now, that was worth the calories!Special Features:
- Definitely a repeat!KGibb123Dined on 8/15/2014We have driven up to Fort Collins from Broomfield three separate times this summer to eat at Jay's-we love it! Food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelindaBadbassDined on 8/13/2014Worst food ever! We always would go to Jays for special occasions, the Chilean sea bass use to be the signature dish. I don't know what kind of fish they served but it was not Chilean sea bass! We could not even eat it. The waitress seemed oblivious, Never recommend them or go back. It's sad to see the place go down hill.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I had an anniversary Dinner at Jay's. We had a very nice quite location and the food, ambience and service were superb. It made for a memorable and romantic evening and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True GemMadlyDeliciousDined on 8/11/2014Jay's Bistro is always on the mark. The food is delicious, service is outstanding and the atmosphere is perfect, whether dining inside or out. We live in Wyoming but dining at Jay's when we're in FOCO is one of our favorites. Five experiences - all great! Love the quail, cheddar bacon mashers, the martini's are madly delcious and the wines are wonderful. We've also dined at Jay's with business partners from out of state and they loved it. It's a good feeling when you take food and wine connoisseurs to a great place and know they enjoyed it as much.Special Features:
- Great Fort Collins Lunch OptionLTranVIPDined on 8/11/2014I come to Jays for lunch often and they are consistently good. They have a varied menu to satisfy most palates. It's worth a visit if you're in the Fort Collins area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBeefDined on 8/10/2014The buffalo prosciutto for an appetizer was outstanding! The filet mignon was a little under cooked for medium rare but was still outstanding because it was a great piece of meat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, good food!dlcanDined on 8/7/2014We ate at Jay's Bistro for our anniversary. Jay's went above and beyond to make our visit memorable. The table, located in a romantic location, was decorated with festive ribbons. The food and wine were great and the service given to us by Christopher was above and beyond our expectations. I would return to Jay's in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Outstanding!BeefDined on 7/29/2014Chilean sea bass was outstanding! Creme brulee was outstanding! Great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent good and service!InsearchofgreatsteakDined on 7/28/2014From the carpaccio of smoked buffalo appetizer to the whiskey cupcake for dessert, and everything in between, we had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMdprofessorDined on 7/26/2014Music was fantastic, food was incredible, service was top notch Very pleased with the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total QualityHomerun100Dined on 7/23/2014What a nice evening. Food was great and the service was even better. Waiter patient and assisted with wine choice, recommended the lamb...wow. A very positive experienceSpecial Features:
- FabulousFrankDined on 7/19/2014We are from Chicago and visit Fort Collins periodically. The only common denominator is that EVERY time we visit Fort Collins, we have dinner at Jay's. The food, the service, the ambiance; the entire experience is fabulous and this in a town that is replete with exceptional restaurants.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationChicagoFoodieDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I, along with my 89 year old mother, celebrated my birthday at Jay's. The pre-dinner drinks were perfect, and the food was delicious. Mom and I had the Chilean Sea Bass, and it was delicate, flavorful and moist. My husband had the pork chops, which were also excellent. The server did not rush us, as we asked, and was able to answer all of our questions. After dinner, we went into the bar and listened to a jazz pianist. The evening was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting for first impressionLove2eatDined on 7/14/2014Appetizers are good here. We find the entrees are always bland- never spiced up! Wait staff and manager are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Fort CollinsMacksDined on 7/10/2014Always love going to Jay's Bistro. You can always expect great service and great food!Special Features:
- Favorite hometown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014The food is always wonderful and the service is friendly, attentive, and efficient! We love that the dinner menu and the lunch menu are quite different. The chef uses many local food sources and organic ingredients. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Very RomanticcommoninjaDined on 7/7/2014I brought my wife here for my 6th year anniversary. The servers decorated our table and wished us congratulations all night, and I don't even remember noting in my reservations that it was this occasion. The food was amazing as well, and my wife noted that this was the best filet mignon she has had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingwineanddineDined on 7/6/2014We have always considered Jay's as a special occasion restaurant but although the service was excellent, our dinner was just fair. I would not recommend the sea bass or filet tournedos. However, the wedge salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchtJakeDined on 7/2/2014After a hectic morning, needed a quiet lunch. Jay's delivered. The food, especially the shrimp & grits, was delicious. Tamara was a great server, there when we needed her, otherwise not intrusive.Special Features:
- Cant go wrong with Jay'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Jay's remains a favorite for special occasions, and has yet to let us down.Special Features:
- Perfect every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Another lovely dinner at Jay's. Food, drinks, service and music delightful as always. That is why we frequent Jay's quite often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerCabermonDined on 6/25/2014Celebrated our 31st anniversary at Jay's. It's been our "go to" spot for special occasions for years. When we arrived, our booth had been decorated for us! Service was beyond excellent. We each had a special (one salmon, one halibut) each outstandingly prepared and served in a unique way. The Chocolate Ravioli for dessert is Killer!!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2luvfoodyDined on 6/23/2014Wow our 32nd Anniversary was really a great time and the food was fantastic. It is truly a treasure to have a chef here in Ft Collins that can prepare a great tasting dish and make it beautiful as well. We can't wait to go again. MMMMMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousElbeDined on 6/20/2014Had a delicious dinner. The duck egg rolls were amazing and the main course, the daily salmon special, which the waitress recommended was perfect. Live jazz music was a bit loud, but not overwhelming from the back of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationsaccjDDined on 6/15/2014Jay's is a restaurant where we often dine for special occasions. For this dinner we celebrated Father's Day and two birthdays. It was great,accj as always. Delicious food and good service in pleasant surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an evening outGraceDined on 6/7/2014This is a great experience for an evening out. We didn't feel rushed, enjoyed great food and my food allergy was handled professionally. It was great to go and know that I could enjoy the night! The salted caramel martini was great, the server knew her wines and the specials were fantastic.Special Features:
- Happy Hour is great!ChrisDined on 6/6/2014Excellent and imaginative happy hour food and drink menu at reduced prices. Reserve an indoor table, but move outside when the weather suits.Special Features:
- Great!JackieDined on 6/2/2014Took my husband here for his birthday on Monday. We had a wonderful dinner and the service was excellent. We'll save up to come back again!Special Features:
- CoachDined on 6/1/2014Great restaurant which we have frequented many times. Each time is a success. Dependable, reliable and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jay's Fort Collins' GemwinenotDined on 5/31/2014After 10+ years Jay's still is the best we have to offer. My 5 star rating says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour! Wonderful serverMarthaDined on 5/24/2014I chose Jay's for my birthday dinner. I had been there a couple times before, and remembered it had good atmosphere, food, and beverage menu. We ended up making an evening of ordering mostly happy hour items as well as a few main menu items. Great variety!! Will definitely return! Our server, Ollie, was superb. Wonderful personality, very warm. She even allowed us to give her a tattoo in front of her mother on the patio ;). Ashley also got a tattoo, and Ollie's mom captured the fun by being gracious and taking a picture of us. All in all a wonderful birthday evening, Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond magnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Every single item of food that touched our table was outstanding - it was the first time any of us had been there, and it instantly became our new favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked to perfectionnwstobsessionDined on 5/15/2014I have been to Jay's Bistro twice, and each time my meat was cooked just perfectly. We rarely go out to dinner, but when we do we want it to be better than what we could make at home, and both times at Jay's have been just that. Perfect for a special occasion, a romantic evening, or a business dinner. I am definitely recommending Jay's to my friends.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceJamiegDined on 5/11/2014We went to Jay's from Mother's Day brunch and the food was outstanding but the best part of the experience was our server, Chris. Our mimosas were never empty, he was friendly and attentive. Jays is known for their wonderful food but they do an amazing job with their serving staff!Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We had a fish dish and duck. Both were great meals with great sauces!Special Features: