135 W Oak Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jaysbistro.net/
- Phone: 9704821876x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rhys Edmunds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jay's has been offering off premise catering service in Fort Collins for the past 28 years. We are committed to offering exceptional quality and value with attention to all the details. We can make all the arrangements from food, presentation, service, cooks, bartenders, rental equipment for 10-400 people. References available. Our menus are personally prepared with your event in mind. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Jay's Bistro features two private banquet rooms. Our Fireside Room is an intimate charming comfortable room with fireplace and low lights which can seat up to 35 guests. Our Columbine Room is roomy and airy featuring large windows to the downtown area and seats up to 50 guests. We offer customized menus for your event prepared personally for you. Whether it is a birthday, anniversary, retirement luncheon or dinner or a business meeting, it is our goal to make your special event extra special. From attention to detail, delicious food, great service let Jay's Bistro offer you one of our private banquet spaces.
- Private Party Contact: Jacki Witlen 9704821876x
- Entertainment: Jay's Bistro Jazz Lounge proudly features Mark Sloniker on the baby grand Wednesday through Saturday evenings. Each evening Mark begins with light jazz and dinner music and is then joined later in the evening by other talented musicians from Northern Colorado from upright bass, drums, horns, fiddles and more. Every night is an event at the Bistro.
Wednesday 7:30pm - 10:30pm
Thursday 6:30pm - 10:30pm (trio begins at 8:30)
Friday & Saturday 6:30pm - 8:00pm Jazz on the baby grand - 8:30pm - 11:30pm(trio or quartet)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Jay's Bistro is located conveniently downtown on Oak Street. We have street parking just outside our door. There are also parking facilities in the parking garage down the block as well as parking in the First National Bank parking lot after 5:00pm.
A word from Jay's Bistro
Jay's Bistro is a locally owned business started in 1980 by Jay Witlen with his wife and partner, Jacki. From humble beginnings through the evolution of Jay's Bistro and Jazz Lounge, Jay's entrepreneurial spirit combined with Jacki's encouragement have inspired them to achieve and maintain the perfect mix of hospitality, entertainment and cuisine in their bistro for the past 28 years. The combination of personally run business and swanky atmosphere, fine tuned by a professional kitchen and service staff creates their recipe for success. Their mission was and is to do this and have fun along the way doing it! "Life is good when you share bountiful things," says Jay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jay's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fort Collins ›
Jay's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (61)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (10)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Music was fantastic, food was incredible, service was top notch Very pleased with the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total QualityHomerun100Dined on 7/23/2014What a nice evening. Food was great and the service was even better. Waiter patient and assisted with wine choice, recommended the lamb...wow. A very positive experienceSpecial Features:
- FabulousFrankDined on 7/19/2014We are from Chicago and visit Fort Collins periodically. The only common denominator is that EVERY time we visit Fort Collins, we have dinner at Jay's. The food, the service, the ambiance; the entire experience is fabulous and this in a town that is replete with exceptional restaurants.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationChicagoFoodieDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I, along with my 89 year old mother, celebrated my birthday at Jay's. The pre-dinner drinks were perfect, and the food was delicious. Mom and I had the Chilean Sea Bass, and it was delicate, flavorful and moist. My husband had the pork chops, which were also excellent. The server did not rush us, as we asked, and was able to answer all of our questions. After dinner, we went into the bar and listened to a jazz pianist. The evening was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting for first impressionLove2eatDined on 7/14/2014Appetizers are good here. We find the entrees are always bland- never spiced up! Wait staff and manager are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Fort CollinsMacksDined on 7/10/2014Always love going to Jay's Bistro. You can always expect great service and great food!Special Features:
- Favorite hometown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014The food is always wonderful and the service is friendly, attentive, and efficient! We love that the dinner menu and the lunch menu are quite different. The chef uses many local food sources and organic ingredients. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Very RomanticcommoninjaDined on 7/7/2014I brought my wife here for my 6th year anniversary. The servers decorated our table and wished us congratulations all night, and I don't even remember noting in my reservations that it was this occasion. The food was amazing as well, and my wife noted that this was the best filet mignon she has had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingwineanddineDined on 7/6/2014We have always considered Jay's as a special occasion restaurant but although the service was excellent, our dinner was just fair. I would not recommend the sea bass or filet tournedos. However, the wedge salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchtJakeDined on 7/2/2014After a hectic morning, needed a quiet lunch. Jay's delivered. The food, especially the shrimp & grits, was delicious. Tamara was a great server, there when we needed her, otherwise not intrusive.Special Features:
- Cant go wrong with Jay'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Jay's remains a favorite for special occasions, and has yet to let us down.Special Features:
- Perfect every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Another lovely dinner at Jay's. Food, drinks, service and music delightful as always. That is why we frequent Jay's quite often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerCabermonDined on 6/25/2014Celebrated our 31st anniversary at Jay's. It's been our "go to" spot for special occasions for years. When we arrived, our booth had been decorated for us! Service was beyond excellent. We each had a special (one salmon, one halibut) each outstandingly prepared and served in a unique way. The Chocolate Ravioli for dessert is Killer!!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2luvfoodyDined on 6/23/2014Wow our 32nd Anniversary was really a great time and the food was fantastic. It is truly a treasure to have a chef here in Ft Collins that can prepare a great tasting dish and make it beautiful as well. We can't wait to go again. MMMMMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousElbeDined on 6/20/2014Had a delicious dinner. The duck egg rolls were amazing and the main course, the daily salmon special, which the waitress recommended was perfect. Live jazz music was a bit loud, but not overwhelming from the back of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationsaccjDDined on 6/15/2014Jay's is a restaurant where we often dine for special occasions. For this dinner we celebrated Father's Day and two birthdays. It was great,accj as always. Delicious food and good service in pleasant surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an evening outGraceDined on 6/7/2014This is a great experience for an evening out. We didn't feel rushed, enjoyed great food and my food allergy was handled professionally. It was great to go and know that I could enjoy the night! The salted caramel martini was great, the server knew her wines and the specials were fantastic.Special Features:
- Happy Hour is great!ChrisDined on 6/6/2014Excellent and imaginative happy hour food and drink menu at reduced prices. Reserve an indoor table, but move outside when the weather suits.Special Features:
- Great!JackieDined on 6/2/2014Took my husband here for his birthday on Monday. We had a wonderful dinner and the service was excellent. We'll save up to come back again!Special Features:
- CoachDined on 6/1/2014Great restaurant which we have frequented many times. Each time is a success. Dependable, reliable and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jay's Fort Collins' GemwinenotDined on 5/31/2014After 10+ years Jay's still is the best we have to offer. My 5 star rating says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour! Wonderful serverMarthaDined on 5/24/2014I chose Jay's for my birthday dinner. I had been there a couple times before, and remembered it had good atmosphere, food, and beverage menu. We ended up making an evening of ordering mostly happy hour items as well as a few main menu items. Great variety!! Will definitely return! Our server, Ollie, was superb. Wonderful personality, very warm. She even allowed us to give her a tattoo in front of her mother on the patio ;). Ashley also got a tattoo, and Ollie's mom captured the fun by being gracious and taking a picture of us. All in all a wonderful birthday evening, Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond magnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Every single item of food that touched our table was outstanding - it was the first time any of us had been there, and it instantly became our new favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked to perfectionnwstobsessionDined on 5/15/2014I have been to Jay's Bistro twice, and each time my meat was cooked just perfectly. We rarely go out to dinner, but when we do we want it to be better than what we could make at home, and both times at Jay's have been just that. Perfect for a special occasion, a romantic evening, or a business dinner. I am definitely recommending Jay's to my friends.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceJamiegDined on 5/11/2014We went to Jay's from Mother's Day brunch and the food was outstanding but the best part of the experience was our server, Chris. Our mimosas were never empty, he was friendly and attentive. Jays is known for their wonderful food but they do an amazing job with their serving staff!Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We had a fish dish and duck. Both were great meals with great sauces!Special Features:
- The Best in Fort CollinswinenotDined on 5/3/2014We've been going to Jay's for over 10 years, they have been in FC for 33!, and have never had anything but a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I wanted.Wyo38Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I recently dined there for our 10th wedding anniversary and she (or I) couldn't have been more pleased. From the private corner seating, special touches regarding our special date, to the amazing/knowledgeable service and delicious food. We both agreed to, not only return for many more meals, but also recommend Jay's to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014After our last time at Jay's we had decided not to return - horrible service and not so great food. However we opted to try again and this experience is what we have always expected and received.Special Features:
- amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Everything was great! The service was fantastic our server was a gem. The food was fantastic, my guest had the strip steak special and I had the Au Puivre both were prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Jay's is a home run!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Our dinner at Jay's was fabulous. This is a very classy and well presented food experience! Beautiful restaurant! Rack of lamb was so good, and service is uncompromising. Thanks Amanda. -MauriceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!sd23VIPDined on 4/22/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday at Jay's. When we arrived, the table was decorated. The service was very attentive, but not intrusive. Food was great! They even made a special dessert for us to take with us so we could celebrate at home with our other daughter who couldn't be at dinner. Couldn't be happier with our experience!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunch was OKKidatCSUDined on 4/20/2014Brunch was a bit overpriced for the selection of food - perhaps the lateness of our reservation was a factor here. I'd love to go back and see why this place gets such rave reviews!
- Delightful FinddelishDined on 4/18/2014There wasn't a plan to dine at Jay's the first evening we were in town, but evening cocktails and live jazz music rounded out our first stay in Fort Collins. On our return to the city, a dinner reservation was a must. As we prepare to become Fort Collin residents, Jay's Bistro has become our favorite 'date night' restaurant.Special Features:
- One of Fort Collins best!iluvtocookDined on 4/18/2014My friend & I were visiting from out of state & didn't know of many places to dine. I knew of Jays from a previous visit & really liked everything; food, ambience, music & service. We were so lucky to get last minute reservations & really enjoyed a great evening of good food & music! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceEliRenDined on 4/12/2014The food and service was delightful however as for ambience this place was very dark inside, I know this is supposed to add to the ambience but in this instance it may have done the opposite. It was almost a strain on the eyes to even read the menu. This place seemed to have a unspoken noise restriction also, it made it feel as if it was wrong of me to talk to my date I brought there on the night of 4/12. I felt like this place would be better enjoyed by long time couples and platonic groups but for a first date it seemed to add to the already existent awkwardness. Overall this place is very nice for fancy dining and the food is superb but the ambience could easily overwhelm someone on a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodwineandineDined on 4/11/2014Perfect for my husbands birthday, food and service was excellent, a cozy romantic place. Placed some streamers on our table to add to the celebratory theme with our dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BistrorificmarieclareDined on 4/11/2014Once again we had a wonderful meal at Jay's. We started with Lobster Mac n'Cheese, which wasn't as good as in the past. The macaroni should have been done a tad bit more and more lobster. It was not as creamy. We would not order it again. The Oysters Rockefeller were wonderful. The flourless chocolate torte for desert was hard, to the point that a fork was not able to go through the chocolate coating. I suspect it came out the refrigerator and not able to soften. It tasted good, but was not easy to eat. The service was great.Special Features:
- Always goodSkippyDined on 4/9/2014Jay's Bistro is never a disappointment. The food, service, special recognition of a birthday - all consistent with their high quality and enjoyment capability. Love this place. We go often.Special Features:
- As always, a great experience.DoubleJLDined on 4/5/2014Jay's Bistro provides a stellar overall experience, with exceptional food, great service and atmosphere. The fish and other proteins are always cooked to perfection, unlike at many other restaurants where you get a dry piece of fish especially, let alone chicken and other meats. There is something for everyone on the generous, but not overwhelming, menu.Special Features:
- The following 723 reviews are from the Jay's Bistro reviews archive.