14925 Midway Road
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jaxxsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9724587888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Marcelino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jaxx Steakhouse
Fresh seafood, tender steaks and a variety of salads and pasta expertly prepared for your enjoyment. JAXX Steakhouse welcomes you to taste the renowned JAXX Pepper Steak and our Chilean Sea Bass -a symphony of flavors you won't find anywhere else. With a decor of dark woods, cut glass and brass accents you may feel that you're in a classic New York or San Francisco restaurant. A tradition of value in Addison since 1992; this independent restaurant with a full bar offers daily specials, fine wines, and JAXX signature dishes in a casual, fine dining experience. We also have a private meeting room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jaxx Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (16)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not quite what I expectedStellaDined on 8/23/2014Nothing about Jaxx was close to how the restaurant was promoted or reviewed. It was disappointing and not worth the money. I would not return to Jaxx.
- Excellent Dinner Againluv2dineDined on 8/13/2014Once again I have to praise the food at Jaxx. We ate in the bar. The bartender was attentive and suggested some specials as well as drinks. Excellent job.Special Features:
- Need TraininglittlelambDined on 8/6/2014The food and service were wonderful but they need to train their staff on the new computer system. First of all it took way too long to produce the bills for our group, of course they were apologetic We were a sizeable group of all but one bill was incorrect and it was very confusing to get them rightI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceCDD248Dined on 8/2/2014Three of us ate here and all of our choices were excellent. We had drinks beforehand at the bar and they were well made and generous portions. When the drinks are good, the food usually is too. I had a filet with risotto. The filet was done perfectly and the seasoning was great. The risotto was delicious. One of us had sea bass and that too was nicely prepared. Service was attentive and friendly. We'd definitely go back for another dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerAdrianhDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 7 and unfortunately had a very poor experience from the food to the service everything was below par. What should have been a nice experience celebrating my mothers 67th birthday turned out to be a very uneventful evening where we left hungry and upset.
- Excellent choice for dinner!PamGDined on 8/1/2014Great food, service and ambience! Will return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodredlinetxDined on 7/26/2014The feel of the restaurant was somewhat upscale. The steaks was tasty and tender and cooked as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodfindDined on 7/26/2014It's been some time since I last visited Jaxx. This visit reminded me that I need to go there more often. The food was great, the service also. Will plan on going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!G2g2Dined on 7/25/2014Food is great at Jaxx. Been there 3times now. 2 of those my order was somehow messed up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Night OutPapaRedDogDined on 7/18/2014Very good service - The four of us all had steak. Most of the steaks were excellent. Mine was a bit tough and lacked flavor. Good portions on the sides, salads and dessert.Special Features:
- Mouthwatering Jaxx steakMikeDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Jaxx. We had not been here in awhile and were ready to revisit. The only disappointment of the evening was they were not serving their porkchops (which I love!). When told why, it makes me want to return. The chef felt they were not aged enough to serve - wow, talk about quality! Our Jaxx Pepper Steaks, however, were cut when ordered and the most tender and flavorful steak I've ever ordered. Thanks Jaxx for helping my wife celebrate her birthday - we both enjoyed our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAXXTASTIC lovethisplacelovethisplaceDined on 7/17/2014As usual my lamb was out of this world, Waiter Craig was great. It is nice to see that Craig and Jared work together to take care of Customers. Still no sign of GM talking to any customers and we were there early, So at that time place was not busy,so no excuseSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTown10Dined on 7/12/2014Walking through the doors of Jaxx made me feel like I was transported to an old northeastern neighborhood pub. Hunter green walls with mahogany accents. It looks somewhat formal, but also has a friendly, casual feel to it. Our waiter joked around with us like we were long time patrons. Excellent wine list and great food. I had the Jaxx steak with an amazing sauce. Our waiter recommended their signature desert which was a bread pudding, but he said "it's not your grandma's bread pudding." He was so right. My wife and I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrewupjanindallasDined on 7/11/2014I went to open table and scrolled through all Dallas restaurants. I decided on Jaxx and booked a reservation for 2. When I went to redeem my Open Table gift certificate, Jaxx was not on the list of restaurants of which I could choose. The manager took no ownership of the situation and I'm afraid Open Table won't either but if this is a glitch in the system it needs to be corrected. I am a realtor and have been giving Open Table gift certificates to my clients but if they are possibly going to have the same outcome I did, then I might decide on a different closing gift in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!kodiakDined on 7/9/2014We have been going to Jaxx Steakhouse every once in a while over the last 18 years, consistently good really sums it up. Never had a bad experience at Jaxx. Great place for any occasion!Special Features:
- Very Nice!!!peacefulDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is very nice. The atmosphere was quiet and cozy and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentCcnoryDined on 6/27/2014Top notch every time! Food, service, and atmosphere - wonderful everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food is definitely not worth the price. We ordered "jumbo" shrimp, which were hardly jumbo at all. No one at the table had great things to say about their food. The manager stood in a corner the entire time and never came to speak to our table (not even to ask how everything was). He spent his time at the hostess stand. The server had to go back and forth 3 times to the chef to give us the excuse as to why the shrimp were so small. We didn't expect anything for free out of this, but they did send a free dessert. I would have preferred the manager actually speak to us considering he is the face of the establishment during business hours. Will definitely not return.
- Fine Food, (Too) Fast ServiceSDPhillDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fine meal. She had the pork chop and I had the 8 oz. fillet. Both were excellent cuts and seared and grilled to perfection. The cheddar mashed potatoes consisted of mashed potatoes with some cheddar strips, unmelted, from a kraft bag you get at Kroeger. So bush league it was humorous. The Texas Manhattan was very good, made with TX Whiskey out of Ft. Worth. The server was in a rush for no apparent reason, he didn't have many tables. We think he was a transplanted New Yorker. We'd go back for the entrees and the Manhattan, not the service.Special Features:
- Uneven cookinglittlelambDined on 6/10/2014I ordered rack of lamb and only got 3 small chops. Only 2 out of the 3 were cooked correctly, so I sent it back and never received a replacement. They did buy us a dessert for the mistake but 2 little chops did not fill me upSpecial Features:
- Might be our new go-to steak houseOmnicolorDined on 6/7/2014Friendly waiter, great food. We'll totally be back.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014This was our first time at Jaxx. The service was attentive and the food delicious. We will definitely be back'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at JaxxDanoDined on 5/11/2014Went to Mother's Day Brunch for a first time visit. Food was good, but not great. My steak that I asked to be cooked medium was well done so I was disappointed with that. Service was good. Atmosphere was very nice. Has possibilities to be better with more attention to food taste.Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchfun2getherDined on 5/11/2014Dining at Jaxx is always a wonderful experience. We enjoy Matt as our waiter whenever he is working. He made the entire lunch experience as special as he always does. Matt is very attentive to every detail including making sure we have everything refreshed without asking. The descriptions he gives of the various menus is accurate and the food and presentation was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impression.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We tried Jaxx on a whim. We were very impressed with the food and service.Special Features:
- Fantastic food & servicelovethisplaceDined on 5/9/2014Craig was our waiter and he was great, I usually get the Lamb(it is fantastic), but this time I got the salmon also fantastic. I was surprised, beacause it did not appear that they had a GM around, I see someone that just walks around in casual dress(Old GM wore nice suit)but he never talks to customers such a pity, This is a very classy restaurant all waiters are dressed well so I was surprised that the GM was not in a suit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service Fantastic!Cookiemom88Dined on 5/9/2014Lunch for 3 was awesome, and our server was delightful. Definitely will come back!Special Features:
- Dining with FriendsFoodieDined on 5/8/2014Dined with four friends who all ordered the lamb chops. Everyone wanted a different degree of doneness and all were cooked perfectly and wtasted very delicious. Service was excellent as well. We will return next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dreamchieverDined on 5/2/2014Great food and service. It was my first experience there. Waiter gave great history of the chef and the restaurant. Had great menu suggestions and was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okaySteakluverDined on 5/2/2014Decided to try Jaxx rather than Chamberlains for a dinner with a friend in town from Toronto. I had heard great things about Jaxx so I decided to try it out. Let me say nothing was terrible but based on the prices I expected a much better experience. The service and ambiance were great but neither the NY Strip that I got not the Filet that my friend got were any better than from Outback - nothing wrong with outback just not in same price bracket. Probably won't be returning nor could I recommend.Special Features:
- The following 202 reviews are from the Jaxx Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Casual feel, great food & serviceTCA5Dined on 4/25/2014Was welcomed warmly at the door, seated promptly, served well, and fed very well. Jaxx manages to combine a casual feel (saw people in everything from shorts to sport coats, with most in between) with a white tablecloth vibe and especially nice food. The waiter highly recommended the evening's special, a bacon-wrapped filet and shrimp combo — found out later he helped develop it — and with good reason, it was very good, indeed. Will definitely include a return visit to Jaxx the next time I'm in that area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sexy Dining1midwestfoodieDined on 4/22/2014I love Jaxx Steakhouse. It is a sexy place hidden on Addison's strip. The nostalgic ambiance reminds me of the upscale bars in Boston or New York. It is a little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, OK service, high pricesNativeTexanDined on 4/19/2014We always enjoy our evening at Jaxx. It still reminds me of a really nice, cozy grill with the wood paneling a glass partitions. It has been several months since we dined and the food was still good, with my dining partner raving about the clam chowder, as apparently Jaxx's version is one of the best. Service was OK, but nothing spectacular, especially in view that the restaurant was less than half full on a Saturday evening. The real shocker was the total bill at the end of the meal. The two of us each had a cocktail, appetizer, steak entrée and glass of wine, with a final tally of $180. While Jaxx is an enjoyable evening out, it is not a $90/per person dining experience. I hope the small crowd and large tab are not foretelling the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaxxmemeDined on 4/19/2014Consistent performance over the years, all of the food is excellent. Service excellent. Martinis are big and excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealJohnDined on 4/17/2014Reservation was for four - six actually attended. 3 filets, 1 lamb chops, 1 seafood pasta and 1 halibut special. Everyone at the table was very happy with preparation/presentation of their dinners. While asparagus was not on the menu, some had been purchased that afternoon. It was used as a garnish as well as a vegetable. Thoroughly enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceMikeM83Dined on 4/15/2014Would definitely return; prices are reasonable given the quality of the food. Not the greatest filet I've ever had, but also not the most expensive - the two are matched. Service was shaky at first but got better during the meal, servers were very friendly/nice. Has a 'neighborhood' restaurant feel with a 'Palm steakhouse' twist.Special Features:
- First TimerJerryDined on 4/11/2014We were looking for somewhere new for a nice dinner and found Jaxx to be a very nice place for a good steak and seafood. My filet was cooked perfectly to order and my wife's Tuna was wonderful. We enjoyed the dinner, the service was excellent and we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for a business lunchGourmetGourmandDined on 4/11/2014Looking for a quiet place for a business lunch. Not too fancy or expensive, and quiet enough to talk. You'll think you are back in the 1980's, but if that's what you are looking for .....
- Great TimeDarunia2ndDined on 4/9/2014Food was great, waiter was very attentive and the food came out in a timely fashion that was perfect (food was hot when we ate it). Manager checked to see how everything was going. Perfect night out with the wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly staffNaturalPeachDined on 4/9/2014My husband and I were very happy with the food. Everything was hot and made to order. The staff and the manager were all very pleasant. The food was worth the price but the description should say $$$ instead of $$, most of the entrees were over $30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.