14925 Midway Road
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jaxxsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9724587888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Marcelino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Jaxx is the perfect venue for your next event. From Business Meetings, Private Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Wedding Receptions and more, Jaxx private meeting room can accommodate any event.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8888836370
A word from Jaxx Steakhouse
Fresh seafood, tender steaks and a variety of salads and pasta expertly prepared for your enjoyment. JAXX Steakhouse welcomes you to taste the renowned JAXX Pepper Steak and our Chilean Sea Bass -a symphony of flavors you won't find anywhere else. With a decor of dark woods, cut glass and brass accents you may feel that you're in a classic New York or San Francisco restaurant. A tradition of value in Addison since 1992; this independent restaurant with a full bar offers daily specials, fine wines, and JAXX signature dishes in a casual, fine dining experience. We also have a private meeting room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jaxx Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (16)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not worth itEasyGoingFoodieDined on 10/25/2014For 7pm on a Saturday, it was dead. And yet, it was impossible to get service! Waiter was terrible for my group of 8. He would only take drink orders for one person at a time! Then we'd have to repeatedly remind him to bring us the drinks. Food was decent, but you can get better and CHEAPER 5 minutes down the street in all directions. I regret that evening and apologized all night to my dinner guests. Flat out - first and last time for us to ever be there.Special Features:
- Great business lunchMCWinDFWVIPDined on 10/21/2014The objective in choosing a place was good food, good service, and quiet enough for discussion without shouting. This hit on all objectives.Special Features:
- Solid experience; just datedJenaCassVIPDined on 10/11/2014Jaxx is beginning to show it's age. It's the neighborhood restaurant that's tried and true with a trusted menu. It just needs updating for a more adventurous experience. The scallops were prepared perfectly and the pickled ginger is like none I've tasted. Zach, our waiter, coordinated a mini-wine tasting so I could find the glass best paired with dinner. Solid Scotch list that expanded beyon Macallan 12.Special Features:
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Depending on the time of arrival and staffing, you can have a wonderful dining e patience or leave frustrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & seafoodwerfoodiesVIPDined on 9/27/2014Not much to look at from the outside, but Open Table had never steered us wrong. Server was professional & friendly. check out celebrity photos on walls! Clam chowder was about 6-7 on our scale of 1-10. We are former New Englanders, so we know chowder! Next was spinach salad with hot (not) bacon dressing. It was neither warm nor spicy, but still quite tasty. Very fresh spinach. Scallop & Shrimp dish was excellent with wasabi mashed potatoes & ginger. Not too spicy & ginger was delicious. Steak was tender & flavorful, altho had some gristle. Lastly had the 2nd best cheesecake i've ever had, including in NY! (& I'm in my fifties & have traveled world-wide!) Will definitely go back. Also check local.Amazon.com for coupons - $20 for $40 off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticlovethisplaceVIPDined on 9/20/2014All was great It was Sturday so bar was not as busy and we decided we would eat in that area and Thomas bartender was great,food was awesomeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Great food and fabulous service! Great place for seafood and steaks. Nice and quiet so you can carry on a conversation. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. Great evening to celebrate a birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceVikalaVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is always a good experience in dining. Consistent good food, service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014This is a wonderful steak restaurant, but every thing they offer is absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Good Food ok serviceNewfoodyplaceDined on 9/11/2014Food was good but a little overpriced. I had a groupon and it was not honored as advertised. Upon checkout was told it was good only for entrès, not whole food order. They did give us a $20 coupon for next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent service. The clam chowder and edge salad were excellent. The ribeye and lamb chop need a little help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAngelaDined on 9/6/2014It's a steak house but the fish is outstanding! Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!!!marwesDined on 9/2/2014Hello my friends!!! We come from Holland and it was worthwile to go to Jaxx ... we never had such a good steak ... We advise you to go to Jaxx and order the steaks ... great !!!! And thank you for the hospitality. Jan Willem and Els FranssenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experienceDaronDined on 8/29/2014I'd recommend Outback Steakhouse or really any middle of the road restaurant over this place. The story is too long to express how terrible our experience here was.
- JaxxFredericoDined on 8/28/2014All food was delicious, well prepared and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and 1/2 Price Wine MisnomerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Steaks were cooked to order and mine was uniquely done with blue cheese crumbles and a light gravy or sauce. We were there on Thursday, half-price wine day...allegedly. This is a misnomer at best, and a falsehood at worst. First it only applied to wines sold by the glass and bottle. So we ordered a $35 dollar bottle thinking we'd get it for $17.50. On the check, it was billed as 5 glasses @ $11 = $55 for which 1/2 off was $27.50. So it was really 25% off wine night. Not a huge amount of money, but they're not giving what they advertise. This 2* for service.Special Features:
- Not quite what I expectedStellaDined on 8/23/2014Nothing about Jaxx was close to how the restaurant was promoted or reviewed. It was disappointing and not worth the money. I would not return to Jaxx.
- Excellent Dinner Againluv2dineDined on 8/13/2014Once again I have to praise the food at Jaxx. We ate in the bar. The bartender was attentive and suggested some specials as well as drinks. Excellent job.Special Features:
- Need TraininglittlelambDined on 8/6/2014The food and service were wonderful but they need to train their staff on the new computer system. First of all it took way too long to produce the bills for our group, of course they were apologetic We were a sizeable group of all but one bill was incorrect and it was very confusing to get them rightI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceCDD248VIPDined on 8/2/2014Three of us ate here and all of our choices were excellent. We had drinks beforehand at the bar and they were well made and generous portions. When the drinks are good, the food usually is too. I had a filet with risotto. The filet was done perfectly and the seasoning was great. The risotto was delicious. One of us had sea bass and that too was nicely prepared. Service was attentive and friendly. We'd definitely go back for another dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerAdrianhVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 7 and unfortunately had a very poor experience from the food to the service everything was below par. What should have been a nice experience celebrating my mothers 67th birthday turned out to be a very uneventful evening where we left hungry and upset.
- Excellent choice for dinner!PamGDined on 8/1/2014Great food, service and ambience! Will return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodredlinetxDined on 7/26/2014The feel of the restaurant was somewhat upscale. The steaks was tasty and tender and cooked as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodfindDined on 7/26/2014It's been some time since I last visited Jaxx. This visit reminded me that I need to go there more often. The food was great, the service also. Will plan on going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!G2g2VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food is great at Jaxx. Been there 3times now. 2 of those my order was somehow messed up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Night OutPapaRedDogDined on 7/18/2014Very good service - The four of us all had steak. Most of the steaks were excellent. Mine was a bit tough and lacked flavor. Good portions on the sides, salads and dessert.Special Features:
- Mouthwatering Jaxx steakMikeDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Jaxx. We had not been here in awhile and were ready to revisit. The only disappointment of the evening was they were not serving their porkchops (which I love!). When told why, it makes me want to return. The chef felt they were not aged enough to serve - wow, talk about quality! Our Jaxx Pepper Steaks, however, were cut when ordered and the most tender and flavorful steak I've ever ordered. Thanks Jaxx for helping my wife celebrate her birthday - we both enjoyed our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAXXTASTIC lovethisplacelovethisplaceVIPDined on 7/17/2014As usual my lamb was out of this world, Waiter Craig was great. It is nice to see that Craig and Jared work together to take care of Customers. Still no sign of GM talking to any customers and we were there early, So at that time place was not busy,so no excuseSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTown10Dined on 7/12/2014Walking through the doors of Jaxx made me feel like I was transported to an old northeastern neighborhood pub. Hunter green walls with mahogany accents. It looks somewhat formal, but also has a friendly, casual feel to it. Our waiter joked around with us like we were long time patrons. Excellent wine list and great food. I had the Jaxx steak with an amazing sauce. Our waiter recommended their signature desert which was a bread pudding, but he said "it's not your grandma's bread pudding." He was so right. My wife and I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrewupjanindallasDined on 7/11/2014I went to open table and scrolled through all Dallas restaurants. I decided on Jaxx and booked a reservation for 2. When I went to redeem my Open Table gift certificate, Jaxx was not on the list of restaurants of which I could choose. The manager took no ownership of the situation and I'm afraid Open Table won't either but if this is a glitch in the system it needs to be corrected. I am a realtor and have been giving Open Table gift certificates to my clients but if they are possibly going to have the same outcome I did, then I might decide on a different closing gift in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!kodiakDined on 7/9/2014We have been going to Jaxx Steakhouse every once in a while over the last 18 years, consistently good really sums it up. Never had a bad experience at Jaxx. Great place for any occasion!Special Features:
- The following 217 reviews are from the Jaxx Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Very Nice!!!peacefulDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is very nice. The atmosphere was quiet and cozy and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentCcnoryDined on 6/27/2014Top notch every time! Food, service, and atmosphere - wonderful everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food is definitely not worth the price. We ordered "jumbo" shrimp, which were hardly jumbo at all. No one at the table had great things to say about their food. The manager stood in a corner the entire time and never came to speak to our table (not even to ask how everything was). He spent his time at the hostess stand. The server had to go back and forth 3 times to the chef to give us the excuse as to why the shrimp were so small. We didn't expect anything for free out of this, but they did send a free dessert. I would have preferred the manager actually speak to us considering he is the face of the establishment during business hours. Will definitely not return.
- Fine Food, (Too) Fast ServiceSDPhillVIPDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fine meal. She had the pork chop and I had the 8 oz. fillet. Both were excellent cuts and seared and grilled to perfection. The cheddar mashed potatoes consisted of mashed potatoes with some cheddar strips, unmelted, from a kraft bag you get at Kroeger. So bush league it was humorous. The Texas Manhattan was very good, made with TX Whiskey out of Ft. Worth. The server was in a rush for no apparent reason, he didn't have many tables. We think he was a transplanted New Yorker. We'd go back for the entrees and the Manhattan, not the service.Special Features:
- Uneven cookinglittlelambDined on 6/10/2014I ordered rack of lamb and only got 3 small chops. Only 2 out of the 3 were cooked correctly, so I sent it back and never received a replacement. They did buy us a dessert for the mistake but 2 little chops did not fill me upSpecial Features:
- Might be our new go-to steak houseOmnicolorVIPDined on 6/7/2014Friendly waiter, great food. We'll totally be back.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014This was our first time at Jaxx. The service was attentive and the food delicious. We will definitely be back'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at JaxxDanoDined on 5/11/2014Went to Mother's Day Brunch for a first time visit. Food was good, but not great. My steak that I asked to be cooked medium was well done so I was disappointed with that. Service was good. Atmosphere was very nice. Has possibilities to be better with more attention to food taste.Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchfun2getherDined on 5/11/2014Dining at Jaxx is always a wonderful experience. We enjoy Matt as our waiter whenever he is working. He made the entire lunch experience as special as he always does. Matt is very attentive to every detail including making sure we have everything refreshed without asking. The descriptions he gives of the various menus is accurate and the food and presentation was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.