Jasper's - Plano
7161 Bishop Rd. Suite G-1
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jasper's - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kentrathbun.com/
- Phone: 4692299111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Kent Rathbun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Iron Chef America Winner Kent Rathbun's award winning cuisine at your home or other venue! Let Kent Rathbun Catering cook up the goods at your next event.
- Special Events: Join us Valentines day and the day after for a set 3-course menu. The cost is $55 dollars per person from 5pm to 630pm, and $75 from 7pm-11pm.
A word from Jasper's - Plano
Jasper's is a comfortably upscale restaurant, which features a menu focused on the best of America's regional cuisine, including rotisserie chicken, fish, steaks, salads, and pizza. "Jasper's serves the type of food you'd get at my house if I were cooking" says Executive Chef Kent Rathbun. "We want this to be a place where diners can visit whether they're looking for an inexpensive light meal or a higher-end dining experience-we've got it all". The casual design with a "modern outdoors" theme makes Jasper's the perfect place for any occasion. Chef Rathbun is a nationally recognized chef, who defeated Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America. He has also appeared on The Early Show, The Today Show, The Rosie O'Donnell Show and Ready, Set, Cook to name a few. Chef Rathbun has Abacus Restaurant in Dallas and Jasper's in Austin and The Woodlands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jasper's - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Jasper's - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)fit for foodies (126)romantic (84)neighborhood gem (83)hot spot (74)good for groups (72)notable wine list (72)great for lunch (60)vibrant bar scene (60)great for brunch (54)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)Show More
- Live jazz makes brunch very specialLuckydinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014I live near downtown Dallas and only go to Plano at lunch when I have something to do in the area. I've enjoyed lunch at Jasper's quite often but had never been there for brunch. What a delightful surprise! A jazz group made the meal more memorable. And the food was terrific. I had an omelet with the most sensational crispy nuggets of potatoes. I try to not eat too many starches - forget it, nothing was left on my plate. I'm looking forward to another brunch - very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for twojasontiffanyDined on 9/26/2014great menu, service, setting, and desert. the staff is always educated and willing to please. we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic---No WayTexaskeith65Dined on 9/25/2014So the food and service is great! Had the filet, oh so tender and flavorful. The wine list was very good. Pricing was as expected for a high end steak house. The ambiance is misleading in that appearance wise it looks like it could be pretty romantic. However the music was so loud I could barely carry a good conversation with the beautiful woman across the table from me. It was our second date and very important to be able to hear what she had to say. I always pay attention but really had to struggle to hear what she said. I would not recommend going there if you are planning on having an intimate dinner for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bill57kathyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Restaurant service was excellent and the food was great, as always. Server was attentive and took care of all out needs. This is one of my regular restaurants for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 9/20/2014So glad Chris Gangi is part of your team! He is the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRudyDined on 9/20/2014Everything was delicious. Plenty of food and great wine selection.Special Features:
- Date nightSaturdayDined on 9/20/2014The service was wonderful. Pork belly as an app was slightly over cooked. Scallops and prime rib were great. The Gouda Mac and cheese never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure about Jasper'sTXdinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have not been to Jasper's in sometime and were there on a Saturday night. Music so loud you could not carry on a conversation. My friend made the comment that we were dining in a dance club! Shared salads which were good. Two of us ordered the Halibut special…which we enjoyed. Two ordered the prime rib, but baked potatoes arrived cold and hard. But these were replaced in a few minutes. Maybe we are all too "old" for dinner at Jasper's…and dance club music. Not an enjoyable evening for any of us. We will not be back anytime soon.
- AmazingDplainDined on 9/20/2014This place is truly top notch. My wife and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary and they made it truly memorable. Our server was a gentlemen named Chris and he provided the best service I can ever remember. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful yet again!DinahDined on 9/19/2014Delicious food, attentive service and nice menu selections. Something for everyone. Well worth the extra price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicedateNdineDined on 9/19/2014Our waiter Christopher helped to make our dining experince very special. He was attentive, very personalble and has a good sense of humor. We will ask for him the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special night dinnerdkarelVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great place for costly backyard eats...nice space...not for a special event like our 4th anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealFineDinerDined on 9/13/2014Our foursome had an exceptionally good dinner here. The cocktails all the way through to the desserts were excellent. We highly recommend the Buffalo Gap Bourbon Berry Smash and the Carre Vierre flask cocktail. The crab cakes and blue maytag chips were excellent starters. We had the Branzini, Prime Rib, Baby Back Ribs and Pork Loin filet and all were absolutely divine. Save room for the Butterfingers Creme Brûlée and Ganache HoHos with Graham's 20 year Port and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Noise levelljoyVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, the food was wonderful and the service attentive and friendly. The noise level in the restaurant is intense. Tables are close together and, especially on a Saturday night, conversations get louder and louder, making it difficult to hear your dinner companions. Not sure if this can be corrected, just an observation. Maybe better to enjoy the food during the week.Special Features:
- 4644Dined on 9/8/2014We had a party of 7 and were delighted with the food and service. Michael was our waiter and went out of his way to see to all our needs and even those needs we didn't know we had. I've never had better spare ribs. The corn, warm potato salad and macaroni and cheese are three of their classic offerings. The presentation is beautiful. The desserts are a highlight, very unusual such as bacon caramel cake. delectable. I choose to go there every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMereVIPDined on 9/8/2014Jasper's is wonderful! The food and service are both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- check it outtxchef320Dined on 9/5/2014Extremely good food. We were able to get a table on Saturday night at 745. The service was amazing. Our server knew the answer to every question we had and described the specials extremely well to where 3 out of 4 of us ordered them. Definitely a place to check outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 9/3/2014Lunch was great waiter was perfect did not interrupt conversations and was very timely and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Great spot for a business lunch, but please turn the music down...it's background music, not foreground music. Food was excellent. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodDrSlickDined on 8/31/2014My husband ordered the barbecued ribs with baked potato salad and I had the pork tenderloin atop charred corn. Both were absolutely amazing. As a rib fan, my husband said he couldn't remember the last time he had ribs that tender and perfectly seasoned. My tenderloin melted in my mouth. We can't wait to get back to TX and Jasper's. Wish it was closer to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatTButlerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Consistently great service. We are monthly patrons and we always have a great time and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDined on 8/31/2014The food is great and the service is awesome. The ribs are amazing. Great wine list but pretty high priced. Great for a speacial occasion.Special Features:
- Simply Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Since I don't live in the plano area, I always try to make a stop to Jasper's when in the vicinity. The food is always consistently fabulous and the service is top notch! This visit was no exception. They had taken a couple of items that I enjoyed off the menu, but fortunately still had the best ribs I have ever had! They no longer had the cherry limeade pie that was a favorite, but I found a new one with the peach cobbler. I highly recommend jasper's to anyone looking for a great meal!Special Features:
- Very accommodatingGoodfoodonlyplsDined on 8/30/2014Were happy to fit in our party when a reservation at another restaurant in the area failed to deliver the goods. Service was superb, food was excellent. Jasper's was crowded that evening but yet we could still hear each other easily and were able to carry on a lively conversation. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening w FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Staring with the calamari and ending with the dessert trio with delicious entrees In between. The girls got then sea bass special highlighted by tempura asparagus and it did not disappoint. The guys had the filet and love it too finished with a red wine butter sauce. Thanks for a great evening Jasper's.Special Features:
- CHEFY showed upKathleenDined on 8/28/2014Have always wanted to dine here. After we valeted the car, Kent Rathbun pulled in. I took it as a sign. Our server Viviana took great care of us and asked us if we were celebrating anything. Had some great suggestions for food and drink for our first time here. We completely enjoyed our food and we can't wait to go back again. Everything was just stupendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jasper's is amazingAmazingDined on 8/28/2014Jasper's is amazing in every area. Every appetizer, entree, salad and soup, and dessert is scrumptious! The martinis are a favorite of mine! Wine iist is Devine and service is friendly and totally 5 star.Special Features:
- Great DiningfoodyDined on 8/26/2014We went there for dinner to unwind after a hard day. Vibrant bar scene with very good food and excellent service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!katyVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsSebastianDined on 8/21/2014Taken many friends and business partners here, on every day of the week. A great experience every visit. Jalapeño corn and Mac-n-cheese great sides with the different steaks and salmon ordered at out table. Won't hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysTroyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding food. Server was a little too forward (tried too hard to connect emotionally), but service was very good. A trusted spot for a great business dinner.Special Features:
- Dependable Business SpotMangoDined on 8/18/2014Nice central north Dallas location for business meals. Pork Tenderloin was particularly good served over corn with barbecue sauce. Wine selection was good - even for my execs from California. I agree - Maytag Blue potato chips always seem a little soggy and cool off to quickly for my taste. But overall, always a great dining choice for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuickBuickDined on 8/18/2014Great food but unusually SLOW service. We went back for Lunch the next day and it was much better.Special Features:
- Brunch was coldfricogalVIPDined on 8/17/2014Very disappointed considering I've been here before.... maytag blue chips were soooo soggy. the ribs were tough and cold when served. the fried chicken was also tough and dry. I'm not sure what's going on with this place but, I'm never coming back. YUCK!!!! there are better places nearby for the $ you have to spend.
- Good but....PlanoBobVIPDined on 8/16/2014Was not as intimate as I would have preferred. Much bigger restaurant. Entrees are huge. Share. Also, flatbread on menu isn't really flatbread. It's a pizza. Little disappointing but still good. Very vibrant and energetic place. We enjoyed and had great time. Would go back but maybe not right away.Special Features:
- OldebeauoldebeauDined on 8/13/2014Never saw so many smiles and happy personalities. It was great from the time we arrived to the time we left. We all had something different from the menu and all selections were excellent. Our server Brandi was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid every time!TButlerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Jasper's is my favorite fine dining restaurant around. Everything about the dinner was perfect. The wait staff gives you the appropriate amount of service - keeping you satisfied without smothering you. The food is always great. I had prime rib and cauliflower. Our waiter recommended the perfect wine pairing for the prime rib... and it wasn't on the "higher end" of the wine price list, it was the correct wine instead if the expensive wine. I'll keep returning!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!Tig1Dined on 8/12/2014Great food and service in the heart of The Shops at Legacy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu variety; overpriced wineMudkittenmamaDined on 8/9/2014Our appetizers and entrees were spot on. I prefer less sauce on the branzini, but it was pan seared perfectly. The service was pleasant and efficient. Disappointed in the wine menu- bottle markup is expected- but not at 400%. A $15 Sauvignon Blanc was $60- same think for a Pinot noir. How frustrating. That said, our waiter did offer to knock down the price a bit upon inquiry. The gesture was appreciated! Overall much better than average and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyeaterLuv2eatDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great. Their food is so fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.