Jasper's - Plano
7161 Bishop Rd. Suite G-1
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jasper's - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kentrathbun.com/
- Phone: 4692299111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Kent Rathbun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Iron Chef America Winner Kent Rathbun's award winning cuisine at your home or other venue! Let Kent Rathbun Catering cook up the goods at your next event.
- Special Events: Join us Valentines day and the day after for a set 3-course menu. The cost is $55 dollars per person from 5pm to 630pm, and $75 from 7pm-11pm.
A word from Jasper's - Plano
Jasper's is a comfortably upscale restaurant, which features a menu focused on the best of America's regional cuisine, including rotisserie chicken, fish, steaks, salads, and pizza. "Jasper's serves the type of food you'd get at my house if I were cooking" says Executive Chef Kent Rathbun. "We want this to be a place where diners can visit whether they're looking for an inexpensive light meal or a higher-end dining experience-we've got it all". The casual design with a "modern outdoors" theme makes Jasper's the perfect place for any occasion. Chef Rathbun is a nationally recognized chef, who defeated Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America. He has also appeared on The Early Show, The Today Show, The Rosie O'Donnell Show and Ready, Set, Cook to name a few. Chef Rathbun has Abacus Restaurant in Dallas and Jasper's in Austin and The Woodlands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jasper's - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Jasper's - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)fit for foodies (129)romantic (98)neighborhood gem (95)good for groups (83)hot spot (80)notable wine list (76)vibrant bar scene (68)great for brunch (63)great for lunch (62)great for outdoor dining (40)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (15)late-night find (11)Show More
- Simply Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Since I don't live in the plano area, I always try to make a stop to Jasper's when in the vicinity. The food is always consistently fabulous and the service is top notch! This visit was no exception. They had taken a couple of items that I enjoyed off the menu, but fortunately still had the best ribs I have ever had! They no longer had the cherry limeade pie that was a favorite, but I found a new one with the peach cobbler. I highly recommend jasper's to anyone looking for a great meal!Special Features:
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Were happy to fit in our party when a reservation at another restaurant in the area failed to deliver the goods. Service was superb, food was excellent. Jasper's was crowded that evening but yet we could still hear each other easily and were able to carry on a lively conversation. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening w FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Staring with the calamari and ending with the dessert trio with delicious entrees In between. The girls got then sea bass special highlighted by tempura asparagus and it did not disappoint. The guys had the filet and love it too finished with a red wine butter sauce. Thanks for a great evening Jasper's.Special Features:
- CHEFY showed upKathleenDined on 8/28/2014Have always wanted to dine here. After we valeted the car, Kent Rathbun pulled in. I took it as a sign. Our server Viviana took great care of us and asked us if we were celebrating anything. Had some great suggestions for food and drink for our first time here. We completely enjoyed our food and we can't wait to go back again. Everything was just stupendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jasper's is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Jasper's is amazing in every area. Every appetizer, entree, salad and soup, and dessert is scrumptious! The martinis are a favorite of mine! Wine iist is Devine and service is friendly and totally 5 star.Special Features:
- Great DiningfoodyDined on 8/26/2014We went there for dinner to unwind after a hard day. Vibrant bar scene with very good food and excellent service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!katyVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsSebastianDined on 8/21/2014Taken many friends and business partners here, on every day of the week. A great experience every visit. Jalapeño corn and Mac-n-cheese great sides with the different steaks and salmon ordered at out table. Won't hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysTroyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding food. Server was a little too forward (tried too hard to connect emotionally), but service was very good. A trusted spot for a great business dinner.Special Features:
- Dependable Business SpotMangoDined on 8/18/2014Nice central north Dallas location for business meals. Pork Tenderloin was particularly good served over corn with barbecue sauce. Wine selection was good - even for my execs from California. I agree - Maytag Blue potato chips always seem a little soggy and cool off to quickly for my taste. But overall, always a great dining choice for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuickBuickDined on 8/18/2014Great food but unusually SLOW service. We went back for Lunch the next day and it was much better.Special Features:
- Brunch was coldfricogalVIPDined on 8/17/2014Very disappointed considering I've been here before.... maytag blue chips were soooo soggy. the ribs were tough and cold when served. the fried chicken was also tough and dry. I'm not sure what's going on with this place but, I'm never coming back. YUCK!!!! there are better places nearby for the $ you have to spend.
- Good but....PlanoBobVIPDined on 8/16/2014Was not as intimate as I would have preferred. Much bigger restaurant. Entrees are huge. Share. Also, flatbread on menu isn't really flatbread. It's a pizza. Little disappointing but still good. Very vibrant and energetic place. We enjoyed and had great time. Would go back but maybe not right away.Special Features:
- OldebeauoldebeauDined on 8/13/2014Never saw so many smiles and happy personalities. It was great from the time we arrived to the time we left. We all had something different from the menu and all selections were excellent. Our server Brandi was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid every time!TButlerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Jasper's is my favorite fine dining restaurant around. Everything about the dinner was perfect. The wait staff gives you the appropriate amount of service - keeping you satisfied without smothering you. The food is always great. I had prime rib and cauliflower. Our waiter recommended the perfect wine pairing for the prime rib... and it wasn't on the "higher end" of the wine price list, it was the correct wine instead if the expensive wine. I'll keep returning!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!Tig1Dined on 8/12/2014Great food and service in the heart of The Shops at Legacy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu variety; overpriced wineMudkittenmamaDined on 8/9/2014Our appetizers and entrees were spot on. I prefer less sauce on the branzini, but it was pan seared perfectly. The service was pleasant and efficient. Disappointed in the wine menu- bottle markup is expected- but not at 400%. A $15 Sauvignon Blanc was $60- same think for a Pinot noir. How frustrating. That said, our waiter did offer to knock down the price a bit upon inquiry. The gesture was appreciated! Overall much better than average and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyeaterLuv2eatDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great. Their food is so fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK; service terribleNotimpressedDined on 8/7/2014Food was OK but service was slow and unprofessional. Two us of got salads with proteins. The salads were served without the proteins so we sent them back to get the protein and they came out with the wrong protein on the wrong salad. Then, when my 3 friends finished sooner than me the waitress and busboys started pulling everything off the table, even while I was still eating. It was late-- about 9:15pm and there was no one waiting for the table. It was rude and unprofessional-- the staff seemed to be rushing me even though all of us were still enjoying our wine and we in fact stayed to order dessert. I would not choose to go back to Jaspers and I will not recommend it to anyone. For the prices charged I would expect much better service.
- Consistently greatNeveradoubtDined on 8/6/2014Have been going to Jasper's ever since it opened. It has never fallen short. Great food, great service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Shrimp and Grits Fantastic!Top10VIPDined on 8/5/2014Loved revisiting this old favorite once again, and discovered the dish retained all of the exceptional flavors which made it one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDined on 8/2/2014Great food and wonderful service. A great place to celebrate a special occasion. The ribs were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedtexasgirlDined on 8/2/2014A recent visit to this hotspot was disappointing. The restaurant was extremely noisy and the food was overly salted. The interior was beautiful and waitress was prompt, but those are the best parts of the visit. Additionally the wine list is extremely overpriced. We didn't send our food back simply because we didn't think doing so would change anything.Special Features:
- Great prime ribV663026Dined on 8/2/2014I loved the food and service. I will be back. Great place for people watching. Lots of hot ladies. It's in a well to do place. Lots of people in the shops of legacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jasper's has it all!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The menu did not disappoint! I prefer this restaurant over Abicus! If you are looking for a romantic hotspot & enjoy imaginative cuisine this is definatly the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - GoodBenihanoDined on 7/30/2014I was very happy with Jasper's. We had our closest friends in from Houston who are foodies and go global too, and we all had a great meal. My calamari appetizer was the finest I've had in 25 years. It was that hot, fresh, unique, and perfect. I had a tuna combination that was an appetizer for my entree and it was intriguing. I tend to eat light food so there wasn't a lot I could choose from but what I did have was delicious. I am psyched to make this a regular spot. We just moved here and need a new hang-out.Special Features:
- Shrimp and Grits Fantastic!Top10VIPDined on 7/28/2014Try the shrimp and grits-the grits almost taste as though they have cheese in them, but instead, it is a lemon grass herbal concoction that gives it a cheese flavor with no cheese-gotta try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for lunchScotticusDined on 7/28/2014Enjoyed our lunch at Jaspers. Service staff was seasoned and nice. Restaurant floor coverings seemed a bit dated. Overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Upscale BrunchBrunchDined on 7/27/2014Nice soft music provided by 3 piece band on SundaySpecial Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I really enjoyed my dinner here! Will definitely return here again in the future. The staff, food and the service here was phenomenal! Thank you all for making my birthday dinner special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always right onSHARIBKINGDined on 7/25/2014The food-service-atmosphere-people watching always great, never a bad meal or time. love that place Shari B KingSpecial Features:
- Great place for dinner!Live4GoodDined on 7/24/2014Great food and attentive service. Great place for dinner with friendsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious to the eye and stomachWorst2eatDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed this gem and wish there was one back in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014The food was great. The presentation was eye-pleasing. Service was good. We asked to be seated in an area that was not noisy and they did so. A place to revisit and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 7/22/2014The service was outstanding and the food was great. The server was very good and did not interrupt until it was appropriate to discuss offerings and also to provide additional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWildblueyonderDined on 7/21/2014Jasper's is a great spot for bring out-of-town guests or for special occasions. The food was excellent. Service was somewhat frantic though. Noise and energy levels are high so don't come here for an intimate conversation! But do come here for good food amidst a beautiful setting. The only real negative is the menu. I ordered a steak. Anything else I wanted, like baked potato, bread or vegetables was an add-on extra. Jasper's apparently has taken its cue from the airlines who nickel-and-dime you with charges for extra legroom, carry-on luggage, printed tickets and the like. It seemed sort of cheap, especially considering the price one pays for the main course. Nevertheless, it's still my favorite restaurant in Plano.Special Features:
- gourmet backyard cuisine, I agreeTexanfromCADined on 7/19/2014Celebrated our anniversary while eating here for the first time. Good cocktails in the lively bar before being seated. Our waiter then chose the perfect wine by the glass for us, since there are many choices not on the menu. We had the specialty appetizer, maytag blue cheese potato chips. and mixed greens to share before dinner. My husband had prime rib and I had crab cakes, along with my husband's loaded yukon gold baked potato, for dinner. That potato was the best potato I have ever had at a restaurant. It was a delicious meal, somewhat pricey, but worth it. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjschurrDined on 7/19/2014dinner was great and service spectacular! wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Jasper's gets everything right!EatGoodFoodDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have been going to Jasper's for special occasions for the past 6 years. There is not another place that compares, in my opinion. The right amount of everything. Perfectly located in the bustling and beautiful Shops at Legacy (right near the fountain). The food is always amazing and prepared with the utmost care (must-haves are the Maytag blue cheese chips, filet, and the cherry limeade dessert). The ambiance is both romantic and swanky, making it perfect for either a special date or a birthday party! All of that wrapped up with impeccable service, you cannot go wrong here. Love it. Go there. You're welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and Scallops Great!Top10VIPDined on 7/18/2014Try the shrimp and scallops on the dinner menu. It comes with a black rice, and a sauce which is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.