Jasper's - Plano
7161 Bishop Rd. Suite G-1
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jasper's - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kentrathbun.com/
- Phone: (469) 229-9111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Kent Rathbun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Iron Chef America Winner Kent Rathbun's award winning cuisine at your home or other venue! Let Kent Rathbun Catering cook up the goods at your next event.
- Special Events: Join us Valentines day and the day after for a set 3-course menu. The cost is $55 dollars per person from 5pm to 630pm, and $75 from 7pm-11pm.
A word from Jasper's - Plano
Jasper's is a comfortably upscale restaurant, which features a menu focused on the best of America's regional cuisine, including rotisserie chicken, fish, steaks, salads, and pizza. "Jasper's serves the type of food you'd get at my house if I were cooking" says Executive Chef Kent Rathbun. "We want this to be a place where diners can visit whether they're looking for an inexpensive light meal or a higher-end dining experience-we've got it all". The casual design with a "modern outdoors" theme makes Jasper's the perfect place for any occasion. Chef Rathbun is a nationally recognized chef, who defeated Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America. He has also appeared on The Early Show, The Today Show, The Rosie O'Donnell Show and Ready, Set, Cook to name a few. Chef Rathbun has Abacus Restaurant in Dallas and Jasper's in Austin and The Woodlands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jasper's - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Jasper's - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (85)good for groups (81)hot spot (74)notable wine list (69)romantic (69)vibrant bar scene (56)great for lunch (54)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (37)late-night find (17)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- I love this restaurant. It never fails.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014Our go-to place for fun and special occasions. The staff is attentive , from bus folks to manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oscaraDined on 11/10/2014Food was great and portions were huge. Wine list is broad. Service is meh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewFoodDined on 11/9/2014Great food again. The filet was cooked perfectly. The sides are great for sharing. The old fashion with the ice ball is authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This is very good restaurant for any kind of event. My girlfriend and I had a such a good time. Their hospitality is beyond the standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a very nice dining experienceElliottDined on 11/8/2014The service was terrific and the food was very good. Twice people came by to make sure things were good. Outdoor heaters were available for a nice brisk evening after a post dinner walk around the park. Great Place. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Cool placeVictorDined on 11/8/2014My daughter wanted a dinner at a classy restaurant for her birthday and the staff at Jasper's gave us a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JchrisjchrisDined on 11/7/2014Excellent dinner -- Great service -- very accommodating -- good value!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Rotisarre prime rib was tough and not tender, very hard to cut. Crispy Brussels sprouts were not crispy, they were not cooked enough, very tough to chew. Food was delayed as the restaurant wasn't prepared for the crowd. 20-30 minute delay because of prime rib. Filet was fantastic. For the price paid, overall experience was not impressive.
- MereVIPDined on 11/5/2014Service and food are always excellent!! It's a great place for lunch, dinner or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodRTreviewDined on 11/4/2014This was a business meeting dinner - everyone enjoyed the wine & food. I had a couple last minute changes on our reservations and they we re accomodating - we appreciate that (we had to move the time from 6 to 6:15pm and we had to reduce the number of people from 7 to 6)Special Features:
- Great food, but bad table locationRyliDined on 11/1/2014We always love coming to Jaspers for a quiet date night. Not impressed with where they sat us. We don't mind the back room, but they sat us at a table right next the service center for chairs, wine glasses/silverware. Too much activity and noise, and felt like we were in the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMacandCheeseDined on 10/29/2014Have been coming to Jasper's for years-celebrated birthdays and holidays with a group of friends. This is the first time we were disappointed- first in the service(we had to corral a waiter to take our drink order- he wasn't even our server), and then our server, kept bugging us to order our lunch, while we were still enjoying the potato chip appetizer- which we had ordered from the other server. Then also had to ask for another glass of wine- again, not from our server.Special Features:
- Always the same... Fantastic!MG007Dined on 10/28/2014Another great evening! So nice to see Dennis Egert back at the helm. Congratulations on all your success since you've been gone. Don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed4644Dined on 10/26/2014I never hesitate to take guests to Jasper's knowing the food will be exceptional. The waiter, Michael, appeared with a smile and was able to answer all their questions and offer wonderful suggestions. He was attentive to all needs during the meal. The food is the best in the area. I had the ribs, scrumptious, fall off the bone, sweet and a bit spicy. Another guest had the pork tenderloin with their specialty corn. ("Best pork ever as well as corn") Another guest whose diet is restricted, had the turkey burger and loved it. It doesn't matter what you order, you will not only be delighted but surprised by the special treatment of the dish by the chef. Brilliance in the kitchen.Special Features:
- The best!AllenresidentDined on 10/26/2014Jasper's never lets me down! The Maytag Blue Cheese chips and a glass of Jordan Chardonnay are my favorite "go to". This last visit we had the brunch for the first time and it did not disappoint. Definitely one of my favorite local restuarants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicejwminallenDined on 10/25/2014The best part about our meal was the wonderful waiter. He made us feel special throughout the meal and really took the time to create an experience for my wife and I for our anniversary. The food was delicious and we enjoyed our view at the window. The loud music didn't seem to go with the personality of the restaurant - I was expecting there to be a downstairs bar or rave from the loud techno music that played most of the evening. Besides the music, a great special occasion dinner spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceDowntonFanDined on 10/25/2014My first visit to Jasper's (for my sister's birthday) was amazing. Cool, trendy ambiance. Excellent service from the valet to the server. I highly recommend the Maytag potato chips. I ordered the beef tenderloin filet. Cooked to perfection and melt-in-your-mouth tender. We sampled sides of smoked gouda mac & cheese, jalapeño-charred corn, and crispy Brussels sprouts (the latter being my favorite). Very nice wine list with plenty of choices for every taste and budget. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a FriendKSingletonDined on 10/22/2014Had dinner with an old friend here. I knew the food would be great as well as the service. Was a little noisy at times but overall an enjoyable experience. The blue cheese potato chips are wonderful and the pumpkin cheese cake was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate at Jasper's Wednesday nightJaybirdDined on 10/22/2014I ordered the prime rib. The rib was definately "prime" however, the au jus was very salty. I ran a restaurant in the past and we served great prime rib and, in my opinion, the au jus should have been less salty with a more pronounced beef and maybe a more pepper taste. It just tasted salty and did not do the rib justice. The wine was fabulous and the waiter knew what great customer service means! My husband had the ribs and was well pleased. The next time we are in Plano, we would come again . . . especially for the calamari, which was fabulous! Thanks.Special Features:
- HOCOhooper25Dined on 10/18/2014I attended Jaspers in Plano, Texas for Homecoming night and it was excellent! The service was outstanding and also the food was very different. I recommen it for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT a romantic restaurantlovefoodiesDined on 10/18/2014Went for a birthday dinner on a Saturday evening. It was very loud. The service wasn't the greatest, the food was okay; nothing to brag about. It's not a place I would say I'm dying to return anytime soon. There are DEFINITELY other restaurants to before returning to Jasper's. The table was wobbly. We had to ask the waiter to fix it. A restaurant like Jasper's should NOT have issues like that. Overall experience…meh. As a foodie, it's important to talk to other patrons just to make sure I wasn't too picky. Let's just say, there are many that shares the same opinion about Jasper's. It's mediocre nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Don't have time for a long review.... the food and service was excellent...the host kept an eye on everything and everyone around us seemed pleased also. Will return next time we're in the area.Special Features:
- I was super impresseddba510VIPDined on 10/15/2014From the moment of arriving to free valet service I knew we were in for a treat. Some in our party arrived early and loved the bar and it's surroundings. When seated at our reserved time the most excellent service began. The remarks I had entered in my reservation for the occasion were acknowledged right away. The food was the best. Wine list had just want we wanted. Never was a glass empty. The halibut special was excellent per dad. The award winning "Top 3" ribs in the country were perfect per mom (even had warm wet napkin to wipe fingers). Wife and I had the best cut of prime rib ever. Ever! Did I say best prime rib ever? Yes, ever! This is now my favorite restaurant in The Shops at Legacy.Special Features:
- Lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 10/15/2014The food was great and the service by Mike our server was superb. This is one of my favorite places for lunch because I can always count on the staff to make everything perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Jasper's never disappoints!! We had friends in town and it was the first time they had had it. Obviously, they loved it as much as we do!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesbhs59Dined on 10/11/2014Restaurant is one of the best in Dallas - reasonably priced for a high-end establishment. Well layed out; lighting is exceptional at each table so you can actually read the menu and see your food. Just an overall wonderful experience - we will be back; in fact, we are going to eventually become regulars !! Oh yea - the cucumber martini was awesome - i wish i could have ordered 4 or 5 more !!Special Features:
- Not good for brunchfoodgodVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had 3 guest. The Prime Rib hash was not too bad, but from this place I expected a much better flavor profile. The turkey burger was not good at all and the final guest had just a regular breakfast. The potatoes were undercooked and drenched in rosemary. Overall it just didn't deliver based on the hype.
- Not up to its usual standardsRm360VIPDined on 10/10/2014Service was poor [I think the kitchen forgot our order], Food really didn't taste well [could be because it came out so late], and we had to constantly search for our waiter to get drinks served. Not sure if I would be going again for a little while.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Have been going to Jasper's for years and it never dissapoints. Great food and fantastic service.Special Features:
- Its been known for betterGreatoverandoverDined on 10/8/2014I really don't like having to write this review, but I know Jaspers management is monitoring this and maybe it will catch their eye. I have been to jaspers for over 10 years. I actually love the place. on Wed Oct 8th,2014 the dinner just wasn't up to par. I was too embarrassed (as I will business associates) to complain. The strip was served cold and the reduced sauce w mushrooms was even colder. As if had been cooked 5 hours before. So - what your meal....my meal cost 500plus dollars and was only worth saltgrass quality and pricing. My waitress was great BTWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationWellnessTravelDined on 10/8/2014Celebrated a birthday and server was notified, however, nothing was offered so why even bother to ask on the comment card, "when is your birthday" if the restaurant is not going to honor with something special?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2014The filet and seared Tuna combo was delicious. My friends had the prime rib and really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- MarebearDined on 10/5/2014Frank was our server and he did a superb job! The food was excellent and we loved sitting on the patio on a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor ambianceGLHEDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I were looking for a nice upscale romantic place where we could dine outside. Noise level inside was high since they were very busy on a Friday. Outside was nice, but a little chilly and their nice looking tower type patio heaters were not working. Prices are high, so be prepared. The staff was very accommodating regarding my wife and I splitting an entree.Special Features:
- Live jazz makes brunch very specialLuckydinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014I live near downtown Dallas and only go to Plano at lunch when I have something to do in the area. I've enjoyed lunch at Jasper's quite often but had never been there for brunch. What a delightful surprise! A jazz group made the meal more memorable. And the food was terrific. I had an omelet with the most sensational crispy nuggets of potatoes. I try to not eat too many starches - forget it, nothing was left on my plate. I'm looking forward to another brunch - very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for twojasontiffanyDined on 9/26/2014great menu, service, setting, and desert. the staff is always educated and willing to please. we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic---No WayTexaskeith65Dined on 9/25/2014So the food and service is great! Had the filet, oh so tender and flavorful. The wine list was very good. Pricing was as expected for a high end steak house. The ambiance is misleading in that appearance wise it looks like it could be pretty romantic. However the music was so loud I could barely carry a good conversation with the beautiful woman across the table from me. It was our second date and very important to be able to hear what she had to say. I always pay attention but really had to struggle to hear what she said. I would not recommend going there if you are planning on having an intimate dinner for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bill57kathyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Restaurant service was excellent and the food was great, as always. Server was attentive and took care of all out needs. This is one of my regular restaurants for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 9/20/2014So glad Chris Gangi is part of your team! He is the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRudyDined on 9/20/2014Everything was delicious. Plenty of food and great wine selection.Special Features: