Jasper's Corner Tap and Kitchen
401 Taylor St
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jasper's Corner Tap and Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jasperscornertap.com/
- Phone: (415) 775-7979
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 10am-2p
Breakfast Monday - Friday 630a-10am
Breakfast Saturday & Sunday 630a-10am
Lunch Monday - Friday 11a-2pm
All Day Menu Sunday - Saturday 2pm-5pm
Dinner Sunday - Saturday 5p-11p
Late Night Menu Sunday - Saturday 11pm-1am
***Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4p-7p***
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact:
- Special Events: *** Happy Hour Monday - Thursday 4p-7p ****
$4 beer / $4 wine / $5 cocktails / $5 small bites
- Cross Street: O'Farrell
- Public Transit: Powell Street station servicing the J, K, L, M, N, T lines and BART is four blocks away.
Located directly on the 38-Geary and 27-Bryant lines.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Self parking at 415 Taylor is available for a special flat $12 fee for up to three hours of parking with validation. Private lot and street parking are also available nearby.
A word from Jasper's Corner Tap and Kitchen
Inspired by one of San Francisco's first surveyors, legendary Jasper O'Farrell - Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen pays homage to the history and culture of the social city Jasper O'Farrell envisioned. Having been instrumental in shaping the city's landscape, most notably with the diagonal creation of Market Street and influencing the names of key streets, Jasper O'Farrell helped create a social and commercial city. Jasper O'Farrell was known to have gathered in local watering holes, and enjoyed spending time socializing with his peers and neighbors in the local bars and restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jasper's Corner Tap and Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (25)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Weekend in San FranOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The food was outstanding as well as the service! The drinks were a little overpriced, I don't enjoy paying more for my alcohol than the meal itself! But I loved the atmosphere, cute little place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!LaverneDined on 11/15/2014We really liked this place and will be back. The Poutine (fries, brown gravy and cheese curds) was so yummy! We also had the fish and chips and the pasta dish with chicken. They were both very good. The creme brulee was outstanding! Our server was great. I wished I got her name, she was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great pretzels! We enjoyed all the food, although it is not what I would consider "gourmet" food. It was just really fun, good pub food. Drinks were good. Staff was excellent.Special Features:
- Lower than expectationsglobalgalVIPDined on 11/6/2014Jasper's location is good for theatre and near enough to BART and Union Square, but 2 if 3 salads and ribs didn't match quality in our memories of former visits. Delays in the kitchen were also too long for anyone on a lunch break. The management apologized for the unexplained delay and offered a 20% discount. The discount was appreciated, but didn't compensate for the disappointing food when we had a guest from the East Coast.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2014Short staffed and food was not outstanding. It is a better place for just a beer and a burger.
- Great Staff!JaspersRocksDined on 10/29/2014We went to watch the last game of the World Series. Jasper's was packed, but the bar and wait staff couldn't have been more attentive. Our waitress had a great attitude the whole night, and from my spot, I could see the whole restaurant team constantly scanning to see if anything needed to be done or if anyone needed anything. The cocktails were great and the food was too We ordered a hodge-podge of items from deviled eggs to steak and fries, and were happy with everythingSpecial Features:
- Happy Hour Burger Special=GreatSteveHDined on 10/27/2014Stopped in as it was convenient, near the hotel. They advertise the burger + beer special for $16--it was absolutely delicious. Not the largest burger you'll find, but the special toppings were full of flavor. Service was OK (had to remind them I needed flatware, somewhat slow service), but I'd overlook that for the atmosphere and food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than Wayfare Tavern!!BostongirlVIPDined on 10/25/2014Went here just because it was near our hotel, what a pleasant surprise! The roasted chicken breast was as good as I've had anywhere and my H loved his burger. We had eaten at Tyler Florence's Wayfare Tavern earlier in the trip and the food and service were a 100 times better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad service.LoveOpenTable99Dined on 10/19/2014The food here was delicious, but the service was terrible. They had one large party in the back, and that kept them from providing any service to others. Mind you, the restaurant was by no means busy. It took 15 mins to even acknowledge we had walked in the building. Once they finally seated us, it took 30 minutes to take our order. Upon taking the order, they seemed annoyed when we tried to clarify how we wanted our eggs cooked (which the menu makes clear they are prepared however you'd like them). We ordered a beer, and didn't receive it. We ordered an iced tea, and didn't receive it. We ordered a coffee, and had to ask for it three more times before it was delivered. The food that was delivered was incorrect. Good food. Poor service.Special Features:
- Nice people - Cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Our Server was pleasant, however the food was served cold. The appetizer was served after our entrees.Special Features:
- ken1VIPDined on 10/14/2014Did not have open table reservation even though we showed it to them. Service was very very slowI would recommend this to a friend.
- A night at Jasper'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014We went to Jasper's because we were going to the theater and it was on the way. We were pleasantly surprised by the cocktails, the food and especially the service. Our server Jashley was very engaging and gave us great service. We will definitely return when we go to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable serviceEhmmDined on 10/3/2014This is my third time at Jasper's and I feel I would like to add my 2 cents to the pile of reviews mainly because of a couple of points. The service can be iffy, however, Anthony was GREAT and worth mentioning. He was very attentive, even though we was asked to do double duty as their hostess called in for the night. He also provided very helpful reviews on the food which was spot-on. My only other comments on the restaurant itself would be that they have changed their menu and I miss some of the old favorites - I would hope they bring them back. And the wine list is quite sadly lacking. If you are not a beer fan - and I am not - there is not much to go there for in the wine selection. Lastly - the neighborhood is quite scary! Beware!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Some food items were not available, wine very expensive, and the dessert we ordered was substituted without explanation.
- Mimi53Dined on 9/28/2014Our server Jessie was awsome! 'Just the right combination of attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back for the CRISPY PIGGY. Ymmm!!Special Features:
- foodiediDined on 9/24/2014The only negative is the drinks were way too expensive. Our waitress Amy was the best and we yelped her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014bar was buzzing as we made our way through to be seated for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHN dinner and showGoodyDined on 9/13/2014This was on the SHN list of places to go for dinner. They offered a free appetizer with my ticket stub. It turned out that they only offer two options, neither of them was exciting. The service was slow and the food not very good. $200 for four people and we left hungry.
- burp and yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Fresh ingredients, thoughtful menu and tasty results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Good food especially if you are staying at Hotel Serrano. Room service comes from here. Great menu.Special Features:
- Unexpected surpriseSinglereedVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant, in the location of Ponzu, is an informal pub. The food was OK. Decor somewhat over the hill....not "clean" looking. I was particularly impressed by an energetic and excellent wait person. I was shocked and irritated by my drink order. I ordered a premium scotch, Lagavulin. $17 which was not the problem. I asked for one cube of ice in the drink. Whne I got my check, there was a $1 charge because, supposedly, one cube meant extra quantity of Scotch. Whaaaaat???? Ridiculous.
- Working BreakfastUNFSocProfVIPDined on 8/18/2014Some colleagues and I selected Jasper's for a working breakfast while at a conference. While this is not a hot, farm-to-table restaurant, it served our needs perfectly. Service was prompt and attentive (but not obtrusive). Two of us enjoyed the chilaquiles and the other had oatmeal brulee. Both were quite tasty. I would return to this restaurant on a similar occasion.Special Features:
- Great FindRestaurantgirlDined on 8/16/2014We went to a show at Orpheum and wanted a place within walking distance that had good food. Jasper's met that goal for sure. Food was great. Service great. booth fantastic. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff!MartinDined on 8/11/2014Great goof --- great staff who recovered a receipt I forgot!Special Features:
- Great concept, great serviceCathbethDined on 8/2/2014Super cool and fun with a great beer and drink menu. Server was totally attentive and quick. Food was good but lacked unique flavor. Would definitely return but would try other places first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch service was terriblesf2013Dined on 8/2/2014I have been to Jasper's for dinner a few times within the past year and have always enjoyed the experience. However, I went this past Saturday for brunch and it was honestly one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had in SF. The waiter seemed confused from the beginning. It took forever for our food to come (we probably waited around 30-40 minutes) and the waiter didn't even acknowledge or apologize for his/the kitchen's error. I've had better customer service at fast food restaurants. On top of that, the food was mediocre. Like I said, I've been here for dinner before and have always enjoyed it, but I wouldn't advise coming here for brunch.
- The following 494 reviews are from the Jasper's Corner Tap and Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We were visiting SF and the bartender at our hotel recommend this place and we never would have found without and so glad we listened. The food was great, the atmosphere was fun and we just had a great meal.Special Features:
- Busy Bustling BarrritaDined on 7/16/2014Stopped in for a quick lunch- service was lacking as there was only one server for the whole place- but it was good food- not excellent but good. I had the tomato soup which was wonderful- the hot pretzel which was lacking. My friends each had a salad which looked good but again not excellent. Good place to catch a quick lunch.
- Unwelcoming, poor food quality, etcShowgirlDined on 7/13/2014No one greeted any of the potential customers standing around in the entry wondering what to do. Dining area was haphazard, service was severely lacking except for Megan. I won't be back.
- 1st time in the CityFromOHDined on 7/12/2014Good food and service!! Too loud to be romantic or family friendly. Would return for a quick meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We went to Jasper's before heading to the Curran Theater for a play. The food was pub-centric, but delicious. We had the soft pretzel to start, mom had the cheeseburger with bacon, grandma had the fish and chips, and I had the Derby Cobb Salad, which was very good! The cocktails were great, I had 2 Ramona's- and any place with a champagne cocktail is a winner in my book. The ambiance was comfortable, because you could be dressed up (like we were) or just in your normal street wear, and nobody sticks out like a sore thumb. Although it took a bit longer than we'd have liked for our food to come out, overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jasper's is one our new favorites!NapadinerDined on 7/8/2014Heard about Jasper's on the SHN site when we were going to a show at the Curran Theatre. What a fin! Great service and recommendations from our server Jason. Great atmosphere...great vibe. Had the Deviled Egg Trio for appetizer, main courses of the shorts ribs, piggy fingers and Brussels sprout... All were amazing. Jasper's has a high end bar and cocktail menu also. We give Jasper's a 10 out of 10 and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leaves something to be desiredfood4thoughtDined on 7/5/2014Despite having a reservation, my husband and I had to wait 15 minutes before being seated. There were many empty tables so I am not sure of the reason for the delay. We ordered warm olives as an appetizer with our martinis but they arrived with the rest of the meal! We immediately asked them to be packaged to go. We were seated next to a long hallway which evidently led to the kitchen, as all of the food was served from this area. It was drafty; a curtain across the entrance to the dining room would help. Food was only ok; steak frite was served poutine style in a VERY sweet reduction making the frite soggy and not appetizing. My husband seemed to enjoy his meal (but I can't remember what he ordered). Needs some polish!Special Features:
- Great place to go before a showRabunzlDined on 7/5/2014I've been here twice now prior to seeing a show at the Curran. Its really close. Friendly staff, good food, great drinks. They've always have been able to get out order in a timely manner to give us plenty of time to make it to our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModernchesapeakeVADined on 7/4/2014The food was terrific a lot of Gluten Free options. The vibe in the rest. is very modern. Nice bar in the front with lots of seating for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatdineoutalotDined on 6/30/2014We're from out of town so we made a reservation as a precaution. Didn't need it because the place was only half full. We were still seated at a lousy table between a pole and another couple. Our waiter was hopelessly inattentive and the food, while fine, was nothing remarkable. even if I lived here, I wouldn't go back.
- Great stop after a show!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We had a good time at this place. Our food was good. The spicy chickpeas are great with the IPA. I had the braised short rib and my friend had a the j-burger. I would order the short rib menu item again. The only issue that needs improving is our waitress was pretty much missing the entire meal. We waited about 10 minutes before she came for a drink order. Then another 20 for our food order. The spicy chickpeas definitely called for another round of drinks...that I had to walk to the bar to order. I would visit again, even though the service was pretty slow.Special Features:
- CPAFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014Nice place to go before seeing a play at the Curran, ACT, or Golden Gate Theaters. Simple food that is prepared well. It's appreciated they have smaller portions for many entres
- Great foodMAPDDined on 6/25/2014Very interesting menu and great food. Only negative was that no one greets you at the door for lunch and let's you know there is a dining room in addition to the bar which is where you enter. We sat ourselves in the bar until we happened on the back room which was actually the restaurant!Special Features:
- diner99VIPDined on 6/20/2014Went for pre-theatre dinner. Food was acceptable and reasonably priced. Service was not particularly knowledgeable and very haphazard. Beware of the four hours of free parking offer. Dinner and the show take 5 hours and the garage basically charges you the $12-$15 dollar special event rate for the one extra hour. The poor kids running the garage haven't a clue how the comuterized system works and everbody just gives up on the various rationales offered and pays the money.