Jasper's - Austin
11506 Century Oaks Terrace
Austin, TX 78758Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jasper's - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kentrathbun.com/
- Phone: 5128344111
- Hours of Operation:
Mon. - Thurs.: 5:00pm - 10:00pm | Bar Opens 4:00 pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm | Bar Opens 4:00pm
Sat.: Lunch:12:00pm - 4:30pm | Dinner: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kent Rathbun
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Looking for a space to hold your next business or social event? We have two private rooms available for large or small events. Please call Laura Niederhofer for more information at (512) 832-8012.
- Special Events: If you are interested in our monthly wine maker dinners, culinary tours and other special events, please go to www.kentrathbun.com and sign up to get our email newsletters.
A word from Jasper's - Austin
Jasper’s, located in Austin's premier shopping area, The Domain, is the concept of "Iron Chef America" winner Kent Rathbun, promises to deliver a unique array of tantalizing dishes and open your eyes to the world of “gourmet backyard cuisine.” Rathbun, a four-time James Beard Award nominee, wanted the Jasper’s menu to reflect a “home cooking” style with the best of America’s regional cuisine, including exceptional selections of rotisserie chicken, fish, prime steaks, salads and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jasper's - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (24)notable wine list (22)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- GigiDined on 8/27/2014We have been here several times and we have never been disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was extremely salty! We ordered onion rings, Brussel sprouts, and Cesar Salad, all of which were so salty we could not eat them.
- Date nightDtaylorDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had our first date night in a while and Jasper's was the perfect spot. The food was great, the wine list extensive although we were a bit surprised that a place in Austin, Texas does not serve one Texas wine. I really think that would make the place seem more authentic. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our dinner and will return. Hopefully, they will start carrying Texas wines.Special Features:
- Special Occasion...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I would have rated this restaurant higher if we had happened upon a different server. I expect competence in my server: I do not want a "buddy". However, on the positive side, I made my reservations online and mentioned it was for my 45th wedding anniversary. Jasper's went to the trouble of printing the menu with a special heading: Happy 45th... Give it a try. Hopefully you will not get the same server as I.Special Features:
- Great ServiceDRS512Dined on 8/9/2014Booked a birthday dinner for my wife and a couple of friends. Service was great and they went out of their way for her special occasion, even printing a happy birthday message on the menu...nice touch.Special Features:
- TGL58Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great and service was very good!The Big Daddy was a great choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality placeDojomanrocksDined on 7/23/2014I eat out in the Arboretum area of Austin a lot. Jasper's is indeed a quality place. Well made drinks at the bar- a Titos Cosmo that was made just right. Moved into the dining room with my colleague to a booth for dinner and a business meeting. Actually calm and quiet in there despite being relatively busy. Crab cakes, salad, Brussels sprout side dish ordered. All solid. I've had other dishes at Jasper's too- pork tenderloin for example is superb. Wait staff, Rodney, in particular took care of us. Well he had to because when I got up to go to the men's room, leaving my not quite finished drink on the table, the wait staff removed it. Mentioned this to Rodney, and he brought a fresh drink. All in all- Jasper's has it going.Special Features:
- Awesome!Putt4doughDined on 7/19/2014Baby back ribs best we ever had! Love the menu variety! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceKajaDined on 7/12/2014Just the place for a quiet dinner with my husband. Asked for a booth by the window when making reservations and got it! Excellent food.Special Features:
- YummmmSteveshauntedyardDined on 7/12/2014Food was amazing and it was warm and inviting. Drinks were will made and the shrimp wrapped prosciutto was so wonderful. We also tried the breads and loved them all. Waiter was very polite and helpful and provided great service. Manager even check on us during dinner to ask if everything was good. I had made reservations online and left a note it was our anniversary and they came to our table and wished us a happy anniversary which was nice and made my wife smile.Special Features:
- Excellent!YUMMYDined on 7/10/2014Jasper's is an awesome place for dinner. Whether it be for a family outing, romantic couples, company group, etc. Jasper's has great, quality food, excellent service, and a wonderful ambience. We were there for my fathers birthday, and were joined by my best friends and her parents, it was her mothers birthday as well. Jasper's went out of their way to make it extra special. Personalized menu's, and personalize deserts. We highly recommend this dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal at a mall?ROBOTMEISTERVIPDined on 6/28/2014Yes! Jaspers is easily the best restaurant at the upscale outdoor mall - The Domain. The menu is eclectic and much larger on entrees then other restaurants there. Appetizers and sides are plentiful and delicious, too. (You MUST try the incredible bleu cheese potato chips!) The Rathbun brothers have managed to offer their great food at Abacus at reasonable prices. Our server - Albert, was a pro, very knowledgeable. He suggested 2 wine samples that were not on the wine list and the white wine was a winner and not expensive. He knows how to sell!Special Features:
- Wonderfulboileree72VIPDined on 6/21/2014The new entrees are great, I tried the scallops and shrimp with the black rice and curry/coconut sauce. I was little concerned in trying this but our server Rodney said the curry/coconut was not overwhelming and it was not, only a hint of each - very will balanced with the black rice. Perfect. My wife had the flat iron steak, which was also great and Jasper's even tweaked this recipe and made it better. Our server Rodney, made great suggestions, came by to check on us as needed but not too much or too little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantmsdocwynnDined on 6/20/2014Loved that Jasper's took reservations for our party of 8. Food and wine were quite pricey though good.Special Features:
- SuperbFoodislifeDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious from appetizers to desserts and the service delightful. Everything was cooked perfectly and I have already recommended the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib - Need I Say MoreJgdulaDined on 6/14/2014Outstanding Prime Rib. It is smoked for a long time and then placed on the grill. Excellent flavor and tenderness.Special Features:
- ExcellentStephyDined on 6/13/2014Food was excellent, service was wonderful, they even customized the menu for a birthday in our group! Very awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeater!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014Our second visit was not a disappointment. It was even better than the first! Food was something to be remembered and the service was excellent! Jasper's will be a "must" on every visit to Austin!Special Features:
- Picky eaters welcomeunifoodieDined on 6/4/2014My friend has a lot of food allergies and she has to have her food cooked certain ways. She asked for what she wanted, they got it wrong two times, but finally nailed it and it was a great dish. I was impressed on how well they handled the situation and how they did not stop until they got it perfect. For the price per dish this is what I expect, but few restaurants, chefs, waiters are this accommodating.Special Features:
- Not worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This was a disappointing meal. Our server was the highlight, so kudos to the charming bald waiter who was the highlight of our meal. The food was on par with what you'd expect for a mall restaurant, but priced like Eddie V's...go there instead!
- PapaTVIPDined on 5/30/2014Worst meal ever had at Jasper's. Should be renamed to Liquid Smoke by Jasper's. The $55 strip was so fatty I could not eat it. The Mac and Cheese was Ham and cheese sauce. The Creamed Spinach was inedible. $5.00 for a bread basket, REALLY. $3.00 for a Jalapeno! I understand food costs but you all are abusing your customers. Probably why your dining room was empty on a Friday night! Not all was bad, did enjoy the Barlow Cabernet even at $95.00! Our server was a delight and kept trying very hard to make right the wrong of food being delivered to our table TWICE.. Kent would be appalled by whats happening at Jasper's.
- Perfect place for celebrationBeckyBVIPDined on 5/29/2014We have dined at Jasper's many times and always enjoy it. Last week, we selected it as the spot to celebrate the high school graduation of our daughter and nephew. We had a group of 10 and had the opportunity to use one of the private rooms. There was no extra charge for the room, but they do require a minimum expenditure on food and beverages, which is easy to meet with a group that size. The food was excellent, as usual, and our server was knowledgeable and personable. I definitely recommend Jasper's whether you have a group celebration like this one or a simple dinner for two. It is a lovely place and the food is always great.Special Features:
- Great diningdbut55Dined on 5/24/2014We had a great dinner. The food and service were excelent. I recommend Jaspers highly.Special Features:
- Dr. N. G.ItwasEhhhDined on 5/21/2014Honestly, I think I was most disappointed with the meal that I chose during Restaurant Week. The salmon was extremely petite and not worth $37, in my opinion. I should've ordered something different, and the waitress wasn't all that pleasant. I tried to ask her questions, and she would turn her back and walk away as if she didn't hear me. I've frequented Jasper's in the past, and I did enjoy the service and the food; but this time, not so much. I would recommend Jasper's to others in the future; but for restaurant week, I would recommend them to not order the salmon, especially if they were coming with an appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- colleagues happy but expensiveAustinDiner81Dined on 5/21/2014I made a reservation for 9 coworkers and a vendor my team was working with. I reviewed the menus on Jasper's website to ensure the average per-person cost was in my budget. When we were all seated and ordering, we discovered it was restaurant week and could only order from the prefix menu. I was not about to move everyone to another restaurant at that point, so I told everyone it was ok. Now I'm stuck with a bill that was $15 more per person than I was allowed to spend. I'm going to have to hope my manager will approve it, or I'll be paying $150 out of my own pocket to cover. The website menu, open table, nor the hosts warned me about this. The food was great. Service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBudkDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I simply enjoy Jasper's. Good wine, nice comfortable environment where the tables are not too close together and you can have a conversation as the noise level is not bad. Great menu, better service.Special Features:
- Love Jasper'sFoodReviewsByJDined on 5/17/2014Jasper's is a fun place to meet with friends for dinner and drinks. The Vanilla Toast was by the best dessert that I have eaten recently!Special Features:
- Graduation BrunchCypressSueDined on 5/17/2014They did a great job of accommodating us in an area that made it easier for my dad to hear. William, our waiter, was attentive, friendly and timely. The food was great. I was worried we would regret dining somewhere farther from campus, but it ended up being the perfect choice for everyone. So glad we picked this spot to celebrate!Special Features:
- DisappomtingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2014Happy hour was nice ..too bad patio is not open till 5 . Dinner on the outside patio was problematic.the BBQ ribs were a bit dry and had sauce on them- I prefer to apply my own. The shrimp/scallop dish was a rip off -2shrimp/2 scallops for 33 bucks ...come on man! Given the fact you are located in a outdoor mall well the overall experience was average at bestSpecial Features:
- great grubbigptpDined on 5/14/2014Went for date night during austin restaurant week. Food was delicious, service top notch, and it was a good time. I'd definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again.KLreviews4850Dined on 5/14/2014The food was burned.the brusel sprouts were so charred that they looked like charcoal had no taste. The replaced corn was burned too. The waiter visited other customers for conversations and barely came back. The hostess checked on us and we returned the burned sprouts for burned corn.We had to ask the kindly bus boy to get the waiter and the nice hostess brought the check. The waiter did not serve us we'll because we did not order wine. I will not reserve there again because the veggies were burned,the crap cakes were small with a lot of filler, the dessert was frozen and lemon curd is bitter frozen and it was passed off as cherrylimade pie but was a frozen biscuit. Never again.The bus persons were great.Special Features:
- Visited for Austin Restaruant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2014This was our first visit to Jaspers. It was one of the Austin Restaurant Week locations we wanted to try out. The menu they had for this prix fixe evening had some very good choices. We had the trout (only OK) and a smoked pork tenderloin that was GREAT. We almost went with the Babyback ribs as they have been written up several times but took our server's suggestion to go with the tenderloin. It was a very good choice. Desserts were good as well. The wine list is OK but isn't very broad and the prices on the high side. We will be back.
- Special dinner w/special requestsRone150Dined on 5/10/2014I had special requets of the hostess about my party of 6 so I could surprise my husband for his birthday and the staff were wonderful! They even had special menus with happy birthday and his name at the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jasper'sJoanDined on 5/10/2014We had a marvelous time. It was my son's graduation and they greeted us with special menus personalized for the graduate. The meal was fabulous and the service superb. Thanks so much for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Very nice for special occasionsBreaDined on 5/8/2014My graduation dinner was really special thanks to Jasper's in Austin. The waiting staff was professional and completely accommodating to the busy schedule that comes from graduation day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedLonghorncjDined on 5/6/2014I took a customer to Jasper's recently. This customer drinks Pinot Noir, which we asked for a recommendation for, and instead they jammed a Cabernet recommendation down our throat - clearly they were pushing it for a reason. Next the waiter said they were "famous" for their prime rib so we all got it. We all agreed it was the worst, most fatty prime rib we've ever seen. When we asked for the traditional sour cream/horseradish side, they said they didn't have any. How are you famous for prime rib and don't have horseradish? Customer didn't like the cab, and it turns out both the prime rib and the suggested wine were overpriced and we got up sold. I'll NEVER go back.
- The following 737 reviews are from the Jasper's - Austin reviews archive.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We have never had a bad meal at Jasper's. We sat on the patio and could hear the music from the band that was playing in the courtyard at The Domain. Usually the service is fantastic and the wait staff I'd very attentive, but this time our server "Big Al" was a little on the scarce side. We just didn't feel like we got the attention we normally do.Special Features:
- High end dining that deliversAustinAggieVIPDined on 5/3/2014The domain is a great place for this reasturant. Great drinks, great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, poor food...WorldFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We have always loved the great location, dining room and décor of Jasper's. However, food is terribly inconsistent. We keep giving it another chance, but we have decided that this was our definite last. Food wad quite bad, and we hate that such a space is wasted with such food, specially when the restaurant is run by such a talented chef. Something is running bad at Jasper's, and we would love that the staff take action to correct it. Service is great, by the way.
- Delicious but not very vegetarianIamriahDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I went on a mini honeymoon in Austin and did some research to find an upscale vegetarian friendly restaurant with a great wine selection. We got 2 out of 3. The appetizers, sides, and flatbreads were vegetarian friendly but there wasn't a veggie based entree. We ordered a flatbread pizza, blue cheese chips, and a few desserts. The waiter offered to have the chef make a vegetarian entree and said it could be pasta based or Asian oriented, neither seemed to fit the rest of the menu so we stuck to smaller plates. The only aggravation was that despite ordering the plates we did and a bottle of wine, the waiter was condescending and seemed aggravated that we didn't spend more. I'd go back, but with ask for a different waiter.Special Features: