Jasper's - Austin
11506 Century Oaks Terrace
Austin, TX 78758Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jasper's - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kentrathbun.com/
- Phone: (512) 834-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Mon. - Thurs.: 5:00pm - 10:00pm | Bar Opens 4:00 pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm | Bar Opens 4:00pm
Sat.: Lunch:12:00pm - 4:30pm | Dinner: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kent Rathbun
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Looking for a space to hold your next business or social event? We have two private rooms available for large or small events. Please call Laura Niederhofer for more information at (512) 832-8012.
- Special Events: If you are interested in our monthly wine maker dinners, culinary tours and other special events, please go to www.kentrathbun.com and sign up to get our email newsletters.
A word from Jasper's - Austin
Jasper’s, located in Austin's premier shopping area, The Domain, is the concept of "Iron Chef America" winner Kent Rathbun, promises to deliver a unique array of tantalizing dishes and open your eyes to the world of “gourmet backyard cuisine.” Rathbun, a four-time James Beard Award nominee, wanted the Jasper’s menu to reflect a “home cooking” style with the best of America’s regional cuisine, including exceptional selections of rotisserie chicken, fish, prime steaks, salads and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Jasper's - Austin - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Jasper's - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)fit for foodies (21)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (14)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Best in DomainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We live in the Domain and this is by far the best restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceAustinfoodie3204Dined on 11/1/2014The food was great, but service not so much. We arrived were seated and waited, and waited and waited for anyone to approach our table and offer something to drink. I called a waiter and told him we wanted to order some drinks and he told me to wait and ran to the kitchen, it was 25 minutes before we got drinks, not cool. We order appetizers and they removed them from the table before we were done, same thing happened with every plate. I don't know about you but I like to eat my meal and enjoy it, not be hurried to finish. Not coming back, price is good for the food quality, but I like to feel like I'm welcomed and didn't get this here.
- Unique FoodmacherVIPDined on 10/31/2014Interesting twist on flavors of classic foods. Highly recommend Jasper's. I go there each time I am in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Master of the DomainMrandMrsCVIPDined on 10/30/2014Best food by far in the Domain. Ask for Rodney best server in the house.Special Features:
- perfect venue for outside eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent, prices were on par with other similarly excellent places. The domain had a couple of musicians outside on the patio near us but the music wasn't so loud that we couldn't talk easily. All in all a great experience. would definitely do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost GreatTwist55Dined on 10/11/20145 star pricing-4 star experience Only little things kept this evening from being worthy of the final price tag. $5 for bread? Really? The salads, while very tasty, were highly acidic and cried out for a foil of bread to allow one to finish and enjoy. Excellent Lamb shank and crime brûlée. Attentive staff and quiet enough to carry on a conversation. Seems like valet parking might be validated for tickets over $200. Little things.Special Features:
- koolkat5Dined on 9/17/2014Nice atmosphere, beautiful décor, good happy hour menu, did not care for onion rings or brisket burger.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service Impressive FoodHungryInAustinDined on 9/13/2014Having grown up in the food service industry, I can be highly critical of service at restaurants; however, our waiter and his team at Jasper's delivered flawless service that exceeded expectations. The menu is creative, and everything we ordered was delicious. I'm a looking forward to returning on an evening with nicer weather so we can sit outside on the patio. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicePenhallDined on 9/9/2014The food was outstanding but was overshadowed by the excellent service. My wife and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Needs a New LocationJasperNationDined on 9/5/2014I Love Jaspers, but the Domain is no longer the correct place for it - they need to move to Downtown Austin, the new Bowie would be a suggestion.Special Features:
- GigiDined on 8/27/2014We have been here several times and we have never been disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was extremely salty! We ordered onion rings, Brussel sprouts, and Cesar Salad, all of which were so salty we could not eat them.
- Date nightDtaylorDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had our first date night in a while and Jasper's was the perfect spot. The food was great, the wine list extensive although we were a bit surprised that a place in Austin, Texas does not serve one Texas wine. I really think that would make the place seem more authentic. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our dinner and will return. Hopefully, they will start carrying Texas wines.Special Features:
- only FairwinberiesVIPDined on 8/21/2014I was expecting a bit more from this restaurant for the prices. I didnt get what I thought I should get. Our server was nice in the beginning but we had a large group of 8 and the server actually said to me when I asked her about bringing us something and it was taking a while, that they were understaffed because a server had called in and she had to take care of 4 tables. Sorry but you don't tell a customer that. it makes me feel like I'm doing her a favor by eating there. Also we had some appetizers and when they brought the next course they took all the appetizers off the table. we werent finished yet and they didnt ask us if they could take it. the appetizers just disappeared. i asked to have them returned and then got the attitude.Special Features:
- Special Occasion...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I would have rated this restaurant higher if we had happened upon a different server. I expect competence in my server: I do not want a "buddy". However, on the positive side, I made my reservations online and mentioned it was for my 45th wedding anniversary. Jasper's went to the trouble of printing the menu with a special heading: Happy 45th... Give it a try. Hopefully you will not get the same server as I.Special Features:
- Great ServiceDRS512Dined on 8/9/2014Booked a birthday dinner for my wife and a couple of friends. Service was great and they went out of their way for her special occasion, even printing a happy birthday message on the menu...nice touch.Special Features:
- TGL58Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great and service was very good!The Big Daddy was a great choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 768 reviews are from the Jasper's - Austin reviews archive.
- Quality placeDojomanrocksDined on 7/23/2014I eat out in the Arboretum area of Austin a lot. Jasper's is indeed a quality place. Well made drinks at the bar- a Titos Cosmo that was made just right. Moved into the dining room with my colleague to a booth for dinner and a business meeting. Actually calm and quiet in there despite being relatively busy. Crab cakes, salad, Brussels sprout side dish ordered. All solid. I've had other dishes at Jasper's too- pork tenderloin for example is superb. Wait staff, Rodney, in particular took care of us. Well he had to because when I got up to go to the men's room, leaving my not quite finished drink on the table, the wait staff removed it. Mentioned this to Rodney, and he brought a fresh drink. All in all- Jasper's has it going.Special Features:
- Awesome!Putt4doughDined on 7/19/2014Baby back ribs best we ever had! Love the menu variety! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceKajaDined on 7/12/2014Just the place for a quiet dinner with my husband. Asked for a booth by the window when making reservations and got it! Excellent food.Special Features:
- YummmmSteveshauntedyardDined on 7/12/2014Food was amazing and it was warm and inviting. Drinks were will made and the shrimp wrapped prosciutto was so wonderful. We also tried the breads and loved them all. Waiter was very polite and helpful and provided great service. Manager even check on us during dinner to ask if everything was good. I had made reservations online and left a note it was our anniversary and they came to our table and wished us a happy anniversary which was nice and made my wife smile.Special Features:
- Excellent!YUMMYDined on 7/10/2014Jasper's is an awesome place for dinner. Whether it be for a family outing, romantic couples, company group, etc. Jasper's has great, quality food, excellent service, and a wonderful ambience. We were there for my fathers birthday, and were joined by my best friends and her parents, it was her mothers birthday as well. Jasper's went out of their way to make it extra special. Personalized menu's, and personalize deserts. We highly recommend this dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal at a mall?ROBOTMEISTERVIPDined on 6/28/2014Yes! Jaspers is easily the best restaurant at the upscale outdoor mall - The Domain. The menu is eclectic and much larger on entrees then other restaurants there. Appetizers and sides are plentiful and delicious, too. (You MUST try the incredible bleu cheese potato chips!) The Rathbun brothers have managed to offer their great food at Abacus at reasonable prices. Our server - Albert, was a pro, very knowledgeable. He suggested 2 wine samples that were not on the wine list and the white wine was a winner and not expensive. He knows how to sell!Special Features:
- Wonderfulboileree72VIPDined on 6/21/2014The new entrees are great, I tried the scallops and shrimp with the black rice and curry/coconut sauce. I was little concerned in trying this but our server Rodney said the curry/coconut was not overwhelming and it was not, only a hint of each - very will balanced with the black rice. Perfect. My wife had the flat iron steak, which was also great and Jasper's even tweaked this recipe and made it better. Our server Rodney, made great suggestions, came by to check on us as needed but not too much or too little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantmsdocwynnDined on 6/20/2014Loved that Jasper's took reservations for our party of 8. Food and wine were quite pricey though good.Special Features:
- SuperbFoodislifeDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious from appetizers to desserts and the service delightful. Everything was cooked perfectly and I have already recommended the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib - Need I Say MoreJgdulaDined on 6/14/2014Outstanding Prime Rib. It is smoked for a long time and then placed on the grill. Excellent flavor and tenderness.Special Features:
- ExcellentStephyDined on 6/13/2014Food was excellent, service was wonderful, they even customized the menu for a birthday in our group! Very awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeater!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014Our second visit was not a disappointment. It was even better than the first! Food was something to be remembered and the service was excellent! Jasper's will be a "must" on every visit to Austin!Special Features:
- Picky eaters welcomeunifoodieVIPDined on 6/4/2014My friend has a lot of food allergies and she has to have her food cooked certain ways. She asked for what she wanted, they got it wrong two times, but finally nailed it and it was a great dish. I was impressed on how well they handled the situation and how they did not stop until they got it perfect. For the price per dish this is what I expect, but few restaurants, chefs, waiters are this accommodating.Special Features:
- Wonderful twist on a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Took my nephew and his friends to celebrate graduation and it was a superb introduction to what dining can be. The foods were superb, but not scary. There was very little dilettante. The staff was extremely professional and handled our table perfectly. This was the fifth or sixth time I've eaten at Jasper's Austin; living in Plano I eat at Jasper's Plano quite a bit and like many of Chef Rathbun's restaurants it captures the city perfectly in its ambiance. I highly commend this restaurant whether you're looking for a place after attending the theater, celebrating an event, or just looking for a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This was a disappointing meal. Our server was the highlight, so kudos to the charming bald waiter who was the highlight of our meal. The food was on par with what you'd expect for a mall restaurant, but priced like Eddie V's...go there instead!
- PapaTVIPDined on 5/30/2014Worst meal ever had at Jasper's. Should be renamed to Liquid Smoke by Jasper's. The $55 strip was so fatty I could not eat it. The Mac and Cheese was Ham and cheese sauce. The Creamed Spinach was inedible. $5.00 for a bread basket, REALLY. $3.00 for a Jalapeno! I understand food costs but you all are abusing your customers. Probably why your dining room was empty on a Friday night! Not all was bad, did enjoy the Barlow Cabernet even at $95.00! Our server was a delight and kept trying very hard to make right the wrong of food being delivered to our table TWICE.. Kent would be appalled by whats happening at Jasper's.
- Perfect place for celebrationBeckyBVIPDined on 5/29/2014We have dined at Jasper's many times and always enjoy it. Last week, we selected it as the spot to celebrate the high school graduation of our daughter and nephew. We had a group of 10 and had the opportunity to use one of the private rooms. There was no extra charge for the room, but they do require a minimum expenditure on food and beverages, which is easy to meet with a group that size. The food was excellent, as usual, and our server was knowledgeable and personable. I definitely recommend Jasper's whether you have a group celebration like this one or a simple dinner for two. It is a lovely place and the food is always great.Special Features:
- Great diningdbut55Dined on 5/24/2014We had a great dinner. The food and service were excelent. I recommend Jaspers highly.Special Features:
- Dr. N. G.ItwasEhhhDined on 5/21/2014Honestly, I think I was most disappointed with the meal that I chose during Restaurant Week. The salmon was extremely petite and not worth $37, in my opinion. I should've ordered something different, and the waitress wasn't all that pleasant. I tried to ask her questions, and she would turn her back and walk away as if she didn't hear me. I've frequented Jasper's in the past, and I did enjoy the service and the food; but this time, not so much. I would recommend Jasper's to others in the future; but for restaurant week, I would recommend them to not order the salmon, especially if they were coming with an appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- colleagues happy but expensiveAustinDiner81Dined on 5/21/2014I made a reservation for 9 coworkers and a vendor my team was working with. I reviewed the menus on Jasper's website to ensure the average per-person cost was in my budget. When we were all seated and ordering, we discovered it was restaurant week and could only order from the prefix menu. I was not about to move everyone to another restaurant at that point, so I told everyone it was ok. Now I'm stuck with a bill that was $15 more per person than I was allowed to spend. I'm going to have to hope my manager will approve it, or I'll be paying $150 out of my own pocket to cover. The website menu, open table, nor the hosts warned me about this. The food was great. Service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBudkDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I simply enjoy Jasper's. Good wine, nice comfortable environment where the tables are not too close together and you can have a conversation as the noise level is not bad. Great menu, better service.Special Features:
- Love Jasper'sFoodReviewsByJDined on 5/17/2014Jasper's is a fun place to meet with friends for dinner and drinks. The Vanilla Toast was by the best dessert that I have eaten recently!Special Features:
- Graduation BrunchCypressSueDined on 5/17/2014They did a great job of accommodating us in an area that made it easier for my dad to hear. William, our waiter, was attentive, friendly and timely. The food was great. I was worried we would regret dining somewhere farther from campus, but it ended up being the perfect choice for everyone. So glad we picked this spot to celebrate!Special Features: