300 Drakes Landing Rd
Greenbrae, CA 94904Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jasonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (415) 925-0808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday and Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Banquet room can accommodate up to 155 seated and 340 standing. Jason Lee is both the coordinator and chef for all events.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lee 4159250808x
A word from Jason's Restaurant
Jason's Restaurant is the perfect place to have a casual lunch or dinner with upscale service and impressive cuisine. Our menu has dishes everyone can savor from our fresh and light Hawaiian Poke to our delicious grilled Blackened Rib Eye Steak. Our full bar serves up signature drinks and fine wine to enjoy in our dining room or out on the patio. Our banquet room also offers a great space for small intimate parties and large events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Jason's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Greenbrae ›
Jason's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (39)great for lunch (38)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- DD77Dined on 11/24/2014Always consistant and reliable and the best part yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodtallullahDined on 11/22/2014If you want a very nice dinner with plenty of entrees to choose from, this is the place. I ordered the baked salmon, well done, substituting rice pilaf for mashed potatoes. They are happy to accommodate changes. It arrived cooked perfectly. I look forward to my next visit to try something else. I didn't have dessert so I can't comment, but the choices were tantalizing. I don't know our server's name, but he was efficient and cordial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoritefamilymanDined on 11/22/2014This is a consistently good to outstanding restaurant that offers a nice variety of seafood, chicken, beef, and vegetarian dishes to accommodate different tastes. We enjoy going to Jason's with our teenage grandchildren, by ourselves, or with a group. The food presentation is good but not outstanding in the artistic sense. The wine selection by the glass is outstanding. The wait staff is knowledgeable, helpful, and pleasant. Of my recent meals, I found the Dijon lamb chops and cioppino to be as good as I have had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeLocalVIPDined on 11/21/2014Lunch and a cocktail. Special lobster ravioli was delicious. Fresh crab in season was heaping on a bed of greens with hardboiled eggs, tomatoes and avocado. Parking is plentiful and an afternoon walk behind the restaurant is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice DinnerCKinMarinVIPDined on 11/19/2014We had a good dinner here last week. Food was tasty though the Rattlesnake Pasta wasn't even remotely spicy. Good, just not spicy. The cioppino was perfect and the salads very good. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints...OutdoordinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014I love this restaurant and go here frequently. The menu is varied, and everything I have ordered has been delicious. Their wine list is great as well. And during the nice weather this place can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchtimeRudolphVIPDined on 11/18/2014Oysters are fresh, good selection of mocktails, especially if one can't drink and going back to work. Seafood pasta dishes are flavorful and their special of the day crab ravioli was delicious. Always a nice time at Jason's. Desserts are a must have, especially their tiramisu, bananas foster, and profiteroles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All About The FoodMsMountTammyDined on 11/13/2014I cannot believe it's taken me so many years to try Jason's out but my hubby and I finally did and we're pretty much blown away by the quality of the food. The Seanad was still sizzling as they served it. Crab cakes super flavorful and moist, the poke spicy and fresh. Great service. Try to overlook the business park and perk out at Mt Tam while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014good, nothing spectacular about the menu or food selection. Sushi hot appetizer was extremely salty - served in miniature cups and the bottom half of the sushi was sitting in soy sauce.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Food good Waiter was way too rushed and Impatient as always big deterrentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatCAtlcVIPDined on 11/5/2014My spouse and I eat at Jason's about every other month, and after our latest dinner we decided that is not often enough. The mussels in curry sauce are delicious and filling, and the cajun ahi tuna that I had was just incredible. It comes with Jason's signature tempura green beans, which are also available as an appetizer under "healthy fries". Bottom line: I have never had a disappointing meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Good food - friendly staff - nice bar. Nothing fancy just a great place to go. Great menu selection.Special Features:
- Something for all palletsNjoywineDined on 10/30/2014this is a fusion restaurant with a very nice menu. Prices were reasonable and on a Thursday the wine was a great value (50% off $40+ wines). I had the Fisherman's stew (v. good mussels and clams on a pasta); others had the shrimp scampi (v.good) and another had the Cajun pasta. Everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- Jason'sbillsVIPDined on 10/28/2014Always hits it out of the park. I have numerous Marin County clients and prospects and I always recommend Jason's for the quality fresh seafood and wonderful fresh flavors he creates. This lunch was a business lunch with very special clients who also love Jason's. He gives me many reasons to keep going back - and I will.Special Features:
- IrshyugoDined on 10/25/2014The Scampi was excellent as was the Baked Salmon - I would go back just for those itemsSpecial Features:
- Nice neighborhood placeJohnVIPDined on 10/20/2014We like Jason's. It is one of those pleasant unpretentious places to go when the wife doesn't want to cook, or you want to have a casual dinner with good friends. The people and ambience warm and friendly, and it has an interesting variety of menu items. The food is very good and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgDaviddo1865Dined on 10/17/2014The whole experience was very nice. I have not dined here for some time and it is every bit as good as I had remembered. I will make it a point to dine here more often. I will also make it a point to recommend Jason"s to my friends who dine out often.Special Features:
- QuickDined on 10/13/2014The brandy chicken with risotto is awesome! Portions are on the larger side so plenty to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!CAFunMomDined on 10/10/2014The location is near the waterway in a business park. If you arrive before dark, you can walk along the waterway path. If it is dark, there is no value to being near the water for ambience because it is too far away and they keep the blinds closed since the sun would directly beam on patrons. The bar looked fun and had tent outdoor seating for this beautiful night. The food was delicious. Our table had the bruschetta, ahi tuna poke, and fried calamari for appetizers - all good. For entree's we had fisherman's stew, pizza bolognese, Prawn Scampi and the Fettuccine al Camarones. All of them were large entree's and very good. For desert we shared JASON’S HOT FUDGE SUNDAE (birthday treat) and PROFITEROLES. Both were really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business lunchesKukanaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Not great food but good! Easy access and good service. My lunch partner had a better meal with the salmon on the ceasar salad which he really loved. I will come back but it's nothing out of the ordinary for me.Special Features:
- seabass remains the best in sfOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Jason continues to deliver fabulous food. The lobster bisque was rich and flavorful. Finishing with the profiteers was delicious.Special Features:
- Best menu aroundIrishmissDined on 9/26/2014Well executed and diverse menu. We had both specials and solid standbys. Service was excellent They have nice comp on corkage if you buy one bottle over 40. Worked well for us as it was special occasion and we wanted to bring an old classic from homeSpecial Features:
- Business lunchecochicksDined on 9/22/2014We had a group of six for a business lunch. The food was great. Everyone had something they really enjoyed. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Try this restaurant!GourmetDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food, drinks and service. Three birthday gals enjoyed perfectly prepared Chilean seabass with fresh spinach and rice. No problem substituting rice for melt in your mouth mashed potatoes. An entree of salmon was delicious. We had Bananas Foster for dessert which was quite a treat and rarely on menus these days. The restaurant even comped us a chocolate mousse YUM! The Cosmo and Lemon Drop were very good. I definitely recommend this restaurant and will return when I am in Marin.Special Features:
- LunchGuteelternVIPDined on 9/11/2014as always very good. Will return again for lunch or dinner.
- Endorsement from a regularPSF300VIPDined on 9/9/2014I go to Jason's for business and pleasure a couple of times per month. I have done so for several years. The food is consistently outstanding - we even call in for take out frequently. Their pasta is excellent as well as Jason's real specialty - seafoodSpecial Features:
- Wanna burger?LocalVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent cheeseburger on the patio. Cooked as ordered and perfect fries, and lots of them. Water dish for our pup. Great place for walk and lunch.Special Features:
- lunch was great...!OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 8/29/2014their crab cake lunch was great...! sauces, crab and greens--it was all just right. however, serving staff needs training: waiter reached across me to pour coffee for my dining partner--should never happen, but of course it was easier for him.Special Features:
- Jason's.. bigger is not bettermarindinerDined on 8/28/2014Ran out of entrees by 7:00.. serivice so so.. charged us for bottle of wine we cancelled. Forgot one salad. Food for most part very good, especially desserts.
- Happy RevisitmiteechungDined on 8/24/2014It was great to come back to Jason's and find that nothing has changed. The food is still excellent - and the feeling like you have found a little secret gem of a place is retained. My husband had the Miso-Glazed Chilean Sea Bass which was excellent - scrumptious. I had the Cioppino - the seafood was cooked perfectly and the broth was refreshingly light yet flavorful. I was worried that is would be too salty, but with the garlic toast for dipping, it was perfect! Thank you for making our wedding anniversary very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Love the tempura green beans and shrimp diablo!!! My husband has special dietary garlic restrictions, and the staff always accommodates graciously with good selection alternative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dipsea99VIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable meal. The tiger prawn appetizer was tasty--it's a great recipe superbly prepared. Sea bass was extra special, another winner. Seafood pasta was nicely done. All in all a really fine restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fishegadsDined on 8/14/2014Terrific selection of fish, perfectly cooked. Tuesday and Thursday 1/2 off wine can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Spot!OompaloompahDined on 8/9/2014We went to Jason's for an anniversary dinner. They were very accommodating to our seating request for a quiet table. I was also impressed with the server's attention to food allergies. The Ahi Tuna was yummy! It was prepared in an interesting and enjoyable way. We also had the gnochi, and it was also very good. Jason's is very convenient to Hwy 101 but tucked into a complex so that is feels private. The ambiance is one of soft colors and a pleasing opulent feel. For the right occasion, I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014I've followed Jason since he was in San Rafael and was happy to see him in the kitchen. The menu was exactly the same and the food was the same high quality and wonderful taste that I remembered. I will have to return more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014The food and drinks are consistently excellent. The only problem is the decor. The restaurant can use some sprucing up.
- Fabulous as alwaysChristmasylunchDined on 8/2/2014I love Jason's. The food is delicious and the specials fabulous. I dine here for lunch and dinner frequently. The wine list is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014The seafood is always prepared right here and I've never been disappointed. Our waiter seemed like he was rushing us in the beginning and not paying attention to what we said. He brought me pinot Grigio instead of noir and when a couple of us asked for water without ice, it was delivered with a thump as though it was an imposition. He never smiled. Maybe it was a bad night for him but it wasn't professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 473 reviews are from the Jason's Restaurant reviews archive.
- DinnerGuteelternVIPDined on 7/26/2014as always a fine dinner with family and good food. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSnoopyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent fish,great food service.we had a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features: