300 Drakes Landing Rd
Greenbrae, CA 94904Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jasonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4159250808x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday and Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Banquet room can accommodate up to 155 seated and 340 standing. Jason Lee is both the coordinator and chef for all events.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lee 4159250808x
A word from Jason's Restaurant
Jason's Restaurant is the perfect place to have a casual lunch or dinner with upscale service and impressive cuisine. Our menu has dishes everyone can savor from our fresh and light Hawaiian Poke to our delicious grilled Blackened Rib Eye Steak. Our full bar serves up signature drinks and fine wine to enjoy in our dining room or out on the patio. Our banquet room also offers a great space for small intimate parties and large events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jason's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (30)good for groups (26)great for lunch (26)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Happy RevisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014It was great to come back to Jason's and find that nothing has changed. The food is still excellent - and the feeling like you have found a little secret gem of a place is retained. My husband had the Miso-Glazed Chilean Sea Bass which was excellent - scrumptious. I had the Cioppino - the seafood was cooked perfectly and the broth was refreshingly light yet flavorful. I was worried that is would be too salty, but with the garlic toast for dipping, it was perfect! Thank you for making our wedding anniversary very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Love the tempura green beans and shrimp diablo!!! My husband has special dietary garlic restrictions, and the staff always accommodates graciously with good selection alternative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dipsea99VIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable meal. The tiger prawn appetizer was tasty--it's a great recipe superbly prepared. Sea bass was extra special, another winner. Seafood pasta was nicely done. All in all a really fine restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fishegadsDined on 8/14/2014Terrific selection of fish, perfectly cooked. Tuesday and Thursday 1/2 off wine can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Spot!OompaloompahDined on 8/9/2014We went to Jason's for an anniversary dinner. They were very accommodating to our seating request for a quiet table. I was also impressed with the server's attention to food allergies. The Ahi Tuna was yummy! It was prepared in an interesting and enjoyable way. We also had the gnochi, and it was also very good. Jason's is very convenient to Hwy 101 but tucked into a complex so that is feels private. The ambiance is one of soft colors and a pleasing opulent feel. For the right occasion, I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014I've followed Jason since he was in San Rafael and was happy to see him in the kitchen. The menu was exactly the same and the food was the same high quality and wonderful taste that I remembered. I will have to return more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014The food and drinks are consistently excellent. The only problem is the decor. The restaurant can use some sprucing up.
- Fabulous as alwaysChristmasylunchDined on 8/2/2014I love Jason's. The food is delicious and the specials fabulous. I dine here for lunch and dinner frequently. The wine list is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysFoodLoverDined on 8/1/2014The seafood is always prepared right here and I've never been disappointed. Our waiter seemed like he was rushing us in the beginning and not paying attention to what we said. He brought me pinot Grigio instead of noir and when a couple of us asked for water without ice, it was delivered with a thump as though it was an imposition. He never smiled. Maybe it was a bad night for him but it wasn't professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGuteelternDined on 7/26/2014as always a fine dinner with family and good food. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSnoopyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent fish,great food service.we had a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!bokes16VIPDined on 7/25/2014We hadn't been to Jason's in almost a year, but we were pleasantly reminded of how good their food is, and how nice their service is. Some of the same staff was there, and main menu items were the same. All four of us order a seafood dish, and they were all outstanding. We also had our 15 month with us and they offered to bring him a pasta dish off the menu. The wines were great, and they have air conditioning, which was a nice escape from the recent heat wave we had been having.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice serviceRegularPlaceVIPDined on 7/19/2014Home away from home. We enjoyed the healthy fries plus such a wide range of entrees. Really enjoyed the Brandy chicken which was very generous with wonderful portions. We always appreciated the experienced, long-term staff there. It is comfortable and delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Great.. service super. Food warm and perfect. Hostess polite. I have been here a lot, and Jason has a good thing going.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious foodSusanLikesGoodFoodDined on 7/17/2014My date and I loved the food at Jason's. We were a bit unconventional in our selections as we ordered both the Baked Salmon and the Portobello Mushroom Pizza to share. The staff neatly divided the salmon entree so that we were each served half of the salmon on a bed of mashed potatoes with asparagus. It was absolutely delicious. The salmon was tender on the inside, while the crispy outside was seasoned with a perfect mixture of unknown spices. The mashed potatoes were amazing; perhaps they might have been a tad too spicy for some, but we raved over them. The pizza, too, was delicious and unusual. Since we were almost full after eating half the salmon dish each, we took most of the pizza home. The atmosphere was warm and classy.Special Features:
- Jason's DelightJasonsDined on 7/17/2014From the first moment you arrive the warm and welcoming staff make you feel right at home inside the formal dining area. After a cleansing Moscow Mule we made our selection from the half price wine list before tackling the generous menu. Spoilt for choice we elected to have the dragon prawns and halibut ceviche followed by a choice cut 350g rib eye that was cooked to perfection; a faultless meal. To finish we struggled through a palate cleansing desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always elegant diningFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014We have been to Jason's on many special occasions. We are never disappointed. I had the lamb which was a tad over-seasoned but perfectly grilled. Others had fish dishes and pasta. Our guests, who had never been there before, thought it was great and said they would return. Awesome chocolate sundae! We are well-satisfied.Special Features:
- PietaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Disappointed with the food preparation this time. I have been dining at Jason's for as long as he has been open. This last time was not good. Two of us had the halibut. It was over cooked to the point that it was so dry, it was almost like eating cotton. My sister had the lobster. It too was over cooked and tough to chew. Also, the four of us sat there with empty water glasses which were never filled. Sorry to have to say this because Jason is a very good chef but I guess they have off nights.
- A Wonderful Dinner...LynDinesDined on 7/10/2014A Wonderful Dinner... Especially nice are the great starter. Do no miss them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea bass remains unparalledOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2014It's hard to try other dishes when the seabass is so good. My husband tried the brandy chicken, it was delicious. Dragon prawns remain a favorite tooSpecial Features:
- great dining experienceMikeandLynneDined on 6/21/2014We came for dinner to celebrate our friends birthday. The food was amazing and service excellent.Special Features:
- Solid restauranttkmphoenixDined on 6/20/2014Dinner at Jason's was quite good but nothing exceptional. I'll go again and enjoy it, particularly the outdoor patio. Nice ambiance, great small bar, nice dining room. I had a pasta dish, which was certainly good but not great. My companion had a NY steak, which actually was outstanding. Service was attentive and pleasant. Absolutely no complaints, just a good solid neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Great find in GreenbraesunnysdadDined on 6/17/2014We'll definitely be going back. The food was excellent. The menu offers a great variety of dishes including a lot of appetizers. We had the "healthy fries" which are tempura green beans and the calamari. Both were delicious. My wife had the Sea Bass which she announced was "great." My daughter and I split a delicious Cesar salad. We had pizza which may be the best we've tasted outside of Italy. For dessert we had the Apple pie a la mode, it was perfect. The service was friendly and very attentive. My only suggestion is to tone down the look of the dining area. It is elegant with white table cloths and gold fixtures. I think it should be a bit more relaxed to match the staff and the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Mediocre food, abysmal service and over priced. Go anywhere else.Special Features:
- GreatspotDined on 6/10/2014One of our favorites. Loved the heathy fries (green beans & broccoli ) & the crab cakes. Have never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soIgnatiusDined on 6/4/2014Service and food were so-so. My pasta with shrimp was tasteless - I was hungry enough to eat it, but it was bad cooking, poor ingredients or both. Menu says pasta was "house-made"... If that's true, it was made with the cheapest possible ingredients. Shrimp were rubbery and tasteless, may have been cooked (or overcooked) long before served.. My sons were not impressed with their steaks. However, one person's fish was good. It appears that their main ingredient is mashed potatoes on every plate, which I find incredibly boring.
- GuteelternGuteelternDined on 6/3/2014we are going to this Restaurant for a long time and are always satisfied with everything.Special Features:
- MaryDined on 6/2/2014Good Dinner. Open even on Monday Nite . Was very busy - 2 Special events, but we enjoyed our dinner and evening. Oscar the waiter was the best. Efficient and knows the menu.Special Features:
- Hit & MissDelishDined on 5/29/2014We have enjoyed coming to Jason's in the past. The food is good, but a bit overpriced for pasta, that was okay. Really enjoyed the appetizers and the half priced bottle of wine. We will go back, but I will skip the pasta!Special Features:
- Consistently goodEMBEEVIPDined on 5/28/2014We have eaten at Jason's several times and it is always good. It is a great place for a quiet dinner, good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantGreatVIPDined on 5/15/2014We had the lobster cocktail, as well as the tuna sashimi shots. Both were excellent as was the Cajun-spiced rib eye steak. My husband and I split the entrée and they were very generous in the size of the vegetables on both plates. We also went on a Thursday night, so we were able to order wine at half-off. all in all, a nice meal and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great saladsFrankieVIPDined on 5/15/2014seared ahi salad was great as was my friend's salmon Caesar. Good wine list also. Nice to sit out on the shaded patio and service was very good.Special Features:
- Jason's always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014Jason, the chef and owner, consistently turns out great food. Nice atmosphere and good choice for marin.Special Features:
- Great hidden spot!DixieDined on 5/11/2014My son wanted to so here for his 24th birthday, I had not heard of it so did not know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised! Very nice ambiance, outdoor seating option. The food very well prepared and tasty - but the thing that struck me the most and why I am taking the time to write this review is the excellent service. We had a reservation, were seated right away and service was amazing especially considering it was also Mother's Day and they were very busy.Special Features:
- Good Job JasonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014I eat here for lunch regularly - and booked Mother's Day with some apprehension - given the day and the crowds. The restaurant pulled it off perfectly - from food to service - great meal on a pedestrian day to eat out! Thanks
- Great foodMariniteVIPDined on 5/10/2014Waiter was attentive. Good food, well-prepared. Accommodated all my dietary restrictions. Responded to my request for a quiet booth.Special Features:
- Hidden little jemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My brother and I wanted to take Mom out for a pre-Mothers Day Dinner so we chose Jason's. The food and service were good. The waitress was great about making suggestions. The ambiance is a bit funky as the restaurant seems to be in the middle of an office building.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencedandyVIPDined on 5/10/2014We really enjoed everything about this restaurant. The service was impeccable. As soon as you asked for anything it was there. All 5 of us enjoyed our meals. The rib eye was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be back for a while.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/2/2014Food was fine, and as expected per the menu, but nothing notable. Food timing was good, even (too) fast for the 1st course. Meanwhile. our server didn't smile, took far too long to make his initial 'hello' - we'd already looked over the dinner menu and drink menu entirely. Then, he only took our drink order though it was clear we were ready to order. We weren't told of specials until he brought our drinks. He did check on us twice though after the food was delivered. I made a note on the reservation *and* remarked to the hostess that it was my husband's birthday. They did/said nothing. No candle on the dessert he ordered. Very disappointed. Busboy setting a large table tossed bread plates across the table w/ a clatter. Jason's lacks warmth.
- The following 442 reviews are from the Jason's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always a treatJackieVIPDined on 4/28/2014Their luncheon salmon can't be beat. It's wild and a great deal at $18.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.