300 Drakes Landing Rd
Greenbrae, CA 94904Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jasonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4159250808x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday and Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Banquet room can accommodate up to 155 seated and 340 standing. Jason Lee is both the coordinator and chef for all events.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lee 4159250808x
A word from Jason's Restaurant
Jason's Restaurant is the perfect place to have a casual lunch or dinner with upscale service and impressive cuisine. Our menu has dishes everyone can savor from our fresh and light Hawaiian Poke to our delicious grilled Blackened Rib Eye Steak. Our full bar serves up signature drinks and fine wine to enjoy in our dining room or out on the patio. Our banquet room also offers a great space for small intimate parties and large events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jason's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Greenbrae ›
Jason's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (30)good for groups (28)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (13)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice neighborhood placeJohnVIPDined on 10/20/2014We like Jason's. It is one of those pleasant unpretentious places to go when the wife doesn't want to cook, or you want to have a casual dinner with good friends. The people and ambience warm and friendly, and it has an interesting variety of menu items. The food is very good and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- email@example.comDaviddo1865Dined on 10/17/2014The whole experience was very nice. I have not dined here for some time and it is every bit as good as I had remembered. I will make it a point to dine here more often. I will also make it a point to recommend Jason"s to my friends who dine out often.Special Features:
- QuickDined on 10/13/2014The brandy chicken with risotto is awesome! Portions are on the larger side so plenty to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!CAFunMomDined on 10/10/2014The location is near the waterway in a business park. If you arrive before dark, you can walk along the waterway path. If it is dark, there is no value to being near the water for ambience because it is too far away and they keep the blinds closed since the sun would directly beam on patrons. The bar looked fun and had tent outdoor seating for this beautiful night. The food was delicious. Our table had the bruschetta, ahi tuna poke, and fried calamari for appetizers - all good. For entree's we had fisherman's stew, pizza bolognese, Prawn Scampi and the Fettuccine al Camarones. All of them were large entree's and very good. For desert we shared JASON’S HOT FUDGE SUNDAE (birthday treat) and PROFITEROLES. Both were really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business lunchesKukanaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Not great food but good! Easy access and good service. My lunch partner had a better meal with the salmon on the ceasar salad which he really loved. I will come back but it's nothing out of the ordinary for me.Special Features:
- seabass remains the best in sfOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Jason continues to deliver fabulous food. The lobster bisque was rich and flavorful. Finishing with the profiteers was delicious.Special Features:
- Best menu aroundIrishmissDined on 9/26/2014Well executed and diverse menu. We had both specials and solid standbys. Service was excellent They have nice comp on corkage if you buy one bottle over 40. Worked well for us as it was special occasion and we wanted to bring an old classic from homeSpecial Features:
- Business lunchecochicksDined on 9/22/2014We had a group of six for a business lunch. The food was great. Everyone had something they really enjoyed. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Try this restaurant!GourmetDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food, drinks and service. Three birthday gals enjoyed perfectly prepared Chilean seabass with fresh spinach and rice. No problem substituting rice for melt in your mouth mashed potatoes. An entree of salmon was delicious. We had Bananas Foster for dessert which was quite a treat and rarely on menus these days. The restaurant even comped us a chocolate mousse YUM! The Cosmo and Lemon Drop were very good. I definitely recommend this restaurant and will return when I am in Marin.Special Features:
- LunchGuteelternDined on 9/11/2014as always very good. Will return again for lunch or dinner.
- Endorsement from a regularPSF300VIPDined on 9/9/2014I go to Jason's for business and pleasure a couple of times per month. I have done so for several years. The food is consistently outstanding - we even call in for take out frequently. Their pasta is excellent as well as Jason's real specialty - seafoodSpecial Features:
- Wanna burger?LocalVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent cheeseburger on the patio. Cooked as ordered and perfect fries, and lots of them. Water dish for our pup. Great place for walk and lunch.Special Features:
- lunch was great...!OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 8/29/2014their crab cake lunch was great...! sauces, crab and greens--it was all just right. however, serving staff needs training: waiter reached across me to pour coffee for my dining partner--should never happen, but of course it was easier for him.Special Features:
- Jason's.. bigger is not bettermarindinerDined on 8/28/2014Ran out of entrees by 7:00.. serivice so so.. charged us for bottle of wine we cancelled. Forgot one salad. Food for most part very good, especially desserts.
- Happy RevisitmiteechungDined on 8/24/2014It was great to come back to Jason's and find that nothing has changed. The food is still excellent - and the feeling like you have found a little secret gem of a place is retained. My husband had the Miso-Glazed Chilean Sea Bass which was excellent - scrumptious. I had the Cioppino - the seafood was cooked perfectly and the broth was refreshingly light yet flavorful. I was worried that is would be too salty, but with the garlic toast for dipping, it was perfect! Thank you for making our wedding anniversary very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Love the tempura green beans and shrimp diablo!!! My husband has special dietary garlic restrictions, and the staff always accommodates graciously with good selection alternative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dipsea99VIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable meal. The tiger prawn appetizer was tasty--it's a great recipe superbly prepared. Sea bass was extra special, another winner. Seafood pasta was nicely done. All in all a really fine restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fishegadsDined on 8/14/2014Terrific selection of fish, perfectly cooked. Tuesday and Thursday 1/2 off wine can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Spot!OompaloompahDined on 8/9/2014We went to Jason's for an anniversary dinner. They were very accommodating to our seating request for a quiet table. I was also impressed with the server's attention to food allergies. The Ahi Tuna was yummy! It was prepared in an interesting and enjoyable way. We also had the gnochi, and it was also very good. Jason's is very convenient to Hwy 101 but tucked into a complex so that is feels private. The ambiance is one of soft colors and a pleasing opulent feel. For the right occasion, I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014I've followed Jason since he was in San Rafael and was happy to see him in the kitchen. The menu was exactly the same and the food was the same high quality and wonderful taste that I remembered. I will have to return more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014The food and drinks are consistently excellent. The only problem is the decor. The restaurant can use some sprucing up.
- Fabulous as alwaysChristmasylunchDined on 8/2/2014I love Jason's. The food is delicious and the specials fabulous. I dine here for lunch and dinner frequently. The wine list is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014The seafood is always prepared right here and I've never been disappointed. Our waiter seemed like he was rushing us in the beginning and not paying attention to what we said. He brought me pinot Grigio instead of noir and when a couple of us asked for water without ice, it was delivered with a thump as though it was an imposition. He never smiled. Maybe it was a bad night for him but it wasn't professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGuteelternDined on 7/26/2014as always a fine dinner with family and good food. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSnoopyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent fish,great food service.we had a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!bokes16VIPDined on 7/25/2014We hadn't been to Jason's in almost a year, but we were pleasantly reminded of how good their food is, and how nice their service is. Some of the same staff was there, and main menu items were the same. All four of us order a seafood dish, and they were all outstanding. We also had our 15 month with us and they offered to bring him a pasta dish off the menu. The wines were great, and they have air conditioning, which was a nice escape from the recent heat wave we had been having.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice serviceRegularPlaceVIPDined on 7/19/2014Home away from home. We enjoyed the healthy fries plus such a wide range of entrees. Really enjoyed the Brandy chicken which was very generous with wonderful portions. We always appreciated the experienced, long-term staff there. It is comfortable and delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Great.. service super. Food warm and perfect. Hostess polite. I have been here a lot, and Jason has a good thing going.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious foodSusanLikesGoodFoodDined on 7/17/2014My date and I loved the food at Jason's. We were a bit unconventional in our selections as we ordered both the Baked Salmon and the Portobello Mushroom Pizza to share. The staff neatly divided the salmon entree so that we were each served half of the salmon on a bed of mashed potatoes with asparagus. It was absolutely delicious. The salmon was tender on the inside, while the crispy outside was seasoned with a perfect mixture of unknown spices. The mashed potatoes were amazing; perhaps they might have been a tad too spicy for some, but we raved over them. The pizza, too, was delicious and unusual. Since we were almost full after eating half the salmon dish each, we took most of the pizza home. The atmosphere was warm and classy.Special Features:
- Jason's DelightJasonsDined on 7/17/2014From the first moment you arrive the warm and welcoming staff make you feel right at home inside the formal dining area. After a cleansing Moscow Mule we made our selection from the half price wine list before tackling the generous menu. Spoilt for choice we elected to have the dragon prawns and halibut ceviche followed by a choice cut 350g rib eye that was cooked to perfection; a faultless meal. To finish we struggled through a palate cleansing desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always elegant diningFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014We have been to Jason's on many special occasions. We are never disappointed. I had the lamb which was a tad over-seasoned but perfectly grilled. Others had fish dishes and pasta. Our guests, who had never been there before, thought it was great and said they would return. Awesome chocolate sundae! We are well-satisfied.Special Features:
- PietaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Disappointed with the food preparation this time. I have been dining at Jason's for as long as he has been open. This last time was not good. Two of us had the halibut. It was over cooked to the point that it was so dry, it was almost like eating cotton. My sister had the lobster. It too was over cooked and tough to chew. Also, the four of us sat there with empty water glasses which were never filled. Sorry to have to say this because Jason is a very good chef but I guess they have off nights.
- A Wonderful Dinner...LynDinesDined on 7/10/2014A Wonderful Dinner... Especially nice are the great starter. Do no miss them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea bass remains unparalledOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2014It's hard to try other dishes when the seabass is so good. My husband tried the brandy chicken, it was delicious. Dragon prawns remain a favorite tooSpecial Features:
- The following 462 reviews are from the Jason's Restaurant reviews archive.
- great dining experienceMikeandLynneDined on 6/21/2014We came for dinner to celebrate our friends birthday. The food was amazing and service excellent.Special Features:
- Solid restauranttkmphoenixDined on 6/20/2014Dinner at Jason's was quite good but nothing exceptional. I'll go again and enjoy it, particularly the outdoor patio. Nice ambiance, great small bar, nice dining room. I had a pasta dish, which was certainly good but not great. My companion had a NY steak, which actually was outstanding. Service was attentive and pleasant. Absolutely no complaints, just a good solid neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Great find in GreenbraesunnysdadDined on 6/17/2014We'll definitely be going back. The food was excellent. The menu offers a great variety of dishes including a lot of appetizers. We had the "healthy fries" which are tempura green beans and the calamari. Both were delicious. My wife had the Sea Bass which she announced was "great." My daughter and I split a delicious Cesar salad. We had pizza which may be the best we've tasted outside of Italy. For dessert we had the Apple pie a la mode, it was perfect. The service was friendly and very attentive. My only suggestion is to tone down the look of the dining area. It is elegant with white table cloths and gold fixtures. I think it should be a bit more relaxed to match the staff and the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Mediocre food, abysmal service and over priced. Go anywhere else.Special Features:
- GreatspotDined on 6/10/2014One of our favorites. Loved the heathy fries (green beans & broccoli ) & the crab cakes. Have never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soIgnatiusDined on 6/4/2014Service and food were so-so. My pasta with shrimp was tasteless - I was hungry enough to eat it, but it was bad cooking, poor ingredients or both. Menu says pasta was "house-made"... If that's true, it was made with the cheapest possible ingredients. Shrimp were rubbery and tasteless, may have been cooked (or overcooked) long before served.. My sons were not impressed with their steaks. However, one person's fish was good. It appears that their main ingredient is mashed potatoes on every plate, which I find incredibly boring.