Jasmine Asian Cuisine
3618 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Jasmine Asian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3024795618
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jasmine Asian Cuisine offers an on-site Sushi Chef for your catered event.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Tammy Wang 6106132112
A word from Jasmine Asian Cuisine
Jasmine Asian Cuisine offers Pan-Asian cuisine with excellent Sushi. A full lounge is also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jasmine Asian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- This restaurant is on lifeWilmDinerVIPDined on 10/27/2012This restaurant is on life support; check back in six months and they will be out of business. Maybe half a dozen tables at most. Twenty minutes to get a drink. Kitchen and bar were "backed up"; hard to imagine since nobody was dining there. The shame of it is the food was very good, I will NEVER go back.
- Service was mediocre. DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/16/2012Service was mediocre. Drinks from the bar came after our appetizers, which did not arrive together. Server had to be reminded more than once to refill water glasses. Food great - service, not so much. I wouldn't return without a coupon or discount. It's not worth it.
- Never to return again!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2012The service was beyond terrible. Your star rating needs negative stars. With no more than 30 diners in the restaurant and most of them already having drinks, there were still not enough menus for a party of two. After 20 minutes of not one server or hostess coming to our table, we left.
- I had the Vietnamese BentotishDined on 10/10/2012I had the Vietnamese Bento box. It was only FAIR. The beef was overcooked and toughPresentation is attractive. i wouldn't order that particular item again. The service was fine.
- A SurpriseKabobKatsDined on 10/3/2012Went expecting the worse, considering all the bad reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. The food was really good, and our server very attentive.Special Features:
- Dishes were full of flavor,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Dishes were full of flavor, generous portions. Service was pleasant and food was served quicklySpecial Features:
- I went there for a lunch meeting.JanetLMPVIPDined on 9/6/2012I went there for a lunch meeting. While the place was not crowded at all, the service was remarkably slow. We both ordered noodle dishes which were way more noodle than vegetables or tofu and took a strangely long time to arrive. Same for table next to us. The chill in the air caused us to order the Jasmine tea which was not particularly hot.
- I always love going to JasmineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012I always love going to Jasmine to eat, but the service needs to be better.Special Features:
- Went at 8:30PM and lounge/barOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Went at 8:30PM and lounge/bar area was already closed. They made us sit in the other dinning room which was not impressive.
- Jasmine has solid Asian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2012Jasmine has solid Asian food for a very good price. W have enjoyed sushi, rice, and noodle dishes here. The portions are somewhat large, so we usually have leftovers to take home. Service is good and attentive and the staff was helpful on deciding drinks. There is a large bar area. We have never seen the restaurant packed and have never had an issue getting a reservation at the last minute.
- I think restaurant went downOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/11/2012I think restaurant went down hill a little since opening. They were out of several wines and alcoholic drinks as well as some menu items. The waitress didn't mention that from the beginning. Every time we chose something to order, she would tell us that they were out of it. What we did order was good but not exceptional that I would go out of my way to go back. The sushi rolls were just ok, not you would expect from a nice sushi place.
- The crab wontons were theHeatherDined on 7/9/2012The crab wontons were the best. The Pad Tahi was ok. The Teriyaki slamon was delicious. Open atmosphere. Not crowded.Special Features:
- Not going back hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2012I was surprised this place is still open. Service was horrible food was sub par. We will not be back.
- You Never Know What You'll Hear....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/24/2012My six year old son and I went to Jasmine for our monthly "mommy and son" lunch. We had just received our food when we heard shouting coming from the kitchen. It wasn't just shouting but a lot of obscenities too, we could hear the entire thing clearly from our table. As a customer, I didn't need to hear that while eating and my SIX YEAR OLD son didn't need to hear any of the obscenities coming from the kitchen. The wait staff also heard this and when I asked to have our lunches packed up, they did it very quickly. I wrote a note to Jasmine a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything back. I have been going there for years but now I'm not sure if I'll go back. The worst part is our special lunch that we both look forwrad to was ruined.
- We had a very nice meal &OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012We had a very nice meal & the service was very good.Special Features:
- Wow, what good food. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2012Wow, what good food. We had a large group, so we sampled a dozen dishes, and everything was really excellent. Malaysian curry, Thai pad thai, sushi and rolls, shu mai, it was all yummy. I'd definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- The dinner experience wasuvadentDined on 5/15/2012The dinner experience was one of the most absurd I ever experienced. Our waiter took our order then totally disappeared. After a half hour of our waitstaff going awol, I went to the bar itself to find out where our drinks at least were. The bartender had no clue. I spoke to the manager, and he did not know where the waiter was for he no longer was in the restaurant. All the other customers in the restaurant were also in the same predicament as our table was. The busboy and manager had to take over for the waitstaff for the tables and did the best they could do. The atmosphere of course was very tense and uncomfortable..all the patrons were arguing with the manager and I just wanted to leave. It reminded me of a Seinfeld episode!
- The food is always fresh andYemarVIPDined on 5/14/2012The food is always fresh and delicious - and this place serves the best cosmos around!Special Features:
- We love Jasmine, but it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2012We love Jasmine, but it's a long way from Newark, so we seldom go. The food was excellent, and we had a really great waiter. I was coming home from picking up a friend at the Philly airport, so it was right on the way home.Special Features:
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2012The service and food were pretty mediocre. Not bad, but not good enough to entice me to good back anytime soon. I had been once before and it seems like things have definitely gone downhill in terms of quality and attention to detail.
- Lettuce Wraps!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012We started with the lettuce wraps - which were great! I had the mango/asparagus chicken, and will get it everytime we go back. My fiance got the shrimp and vegetable tempur which was also wonderful. I would highly reccomend it to anybody who enjoys flavorful food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great for a Special Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2012This is one of my favorite sushi restaurants in Delaware. In my opinion, a notch above Kooma, Mikimotos and Le ShioSpecial Features:
- Food was tasty, but the sashimiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012Food was tasty, but the sashimi is cut too thin, although it's a fair-size. I would rather have the fish cut a little smaller, but thicker. When ordering sashimi, it should be automatic that a bowl of rice comes with it. I had to order it when the waitress came around. Service is slow. It took more than 10 minutes to just have a glass of water, and the ordered drinks didn't show-up for another 10 minutes. There seems not enough waiters/waitresses in the place. Good selection of food and beer though.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2012Used to be a lovely place a few years ago with food to talk about. Not anymore. Not worth the money they charge.
- Delicious lemongrass chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2012Delicious lemongrass chicken and fabulous soft shell crab. Was surprised it wasn't busier for lunch!Special Features:
- I was with a party of 4, weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/14/2012I was with a party of 4, we ordered the appetizer sampler for everyone to share, and the waiter did not bring appetizer plates. I requested plates, and we did not get them for 15 minutes (I could see our waiter standing around - he clearly forgot). Also - we were the only people in the restaurant for the first 15 minutes we were there, so it's not like the waiter was too busy to remember. The service was very slow throughout our lunch and after we paid the bill, we were not offered to go boxes for the 3 half eaten meals. We had to ask the host, as the waiter disappeared. The appetizers and Bento boxes were good, however I ordered sushi, which was not the best. I could not even finish the spicy tuna roll. I will not be returning.
- We are frequent visitors andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/7/2012We are frequent visitors and there has been a marked change in the service . I wonder if there is new ownership??
- The food was great. I frequentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011The food was great. I frequent jasmines and never am disappointed.Special Features:
- Loved the food! We had sushi,sashiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011Loved the food! We had sushi,sashimi, miso soup, edamame and spring rolls. the food was very fresh. We loved it so much we ordered 4 more rolls to go! For dessert we had green tea ice cream, the flavor was mild and left a lovely aftertaste. I plan on making Jasmine a regular stop for my monthly outings with my son. He loved the place!Special Features:
- We celebrated my wife's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2011We celebrated my wife's birthday with family. The server and the food were very good. My wife enjoyed herself and that is what counted most.Special Features:
- Wondering if it's gone downhill...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/2/2011We hadn't been to Jasmine for a while, so we chose it for a friend's birthday dinner. I remember it being a lot better than it was this time - it was good, but not as good as before.
- Service was poor, waited 50OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/4/2011Service was poor, waited 50 minutes to get first course. Gyoza were burnt. There has been a real change in the quality of service/food from the restaurant.
- Took my three kids and wife,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011Took my three kids and wife, they enjoyed the wide food selection. All dishes were great and the portions were more than expected. We will return. The waite staff seemed a bit pre occupied and was less than attentive , that would be my only down side of the entire night.Special Features:
- The food was decent, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2011The food was decent, but the service at dinner was terrible! The waiter took a very long time to come to the table and never even introduced himself. Our food came out a different times which left some in our party waiting 15 minutes before their entree was brought to the table. If the place was packed, I would be more understanding, but the crowds were light to moderate, which made it very difficult to understand the lack of service. Overall the food was good, but I will most likely not return due to the poor experience I had the last time I dined there.
- Poor ServiceBillDined on 9/30/2011The sushi is always excellent at Jasmines, but service this evening was dismal. We waited 30 minutes to get to our RESERVED table then waited ONE HOUR for our food. The manager explained they were short of help in the kitchen, but seemed to take no responsibility for not staffing for a busy Friday night. Many people there including the table next to us complained bitterly about the poor service. Let's hope this is a one off experience as this restaurant which is usually very enjoyable.
- should have read reviews firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011Needs new management. Current does not seem to be working out. Appetizers were not great. Sushi was not great. Hostess was not very amiable. No smiles on servers' faces whatsoever. No teamwork. Sushi came out with appetizers on the side. In need of remodeling. Overall, a waste of time and money.
- We have eaten at Jasmine severaluvadentDined on 9/17/2011We have eaten at Jasmine several times previously with good-excellent service and food quality. Its been over 6 months since we last ate there, and this time the experience was shockingly not good. The waiter was not friendly and not attentive even though the restaurant was slow at the time. He forgot about our appetizer and was very "short" with us when asking about drink and food items. The food itself was just ordinary....there are much better sushi/restaurant options in the area now. So I am not planning to return again.
- Hmmm, okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2011Prices are a bit much for a 5 piece shrimp tempura without rice, it's $18! I would only go occasionally, not really for everyday thing which makes it good for special occasions only, Also, it was a bit confusing to find since their signage was completely out. We thought they were closed!Special Features:
- Jasmine is a family favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2011Jasmine is a family favorite. We go at least 2-3 times a month. The food is excellent and the service is friendly an quick. The restaurant could use an update. Last time we were there half of the restaurant was bringing painted.Special Features:
- I found it was just OK. Theberyl1221VIPDined on 9/3/2011I found it was just OK. The server was totally disinterested but adequate. The place is tired looking and could use some sprucing up (Christmas wreaths on the wall still?). The food was good and delivered as I asked for it (no oil used in cooking) but I found some perking up of selections would help too.