300 Grove St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jardiniere.com/
- Phone: 4158615555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner reservations can be made Sun-Thurs: 5:00pm-9:00pm Fri and Sat: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Morgan Mueller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are available for lunch or dinner receptions through our special events manager, Nicole Yasinsac. email@example.com
A word from Jardiniere
Jardiniere, opened in 1997, is housed in a beautiful landmark building in San Francisco's chic Hayes Valley neighborhood. Highlights of the elegant setting include a gorgeous bar and stunning staircase. The highly refined and sensual food of Chef/Owner Traci Des Jardins is a celebration of Northern California's best seasonal bounty prepared with classic French technique. The J Lounge features a full list of specialty cocktails and wines, and offers a variety of creative lounge food and small plates. Its proximity to the theaters makes it an excellent place to dine before or after a show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Jardiniere reviews from OpenTable diners
283 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (211)fit for foodies (194)romantic (180)notable wine list (143)neighborhood gem (69)vibrant bar scene (55)hot spot (43)good for groups (33)late-night find (30)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Amazing truffle dishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Brought a friend from Italy to enjoy the seasonal truffles - and Camille exclaimed it was the best farrow pasta with white truffles she's ever had! And this is a woman who's traveled the world in style. Brava!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/18/2014Jardiniere was absolutely lovely. The atmosphere was warm and club like. The food was fabulous. We did the chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. Every morsel was better than the last. I can't even single any one thing out because everything was soooo good. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive and everyone was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and wines. Our waiter, Michael, was very personable and not in the least stuffy as some in higher end restaurants can be. He made our evening even more enjoyable. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- galtsgulchDined on 10/16/2014Great attention to the preparation, presentation and flavour profile of the menu items chosen. Service was professional, helpful, unobtrusive.Special Features:
- mona armstrongflygirlDined on 10/15/2014the food was as always great. the service was great the noise level was a bit much as I am partially deaf and its hard to hear my dining comppanion in a noisy room. the best thing about the meal was the mushroom tea. i would love to have the recipe.Special Features:
- bet for festive opera diningBravosVIPDined on 10/15/2014Best choice to create a romantic evening before the Symphony, Ballet or Opera. It sets the evening off to a great start, great dining experience and wonderful date night atmosphere. we love it.Special Features:
- LovelymccalmoVIPDined on 10/14/2014It's been around for a long time and it remains a great place to get outstanding food with friendly informed service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!gjdinesDined on 10/13/2014When I made he reservation I noted that is was for my wife's 40th birthday. When we checked in at the restaurant the greeter wished my wife happy birthday. Each employee that came to our table wished her happy birthday. We came on a Monday night where you have the option to get the 3-course meal for $55. Each course is paired with wine. Each course was excellent! I would highly recommend it! Our waters were always kept full. Our server was very friendly and she told us she was very happy working there. She said the chef/owner treats her employees very well. I was happy to hear that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- padcarVIPDined on 10/12/2014We go for dinner to Jardieniere often. This time the soup and appetizers were excellent. The pasta and risotto not to the standards we expect. The pasta was too salty. The service attentive as always!
- good atmosphere Ok foodyoshiloopDined on 10/12/2014I was looking for a good decor restaurant. it is small restaurant but nice atmosphere and very quiet. bit disappointed in dishes. portions are very small but that didn't bother me. they are french restaurant but sea urchin or risotto we've ordered didn't have good taste. not bad taste though not surprising good taste for the priceSpecial Features:
- Seriously?GoBartVIPDined on 10/11/2014Could not help but be disappointed with the experience at Jardiniere. The dishes were good, but there is no way they can justify the prices. The service was extremely slow. We waited at least 30 minutes between first and second course. The best thing about this restaurant is the decor. Go take a look at the cool bar, but don't waste your money. Shame on them.
- Excellent service!TomBDined on 10/10/2014Arrived early and seated early. Popular restaurant located next to Davies a Symphony Hall and War Memorial Opera House. Valet parking for the events at $15. Great menu. My wife had the risotto- slightly salty. I had the chicken which was delicious. Our server, Aaron, made this visit most memorable. Congenial, and thoughtful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014We have been dining here for several years and Jardiniere has been consistent in the quality of food and service. It will continue to be our choice before opera and symphony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DidierVIPDined on 10/9/2014Food was great, and sometimes you feel the level of noise is little bit high, but overall it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Pre Theater DinnerCateDined on 10/9/2014Superb dinner in all respects. Fantastic tomato polenta soup with goat cheese and croutons; duck with mole sauce also fantastic: both in presentation and in taste. Very knowledgeable servers; wine by the glass selection is pricey but terrific-- the French Pinot Noir (Fixin) was an outstanding match for the duck.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Tried the tasting menu. Was full by fourth course of wagyu beef. 3 complimentary dishes was a plus.impeccable serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014My wife and I made reservations before an opera at the War Memorial. The waiter's first question was, were we there for a show? So that he could make sure we got out on time. His table manner was personable and professional and a complete command of the menu and wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestPharmaphoodieDined on 10/7/2014Jardinare was exactly as billed, the best French restaurant outside of France. The Duck and Lamb was the best I have ever had and the service was second to none. I can't wait until my next experience at Jardinare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly perfectMooseDined on 10/7/2014I have given the maximum 5 stars, and would give more stars if such was possible. Weather cold and windy, we were ushered in before they were fully set up and seated in a luxurious ground floor area at the foot of the stairs. In short time were were accompanied to the balcony, given a "ringside" table for 2 overlooking the entire restaurant and bar. Zack suggested the perfect wine, mushroom tea and other prelims set the top notch meal experience. Lamb was tender and flavorful, all food presentation was outstanding. Five cheeses after meal were a real treat. Bravo to this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special diningSFFoodieDined on 10/5/2014You will be well taken care of while at an evening at Jardiniere. Excellent food, beautifully presented, and delicious tasting. Each dish coming out with great anticipation, well paced meal, and just enough. Everything one could ask for during a special occasion.Special Features:
- The best way to end our SF tripcmola77Dined on 10/4/2014Got a recommendation from a friend regarding Jardiniere. It was exactly what we were hoping for. Great dinner, awesome wine list plus desert. The staff was outstanding and being able to use OpenTable to review the bill and pay was awesome.Special Features:
- Excellent food near Civic CtrJohnBVIPDined on 10/4/2014Jardiniere is an upscale California style restaurant near Opera and Symphony. Food is impeccably prepared - service is excellent - and you often find unique offerings on the menu. Examples - on our recent visit we tried smoked salmon with avocado for starters and ended up with hazelnut mousse for dessert. Both were excellent and I don't believe you will find either on anyone else's menu. Jardiniere is pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Pre-Opera DiningFabulousFoodie58Dined on 10/4/2014As was evidenced by the numerous diners waiting out front minutes before 5:00PM when I arrived, Jardiniere is certainly the dining location of choice of opera fans. The ambience, food and service do not disappoint and in fact are superb. Our waitperson had perfect pitch with regard to her level of oversight and her suggestions. The sommelier was wonderful as was the person who seated us. Dining here prior to viewing a magnificent operatic performance makes for a truly idyllic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very High End dinningcbreedDined on 9/27/2014expensive but truly worth it. The tasting menu was great.Special Features:
- Dining1234Dined on 9/27/2014This was excellent dining close to the opera and symphony. The service was wonderful, as was the food. Ajnd the first thing they ask is if you're attending either the symphony or opera so they get you there on time. Also, you can valet park your car there for the entire evening, an added plus. And the restaurant itself is beautiful I highly recommend Jardiniere.Special Features:
- DelightfulMissPinkDined on 9/26/2014Jardiniere was a delightful experience. All around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCheersDined on 9/25/2014We enjoyed every portion of the menu and a selection of fine wines paired with our meal. Valet parking only; $15.00 due to very limited on street spots available. Portion sizes were prefect for the number of courses eaten. Not a bad bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoopCoopVIPDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful food, service and ambiance, always. Owned and well managed by same people since opening and repeat business constantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service not so greatWickedVIPDined on 9/25/2014I've been to Jardiniere a few times and do enjoy the food there. With recent visits the service seems to be going down hill. Our waiter this time was not attentive and when he was helping us very impersonal and not friendly. Our sommelier on the other hand was very nice, professional, knowledgable and friendly. I was happy she offset the poor service our waiter have us that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PerfectDined on 9/24/2014What can I say Jard just delivers I have eaten here before and should eat here more often. The place is the whole package we were welcomed right when we arrived. Had a wonderful drink at the bar with a friendly bartender. Then moved upstairs for dinner and what a dinner it was everything was spot on. The food was awesome and the service matched the food. We also did the wine pairing and it complemented the food every time. Beautiful space, delicious food, great service and wonderful wine. What else can I say but Awesome Awesome Awesome!Special Features:
- Always exceeds expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/24/2014I've been coming here for years and have always had fantastic food, wine and cocktails. Service is what sets Jardiniere apart from other outstanding restaurants. Staff are friendly, warm and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Congenial atmosphere.FastForwardDined on 9/22/2014If you want to make someone feel special, this is the go-to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great evening. From the ambiance, to the food and the service all went perfectly. We've been before and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but hopefully the lastbetbezejDined on 9/19/2014I've long been a fan of Jardiniere. The food is wonderful, the ambiance is perfect for any occasion, and the service perfect. That service was noticeably lacking last Friday night before the opera. Even though the staff was aware of our 7:30 curtain, the long delay after our 1st course left us with 30 minutes to finish the meal. The lead server never stopped by to explain the delay or apologize until I flagged him. Well aware of our curtain time he even added that we might have time for dessert - if we hurried... It was no busier than it's ever been when symphony and opera are in season, and staffing seemed at full force so I'm not sure what went wrong. I'll return again but it's the first strike against my favorite SF restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Mehmmsf1987VIPDined on 9/18/2014For the prices they charge, I didn't find the food to be very interesting. Service was excessively attentive.Special Features:
- iluvfoodDined on 9/17/2014After the show, table for two birthday celebration dinner. We were welcomed with open door, they knew who we were, and from there treated like royalty. Chose the paring dinner. Wines perfect with 8 course chef selected meal. Our favorite and would be requested as a last supper was the Tuna an Wagyu Striploin. The taste still lingers... impeccable evening impeccable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyable!veroVIPDined on 9/16/2014We dine here regularly. Perhaps because this was a Tuesday evening, my "vegetarian" selection was very, very salty and a lot of oil was used in the salad. May be a different chef during the week. However, the experience is always a positive, wait staff excellent! Wine selection excellent!Special Features:
- Fantastic foodHoneymoonersDined on 9/15/2014Food and wine both fantastic and very good value (Monday night fixed price menu). Service from our main waiter was slow and stuffy although host, bar staff and other waiters all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Monday NightssfjeffDined on 9/15/2014I went for the Monday night pre-set menu, and it was fantastic. Totally worth doing.Special Features:
- Still at the top of their gameWhiskeySteveDined on 9/15/2014Went to the 17th anniversary of Jardinière. I cannot say enough about how the food was just perfect. First course: Duck Confit Salad. Nobody does duck better than Traci. (I was at the closing of Fleur de Lys and they had duck and it was on the rubbery side.) Second course: 10 hour short rib. SOOO tender and flavorful, no knife needed. Served with potato mousseline and consommé. Out of this world. Third course: Apple tart. Awesome. Service was, as always, impeccable. (Michael- server 1071, and Joanna at the bar.) I have been enjoying le Jardinière since 2004 when I worked in the area. I've been to all of the top restaurants in SF, and TDJ and company are still THE BEST.Special Features:
- Hawaii28VIPDined on 9/14/2014Chef has not miss a beat. It has been years since I have been here but the food is still outstanding and the service was even betterSpecial Features: