300 Grove St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jardiniere.com/
- Phone: 4158615555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner reservations can be made Sun-Thurs: 5:00pm-9:00pm Fri and Sat: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Morgan Mueller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are available for lunch or dinner receptions through our special events manager, Nicole Yasinsac. firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Jardiniere
Jardiniere, opened in 1997, is housed in a beautiful landmark building in San Francisco's chic Hayes Valley neighborhood. Highlights of the elegant setting include a gorgeous bar and stunning staircase. The highly refined and sensual food of Chef/Owner Traci Des Jardins is a celebration of Northern California's best seasonal bounty prepared with classic French technique. The J Lounge features a full list of specialty cocktails and wines, and offers a variety of creative lounge food and small plates. Its proximity to the theaters makes it an excellent place to dine before or after a show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Jardiniere reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (214)fit for foodies (196)romantic (183)notable wine list (144)neighborhood gem (68)vibrant bar scene (60)hot spot (39)good for groups (31)late-night find (30)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Very High End dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014expensive but truly worth it. The tasting menu was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was excellent dining close to the opera and symphony. The service was wonderful, as was the food. Ajnd the first thing they ask is if you're attending either the symphony or opera so they get you there on time. Also, you can valet park your car there for the entire evening, an added plus. And the restaurant itself is beautiful I highly recommend Jardiniere.Special Features:
- DelightfulMissPinkDined on 9/26/2014Jardiniere was a delightful experience. All around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCheersDined on 9/25/2014We enjoyed every portion of the menu and a selection of fine wines paired with our meal. Valet parking only; $15.00 due to very limited on street spots available. Portion sizes were prefect for the number of courses eaten. Not a bad bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoopCoopVIPDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful food, service and ambiance, always. Owned and well managed by same people since opening and repeat business constantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PerfectDined on 9/24/2014What can I say Jard just delivers I have eaten here before and should eat here more often. The place is the whole package we were welcomed right when we arrived. Had a wonderful drink at the bar with a friendly bartender. Then moved upstairs for dinner and what a dinner it was everything was spot on. The food was awesome and the service matched the food. We also did the wine pairing and it complemented the food every time. Beautiful space, delicious food, great service and wonderful wine. What else can I say but Awesome Awesome Awesome!Special Features:
- Always exceeds expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/24/2014I've been coming here for years and have always had fantastic food, wine and cocktails. Service is what sets Jardiniere apart from other outstanding restaurants. Staff are friendly, warm and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Congenial atmosphere.FastForwardDined on 9/22/2014If you want to make someone feel special, this is the go-to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great evening. From the ambiance, to the food and the service all went perfectly. We've been before and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but hopefully the lastbetbezejDined on 9/19/2014I've long been a fan of Jardiniere. The food is wonderful, the ambiance is perfect for any occasion, and the service perfect. That service was noticeably lacking last Friday night before the opera. Even though the staff was aware of our 7:30 curtain, the long delay after our 1st course left us with 30 minutes to finish the meal. The lead server never stopped by to explain the delay or apologize until I flagged him. Well aware of our curtain time he even added that we might have time for dessert - if we hurried... It was no busier than it's ever been when symphony and opera are in season, and staffing seemed at full force so I'm not sure what went wrong. I'll return again but it's the first strike against my favorite SF restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Mehmmsf1987VIPDined on 9/18/2014For the prices they charge, I didn't find the food to be very interesting. Service was excessively attentive.Special Features:
- iluvfoodDined on 9/17/2014After the show, table for two birthday celebration dinner. We were welcomed with open door, they knew who we were, and from there treated like royalty. Chose the paring dinner. Wines perfect with 8 course chef selected meal. Our favorite and would be requested as a last supper was the Tuna an Wagyu Striploin. The taste still lingers... impeccable evening impeccable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyable!veroVIPDined on 9/16/2014We dine here regularly. Perhaps because this was a Tuesday evening, my "vegetarian" selection was very, very salty and a lot of oil was used in the salad. May be a different chef during the week. However, the experience is always a positive, wait staff excellent! Wine selection excellent!Special Features:
- Fantastic foodHoneymoonersDined on 9/15/2014Food and wine both fantastic and very good value (Monday night fixed price menu). Service from our main waiter was slow and stuffy although host, bar staff and other waiters all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Monday NightssfjeffDined on 9/15/2014I went for the Monday night pre-set menu, and it was fantastic. Totally worth doing.Special Features:
- Still at the top of their gameWhiskeySteveDined on 9/15/2014Went to the 17th anniversary of Jardinière. I cannot say enough about how the food was just perfect. First course: Duck Confit Salad. Nobody does duck better than Traci. (I was at the closing of Fleur de Lys and they had duck and it was on the rubbery side.) Second course: 10 hour short rib. SOOO tender and flavorful, no knife needed. Served with potato mousseline and consommé. Out of this world. Third course: Apple tart. Awesome. Service was, as always, impeccable. (Michael- server 1071, and Joanna at the bar.) I have been enjoying le Jardinière since 2004 when I worked in the area. I've been to all of the top restaurants in SF, and TDJ and company are still THE BEST.Special Features:
- Hawaii28VIPDined on 9/14/2014Chef has not miss a beat. It has been years since I have been here but the food is still outstanding and the service was even betterSpecial Features:
- Jardiniere Tasting MenujmkfDined on 9/14/2014The tasting menu was superb - however as we were treated to SO MANY amuse bouches (thank you Chef!) the two ladies in the group were not able to eat every single course! The gentleman enjoyed everything and all of us cleaned our plates for the first 4 courses! The tuna was a little salty, otherwise it was a superb meal. We are more accustomed to smaller portions in tasting mebus we have tried around the world. At Jardiniere the portions (particularly in the meat courses) were a little too large. The service was attentive and yet non-intrusive. Just what we like. Bravo and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True French Theme at Jardiniereopentabler7VIPDined on 9/14/2014Just got back from France and Paris dining and this really has the true French spirit and taste. I was here years ago and loved it and finally returned. Exquisite tomato salad and short rib and perfect dessert. Great wines and cocktail lists. Very friendly professional service. They just passed their 17th anniversary on Monday. I hope they continue many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasioniheartsf415Dined on 9/13/2014Spent a memorable dinner for my mom's 80th Birthday. Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. Our server was full of knowledge, very kind and down-to-earth. We had a few "compliments from the chef" tastings that surprised us, and everything that we had on our palate knocked us out the park, and left us blown away. I would love to recommend this place to anyone who is celebrating something special - a big birthday, an engagement, a wedding anniversary, etc. Ambience was so beautiful with warm lighting and the dome ceiling that resembles the sky... Thank you Traci des Jardins, Matt and Morgan, and all of the crucial staff that make this place stunning in so many different ways.Special Features:
- SlippingThatsItVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food was just ok.Not great, not bad..For the price the food has to be better. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Great Service Trumps Odd MenuLeimyDined on 9/10/2014Had been a while since visiting Jardiniere and found the format changes to the menu were a bit challenging. There were fewer appetizer options (and we like ordering a bunch of different appetizers), and the range of entrees seemed narrower. My friend and I were hard pressed to find something appealing (not too heavy before an opera). The waiter, however, explained some of the appetizers a bit more fully and we were delighted with the few choices he highlighted and some of the side dishes proved more like appetizers. Had he not intervened, we might not be recommending a visit to friends. So the lesson here is to ask for help. The wait staff is very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- JardiniereKiwiDined on 9/6/2014Poor service, great food- that which arrived! Disappointing after the commentary on this restaurant.
- Does not get much betterStanleyDined on 9/6/2014As always, food was a real delight and suggested wine pairings were spot-on. My roasted duck combo was superb, rest of the party was happy with their plates too. Will be back - my daughter is yet to try that bacon-wrapped rabbit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment from old favorite...PamelaJVIPDined on 9/6/2014Up to this visit, Jardiniere was one of our favorites, especially for dinner before the theater. I'm not sure what happened, but the service this time was substandard and the food was just okay. The desserts were great, but the entrées and sides, in particular, were ho hum. In the past, the service has been exceptional (even with a theater crowd on a Saturday night), but this time we had to remind them about my husband's cocktail, we never got asked if we wanted seconds on bread, we had to waive a waiter down to ask for coffee refills (and it was really hard to get their attention), and we were given the check about an hour before the theater without being asked how things were, if we wanted anything more, etc. Not sure if we'll return.
- Stressful dining for Opening NightDonfVIPDined on 9/5/2014Once again Jardiniere was a major disappointment on opening night of the Opera. The food quality has certainly improved and the number and professionalism of the servers was outstanding. But on a night when management knows the house will be full and the kitchen is going to get slammed, a great kitchen staff will make sure everyone is fed in a very timely manner. Waiting an hour and ten minutes for an entree is absurd. This is the second Opera Opening Night the kitchen has made the dining experience a nail biter. Sorry, love the space, the service staff is now great, but because of a poorly managed kitchen the experience was very stressful, once again. Sorry, but for me two stressful experiences is one too many.Special Features:
- Great service!slwilsonVIPDined on 9/4/2014We love this restaurant, but unfortunately the salmon was over-cooked and the hen pasta was a little plain. The stuffed rabbit was amazing. Service, drinks, and cheese plate were as good as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wear Something Warm Tho'gslover60VIPDined on 9/3/2014We began with caipirinhas, which aren't on the menu but our request was immediately greeted with "Of course." The caipirinhas were excellent, as was the wine we chose. Warm delicious bread was placed on the table within a few minutes of our being seated. I had the tuna crude with horseradish sauce and it was the best tuna I can recall eating. I followed with a pasta dish of chanterelle mushrooms and pork. Often pasta dishes taste alike, but the pasta dish my husband had differed completely, although both were excellent.Special Features:
- exquisite and specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014The food at Jardiniere is always a huge treat. Every morsel is perfectly prepared and the service is attentive and kindly. The ambience always feels festive.Special Features:
- weird eveningnigel54Dined on 8/31/2014No one on check in desk, get own drinks from bar. After seated 20 mins before server arrived. The place was quiet so why? Only one first course arrived. Of the 4 main courses on offer one was off as we were told 30 mins into the meal. Second courses arrived without the side orders, they came after we finished. Wine waiter invited one of our party to taste the wine and then did not bother to ask if fine before pouring out to all The food when it arrived was good but just totally unacceptable management.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerEricDined on 8/31/2014Did the tasting menu, which was great and comparatively well priced. Upstairs along the railing there are several great tables for two. Sommelier was great too.Special Features:
- hhamDined on 8/31/2014very helpful staff - starting with my calling in both late for the reservation and lost- with accomodating me and giving great directions the wine list is extensive and lovely the food wonderful. my dinner partner is vegetarian and had a wide choice too gorgeous setting with balcony seating over the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take a date!OpsmanDined on 8/30/2014The service is impeccable! The best! The food was fantastic and presentation was very well done. I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a higher standard of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtackedImprovingDined on 8/30/2014We were reviewing the cocktail and wine list and we accosted by a woman. Not sure if she was the sommelier or manager - for us to make a selection. She really disrupted a nice evening. In contrast, the waiter was great and very helpful. The entrees were terrific, except the chicken was unremarkable- I expected more. The deserts were over engineered. Too many competing flavors/textures. I hope it was an off night, because previous dinners have been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingly ConsistentMITONELOVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food at each course. Made sure that every diner had some food in front of them at each course. Timely wine service/refills.Special Features:
- Fabulous MealHaveForkWillTravelVIPDined on 8/30/2014I hadn't eaten here in years, and now I wonder why I didn't eat here sooner. Tremendous meal, greate service and excellent wine list.Special Features:
- FantasticLuvwineVIPDined on 8/27/2014What a pleasant experience in this elegant restaurant. Everyone knew the food and wine, they were great.Special Features:
- Perfect!FancnanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Rarely do my husband and I feel like we have a perfect meal. Well, this was it! It started the moment we entered the restaurant and continued until we left. Perfect food and service. Friendly but not intrusive wait staff. This is definitely on the same level as Danko's and the other find restaurants of San Francisco and the wine country. We got the tasting menu and wine flights which are expensive, but in the right price range for this kind of restaurant. We'll be back!Special Features:
- CustomerGiantsFanDined on 8/24/2014While the food was good, portions are small and selection limited. Our waiter was terrible, very affected, condescending and spoke fast, like he was reading from a script, such that he was hard to understand. He detracted from the experience so much that I will probably not choose this restaurant in the future. I was the one in our group of 6 that picked this restaurant, and was embarrassed by the experience. High prices for a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great food, but bad & weird & slowBilly2013VIPDined on 8/22/2014As above, Traci gone all the time nowadays, so really bad & slow & weird & disjointed service. Waiter awkward & disappeared most of evening :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.