2430 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.melrosehoteldc.com/washington-dc-restaurants.aspx
- Phone: 2029553863x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nate Lindsay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: we offer banquet rooms and are willing to close the restaurant for private functions up to 80 people
- Private Party Contact: William Rabil x
A word from Jardenea
Jardenea is a freshly new, “Farm to Fork Concept,” that practices sustainable environmentally friendly techniques. Our goal is to bring a better awareness of food, health, and well-being to your life while insuring to leave the land a better place for the next generation. We strive to give the complete dining experience with not only the cuisine but our signature cocktails and our seasonally changed wine list. The Cuisine that we create is globally influenced and locally produced whenever possible. Our chefs have a deep appreciation for farm fresh products but also realize these products could come at a great cost and leave a large carbon footprint. While keeping this in the forefront we only source products from the finest farms, fisheries, foragers and artisans that believe in the same vision. The menus are changes with the season and reflect the regional flavors to maximize freshness and minimize the carbon footprint.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jardenea reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (7)romantic (7)special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent Food and ServiceDebfromDCVIPDined on 9/28/2014Came here for the first time with several business colleagues. The service and the food were wonderful. Our server Joe was one the best servers I've had in DC in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinnerOregonDuckDined on 9/9/2014Beautiful presentation, fresh ingredients, nice range of options. Scene was quiet so we were actually able to hold a conversation without shouting, and the service was prompt and friendly. It was a really pleasant experience.Special Features:
- JardeneaPeteVIPDined on 9/9/2014A very good hotel restaurant. They stress their farm-to-table background. We didn't see that highlighted when we ate there, but we still enjoyed a very good meal. The menu on Open Table had changed when we sat at the restaurant...not entirely unusual. There's lots of dining competition in the neighborhood. So, overall a good restaurant and a pleasant evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!salsaloverDined on 8/17/2014I went to this place for restaurant week because it looked new and had good reviews. I was very impressed with the food and the chef was very accommodating given my special diet. I loved every single dish I ordered and what my husband ordered. I would definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningcalypsoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Solid performance given by the team at Jardenea. Fish was perfectly cooked (lamb slightly over cooked, but still tasty!), recommendation on wine was spot on. Staff was helpful without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Surprising for locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014Not often that you find a really nice restaurant in a hotel, but this is one. Farm to fork, and done very well.Special Features:
- LiloVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was the first time we dine at Jardenea, we reserved our table early so we can go to the Kennedy Centre for a show. We got confuse reaching there, since there's no sign for the place, we got greeted and seated, we did explained about the timing. Food came on time, little salty (Crab Soup) but entrees were delicious, service was impeccable (first time in DC that our water glasses never got emptied), Wine list was great but the Sommelier shared with us a seasonal bottles that was not on menu, we had it and loved it. Thank you, you will definitely see us again.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC! Great find!CinnayDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I were going to be in DC for the night to see a show at the Kennedy Center. We booked a room at the Melrose Georgetown Hotel specifically because we liked the offerings on the menu at Jardenea. They had what appeared to be very high quality ingredients with many options available for gluten-free diners like myself. Their menu specifically states that they are accommodating of individual dietary needs, so we were hopeful. We were NOT disappointed. The food, the service, and the atmosphere were all perfect. Our waiter, checked specifically with me about my food allergies, as did the manager. We found the service to be friendly and the food… as fresh as it gets! We went back for breakfast the next morning.. again, fantastic!Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!LadyZDined on 6/25/2014Food was great, service was fabulous and menu was terrific. We had a great waiter, great appetizer (avocado with crab), amazing dinner (sea bass) and terrific drinks too! Hotel has a great feel; restaurant is tucked away but really cool look and vibe and the service was impeccable. Try it out, great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiloVIPDined on 6/21/2014First time there and we enjoyed the quality of farm to table concept, food was little salty for me but very tasty, we enjoyed our dinner and we will come back. Service was very good and efficient,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLiloVIPDined on 6/19/2014Second time we visited the place and had a great experience, thus t I me we sat outside, weather was very nice and we enjoyed every bite, soup was a bit salty but salmon and filet came out perfect, professional service and great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Jardenea reviews archive.
- LiloVIPDined on 5/27/2014Great find that my husband found, it took us a while to find it, lack of signage, but when we did everything went smoothly. The service was very professional and courteous, wine list is accommodating to both of our tastes and a special help from manager we found a great one, the food was well presented but a bit salty, when manager asked about the food we told him and he insisted on getting a us a sweet treat, it was a very nice gesture. For appetizers we had the bisque and goat cheese salad, for entrée we had the duck and the beef (husband loved the beef). We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014Good only if a quiet venue is one's top priority. We spent over two hours, virtually alone. Food (a seafood Cobb salad) was at best mediocre -- unimaginative with mostly wilted ingredients. Good thing we weren't in a hurry because service was desultory. The price/value ratio was almost infinite. Never again....
- Interesting FoundLiloVIPDined on 5/14/2014We found the place through the internet so we decided to pay a visit. Wondered about 5 minutes to figure out where's the place located, no signage, anyway, we got greeted and sat by the Director, we were a bit worried since we were the only 2 people there, not even few more minutes the place got busier, anyway the service was beyond excellent, we love the combination of food, the Crab Tian was amazingly good, but the soup was salty, Entree were delicious as good as it was described, we had the Filet and the Salmon and both came out perfect. We had a good experience and we would come back again but tell the chef easy on the saltSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereGlobalCitizenDined on 5/12/2014Booked a group business dinner at Jardenea because it was convenient and the time was right. The hotel lobby, bar and decor was what attracted me. The menu was innovative, the service was professional and the presentation of the food left with me high expectations. I have to admit the wine was better than the food and that seemed to be a group consensus. But, it was clear that every other attempt to compete with other notable restaurants was being made. I admired the service and the courtesies extended. Almost there.Special Features:
- Great food. Ok serviceBigredDined on 5/10/2014We were impressed by the quality of the food. Both fish entrees and the crab and avacado appetizer were exceptional. The cocktails were delicious. The service was however lacking. The restaurant was understaffed which led to gaps in service throughout the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will returnMarieDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant was selected for several reasons: 1. it had very good reviews, 2. conveniently located to the Kennedy Ctr, and 3. Valet service is $5 when you dine there. Although the menu is limited, the quality in preparation and presentation was appreciated. The wine list was also limited because several selections were no longer available; list had not been updated. Service was splendid. We arrived early, were seated and attended to rapidly. During our time there, noise level was very low. All in all, it provides a satisfying dining spot before going to the theatre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Excellent ServiceALSnycVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very nice place with excellent service. Had great rockfish crusted with coriander. It is in the Melros Hotel which makes the ambience a little harder but they do a great job with fresh local food. Try the avocado and crab and some of the Virginia wines.Special Features:
- Delicious and DelightfulRestaurantAdventurerVIPDined on 5/3/2014I was a lone diner looking for something tasty in the DC area and came upon Jardenea on OpenTable/Yelp. I'm glad I did, because I was one of only a few tables in the restaurant (hidden in a hotel), and the food and service were excellent! The hot rolls were fresh and tasty, and I'm pretty sure they knew I was coming because the dish I got had all my favorites: Duo of duck confit with a good portion of duck and 3 fried duck raviolis, crunchy brussel sprouts, and a few delicate garnishes. I gobbled everything up and was too full to try the very tempting s'mores dessert. Would come back here again. It's an unassuming place, but a hidden gem in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appreciate farm to forkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/2/2014I'm a huge fan of farm to fork and needed to find a place for 6 people on a Friday night at the last minute. For the price, I wish the food had been a little better. I do appreciate the concept. If the prices were a bit lower or the food were a bit better then it would be worth it.Special Features:
- Great Flavors, Deceiving LookOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/1/2014The food was tasty and the portions right. Server was inattentive, but friendly. Not many folks there on a Thursday eve - made one wonder why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014Great food. It was a real find in dc. Not a huge place but really wonderful to talk and great happy hour and valet parking a huge convenience.Special Features:
- Great kithen and empty dining roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Came over for a business dinner, was surprised by finding the place absolutely empty, but even more surprised by absolutely outstanding food that was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is what dining out should be!lisaDined on 4/13/2014Excellent service, incredible tapas, fun atmosphere. I only wish I could have eaten more because there were so many awesome choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLiloVIPDined on 4/13/2014Good food with an amazing service, we had crab tian and caesor (loved the presentation on the caesor), for entrée we had Seabass and Filet, filet is very tender, tasty and well seasoned, the seabass was good but my partner didn't like the grits. Service did exceeded our expectation, it was a busy Saturday, servers and managers were on top of it. the wine list is very impressive with some great prices (Chimney Rock Cab for cheap price), anyway, we will definitely come back and spread the word. Thanks to Jose, Zsolt and the Director (I think William)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a treat!AliDDined on 4/10/2014I took myself out to dinner (just me) while I was in Washington, DC, and, after some research, chose Jardenea. What a great choice. It was early and I was alone in the restaurant and the wait staff really took care of me. Plus, the food was fabulous: fresh, well-prepared and delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Hidden gem - thank you OpenTable!ShardedeDined on 4/8/2014I found Jardenea on OpenTable when looking to make a reservation at Founding Farmer's in DC. OpenTable showed nearby restaurants and Jardenea sounded perfect, with a fresh, seasonal,"farm to fork" menu. We had a wonderful meal, everyone was raving over the food. The prices were reasonable for such high quality, averaging just under $30 per entree. Appetizers, desserts, drinks, and service were all excellent. They have vegetarian, gluten-free and can accommodate vegan. If you aren't looking for Jardenea, you won't know it's there... and maybe even if you are! It's located inside the Melrose Hotel, and even when walking in, there are no signs telling you where it is! I hope they pick up advertising, because they deserve incredible success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All Around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Great food. I had the sea bass which was outstanding. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the foodLiloVIPDined on 3/14/2014Went there with some friends and we enjoyed every moment in there, at first the location is inside Melrose hotel, there's no signs so prepare to look or ask where's the place. Service was excellent, the food took time to come out but once it did, it was actually nice and worth the wait, managers came out and checked on us few times, water always refilled and wine were terrific. The place was a bit busy, so we didn't not felt like we were rushed on anything. We liked the place and we are planning to visit in near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't see a sign out frontSnowmomVIPDined on 3/12/2014Didn't see a sign out front and very quiet once we found our way in. Some interesting choices on tme menu and our dinners from sea bass to risotto were very good.Special Features:
- Loved itLiloVIPDined on 2/21/2014Great Food, Great Service, enjoyed every moment of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchGeorgeDined on 2/21/2014We work few blocks away from the place. from reviews on Yelp and OT we decided to pay Jardenea a visit. Little odd to have a Restaurant with no signage and don't know where it's located, but when we arrived at Melrose hotel, doorman walked us to restaurant . got greeted with server who gave us menus and asked for drinks, menu is small (not use to it) but we found what we need with few suggestion from server. Food came out on time and service was perfectly executed, manager pass by and thanked us for the business (that was nice) but the four stars for the food was the soup (oily and salty not my type).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and ambience wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/17/2014The service and ambience were great! We loved the whole "look" of the restaurant & bar - would love to go back for happy hour. Food at lunch time was ok, We had the crab bisque soup - too much olive oil and I had the mussels - they were ok. The fish and chips looked a little over cooked.
- Painfully understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014Took a chance on a recommendation and at first sight, was not clear we were there. No sign, no mention that it is within a hotel nor anywhere other than the street address. No one greeted us and after finding someone, waited for them to set up table for 15 minutes, then was unclear who was serving us. When we requested water, only half the glasses were filled, when we requested a server, different people appeared periodically and our order was not taken until well after an hour after our reservation. If we were not otherwise occupied meeting an old friend, I would have left. The only saving grace was that the food and coffee were not bad at all, but we were also starving by the time we ate. Would advise to hire and train some staff.
- Not as romantic..unimpressedVIPDined on 2/14/2014The space is awkward; feels like they placed a restaurant in a foyer area. The lighting is soft in spots while other tables seem to be lit up with a spotlight; very bright and unromantic. Many guest asked for a new table after they were first sat. Plus there is a draft of cold air from the front hotel entrance. The food was pretty good, but not worth the price... Neither were the stomach cramps that my girlfriend and I got after eating the same prix fixe menu. The experience was okay and the service was attentive, but we won't be going back.
- Subpar...DinerDined on 2/14/2014Food is decent, ambiance is a bit akward, tables were being set up/moved in front very loudly on Valentines Day, 8:30PM, Friday night. But the service... the service is without a doubt the worst. Server tried to clear my first course 5, I repeat 5 times before I was even close to finished. My water was empty, my bottle of champagne was not in the ice bucket that was promised to be "on the way", we ran out of butter, and he kept going for the plates. The only thing on the table that did not require his attention. This happened on every course. He then tried to sell another bottle of champagne to us while both glasses were full? I am used to and expect to receive subpar service/food on a restaurant week prix fixe, but this is Valentines Day.
- Valentine's Day Mandatory MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014When we read the reviews from Open Table as foodies we were excited to go for Valentine's day. When we made the reservation Open Table didn't advise us that they would have 5 course mandatory menu. The restaurant called and didn't mention that fact either. My fiancée doesn't eat shellfish and there were three dishes that had shellfish that she couldn't eat. Not to mention that the meal costs $90 per person so we felt like we didn't get our money's worth. We were excited about going but not sure we are going to return because of our experience.Special Features:
- Very impressedDcDanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Even on a busy night, they were extremely attentive and also very accommodating of a vegetarian. The food was excellent. The asparagus and crab meat cigars were amazing. My partner said the tenderloin was perfect, just falling off the bone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place,LiloVIPDined on 2/13/2014Great place, located in Melrose hotel, (missing signage). Food is delicious, we had avocado crab salad and it was great, crab soup is mediocre, need a bit work on that, salmon came out on time and well presented, beef is perfectly done. We chatted with Manager, great wine list, he recommended few options and we loved the choices. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and nice portions.RobertDined on 2/8/2014Good service and nice portions. The bread was fantastic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.