8225 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thejar.com/
- Phone: 3236556566x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday, 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Tracht
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jar comes to you! From intimate dinners for eight to large scale events for 200, we freshly prepare and serve your Jar favorites in the comfort of your own home, office or special event venue. Our professionally trained catering team has years of special event experience and know-how. And, we are ready to handle every facet of your event. Everything with the attention to detail and personalized service that you expect from Suzanne Tracht and her team! Give us a call or drop us a line for more details.
A word from Jar
Jar, the highly acclaimed restaurant by Chef Suzanne Tracht, is a modern day chophouse which fares great appetizers and salads, a la carte Broilers & Roasts, Braises & Sautes, supplemented by an array of sides and sauces, and dessert. Chef Suzanne Tracht and Chef de Cuisine Preech Narkthong continue to create a contemporary American cuisine with dishes that appeal to everyone. The room is infused with the artistry and flair of a 1940's Supper Club and the signature dishes have brought rave reviews for almost a decade. Be sure to join us for a stylish Brunch menu every Sunday, or a last minute dinner at Jar Bar / Lounge. Check our website for menus and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Jar reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (32)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)hot spot (10)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AwesomeMarkmanVIPDined on 10/20/2014Went for a special dinner as Jar was doing a Pre-fix 3 course Monday deal.... Food was OUTSTANDING, service great! This is a wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- quesaxaVIPDined on 10/19/2014The Pot Roast Hash is extraordinary (although the pot roast, the star of the dish, sometimes gets lost in all the other food)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014i have never had a bad meal here and they have the best banana cream pie i have ever had on the dessert menu! everything is delicious, the service is professional and unobtrusive. the decor is simple and the lighting dim. always a lovely experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAPhilattendeeVIPDined on 10/16/2014Jar is always a hit, on spot, and a sure-fire thing after all these years...Special Features:
- Very swankydavid515VIPDined on 10/10/2014Great steaks. Feels like a place I'd take GM guys from 1953.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestHollywoodFoodieDined on 10/2/2014I have been to JAR multiple times and have never been disappointed. Every item was delicious and beautifully presented!Special Features:
- Way too loudCannothearyouDined on 10/1/2014Food and service was outstanding, but one loud group of people makes the entire room unbearably loud and uncomfortable. Way too noisy!
- Great experience all around!grouchoarnVIPDined on 9/27/2014First time at Jar, but it won't be the last. Great service from the moment we walked in and were greeted warmly by the hostess. The drinks before dinner were accented with the potato chips and sour cream/horseradish sauce. Excellent service at dinner and all dishes were perfectly prepared. The bone-in ribeye steak was amazing! This is a restaurant which paid attention to every detail. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Jarsandler01Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and enjoyed it very much food and service made for a wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyJdsearcherVIPDined on 9/26/2014All was great except forward the noise level. Very difficult to hold a conversation with out companions. Also took way too long to be served.Special Features:
- Great steaks, great roomOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Always a perennial classic, I keep forgetting how perfect and great the room and service is. It's the reason it's so busy so many years later...Special Features:
- So you want to relax and chat?jcsuperstar333Dined on 9/24/2014I enjoy the food at JAR very much and have been a fan since Tracht's in Long Beach days. Unfortunately, the noise level is terrible in JAR. Not so much caused by the people, but more the acoustics. If you want to be heard you scream, and everyone was screaming to be heard across the table. I enjoy good service as much as the next person, but I do not like waiters and busboys who grab your plate out from under you and are in a constant rush to clear the table. The evening was anything but relaxing. We went for Rosh Hashana and are sorry we did.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food was wonderful. The prime steak was the best in a long while.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/21/2014We went for Sunday brunch. Had the pot roast hash and the lobster Benedict. Both were excellent. Very flavorful. With such good food, the place should be more crowded. Possibly it is a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surpriseLAGourmetVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic food and service. Amazing flavor -- particularly the halibut special, the brussel sprouts and the salted carmel butterscotch pudding. Jonathan Gold of the L.A. Times had it in his top 30....it's higher in my bookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but PriceyMikeDined on 9/12/2014I have wanted to try this place for a while now. Went the other night with a friend and enjoyed the time there. My only issue was the price. Dinner for 2 with one drink each was $190 without a tip. That is just crazy. Will probably not go back but if you enjoy good food without a concern for the tab..by all means go.Special Features:
- highly overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014This is an unexceptional place, not worth the money.
- Food was excellentCpfreeDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was very simple inside but the food was qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Incredibly overpriced for what it is... delicious meat, but everything else did not meet my standards. I expected much more from this restaurant. I will never come back!Special Features:
- Best of the weekend!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014The food is truly chef inspired! There were four of us and each person voted Jar's food the best of the weekend.( and we had a weekend of good food) Deviled eggs with crab, excellent start. The Pot Roast, the duck fried rice, the lobster coctail....the butterscotch salted carmel... you name it, it was awesome. We would be back to try all the other menu items we didn't eat on this trip. Service was A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jargusmanDined on 8/31/2014I have eaten at Jar since it opened, although its been a year since i was last there. While its always been good, this recent visit was remarkable. We were 6 people and ordered quite a lot of food, and very diversified. While it has a certain reputation for its meats the other dishes we had, especially the fish special was beyond anything we could hope for. It was also my wife's birthday and she loved it, as did our guests. I also wanted to mention the service was outstanding, and the staff made us feel even more special.We are big foodies and continue to try all the new places popping up in LA, at the end of the day Jar remains a favorite. Its definitely a go to place foe me today and most probably in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasha57Dined on 8/30/2014I love eating at Jar and go there for special occasions. The pot roast was excellent as well as the side dishes. The salads were a little disappointing. The Caesar salad dressing was not as good as I expected and the Iceberg salad was missing bacon crumbles otherwise it was good. Next time we will skip the salads and try other dishes. I still love the place!Special Features:
- HRleyDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, service. Steaks were great. Creamed corn best in the universe. Quite pricey, even by LA standardsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Something LackingcarnivorcallingDined on 8/24/2014My family and I were disappointed with the porter house that we shared, it had striffen running throughout, making it a tough piece of meat to cut, let alone chew. I will say that our server went above and beyond, dealing with various food allergies. Plus she was very sweet. The ambiance was nice, but overall the food did not live up to the price.
- Still going strongSoccerrefVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had not been in awhile. We had a refreshing gimlet made with crushes cucumber, a glass of a good Gruner Veltliner, a special salad with haricots verbs and prosciutto (specials made it hard to choose), oysters, the famous pot roast, and the famous pork chop. Pork chop was overlooked but they replaced it with a perfectly cooked one immediately. By going early we avoided the noise. Very nice time. Will return.Special Features:
- Classic LA EateryCartoonGuyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great place to take business associates or to celebrate a special occasion. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is very inviting. Well worth the visit.Special Features:
- WonderfulMarkmanVIPDined on 8/10/2014As usual, this is a great restaurant with a outstanding brunch (dinner is also great, but this was a brunch day).... Spot on service and top notch food!Special Features:
- An old fav still impressesSureImSureDined on 8/9/2014We checked out a high-end place in BH for dinner, but based on its high prices we decided to sample a few small plates and cocktails and move on to something more substantial. Jar was just the ticket—a mix of substance, ambiance, quality, and the fact that these days you can get in at 9PM on a Saturday. Our steaks and pork chop were perfectly cooked and reasonably priced (less than you'd pay for at Fleming's, Ruth Chris' or Mastro's). They seem to rethought their wine list in recent years to make it more accessible and price friendly. I'm assuming to make it a place where regulars can go to and not feel pinched. We brought our own wine after making sure they didn't carry the same bottles. Finally, the service was good and really helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer SlumpFoodandfunlvrVIPDined on 8/8/2014This pretty reliable "supper club" was in free fall Friday night. 20 minutes to the first cocktail...and then they had to go back for remixing. Disappearing wait staff. But the magically yummy food and finally corrected booze made it all fun again.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in L.A.RegiVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food, the service, the wine list the atmosphere are exceptional. This place makes me very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on my top tenyellowfeverDined on 8/6/2014the food was okay, but there is much better to be had in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014As always Jar is the perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud 'n ProudStoatDined on 8/1/2014Great food, terrific service, horribly overpriced drinks. $18.00 for a Manhattan is just gouging. But the worst thing is the noise level. It's really tough to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2014Restaurant is excellent in every way and from start to finish. It's hard to beat this place -- high quality food, high quality service, great flavors. THIS is how a restaurant is done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneraminlaVIPDined on 7/31/2014We went to Jar to celebrate my birthday, which was a wonderful way to spend my birthday. The food and service were excellent. It truly was a special evening.Special Features:
- pot roast was awesomeluvsgreatfoodDined on 7/24/2014Our waitress was very helpful and pleasant. My dining experience was great. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so deliciousDWinNoHoDined on 7/21/2014The lobster prix fixe was an incredible treat! All was outstanding!Special Features:
- disappointingTerribleVIPDined on 7/20/2014I have had pretty good food at this spot over the years. I was hopeful about brunch, but frankly, it was just okay.
- UrbangirlDined on 7/20/2014Service was terrible. Took 25min to receive bar drink and then I was asked if I wanted to straight up or on the rocks ! Either over worked (appeared to be alone)or the wrong person for the job. Asked for some bread to accompany lunch. My companion is diabetic and couldn't eat the the sweet bread. " we don't serve bread til dinner ". I insisted that if bread was available at dinner then certainly they could toast a slice for her. The bread did not show up. I asked one of gentlemen helping her and it was out immediately.Special Features:
- High quality food & serviceboilingDDined on 7/18/2014Had another wonderful meal at Jar! They have a small, well thought out menu of delicious American comfort food -- love the pot roast and baked salmon -- served in a room that looks like it's straight out of MadMen. Really great cocktails & desserts, too. The highlight of this visit was our waiter -- I relied on him to make several choices for me. He was friendly, attentive, very decisive in his advice and didn't steer us wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.