8225 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thejar.com/
- Phone: (323) 655-6566
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday, 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Tracht
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jar comes to you! From intimate dinners for eight to large scale events for 200, we freshly prepare and serve your Jar favorites in the comfort of your own home, office or special event venue. Our professionally trained catering team has years of special event experience and know-how. And, we are ready to handle every facet of your event. Everything with the attention to detail and personalized service that you expect from Suzanne Tracht and her team! Give us a call or drop us a line for more details.
A word from Jar
Jar, the highly acclaimed restaurant by Chef Suzanne Tracht, is a modern day chophouse which fares great appetizers and salads, a la carte Broilers & Roasts, Braises & Sautes, supplemented by an array of sides and sauces, and dessert. Chef Suzanne Tracht and Chef de Cuisine Preech Narkthong continue to create a contemporary American cuisine with dishes that appeal to everyone. The room is infused with the artistry and flair of a 1940's Supper Club and the signature dishes have brought rave reviews for almost a decade. Be sure to join us for a stylish Brunch menu every Sunday, or a last minute dinner at Jar Bar / Lounge. Check our website for menus and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Jar reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (36)notable wine list (29)good for groups (23)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (10)late-night find (4)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Skirt steak very good. They forgot a side order. Ambiance dull.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014We tried to send this to Jar, but there were too many characters: We've always loved Jar, since you opened, but this past Sunday brunch just had a couple of glitches. For one thing, several items on the menu were unavailable (BLT, char siu sandwich, etc.) - anything involving bread, which was weird, because there were only a few people there that day. And my friend's birthday dessert was not what we thought we were ordering for her (one of her particular favorites) - and then took half an hour to get to the table (and wasn't great). However, the waiter was nice enough to offer to take it off the bill. We were just kind of surprised, as everything there is always stellar. (However, the fries were as fabulous as ever! And the service!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinersDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance is not so great. The food is very good and the service. The noise is very loud that you could not hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails To ImpressjamessVIPDined on 11/8/2014Jar has been and I suspect always will be special place for dinner. The food is fabulous. I had the pork chop and was not disappointed. I am asking for the recipe. My wife loved her lamb shank and our friends were very impressed with their steaks. The service continues to be outstanding. If I have one complaint it is the noise level. This is a problem in so many restaurants in LA that it would never hold you back from going to Jar. Just loved the evening.Special Features:
- luvfoodDined on 11/8/2014The food was very good with a wide variety of menu items. The skirt steak was very tender and flavorful, and we both enjoyed it. The service was attentive and our server was always there when we needed her. However, it was very noisy, and we were almost shouting at each other.Special Features:
- GreatHelloMDined on 11/7/2014The food is perfect & the crowd is 'grown up'. Not just for the cool kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Overlooked Restaurant in LABrunoVIPDined on 11/4/2014JAR is overlooked by many diners for reasons which are unknown to me. This is one of the best menus in LA with top flight ingredients and preparation. The best pot roast in the city, wild salmon 365 days a year, great meats, wonderful sides, an exceptional pork chop with Asian touches. Wake up LA---where are you? All of the things that I mention plus more at affordable prices. GET THERE! NOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Once a month, I go out with 2 couples for a Los Angeles Foodie experience. Jar did not disappoint. The food was amazing. We got to meet the owner/chef. The Kansas City steak was so great I had nothing left to take home. I also liked the lighting and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014Every bite was just wonderful...I highly recommend this restaurant... The quality of the service and the food is first rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ultimate dining experienceEricDined on 10/24/2014This was my first time there and I've heard about this place all the time. Now I know why people rave about this place. Crystal at the front was amazing. She was helpful and accommodating, what a pleasure to be greeted by her. The service was incredible and the food amazing from starters to dessert. The waiter was so patient and knew his menu for suggestions. I will recommend this place for those who has never been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Goodgood4uDined on 10/24/2014Jar has proven itself to be consistently good and has earned its reputation for imaginative food that is well prepared and served by an attentive staff in a well designed setting. First rate! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- AwesomeMarkmanVIPDined on 10/20/2014Went for a special dinner as Jar was doing a Pre-fix 3 course Monday deal.... Food was OUTSTANDING, service great! This is a wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- quesaxaVIPDined on 10/19/2014The Pot Roast Hash is extraordinary (although the pot roast, the star of the dish, sometimes gets lost in all the other food)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014i have never had a bad meal here and they have the best banana cream pie i have ever had on the dessert menu! everything is delicious, the service is professional and unobtrusive. the decor is simple and the lighting dim. always a lovely experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAPhilattendeeVIPDined on 10/16/2014Jar is always a hit, on spot, and a sure-fire thing after all these years...Special Features:
- Very swankydavid515VIPDined on 10/10/2014Great steaks. Feels like a place I'd take GM guys from 1953.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestHollywoodFoodieDined on 10/2/2014I have been to JAR multiple times and have never been disappointed. Every item was delicious and beautifully presented!Special Features:
- Way too loudCannothearyouDined on 10/1/2014Food and service was outstanding, but one loud group of people makes the entire room unbearably loud and uncomfortable. Way too noisy!
- Great experience all around!grouchoarnVIPDined on 9/27/2014First time at Jar, but it won't be the last. Great service from the moment we walked in and were greeted warmly by the hostess. The drinks before dinner were accented with the potato chips and sour cream/horseradish sauce. Excellent service at dinner and all dishes were perfectly prepared. The bone-in ribeye steak was amazing! This is a restaurant which paid attention to every detail. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Jarsandler01VIPDined on 9/27/2014My wife and enjoyed it very much food and service made for a wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyJdsearcherVIPDined on 9/26/2014All was great except forward the noise level. Very difficult to hold a conversation with out companions. Also took way too long to be served.Special Features:
- Great steaks, great roomOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Always a perennial classic, I keep forgetting how perfect and great the room and service is. It's the reason it's so busy so many years later...Special Features:
- So you want to relax and chat?jcsuperstar333Dined on 9/24/2014I enjoy the food at JAR very much and have been a fan since Tracht's in Long Beach days. Unfortunately, the noise level is terrible in JAR. Not so much caused by the people, but more the acoustics. If you want to be heard you scream, and everyone was screaming to be heard across the table. I enjoy good service as much as the next person, but I do not like waiters and busboys who grab your plate out from under you and are in a constant rush to clear the table. The evening was anything but relaxing. We went for Rosh Hashana and are sorry we did.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food was wonderful. The prime steak was the best in a long while.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/21/2014We went for Sunday brunch. Had the pot roast hash and the lobster Benedict. Both were excellent. Very flavorful. With such good food, the place should be more crowded. Possibly it is a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surpriseLAGourmetVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic food and service. Amazing flavor -- particularly the halibut special, the brussel sprouts and the salted carmel butterscotch pudding. Jonathan Gold of the L.A. Times had it in his top 30....it's higher in my bookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but PriceyMikeDined on 9/12/2014I have wanted to try this place for a while now. Went the other night with a friend and enjoyed the time there. My only issue was the price. Dinner for 2 with one drink each was $190 without a tip. That is just crazy. Will probably not go back but if you enjoy good food without a concern for the tab..by all means go.Special Features:
- highly overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014This is an unexceptional place, not worth the money.
- Food was excellentCpfreeDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was very simple inside but the food was qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Incredibly overpriced for what it is... delicious meat, but everything else did not meet my standards. I expected much more from this restaurant. I will never come back!Special Features:
- Best of the weekend!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014The food is truly chef inspired! There were four of us and each person voted Jar's food the best of the weekend.( and we had a weekend of good food) Deviled eggs with crab, excellent start. The Pot Roast, the duck fried rice, the lobster coctail....the butterscotch salted carmel... you name it, it was awesome. We would be back to try all the other menu items we didn't eat on this trip. Service was A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jargusmanDined on 8/31/2014I have eaten at Jar since it opened, although its been a year since i was last there. While its always been good, this recent visit was remarkable. We were 6 people and ordered quite a lot of food, and very diversified. While it has a certain reputation for its meats the other dishes we had, especially the fish special was beyond anything we could hope for. It was also my wife's birthday and she loved it, as did our guests. I also wanted to mention the service was outstanding, and the staff made us feel even more special.We are big foodies and continue to try all the new places popping up in LA, at the end of the day Jar remains a favorite. Its definitely a go to place foe me today and most probably in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasha57Dined on 8/30/2014I love eating at Jar and go there for special occasions. The pot roast was excellent as well as the side dishes. The salads were a little disappointing. The Caesar salad dressing was not as good as I expected and the Iceberg salad was missing bacon crumbles otherwise it was good. Next time we will skip the salads and try other dishes. I still love the place!Special Features:
- HRleyDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, service. Steaks were great. Creamed corn best in the universe. Quite pricey, even by LA standardsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Something LackingcarnivorcallingDined on 8/24/2014My family and I were disappointed with the porter house that we shared, it had striffen running throughout, making it a tough piece of meat to cut, let alone chew. I will say that our server went above and beyond, dealing with various food allergies. Plus she was very sweet. The ambiance was nice, but overall the food did not live up to the price.
- Still going strongSoccerrefVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had not been in awhile. We had a refreshing gimlet made with crushes cucumber, a glass of a good Gruner Veltliner, a special salad with haricots verbs and prosciutto (specials made it hard to choose), oysters, the famous pot roast, and the famous pork chop. Pork chop was overlooked but they replaced it with a perfectly cooked one immediately. By going early we avoided the noise. Very nice time. Will return.Special Features:
- Classic LA EateryCartoonGuyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great place to take business associates or to celebrate a special occasion. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is very inviting. Well worth the visit.Special Features:
- WonderfulMarkmanVIPDined on 8/10/2014As usual, this is a great restaurant with a outstanding brunch (dinner is also great, but this was a brunch day).... Spot on service and top notch food!Special Features:
- An old fav still impressesSureImSureDined on 8/9/2014We checked out a high-end place in BH for dinner, but based on its high prices we decided to sample a few small plates and cocktails and move on to something more substantial. Jar was just the ticket—a mix of substance, ambiance, quality, and the fact that these days you can get in at 9PM on a Saturday. Our steaks and pork chop were perfectly cooked and reasonably priced (less than you'd pay for at Fleming's, Ruth Chris' or Mastro's). They seem to rethought their wine list in recent years to make it more accessible and price friendly. I'm assuming to make it a place where regulars can go to and not feel pinched. We brought our own wine after making sure they didn't carry the same bottles. Finally, the service was good and really helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer SlumpFoodandfunlvrVIPDined on 8/8/2014This pretty reliable "supper club" was in free fall Friday night. 20 minutes to the first cocktail...and then they had to go back for remixing. Disappearing wait staff. But the magically yummy food and finally corrected booze made it all fun again.Special Features: