975 Lincoln St
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.japoix.com/
- Phone: 3038612345
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Japoix Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight,
Sunday, 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Lawrence Yee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Ladies Drink free Champagne in the lounge every Thursday night from 9pm - Midnight
A word from Japoix
JAPOIX elevates the concept of fusion cuisine with a new American approach to dining in which guests can share, savor and socialize in an upscale atmosphere. Combining flavors from America's ethnically diverse landscape with traditional techniques, Japoix's cuisine strongly magnifies pan-Asian twists on American staples. Whether sharing the contemporary sushi rolls and small plates or indulging in the innovative hot stone cooking called ishiyaki. Choose from cuts of meat like tender Wagyu Kobe ribeye, full-flavored lamb sirloin or prime New York strip steak, which will be sliced and presented raw with a trio of house-made sauces. Using a salted slab of volcanic rock heated to a searing temperature of 1,000 degrees, guests can cook their meat selections at the table for a fully customizable and engaging dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Japoix reviews from OpenTable diners
- So glad I was able to enjoykateylynnVIPDined on 9/2/2012So glad I was able to enjoy a fabulous dinner here before they close tomorrow. Hopefully, they will find a great new location.Special Features:
- japoixOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2012just one of my best dining experiences ever. Virginia was an outstanding server, with a great smileSpecial Features:
- Wonderful room & really imaginativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2012Wonderful room & really imaginative, fun, delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Lack Luster ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2012Unfortunately you can tell this place is on its way out. When we dined here there were issues from the moment we walked in the door. We had reservations and when we walked in we could see there were several open tables, but the hostess made us wait 15 minutes before seating us. We were immediately greeted by our server but when we didn't order an alcoholic beverage she gave us a rude look and was visibly disappointed. The service went down hill from there. The food portions were incredibly small given the fact that their price points are high, an example of this would be the mussels, $8.00 for 8 small mussels. The rest of the food lacked much needed seasoning. Changes need to take place or they will close soon.
- Business model has moved awayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2012Business model has moved away from fine dining to a club atmosphere. Food portions were normal for small plates, however the filet on a hot stone looked like 3 ounces,it was a poor value for the money. Some items were good, like the pork belly slider and duck fried rice, and some things were so poor we should have sent them back (the mussels were mushy and flavorless and the octopus salad was so salty we couldn't eat it). I will not revisit.Special Features:
- We go to Japoix all the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2012We go to Japoix all the time but this particular evening the service was fair/poor. Our server never checked in us to see if we needed anything until the end of the night, thus we only got one order of drinks. Nor were our water glasses filled up. It was like we were invisible as folks surrounding us were waited on.
- Really liked the small tapasbill9687Dined on 8/13/2012Really liked the small tapas like plates that we could try and share. Great concept.Special Features:
- Always the best. LawrenceTazzVIPDined on 8/12/2012Always the best. Lawrence and Julie made it special yet again. The Manhattan was great and a bonus that Lawrence made the recommendation. Crab claw corn dog treat was weird but very tasty. Seared tenderloin was excellent; little chewy but extremely flavorful. Hot rock New York strip was fun.Special Features:
- great place to take your friendstadams2347Dined on 8/12/2012We have eaten at Japoix several times and always enjoy the quality of the food and the great ambiance and service. They have changed up the menu and gone to smaller plates, which is great because it gives us a chance so many new items. Overall, love Japoix and it is a great place to take visiting friends because it never disappoints.Special Features:
- The attempts for creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2012The attempts for creative dishes fell short, as they were not well cooked, and the flavors did not work well together. There were four people in our party, and we each had atleast three dishes each, and not one person cared for any of the dishes served. We dine out frequently, and have not had such poor food in a great while.
- Great food....service not so much.ssolis1stDined on 8/10/2012We go eat here at least 3x a month and service is always an issue in the restaurant area. Water goes empty for 5 minutes or longer, you have to ask for a refill and even then it takes a while. Service is different at the bar/lounge. Bar/lounge service is so much better than the restaurant side!Special Features:
- Liking the new menu that'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2012Liking the new menu that's all small plates! Everything full of flavor, especially the crunchy shrimp pops with a tangy tamarind-esque type sauce.Special Features:
- We were very happy with mostOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2012We were very happy with most of the items we ordered at Japoix. I the Kobe beef sliders were our favorite and I would definitely go back to try the other varieties. The small plates are great for sharing so you can try many different foods.Special Features:
- Poor Service, food just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2012As usual, the food was okay but the service really was beyond poor. The spicy bread was completely overcooked and so hard that we couldn’t eat it. The server did not even notice the entire plate of bread was still there when she cleared the table and did not inquire if it was okay or if something was wrong. Beverages were also another issue. We were never asked if we wanted another cocktail and had to ask for more water after our server came to our table several times and walked away from the empty glasses. For a server to visit a table 2-3 times and ignore empty glasses is unacceptable. Was NOT impressed with our service!
- The food was fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2012Absolutely excellent!!! Will definitely go back every chance I get.Special Features:
- New menu/new chef= bad news.janeeyre96VIPDined on 8/3/2012New menu/new chef= bad news. All the waiters were confused, two of five of our dishes were wrong. The prices are ridiculous now, we spent $50 and barely anything. The food dishes are tiny and the proteins are even smaller. Bring back the old menu and we'll be back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012The food was excellent and just a fun place to dine!Special Features:
- Excellent experience. JaPoixOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2012Excellent experience. JaPoix also has one of the best Happy Hours in town.Special Features:
- I simply love this place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012I simply love this place!!! Anytime I have visitors this is the place I take them to. They always have a great time and feel like royalty during the visit. Thank you so much for always taking great care of myself and my friends!!!Special Features:
- Excellent from start to finish!!!allidocDined on 7/30/2012Excellent from start to finish!!! Nice atmosphere, terrific and creative food and efficient, friendly and informative staff!!! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Not A Goid ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/28/2012Several problems: they switched to a tasting menu only. While that ended up to be okay, everything was SO spicy even though our server had assured us it was not. Perhaps they had a new chef that was over zealous with spice and heat. We could barely eat our miso cod and other items. We would have asked for something else but the kitchen and service was so slow that we gave up. Then...we ordered their toffee cake with ice cream which was good until we realized the sauce/bottom was burned. Needless to say, it was not a good night. Our first clue should have been with the hostess with big holes (gauges earrings) in her ears. Not appetizing and the servers were sloppy and unkempt too. Again, they must have a new owner. It used to be better
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2012Very unique in a positive way. It almost like eating in a "Club" atmosphere, very contemporary. Ambiance great, food very good but you have to like food that is different. A great addition to downtown dining.Special Features:
- Not sure I really get Japoix.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2012Not sure I really get Japoix. The interior design appears to be random and not cohesive. The prices for the steak were high considering you had to cook it yourself on a stone at your table. On top of that our service was not anything to write home about. Good luck on your future.
- Japoix is exceptional! WhatLovingLifeVIPDined on 7/20/2012Japoix is exceptional! What a great venue and wonderful food... The perfect date spot. Always something different, sophisticated, edgy, delicious. Thank you, Japoix!Special Features:
- Below-Average "Bar Food"OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/16/2012I say that Japoix has a "vibrant bar scene" only because from what I saw of the restaurant/bar it looked like an okay place to grab a quick drink. I would not recommend Japoix to anyone looking for any food. It is your below-average "bar food". The service was horrible, even on the slow night we were there.Special Features:
- Cool, understated and deliciousElisaVDined on 7/16/2012Very cool atmosphere - simple but unique lounge in the back. Casual but hip. Try the Electric French Kiss Martini - unique and quite the sensation. All the food was incredibly good - great for those who like to try a bunch of items. Service was efficient and personable. Great place!Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012We found this place online and i am glad we did. The servers were extremelly helpfull but not overly pressuring. The food was absolutely amazing. We ordered three dishes and couldnt finish all of it. The prices for the food were very affordable and more than worth it. The atmoshere inside was welcoming and made you want to smile. This is a great place for a romantic dinner or for a group of friends or coworkers to hang out and try interesting food and drinks. I would suggest the electric french kiss as one of those interesting experiences. While the flower in the drink is an aquired taste, you will soon understand why it is electric. You have to try the experience to understand. Overall one of the best restaurants I have ever been to.Special Features:
- Great local dining in the Triangle!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012What's not to like about a locally owned Asian inspired menu that combines sweet, spicy, and robust impressively balanced. We had a group of 4, and had the second best seat in the house (a large round table at the front windows). The best table is a wonderfully large round table set by the kitchen which looks like it could seat 10. There is also a family style long table that looks like it would be a great place to sit as well. Food was great. We had a mixture of items from the menu ranging from bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese and nuts, to panko breading covered shrimp mac n' cheese. We had a great time, the food and wine was perfect, and the staff was great! We also had the hot rock, which was fun to share!Special Features:
- More of a tapas menu now.LouieDined on 7/13/2012More of a tapas menu now. Ohef keeps on changing his menu. Not sure I like that. Good food.
- I love this place! UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012I love this place! Unique food choices and exotic flavors! Always fun!Special Features:
- Thought I wasn't a fan ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Thought I wasn't a fan of Japanese food. Wrong. Japoix's menu was varied; food excellent. Service, ambience first rate. Will dine there again with pleasure!Special Features:
- Very busy, young crowd. OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2012Very busy, young crowd. Overall very good. Sushi is fresh and tasty. Some mezze-style plates better than others.Special Features:
- This was our third time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012This was our third time to Japoix, first time since they changed to a semi-tapas menu. Our first two visits were awesome! Unfortunately, we were disappointed all the way around. The menu items were great in concept, we were excited when we ordered, but were underwhelmed when we at the food. The service also lacked.
- Gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012This used to be one of our favorite restaurants, but it seems to have gone down hill. We received less meat than in the past with the social hot rock and lamb is no longer an option. The hot rock also used to come with fries and now does not. They have changed the fries and not for the better. The corn doc lobster claws were great, but we were disappointed as we have experienced excellence from them in the past.
- The staff was very good ,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012The staff was very good , the ability to accommodate our preference of placing several small orders was great. That being said , we were not given clean plates to eat on between orders. The last order we had to ask. The food was very good , mac & cheese with rock shrimp was dry and the mussels were horribly overcooked.Special Features:
- It took 5 minutes for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012It took 5 minutes for the hostess to greet us and get us seated. The food came out quick and was delicious. The waiter that we had was very slow and didn't come around to refill our water until we asked. The restaurant wasn't busy for him to not notice our water glasses.Special Features:
- The wait staff was not adequate.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012The wait staff was not adequate. There was only one server and he worked very hard, but had the entire restaurant! I would suggest that there be at least 2 servers. I felt sorry for the waiter and the hostess. The food and presentation was excellent.Special Features:
- We all thought their old menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/30/2012We all thought their old menu had more options, but what we had was good.
- We started out with edaname.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2012We started out with edaname. Spicing was perfect on the sauce that covered it, not too much but just enough. I had the poke salad and my husband had the salmon and California rolls. Nothing to complain about. Perfect meal.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood spotkateylynnVIPDined on 6/28/2012Enjoyed our first visit to Japoix. Will be planning a second visit soon.Special Features: