Jantzen Beach Bar and Grill
909 N Hayden Island Dr
Portland, OR 97217Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jantzen Beach Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jantzenbeachbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (503) 978-4554
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday 3:00pm - 6:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Lorenzo Gonsalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Jantzen Beach Bar & Grill is the perfect spot to host your event of 20 - 150 people. Share the stunning view of the mighty Columbia River in our dining room or host a more intimate event in one of our private dining areas. Food and beverage minimum’s vary depending upon date.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Jamison 5039784561x
- Entertainment: JB’s Nightclub & Lounge is where you can let the weeks' stresses fall away as you dance to the latest in dance tunes. Strut your stuff or enjoy one of our specialty cocktails, local beer or Willamette Valley wine.
Friday nights are Live at JB's Nightclub & Lounge! We offer the area's best live dancing music on Friday's and our DJ spins the sounds every Thursday and Saturday.
There's always something exciting happening at Jantzen Beach Bar & Grill and JB's Nightclub & Lounge!
- Special Events: Holiday Buffets and Christmas Ship Viewing
A word from Jantzen Beach Bar and Grill
Jantzen Beach Bar & Grill offers a stylish, upbeat atmosphere boasting one of the best views on the Columbia River. Located inside the bustling Red Lion on the River with easy access from I-5 we offer delicious selections for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Known as one of the happiest lounges around, our twice-a-day Happy Hour is offered from 3pm-6pm & 9pm-11pm. Our full-service bar offers hand-crafted cocktails, a "Fair Price" wine list featuring NW wines and some of the best local breweries on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jantzen Beach Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- RickVIPDined on 10/29/2014Nice restaurant in Red Lion with great river view. Here for lunch this day, nice lunch choices, soup, salads, sandwichs and entrees for those wanter larger portions. Started with the tomato soup, just a hint of spice to add to the great taste, then had the Italian Copa panini, well prepared and tasty. Serveer described menu selections well, available when needed, else let us enjoy our meal. First time eating here, definitely will try again next time in the area. Convenient to I-5 for those traveling north to Washington state.Special Features:
- Nice experiencestringjetDined on 9/22/2014Excellent service and nice American kitchen! Air condition cooled down too low but this is not Jantzen specific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great locationjackVIPDined on 7/18/2014hotel restaurants and restaurants with great views don't have to be great to survive. That said, the food was very good. The service people were friendly but definitely lacked polish. All 8 of us were more than satisfied with our meal and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!klunar11VIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a great dinner, great view of two snow-capped mountain tops and the river from our outside table and the waitress was kind and accommodating :)Special Features:
- Great placeWendyDined on 4/20/2014Have had such a great time here. Had last Thanksgiving and Christmas here too. Lots to eat. Would definately recommend! Such a relaxed atmosphere. Wonderful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely TimeSaritaLaneDined on 4/20/2014Enjoyed Easter Brunch at the Jantzen Beach Bar and Grill. We were seated immediately. The buffet was plentiful and delicious. Many selections to choose from. Staff very attentive at the buffet and our table. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time Great foodNoNameDined on 3/21/2014First time there and while it was very spendy 49.00 after a 15.00 gift certificate, it was well worth the cost. Our server was a nice chap (who I wish I remembered his name as he was excellent) who came out and his recommendations and knowledge of the menu was spot on. He recommended the salmon for my wife and his choice of an Italian white wine was perfect for her. I choose the Mushroom and Onion Burger which was excellent. We both had house salads and their dressing was a sherry vinaigrette that had the right amount of flavor to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!RitMarDined on 1/31/2014Cannot remember our waiter's name, but he was very friendly, informative and attentive. The food was fantastic and served in a timely fashion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerDeeDeeDined on 12/25/2013Service was good, food excellent, atmosphere was quaint.Special Features:
- Christmas disasterVisitorDined on 12/25/2013We had reservations for 7:00 pm Christmas Day, expecting the lovely buffet that was advertised at an affordable price. Only the regular menu was offered, but upon being seated, we learned that most of the listed items were not available. In fact, darn little was available, except trout, which was not even listed on the menu! The trout was ok, but not what we wanted. The restaurant did a poor planning job. The meal was very expensive, and frankly not worth the price. We will not return.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013It was Christmas night and my sister and family friend decided to find a place to eat Christmas dinner since we didn't have time to cook this year. We loved the menu and the food was great. Our seating wasn't as good as we thought in terms of ambience. We asked the person why we were being seated in another location other than what looked like the main seating area. She gave us a disappointing look at our comment. But on a much positive note, the service waiter was exceptional and as mentioned below... the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been niceFalina9Dined on 12/25/2013We were there with five adults and one child to avoid the hassle of family dinner preparations. The music was neither fish nor fowl; the food---well, the roast was undone and impossible to cut; everyone settled for crabs legs it seemed. The pumpkin pie was gone by the time we got to dessert (we were the late seating, but felt rushed; requests for crab cutters were met with, "Well, you'll have to share", which was okay, but seemed resentful. The implication was that coffee was free, but when I added a coffee for my husband at the end, the waitress said she hadn't gotten it on the receipt before billing me, so I guess we were charged for our coffees. The view of the Columbia was fantastic!.
- christmas brunchjack4eatsDined on 12/25/2013A good option for brunch on Christmas day....not many restaurants left to choose from....food was good, service was good....only comment from me is a 20% gratutity was automatically added....not expected and somehow seemed excessive. Overall good.Special Features:
- Outstanding Christmas BrunchgoodfoodieDined on 12/25/2013Dining at the Red Lion Jantzen Beach for Christmas was truly special. Personable and efficient staff, delicious food with a wide variety of dishes, and wlcoming atmosphere made for a delightful dining experience. Then add the view and you have an event that was certainly worthly of any holiday. We had 10 am reservations, were seated promptly at 10, service was prompt, the buffet was plentiful, ready and very attractively presented. I would not hesitate to come back for the next holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving buffetHelloPittyDined on 11/28/2013We went there for Thanksgiving because the price was reasonable, there were many food options, plenty of parking and a good location for all of us to meet. We weren't disappointed. Everything was great and the service was excellent. The live music was nice, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The location of Jantzen BeachMeet2exchangeDined on 10/6/2013The location of Jantzen Beach bar and grill was awesome. The view was breathtaking. Friendly and professional employees and very relaxing atmosphere. We brought our grandchildren and they were accepted well. The food was exceptional. Very quick service and the waitress was outstanding. Definitely will visit again. The price was just right too. If your thinking should I go, I say yes go and enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Evening RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Had a great time with the old Shenanigans. The view of the Interstate bridge was great and the service and staff were friendly and prompt. It made Valentine's Day pressure easy with Open Table booking. While traffic was unfortunate, we arrived plenty early and was seated right away. The food was really good and the atmosphere was serene and gentle.Special Features:
- What a great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013i've known about thia place for a long time hut nnever decided to go until look for VDAY reservations. the food ambiance and view were amazing service could have been better.Special Features:
- Lacking AmbiancenopodinerVIPDined on 12/15/2012The dining room was nearly empty when we arrived at 8:30 PM. There was no one to greet us and we had to wait several minutes before we were noticed and seated. There was a lot of noise from the bar, where people were dancing. We were seated at a table near a window with a river view, which was nice. There was a vent blowing cold air on us and I was cold. There was also quiet music broadcast for the diners, which competed with the rock n' roll coming from the bar. We took a quick look at the menu and I wasn't impressed. After adding up the negatives...too noisy, too cold, and a blah menu, we apologized to the waitress and left.Special Features: