105 S 13th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jamonerarestaurant.com/jamonera/
- Phone: 2159226061x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Marcie B. Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jamonera
Jamonera is a Spanish restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village section of center city. James Beard nominated Chef Marcie Turney’s menu will feature rustic, handcrafted regional fare such as: Banderillas of olives, boquerones and guindilla peppers; Crispy Calasparra Rice with heirloom pumpkin, chestnuts and La Quercia Acorn Edition jamon; Moorish Skewers of Lamb with spiced yogurt, mint and pickled chiles; and House-Cured Cecina with artichokes, fennel and amontillado sherry. Menu items will range in price from $4 to $20, spanning everything from small snacks to composed plates, all ideal for sharing. Seating at the bar is available for walk in seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jamonera reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (160)neighborhood gem (93)romantic (68)special occasion (63)hot spot (55)great for outdoor dining (32)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (24)good for groups (13)great for lunch (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Cozy and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014This was our first visit to Jamonera and we will definitely be back! All of our menu selections were exactly what we wanted.Special Features:
- Great MealFrankDined on 9/27/2014My Bride and I were looking for a place to celebrate my birthday and had been to Jamonera once before. We enjoyed the meal the first time and they didn't disappoint this time. We had a few small plates, wine, and entrees to share and left absolutely stuffed. It was a great meal and a great way to celebrate.Special Features:
- Great Food-Mediocre Wait StafffdgrzrDined on 9/27/2014Overall, the meal at Jamonera was fantastic. The small plates were tasty and the perfect portion to share for two. The pork was flavorful and the sides were a good compliment to the meat. This is a great place to go on a date or with a very small group, as space is limited. The hostess was very friendly and took care of us most of the time. Unfortunately, our waitress was terrible. She maybe came by once a 1/2 hour and was not helpful in answering our questions about the menu items. I would have been sympathetic if she had a lot of tables to wait, but it was just us and two other small parties.Special Features:
- AndyinOldCityDined on 9/26/2014Helpful advice from server, and just the right amount of attention. Food very interesting and tasty. Very generous portions for tapas-style dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Host is really disperse, not much effort into accomodating people. He told us we could move from the bar to our table after half an hour, then dissapeared, we were moving our food ourselves to a table which was not ready, then to the bar, then back to the table. The food is good, not spectacular, but good. Do not go for a date, you will dissapoint the girl. Better to go with laid back friends.Special Features:
- Salty PaellaabigailkVIPDined on 9/25/2014We enjoyed our meal at Jamonera. The service was excellent, the cocktails tasty and the kitchen accommodating about dietary restrictions. We took home so of the vegetarian paella for leftovers and the next day found it inedible due to salt levels. Restaurants oversalting their food is nothing new but I expected more from the owners of Jamonera and from my experiences at their other restaurants. it made me suspicious of the kitchen and what other shortcuts they may be using.Special Features:
- Tasty TapasPRMANManmanDined on 9/23/2014Was looking for an alternative from Alma de Cuba. I was recommend to Jamonera by a coworker and I am glad I went. The duck sausage breakfast bite was amazing. It had a great heat to it that set it apart from anything else. Also had the paella as my main dish. It was very good but was a tad too limey(?) for my tastes. The restaurant itself is absolutely beautiful and very intimate while being casual at the same time. Definitely a place I will return to in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent but Great OverallPickledPlumsDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere is young, the music is relatively loud, and the decor is composed almost entirely of black and red modern art. The waitress picked up our plates and refilled our glasses pretty quickly, though her demeanor was cold. We had the Crispy Cana de Cabra, the Croquetas, the Mushrom Flatbread and the Octopus. The Cana de Cabra and the Flatbread were exceptional. The Cana de Cabra was a fried piece of tangy goat's cheese topped with a citrus salad. The combination of the salty cheese, the crunch of the breading, and the sweetness of the citrus really woke up our tastebuds. But the (admittedly tender) grilled octopus was unfortunately so salty that I couldn't eat it- and I usually love my salt. Luckily the other dishes were great.Special Features:
- amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014What a place! The food was excellent, the wine and sangria were outstanding and the interior is beautifully decorated. You have to try the pan con tomate if it's on the menu, and save room for dessert because the donuts are out of this world. New favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapaspezz77VIPDined on 9/19/2014We came in late on a Friday night. We arrived early and they had a table available, the place is a bit small and the bar doesn't really allow for anyone to stand around it so we were glad there was a table. Aside from the space issue, food was great overall. We had the seafood paella, the pulpo and a few other tapas. We did like that not everything revolves around pork here since we don't eat it and we know tapas normally incorporate pork. Great find overall.Special Features:
- Always StunnedBeccaDined on 9/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the city, hands down. Between the cocktails, papas fritas, and wild mushroom truffle ANYTHING, I'm always floored by the flavors, ambiance and service. The shop next door, too, is a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the visitJKRafDined on 9/18/2014This was our first meal here after two visits to the bar for drinks and appetizer's. It was Restaurant Week so our expectations were lessened, but as a fan of the ownership team we were looking forward to the experience. We were not disappointed. We were seated immediately and our waiter could not have been more attentive. There is a creative mixed drink menu and a variety of bottled beers and Spanish wines. The menu choices were excellent for a Restaurant Week menu. The food surpassed expectations and there was a generous amount of it. The bacon wrapped figs and goat cheese salad were favorite starters. The main course hits were the branzino and pork loin. The bread pudding for dessert was top notch. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Intimate DiningKmil321VIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent, every course was fabulous. The ambiance is very intimate and romantic with mostly 2-seaters, red dim lighting, lush furniture. Very trendy and very hip! Would definitely bring a hot date here!Special Features:
- Great Food! Fun Atmosphere!ferarosaDined on 9/16/2014The food was wonderful! Everything we tried had intense bursts of flavor. The portion sizes were perfect for sharing and I loved the tapas style appetizers. I loved the atmosphere, from the the front door to the intimate tables! The textures and colors were warm and welcoming!Special Features:
- higher expectationsrickersDined on 9/15/2014I was anticipating a higher level dining experience based on recommendations from friends.It was good but nothing special. Perhaps It was because we ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. I might give it another try if in the area but would not make a reservation or go out of my way. Very good service was provided to our table.Special Features:
- Great restaurantJohnGDined on 9/13/2014Loved the food and the atmosphere...tapas is great if you're looking for variety. Service was great, just enough interaction and not overbearing. Our waitress helped us through the menu as we a little unsure how many plates would be good for two people. Would highly recommend...Special Features:
- Awesomeurbanfoodie1Dined on 9/12/2014I had a wonderful night at Jamonera..the food was great. .the service outstanding. .the restaurant week menu was awesome with getting all three appetizers...sidewalk dining is only for the courageous....overall I had a great time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekTNTCVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went for the special and had a nice selection and a very reasonable price. THe food was excellent and the Spanish wine list and drinks were awesome. The place is intimate - so expect to be friendly with your neighbors at the next table. We would return if even it wasn't Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Food is amazing every timeCohoganDined on 9/9/2014I don't go around singing the praises of many restaurants, but Jamonera is unbelievable. The flavors have such depth and you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. They must have an extremely talented and detail-oriented chef!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gemPhillyfoodie87VIPDined on 9/9/2014Went here for restaurant week and thought it was awesome. Great portions/food/drinks- highly recommend!Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerSuzESDined on 9/9/2014My mom and I shared a pre- theater, belated Mother's Day dinner. Every mouthful was delicious. The service was prompt, but not intrusive. We enjoyed appetizers and three additional courses. A memorable dinner and a definite return destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrisahDined on 9/6/2014This was not our first visit to Jamonera. We love that restaurant. The food is excellent and very authentic. We would recommend this to anyone who enjoys fine dining. The Sherry and Porto after dinner are also superb choices.Special Features:
- great tapasPhilly4dinnerDined on 9/5/2014Great food and reasonable prices. We loved the grilled octopus and pork flank steak. Service was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spot for groups81564VIPDined on 9/5/2014We especially like to go here with a group of women. There are lots of small plates that are great for sharing ( like tapis though they don't call it that) more a women's choice than our spousesSpecial Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Met a friend and feasted on numerous small plates. Nothing disappointed. Waiter let us take our time in ordering and talking as we haven't seen each other in a long time--was around plenty but never felt rushed. Will be back.Special Features:
- GREAT TAPAS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014I hadn't been to a tapas place in a while but had a hankering for it and this fit the bill perfectly! Unique and varied menu there is nothing I could complain about! Except that I could not eat more! The meatballs and the octopus were particularly good. And take a chance and try the bocarones!Special Features:
- Ole, OleDrmissannVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great Spnsh food attractively served. There were so many delicious options; ate lightly because we had to make a 7:30 PM theater. Will definitely come back and try out the paella...a favorite of mine.Special Features:
- hmmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014My waitress ran my card four times for about $150.00 on the same transaction which promptly caused my bank to shut down my card. Mind you, this has never happened to me before - ever. The food was mediocre at best, but the 6$ bacon - wrapped dates were incredible. However, their wine list was amazing and that was the highlight of our night.Special Features:
- Tapas and Sangria, a great pair.SeptaeaterDined on 9/3/2014If you like small plates done really well, Jamonera is a great place to go. Their meats, on their Chef's board are especially good. As a main course, the Paella was exceptional, and the ingredients were very fresh. The sangria they serve is a mix of wine juices and fresh cut fruit. Very light and refreshing. The bar was packed, and as the restaurant is not very deep, it was a little loud. One last thing - save room for the donuts!!!!Special Features:
- The Food Speaks For Itself.JordanDined on 8/31/2014The server took our drink order. We were anticipating him going over the specials (which,in the course of the meal, we noticed on the board in the back of the restaurant).He didn't go over any of them, not even the 11-course-or-so tasting menu. No knowledge was shed on the menu. We went with the tasting menu and were working hard to keep up with all the course. I ended up asking the server to slow it down. We had made it clear early that it was our anniversary and we were in no rush. He then told me to notify him when we were ready for more food. I would think it's obvious that we'd be ready for more food when we had finished a particular course, but I guess not. Food great, service not-so-great. Maybe this is just how they do it in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid in generalCityfoodyDined on 8/30/2014We finally had our first meal at Jamonera after many attempts on making a reservation. It was worth the wait for sure. The waiter gave us plenty of time to great our friends and chat a little before pushing for the order or abandoning us. He was very profesional and the food was fantastic! Every one at the table enjoy their dishes.Special Features:
- after theaterhaverforddinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great dinner after seeing a show at the Forrest Theater. Nice selection for all of us. Some dishes (flatbread, tuna, and dessert) more successful that others (veggie tapas and veggie paella). Be sure and have the mushroom flatbread, donuts, and bread pudding. Very good service.Special Features:
- Great placeBeisVIPDined on 8/28/2014A slightly different take on tapas. Interesting and different than say Amada. Really relaxed bar. Have enjoyed every meal I have had there and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine2dineDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good. Four of us shared excellent appetizers and we all loved our main courses. The service was good and fast and we made our theater reservations on time. Waiter was knowledgable and efficient. Overall the experience was excellentSpecial Features:
- See below.JimmyDined on 8/26/2014Going to Jamonera was a delightful experience. One of my friends had been there before but for the other two of us it was a first experience. It was an absolutely delightful one! The food was delicious and our server, Sergei, could not have been more patient, attentive and helpful. Ever since I have been recommending it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experience!PhillyDinerDined on 8/25/2014There's absolutely nothing to complain about at Jamonera. The service was great, the food superb, and the portion size was surprisingly large for Tapas style. Things we ordered that were especially great and I would highly recommend: Papa Frita, Spanish Breakfast, Grilled Spanish Octopus, Pan Seared Branzino, Chef's Board, Hanger Steak Things that were good, but probably not worth the money: Berenjenas, Paella Mixta. Overall, I really enjoyed this restaurant and will surely go back soon to try the items I couldn't fit in my stomach the first time there! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent!WisteriaDined on 8/24/2014Everything was good. We especially liked the meatballs - so much we asked for a second order! The bacon-wrapped dates are amazing! The interior, while a bit dark to actually see anything, is spectacular! We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Was fine, enjoyed everything but nothing to write home about. Reasonable prices though.Special Features:
- the perfect experience...mdevereauxDined on 8/21/2014jamonera provides an amazing culinary experience with every plate...the restaurant is beautiful stylized...the staff is amazingly knowledgeable and compliments the experience at every turn...the small plates are perfect for sharing and we were amazed at every dish...the flavors, the presentation and the combinations were indescribable and so well executed...we will definitely return and will recommend jamonera to literally everyone that we know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella and Sangria night!eaterrrrrDined on 8/18/2014My friend and I caught the last Paella and Sangria night that Jamonera did. He had been before for dinner, I had not. We did the chicken, sausage and mussel paella with a pitcher of the rosé sangria. As with the other concepts within this restaurant family, everything was stellar. I will definitely be going back for a non-promotional night.Special Features: